Killer Beafowl UW145EWD Rough Draft

Should I change it to "The only part in this which has found good use in combinations is EWD, which is only as good as WD and the latter is much easier to obtain. This Beyblade should only be bought for collection purposes." ?

Also, should I add in "Other Versions" that UW145 and EWD come in the Strongest Blader Set ?
No, to add to the "Other Versions" of a certain beyblade, usually the face, CW (and maybe even MW) might need to be similar. I am not sure about this, though. But yes, the constellation/character represented by a certain bey must be similar, to be able to call it another version of the other bey. This means that the Face has to be same. It may also imply that CW might be same. But, there are some exceptions to the 'same CW' theory. Smile
The Spin Track and Bottom are the most unimportant things when considering beys for "Other Versions".
About Killer Beafowl, the Other Versions may be certain recolors of Killer Beafowl. Smile
What you want to add does not belong to "Other Versions" but it can be added to this- http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Track_List
And yes, you may say that Killer Beafowl should only be bought for collection purposes.
The reason is, the only Competitive Part it offers(EWD) has now become easily available through a more useful (and expensive) Strongest Blader Set.
I hope this was helpful!
Aha, I figured so.

But isn't the reason I said more fitting ? It seems to be just as good as WD or D (The story is a bit different when on Basalt.)

So how do you think I should say it.

Thanks for you're help !
Killer Beafowl UW145EWD

Quote:Note: Killer Beafowl UW145EWD was originally released as the "Rare" Beyblade in Random Booster Vol.6 Killer Beafowl. It has since become more easily obtainable in the Starter version released by SonoKong.

Face: Beafowl
Weight: 1.1 grams
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Pavo, the Peacock, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Beafowl
Weight: 2.9 grams
This is a relatively balanced and circular Clear Wheel. It has two different illustrations on it: on two sides there are peacock heads, while structures that resemble Peacock wings are adjacent. The Clear Wheel is released in a pale-pink color.

Metal Wheel: Killer
Weight:31.1 grams
Like its Metal System predecessor Gemios, Killer has a textured, bumpy, two-winged design that ends in two rounded edges. However, unlike its predecessor, it is considerably thinner even with a smaller amount of metal dropping below the base of the Wheel. Being so thin, the edges of each wing do not apply as much force as those of the Gemios Metal Wheel; as a result, Killer loses any of the potential Smash Attack the first incarnation had.

Being so thin negates any possible defensive qualities, and though it may seem suited for Stamina, it performs poorly compared to the top-tier Stamina Wheels such as Virgo, Burn, and Earth.

Track: Upper Wing 145
Weight: 3.6 grams

This Track features three large wings, which start low down on the Track and gradually rise, ending in a flat contact point. This wing structure can be removed and flipped over, changing its orientation to suit either offensive or defensive purposes. While the rounded edges are aligned in the spin direction, the Track's intended purpose, as its name suggests, is to provide Upper Attack: however, the effect is negligible as the Track is unlikely to make significant contact with other Beys due to its relatively low placement underneath the Wheel. When flipped over, the sharper contact points can provide Smash Attack, but again, their low placement, exacerbated by the way the wings now curve downwards, means that the potential for Smash Attack is compromised heavily.

The gimmick of this Track is the ability to change from Attack to Defense mode by switching the direction of the wings, similar to SW145. While it is in Attack mode, the wings' slopes are angled upwards, facing clockwise, and in Defense mode it is angled downwards, facing anti-clockwise.

The wings, orientated so that the rounded edges are aligned with the spin direction, can be used for defensive purposes in deflecting opponent Beys. There are superior Tracks for this purpose however, such as BD145.

Use in Attack customization:
The Smash Attack potential of UW145 can be utilized in the combo MF Variares UW145LRF, with the sharper, pointed edges facing counter-clockwise.

Bottom: Eternal Wide Defense
Weight: 1.2 grams

EWD is part of a series of existing Bottoms prefixed with Eternal, featuring bearing-based tips. EWD, as its name suggests, is a bearing-implemented version of WD. It features a similar wide shape, but the tip of the Bottom is replaced by a free-spinning sharp piece. This rotates freely, and increases the balance and spin-retention of the Bottom. Unlike ES, the Bottom does not suffer from balance issues because of its wide shape, which allows it many of the same survival capabilities as WD at low spin velocities. Friction on this part seems to be a problem for it. As EWD wears down, it loses a lot of it's stamina capabilities and wearing down effects its performance a lot. Since it is only one bearing, there is still a considerable amount of friction between the bearing and the tip, and paired together, the effects are hardly negigible in comparison to WD. WD usually overshadows EWD because of more availability due to a more widespread release, and EWD has more cons than pros when compared. The grinding between the bearing and the tip often can lead to both increased stamina and decresed stamina if too much grinding is produced.

