Killer Beafowl UW145EWD Rough Draft

(Jun. 16, 2011  5:58 PM)♥ Wrote: I actually think EWD is comparable to WD in terms of Stamina, but I don't have necessary testing to reinforce this. In my opinion, it's a really useful part with great Life After Death capabilities, but that's just me.

I'm just posting this to see whether anyone else shares the same opinion, or whatever, so that we can add this on.

This is a good start Electric, but a lot of the wording is quite odd. Annex is an awesome word, but definitely weird in a Beyblade wiki article, haha.
I'll wait for other members to chip in to the Life After Death capabilities part before I put it into the article ? WD gets really similar results against WD, only, it goes off balance, I think I should make that part clearer.

I had "wing" when I first typed it, then, I felt it was too repetitive and informal, and annex was what I got at. I've got a few more, how about Supplement or Claws ?

I reworded the UW145 and EWD, I hope it's now better, but I didn't change the word annex yet.
Yeah just thought i would mention my opinion but I think EWD is very useful in the life after death way . I think EWD does really well with basalt actually because the extra weight does help it from KO'ing ,
But anyway nice job electric seems pretty good to me Wink
I just saw something, and I have no tests to back it up.

But,

When you get a mint EWD the WD stretch in which the ES lies, the circular line is smooth, if you use it, it gets rougher.

For it's Life After Death capibilities to function properly the circle needs to be mint, and smooth.

Also, should I add the Life after death part in or wait a bit ? If I have to add it now, can anyone give me a little template on adding it, I'm scared I'll screw it up.
Perhaps you should mention that UW145 has use in MF Lightning L Drago UW145RF? As a sub for SW145, since both line up quite nicely with Lightning's contact points, and have shown to contain exceptional attack.
(Jun. 17, 2011  1:51 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Perhaps you should mention that UW145 has use in MF Lightning L Drago UW145RF? As a sub for SW145, since both line up quite nicely with Lightning's contact points, and have shown to contain exceptional attack.

Is that for sure ?

Because, I think UW145 will kill it's Spin Velocity.
No, I'm sure. I've used this. UW145 in defense mode. It provides a lot of smash when combined w/ Lightning. Works on the same principle as SW145, ask Deikailo about that if you wish. I have a Killer Beafowl, so I'm not making this up either.
(Jun. 17, 2011  2:55 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: No, I'm sure. I've used this. UW145 in defense mode. It provides a lot of smash when combined w/ Lightning. Works on the same principle as SW145, ask Deikailo about that if you wish. I have a Killer Beafowl, so I'm not making this up either.

Yeah, I just did a few personal rounds and it looked like it had good Smash.

I believe you.
Well, great article, Electric! Quite Well Done! Now, may I suggest a few things?
1. Well, quite minor, but the last sentence in the Killer Section has a misspelled 'performs' word.
2. I see no requirement of including the height for the UW145 section, as no other article has it.. Still, I don't know what others think of it.
3. When you say that UW145 is wide, the way you compare it to BD145 is not alright, IMO... You see, its a fact that BD145 is the widest track ATM, so if you say that 'UW145 is wide, but not as wide as BD145', it sounds....odd.
To improve it, I think you can change the sentence to something similar-
UW145 is a wide track, and just slightly smaller than the widest track, BD145.

Hope these suggestions are useful! I know nothing about Killer Beafowl, and I didn't even care to research more. So, this is all I can do. But yes, when I saw the results of BeyDays, there were many winning combos using the part- EWD. I would love to see some of those members here, so that we could get more info.
(Jun. 17, 2011  3:54 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, great article, Electric! Quite Well Done! Now, may I suggest a few things?
1. Well, quite minor, but the last sentence in the Killer Section has a misspelled 'performs' word.
2. I see no requirement of including the height for the UW145 section, as no other article has it.. Still, I don't know what others think of it.
3. When you say that UW145 is wide, the way you compare it to BD145 is not alright, IMO... You see, its a fact that BD145 is the widest track ATM, so if you say that 'UW145 is wide, but not as wide as BD145', it sounds....odd.

Hope these suggestions are useful! I know nothing about Killer Beafowl, and I didn't even care to research more. So, this is all I can do. But yes, when I saw the results of BeyDays, there were many winning combos using the part- EWD. I would love to see some of those members here, so that we could get more info.
Fixed Thank You !

So, I took it off, Fixed, thanks.

Since BD145 is the widest, I found it most reasonable to compare UW145 to BD145.
And, what you recommended is the exact same is what I said, with different words.

Thanks for chipping in anyway !
(Jun. 17, 2011  4:02 PM)Electric Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2011  3:54 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, great article, Electric! Quite Well Done! Now, may I suggest a few things?

Fixed Thank You !

So, I took it off, Fixed, thanks.

Since BD145 is the widest, I found it most reasonable to compare UW145 to BD145.
And, what you recommended is the exact same is what I said, with different words.

Thanks for chipping in anyway !

Well, I do get your point. Stupid Well, I had 2 reasons to change the sentence-

1. It feels weird if a word is used twice. You see- 'UW145 is a wide track, but not as wide as BD145.' Here, wide is used twice.
2. There are a million people who are still unaware that BD145 is the widest track.