Use in Stamina customization
EWD's superb balance at low spin velocities can be utilised in conjunction with the perfectly round underside of BD145 in Boost Mode in the customization Scythe Kronos BD145EWD.

Overall:
Killer Beafowl UW145EWD is comprised of predominantly outclassed parts in Killer and UW145, but EWD is an extremely effective alternative to WD and PD for Stamina customisations, making this a worthwhile purchase for any competitive Blader.

Really just added a section I wrote to EWD. Updated the customizations a bit as well to make the article look more recent.
Criticism on the added EWD part? Unnecessary, or not good enough?
(oh look, this is already up lol. Derp.)
I can also take photos for Beywiki someday, once the rain lets up. Mine is still mint.
What was posted on Beywiki was not approved.

There is an issue though : is EWD good for Stamina or not ? The draft Serotonin posted mentioned that it was, and that while it was not a good choice for Defense, it was generally better for Defense than most D-series Bottoms. In your edited version, you abandoned all of that and essentially just spoke about the friction. Is the friction so bad that none of what had been written can be mentioned anymore ? Is it possible that, over those months, EWD has just gotten more friction than initially, because of extended use, hah ?
I think it's that even though it does have great Stamina, that doesn't mean squat when it consistently gets KO'd by even these days' Stamina combos.

Edit: whereas when Serotonin wrote that it wasn't the same way Smile
Hm, that is still not what Raigeko13 had written about ...

So it gets knocked out by even Stamina types now ? Why ? It is just a Bottom, it does not have Recoil or anything.
(Apr. 08, 2012  2:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, that is still not what Raigeko13 had written about ...

So it gets knocked out by even Stamina types now ? Why ? It is just a Bottom, it does not have Recoil or anything.

Ah, I actually misunderstood, I thought it was about friction with the Stadium. Either way, I do think it needs to be clarified more. I don't have an EWD, but after I'm done going through his Flash Sagittario draft I'll make it all more clear from what I've read, and hopefully someone can then confirm it.

That was my understanding, however with the rising popularity of Duo, it may be a lot less as bad, but I believe it is still an issue.
So, these are the characteristics of EWD ?

+ Good in Stamina
+ Better in Defense than most D Bottoms
+ More balanced than ES
- But friction with the bearing is its main issue
- But it is somehow very easy to knock out

I think it all makes relative sense, except the last point, because we would need to reflect on why such a thing would be possible so much that it would be worth mentioning.
EWD gets koed easily because it doesn't make enough friction with the stadium because of the free spinning tip in the center. Which explains why tips like EDS and ES suffer the same problem too.
OK, so it is inherent to the Eternal Bottoms ... But it must still be good enough in Stamina to be mentioned, no ?
EWD is as good as WD. It has less balance than WD due to its eternal characteristic. Thus, EWD is better than WD in mid-tall height, but WD is better in mid-low height. But the thing is, at tall heights, D and SD are better than both, so really, it leaves only mid-height as the preferred height for EWD, which in turn is shadowed already by the abundance of WD, hence EWD is the less than popular choice.

Its difficult to measure which is 'easier' to KO, since they are all relatively easy to KO.
I agree that it's more of a myth that gets perpetuated. I know I was very pro EWD, but it is honestly very similar to WD in terms of defensive qualities.
Mon edits. I believe I implemented everyone's thoughts well!

(Mar. 21, 2012  8:31 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Bottom: Eternal Wide Defense

EWD is part of the Eternal series of Bottoms, each featuring bearing-based tips. EWD, as its name suggests, is a bearing-implemented version of WD. It features a similar wide shape, but the tip of the Bottom is replaced by a free-spinning sharp piece. This rotates freely, and increases the balance and spin-retention when compared to the original Eternal Sharp. EWD's Stamina capabilities are very closely related with WD's; with slightly less balance, EWD does better than WD in mid-tall height combos, but WD does better than EWD in mid-low height combos. D and SD are more effective than both for tall combos, leaving only mid-tall height combos for EWD to thrive in. However, with the abundance of WD, mid-low height combos are used more often than mid-tall heights, and the former overpowers the latter in a battle. Therefore, WD is often more prefered than EWD. Both WD and EWD can be easily KO'ed in Stamina battles, so the loss in friction when compared to Bottoms such as CS should be taken into consideration. Another issue with friction is within the bearing itself. After repeated use, the friction inside the bearing causes wear and often reduced Stamina.

EWD's balance at low spin velocities can be utilised in conjunction with the perfectly round underside of BD145 in Normal Mode in the customization Scythe Kronos BD145EWD.

(Apr. 09, 2012  2:24 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Mon edits. I believe I implemented everyone's thoughts well!

(Mar. 21, 2012  8:31 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Bottom: Eternal Wide Defense

EWD is part of the Eternal series of Bottoms, each featuring bearing-based tips. EWD, as its name suggests, is a bearing-implemented version of WD. It features a similar wide shape, but the tip of the Bottom is replaced by a free-spinning sharp piece. This rotates freely, and increases the balance and spin-retention when compared to the original Eternal Sharp. EWD's Stamina capabilities are very closely related with WD's; with slightly less balance, EWD does better than WD in mid-tall height combos, but WD does better than EWD in mid-low height combos. D and SD are more effective than both for tall combos, leaving only mid-tall height combos for EWD to thrive in. However, with the abundance of WD, mid-low height combos are used more often than mid-tall heights, and the former overpowers the latter in a battle. Therefore, WD is often more prefered than EWD. Both WD and EWD can be easily KO'ed in Stamina battles, so the loss in friction when compared to Bottoms such as CS should be taken into consideration. Another issue with friction is within the bearing itself. After repeated use, the friction inside the bearing causes wear and often reduced Stamina.

EWD's balance at low spin velocities can be utilised in conjunction with the perfectly round underside of BD145 in Boost Mode in the customization Scythe Kronos BD145EWD.

I thought boost mode was only compatible with Hell.
Ah thanks, that was already there I must've missed it!

My mistake, will fix now!

Hmm, wait, I changed it, but then I realized that the rest of that section now makes no sense. I guess it had Hell originally and somebody replaced it. What combo would anyone prefer?
Yeah, it would have, as BD145EWD doesn't work in normal mode (scrapes), and Hell Kerbecs BD145EWD was the first beyblade that was popular with EWD. Duo/Phantom Cancer AD145EWD would be my picks.

By the way, the choice of WD over EWD is just because WD is more common, not because the heights it is better on are more popular/better (though honestly Duo 230MB may well take over most of the stamina meta in time anyway). And the bit "leaving only mid-tall height combos for EWD to thrive in." should just be mid-height, given 145 is mid-height really, 170 is the next step and TH170 is best with D.

I also don't know how notable the KO-ability is, really the only hard to KO stamina-based combos are BD145EDS setups and I guess Duo 230MB if you count it as stamina. Mentioning CS isn't really accurate, as it loses to stamina generally, so in stamina battles you basically give up any chance of winning via OS rather than risking recoil KO's which generally split 50/50.
I changed a few things in this draft, after having played with EWD for a while now. What do you all think ?

Quote:Note: Killer Beafowl UW145EWD was originally released as the "Rare" Beyblade in Random Booster Vol. 6 Killer Beafowl. It has since become more easily obtainable in the Starter version released by SonoKong and Hasbro.

Face: Beafowl
Weight: 1.1 grams
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Pavo, the Peacock, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Beafowl
Weight: 2.9 grams
This is a relatively balanced and circular Clear Wheel. It has two different illustrations on it: on two sides there are peacock heads, while structures that resemble Peacock wings are adjacent. The Clear Wheel is released in a pale-pink color. Even though it is round and well balanced, heavier and bolder Clear Wheels such as Aquario, Cancer, Bull and Cygnus are prefered for almost all types of Beyblade combinations, specifically in Stamina and Defense.

Metal Wheel: Killer
Weight:31.1 grams
Like its Metal System predecessor Gemios, Killer has a textured, bumpy, two-winged design that ends in two rounded edges. However, unlike its predecessor, it is considerably thinner even with a smaller amount of metal dropping below the base of the Wheel. Being so thin, the edges of each wing do not apply as much force as those of the Gemios Metal Wheel; as a result, Killer loses any of the potential Smash Attack the first incarnation had.

Being so thin negates any possible defensive qualities, and though it may seem suited for Stamina, it performs extremely poorly compared to the top-tier Stamina Wheels such as Duo, Phantom, Dragooon and Genbull.