So, by changing the sentence to the one I suggested, it satisfies both the points above. Stupid
(Jun. 17, 2011  4:09 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, I do get your point. Stupid Well, I had 2 reasons to change the sentence-

1. It feels weird if a word is used twice. You see- 'UW145 is a wide track, but not as wide as BD145.' Here, wide is used twice.
2. There are a million people who are still unaware that BD145 is the widest track.

So, by changing the sentence to the one I suggested, it satisfies both the points above. Stupid

Well, now that you put it that way, it does seem right, the same word repeated in a sentence doesn't sound official.

Fixed !
(Mar. 10, 2011  2:17 PM)Electric Wrote:
Quote:Face: Beafowl
Weight: 1.1 grams
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Pavo, the Peacock, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Beafowl
Weight: 2.9 grams
This is a relatively balanced and circular Clear Wheel. It has two different illustrations on it: on two sides there are peacock heads, while structures that resemble Peacock wings are adjacent. The Clear Wheel is released in a pale-pink colour.

Metal Wheel: Killer
Weight:31.1 grams
Like its Metal System predecessor Gemios, Killer has a textured, bumpy, two-winged design that ends in two rounded edges. However, unlike its predecessor, it is considerably thinner even with a smaller amount of metal dropping below the base of the Wheel. Being so thin, the edges of each wing do not apply as much force as those of the Gemios Metal Wheel; as a result, Killer loses any of the potential Smash Attack the first incarnation had.

Being so thin negates any possible defensive qualities, and though it may seem suited for Stamina, it performs poorly compared to the top-tier Stamina Wheels such as Virgo, Burn, and Earth.

Track: Upper Wing 145
Weight: 3.6 grams

This Track features three large wings, which start low down on the Track and gradually rise, ending in a flat contact point. This wing structure can be removed and flipped over, changing its orientation to suit either offensive or defensive purposes. While the rounded edges are aligned in the spin direction, the Track's intended purpose, as its name suggests, is to provide Upper Attack: however, the effect is negligible as the Track is unlikely to make significant contact with other Beys due to its relatively low placement underneath the Wheel. When flipped over, the sharper contact points can provide Smash Attack, but again, their low placement, exacerbated by the way the wings now curve downwards, means that the potential for Smash Attack is compromised heavily.

The wings, orientated so that the rounded edges are aligned with the spin direction, can be used for defensive purposes in deflecting opponent Beys. There are superior Tracks for this purpose however, such as BD145.

Use in Attack customization:
The Smash Attack potential of UW145 can be utilised in the combo MF Lightning L Drago UW145LRF, with the sharper, pointed edges facing counter-clockwise.

Bottom: Eternal Wide Defense
Weight: 1.2 grams

EWD is part of a series of existing Bottoms prefixed with Eternal, featuring bearing-based tips. EWD, as its name suggests, is a bearing-implemented version of WD. It features a similar wide shape, but the tip of the Bottom is replaced by a free-spinning sharp piece. This rotates freely, and increases the balance and spin-retention of the Bottom. Unlike ES, the Bottom does not suffer from balance issues because of its wide shape, which allows it many of the same survival capabilities as WD at low spin velocities. EWD is primarily a Stamina Bottom, and although it is a superior Defense Bottom choice to many of other Defense series Bottoms, it should generally be avoided for Defense type customisations.

Use in Stamina customization
EWD's superb balance at low spin velocities can be utilised in conjunction with the perfectly round underside of BD145 in Boost Mode in the customisation Hell Kerbecs BD145EWD.

Overall:
Killer Beafowl UW145EWD is comprised of predominantly outclassed parts in Killer and UW145, but EWD is an extremely effective alternative to WD and PD for Stamina customisations, making this a worthwhile purchase for any competitive Blader.

---

Notes:
  • Redid a lot of your weights - I think you might need to recalibrate your weights Electric, because there's definitely no way EWD weighs a mere 0.14 grams, haha!
  • Beafowl was good, you described it really well. Aside from a few wording and grammatical changes, I left it as is.
  • I actually had a bit of trouble explaining the directions of UW145, which is different from SW145 because it has stickers to identify modes. If anyone else has a better way of describing it, please feel free to comment.
  • EWD - I think this is contentious because I realise that no formal testing actually exists for it; however, I am pretty confident in saying that it is a good Stamina Bottom, and that it is very good at low spin velocities. If anyone has any significant arguments against my claims, please do post!
Shouldn't you mention the similarities between UW145 and SW145? they have the same "H" locking piece, and they are very similar in shape and size (width.)
♥, Woah, you redid the whole article.

The UW145 section which I had up back then was really inaccurate, I could not describe it well for some reason, and my grammar and vocabulary is definitely not as good as yours, I'll switch the one I have up there with you're re-written version.

Also, to the weights part, I just released I had put 0.14 grams, when it came up as 1.4 grams. When I noted the weights down, on paper, I made the decimal point to small, I didn't notice it.
Anyway, I added you're weights up there.

Thanks a lot.