Track: Upper Wing 145
Weight: 3.6 grams

This Track features three large wings, which start low down on the Track and gradually rise, ending in a flat contact point. This wing structure can be removed and flipped over, changing its orientation both horizontally and vertically to suit either offensive or defensive purposes. While the rounded edges of the wings are aligned in the spin direction, the Track's intended purpose, as its name suggests, is to provide Upper Attack: however, the effect is negligible as the Track is unlikely to make significant contact with other Beys due to its relatively low placement underneath the Wheel. When flipped over, the sharper contact points can provide Smash Attack, but again, their low placement, exacerbated by the way the wings now curve downwards, means that the potential for Smash Attack is compromised heavily.

The gimmick of this Track is the ability to change from Attack to Defense mode by switching the direction of the wings, similar to SW145. While it is in Attack mode, the wings' slopes are angled upwards, facing clockwise, and in Defense mode it is angled downwards, facing anti-clockwise.

The wings, orientated so that the rounded edges are aligned with the spin direction, can be used for defensive purposes in deflecting opponent Beys. There are superior Tracks for this purpose however, such as BD145.

Bottom: Eternal Wide Defense

EWD is part of a series of existing Bottoms prefixed with Eternal, featuring bearing-based tips. EWD, as its name suggests, is a bearing-implemented version of WD. It features a similar wide shape, but the pointy tip of the Bottom is replaced by a free-spinning sharp piece. This rotates freely, and increases the balance and spin-retention of the Bottom. Unlike ES, the Bottom does not suffer from balance issues because of its wide shape, which allows it many of the same survival capabilities as WD at low spin velocities. Friction on this part seems to be a problem for it. As EWD wears down, it loses a lot of its stamina capabilities and wearing down affects its performance a lot. Since it is only one bearing, there is still a considerable amount of friction between the bearing and the tip, and paired together, the effects are hardly negligible in comparison to WD. WD usually overshadows EWD because of more availability due to a more widespread release, and EWD has more cons than pros when compared. The grinding between the bearing and the tip often can lead to both increased stamina and decreased stamina if too much grinding is produced. This Bottom is also more useful in mid-height customizations, whereas WD is prefered for low combos and SD and D on higher ones. As such, mid-height Beyblades are generally not prefered in battles due to their average performance and their imbalance caused by a slightly off center of gravity. However, EWD has found a very special place in Spin Stealing combinations, providing the few more rotations to a Beyblade needed to outspin an opponent in the last few seconds of a match. It therefore goes beyond WD in that domain, but the friction between its components can still render the BeyBattle a draw instead of surviving the opposing Beyblade. Furthermore, like with every Bottom of the D series, EWD remains rather easy to knock out with any proper Attack combination.

Around the time of its release, EWD was paired with Meteo L-Drago and CH120 for a powerful Spin Stealing customization, however, with the appearance of the 4D System and then Zero-G, Meteo L-Drago's light weight was inefficient to keep winning against new top-tier combos. It has although found use in the innovative Zero-G metagame.

EWD's Spin-Stealing abilities convey to the combination '''Duo Cancer/Cygnus/Aquario SA165/W145EWD''' the extra spin required to outlast other Beyblades in Zero-G Stadiums.

Overall:
Killer Beafowl UW145EWD is comprised of predominantly outclassed parts in Killer and UW145, but EWD is an extremely effective alternative to WD and PD for Stamina customisations, as well as procuring its own Spin-Stealing prowesses. Consequently, every Blader should own multiples of this Beyblade.
The revisons are good, but instead of ewd only being used as an alternate, its also used in spin steal which you mentioned, just not in the Overall section.
Hm, OK, I made a quick edit in the Overall section. I appreciate the notice.
I think the last part of the Metal Wheel section where it mentions top-tier Stamina Wheels needs to be updated.
(Jun. 29, 2013  5:45 PM)Insomniac Wrote: I think the last part of the Metal Wheel section where it mentions top-tier Stamina Wheels needs to be updated.

How could I possibly have missed that hah. I changed everything.
I don't know if this is needed but in the clear wheel section you should mention Cancer/Gasher.

in the overall

Oops, this was already accepted.

Oops, this was already accepted. sorry
Hm, I do not know why it is in the Approved Drafts forum, because this article is not on Beywiki yet ... I will move it back to the Beywiki Project forum for the moment.
OK, this article is now on Beywiki :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...l_UW145EWD

I have however added an "IMPORTANT" section in the EWD part, and you should all take note of what it says : Hasbro's EWD has been observed to wear down more quickly than the other companies' EWD.