Meteo L-Alchemy, I guess not, comparing it a lot would make the article seem very im-professional, I guess it should stay un-compared with SW145.
But they do have some similarities.
Ah, yeah, I feel bad. I was thinking that might've been the reason why the weights were so out, haha. It was a really solid foundation to work on, though. We'll wait a bit to see if any other members have anything to add, then it can go up on Beywiki. :]
For UW145, in attack mode, the wings are angled upward (using the contact points as a reference for up/down), while in defense mode, the wings are angled down.

EWD is great at low spin velocities, however, like most eternal bottoms (not sure about EDS yet, Kronos just came out), it does get destabilized rather easily, making it lose often this way. That is pretty much the bottom's only downfall.
Article looks great! Just be sure to add a note at the start stating that it was the prize for RBV6.

(Jun. 23, 2011  7:59 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: For UW145, in attack mode, the wings are angled upward (using the contact points as a reference for up/down), while in defense mode, the wings are angled down.

Yeah, ♥, try to work this into the UW145 description somehow. It is a bit awkward right now, as you pointed out. "Rounded edges" is definitely not a phrase I would expect to see in a description of UW145 lol.

Also, regarding the EWD description:
♥ Wrote:EWD is primarily a Stamina Bottom, and although it is a superior Defense Bottom choice to many of other Defense series Bottoms, it should generally be avoided for Defense type customisations.

I don't think it should be implied at all that EWD is an option for Defense. It's even worse than WD (and WD shouldn't be suggested) with the sharp tip it has, I'm sure.
I did some editing to the article, with the help of ♥, Ga'Hooleone and Kei. Thanks a lot.

How's the article now ?
(Jun. 24, 2011  9:15 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2011  7:59 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: For UW145, in attack mode, the wings are angled upward (using the contact points as a reference for up/down), while in defense mode, the wings are angled down.

Yeah, ♥, try to work this into the UW145 description somehow. It is a bit awkward right now, as you pointed out. "Rounded edges" is definitely not a phrase I would expect to see in a description of UW145 lol.

I would, but I don't understand "upwards" and "downwards", because it depends on how you're looking at them. Ga'Hooleone, if you can help a bit here, haha ... ?

(Jun. 24, 2011  9:15 AM)Kei Wrote: Also, regarding the EWD description:
♥ Wrote:EWD is primarily a Stamina Bottom, and although it is a superior Defense Bottom choice to many of other Defense series Bottoms, it should generally be avoided for Defense type customisations.

I don't think it should be implied at all that EWD is an option for Defense. It's even worse than WD (and WD shouldn't be suggested) with the sharp tip it has, I'm sure.

Electric, regarding this: I don't think it's necessary to mention that it doesn't work for Attack, either, haha.

Quote:Bottom: Eternal Wide Defense

EWD is part of a series of existing Bottoms prefixed with Eternal, featuring bearing-based tips. EWD, as its name suggests, is a bearing-implemented version of WD. It features a similar wide shape, but the tip of the Bottom is replaced by a free-spinning sharp piece. This rotates freely, and increases the balance and spin-retention of the Bottom. Unlike ES, the Bottom does not suffer from balance issues because of its wide shape, which allows it many of the same survival capabilities as WD at low spin velocities.
(Jun. 24, 2011  2:05 PM)♥ Wrote: Electric, regarding this: I don't think it's necessary to mention that it doesn't work for Attack, either, haha.

Quote:Bottom: Eternal Wide Defense

EWD is part of a series of existing Bottoms prefixed with Eternal, featuring bearing-based tips. EWD, as its name suggests, is a bearing-implemented version of WD. It features a similar wide shape, but the tip of the Bottom is replaced by a free-spinning sharp piece. This rotates freely, and increases the balance and spin-retention of the Bottom. Unlike ES, the Bottom does not suffer from balance issues because of its wide shape, which allows it many of the same survival capabilities as WD at low spin velocities.

Alright, I'll take off that part.
(Jun. 24, 2011  2:05 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2011  9:15 AM)Kei Wrote:

I would, but I don't understand "upwards" and "downwards", because it depends on how you're looking at them. Ga'Hooleone, if you can help a bit here, haha ... ?

How about: In Attack mode, the wings are angled upwards and point clockwise, while in Defense mode, the wings are angled down and point counter-clockwise? Not sure, it is a very awkward sentence.
(Jun. 24, 2011  4:41 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: How about: In Attack mode, the wings are angled upwards and point clockwise, while in Defense mode, the wings are angled down and point counter-clockwise? Not sure, it is a very awkward sentence.

Actually, they way I worded it in the article, makes sense and doesn't depend on the way you look at it.

Right ?
I really hate to double post, but I want to get this going.

This needs a lot of updates now, I edited the EWD bit, after using it a bit throughout the tournaments. Can anyone suggest something ?
I'd say the entire bey in negligible unless UW145 has some amazing use. WD fares just fine against EWD and it is much easier to get. There is little point unless you have a large collection already.
Well I think EWD is a worthwhile part , it works really well with Basalt but I do agree with you Dan you don't need it. Maybe something like if you have staple parts you should get this bey or something along those lines.