Kamen Rider

I really like all of Ghost so far. The only thing I would have prefered is the consistency that ghosts can really only be seen if you are also dead : so, Takeru would have died anyway but would have been revived as a ghost thanks to the Eyecon he had and that every other ghost seems to need as well anyway.

The old man is really not as bad as I had expected him to be upon seeing the pictures, and even the monk is OK. The girl is just too skeptical though ...
One of my favorite things about Sennin is how his voice changes from "mystical and omnipotent" to "shady old man" at random. For example, when he first appears to Takeru, his voice is deep and strong. But then after he explains the Eyecon and Takeru gives it to him, his voice just changes to this weird funny voice that he uses at the end of the episode. He and Yurusen are one of my favorite characters in the series so far because they're not like "Keeping secrets, Belt-san?" shady, but more like "Make a contract and become a magical girl" shady, it's hilarious.

My problems with the first episode was that it was too fast paced. But as one blogger mentioned, much was condensed in the first episode to bluntly set the plot.

>Main character wants to be strong like his dad
>Main character encounters evil ghosts
>Main character is killed by said ghosts
>Main character harnesses the power of ghosts to become...Kamen Rider Ghost
>Main character gets his first power-up, as per tradition in Neo Heisei (W's HeatMetal, OOOs'...Kamakiri Medal, I think, Wizard's Water Ring, etc.)

To detail it all would have taken maybe two episodes, but because "children are impatient", everything was condensed into one episode to keep the kids entertained. From an adult perspective, it's rushed, but you can see how well everything was laid out without sparing no expense.
What we know so far:

First Quarter of Ghost will focus on the following based on Toy Sales:
  • Ghosts' new Icons after Musashi: Edison, Robin, and Newton in that order, I believe
  • It doesn't seem like he's getting any new equipment upgrades after this. The question is if, like Drive, and Neo-Heisei pre-Wizard, Ghost will utilize the 2-episode arc scheme.
  • Series' secondary Rider and main Rival, Kamen Rider Specter.
    [Image: tumblr_inline_nvpgyyipTb1rtlbqn_540.jpg]

So this is pretty much all that's left of the first quarter. So what about the second quarter toy sales?

[Image: tumblr_nw0aklRtRy1trxgj7o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0aklRtRy1trxgj7o2_540.jpg]
  • Takeru will receive the "Fighting Spirit Boost" Icon, which will be an upgrade to his base form.

[Image: tumblr_nw0b0lBLtO1trxgj7o1_540.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0b0lBLtO1trxgj7o2_1280.jpg]
  • With the first 4 out of 15 Eyecons found, Takeru has 11 more to go!
  • The next five Heroic Spirit Eyecons are Goemon, Ryouma (first picture), Grimm, Sanzo, and Himiko (second picture).
  • History Lesson: Ishikawa Goemon is a Sengoku-era outlaw similar to that of Robin Hood, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. He was executed after a failed assassination attempt on the second unifier of Japan, Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
  • Sakamoto Ryouma was a key figure during the Bakumatsu period (pre-Meiji) of Japan to overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate. He was mysteriously killed, with no figures to this day linked to his supposed assassination.
  • The Brothers Grimm were a pair of writers known for being the originators of the fairytales used in today's Disney movies, albeit much more darker than how it is portrayed today (they're called "Grimm" for a reason).
  • Genjo Sanzo is a buddhist priest who traveled west to Shangri La with the monkey king, Sun Wukon, a kappa, Sha Wujing, and a demonic lecherous pig, Zhu Bajie. The three of them are known in Japan as Son Goku, Sha Gojo, and Cho Hakkai. The Chinese translation to Sanzo's name is Xuanzang.
  • I do not know Himiko off the to of my head, as pre-Sengoku Japanese history is lost on me. Instead, here is the actual article.

[Image: tumblr_nw0jsiqs2F1utj85ho3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0jsiqs2F1utj85ho7_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0jsiqs2F1utj85ho6_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0jsiqs2F1utj85ho2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0jsiqs2F1utj85ho1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0jsiqs2F1utj85ho5_1280.jpg]
  • Specter has his own Eyecon, the Houdini Eyecon. It comes with the Machine Houdini, which looks like he uses to combine with. I wonder how much CG TOei is going to have to cut back on with this...
  • History Lesson: Everyone should know about the great escape artist, Harry Houdini. Often known his impossible tricks in the art of escaping, it can be likened to "magic."

[Image: tumblr_nw0k6t7yhu1utj85ho9_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0k6t7yhu1utj85ho7_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0k6t7yhu1utj85ho5_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0k6t7yhu1utj85ho1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0k6t7yhu1utj85ho4_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0k6t7yhu1utj85ho6_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nw0k6t7yhu1utj85ho3_1280.jpg]
  • Lastly is what appears to be the third, and possibly the first tertiary, Rider of the series, Kamen Rider Necrom.
  • The Megauruouder seems to be able to use any Eyecons stored in it, as well as the Necrom Eyecon. The Necrom Eyecon may be artificial (last picture, lower right), with what the Magauruouder looks like it uses "Ectoplasm".
  • Possibly a "Ghost Buster" or "Ghost Hunter" Rider? Who will be using this? If this is artificial, then science is abound!...And who is the most scientific person in the series thus far? (I'm praying.)

That looks like the last of the toy magazines for Ghost. But what other Eyecons are there? There are supposed to be fifteen!

According to the KRWiki, backed from a previous article I found (and lost), these are what we know so far:
Ghost's Icons include Beethoven (famous Romantic composer), Billy the Kid (outlaw from the wild west), and Benkei (known in Japanese history for being so strong, he died standing). Also included in the fifteen, but seems to be under Specter's possession, are Tuntankhamen (most generally known as King Tut (one of the most famous Pharaohs in history that does not have anything to do with YGO), and Nobunaga (the first unifier in Japan during the Sengoku era, he is known as a most ruthless warlord who eventually fell to his own general, Akechi Mitsuhide).

So what we know so far are the first 4, and then the next 5 (9 Eyecons). Then there is the next three said to be in Ghost's possession (12), and the last three will be in Specter's (King Tut, Nobunaga, and Houdini).

According to the Wiki, there are also hacked sounds in the Ghost Driver similar to when the WizarDriver and OOOsDriver came out. These include Kamehameha (Hawaiian king guy), Galileo (Italian space guy), Darwin (evolution guy), Pythagoras (Greek math guy, screw you, Pythagorean Theorem), Nightingale (English nurse gal), Columbus (The guy who did not really find America), Shakespeare (English literature guy), Napoleon (Short French guy), Da Vinci (Italian artist guy), and Ishinomori (Tokusatsu guy).
[Image: tumblr_nwc8fpvDrM1utj85ho1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nwc8fpvDrM1utj85ho2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nwc8fpvDrM1utj85ho3_1280.jpg]

It's the time again!

Quote:The Greatest Genius of the Century vs. the Kamen Riders! A mystery from 10 years ago leads to Ghost and Drive’s “beginning”…

After encountering each other while chasing a Ganma, Takeru and Shinnosuke are thrown 10 years into the past after a rift in space-time suddenly opens. Shinnosuke encounters Mr. Belt before they had originally met while Takeru finds his father, Ryu Tenkuuji, before he passed away.

Meanwhile, the Roidmude have revived in the present. Kamen Rider Spectre and Kamen Rider Mach work together in a desperate attempt to stop them. As if he were Mach’s guardian spirit, Kamen Rider Chaser arrives to help.

Takeru is determined to save his father in the past, not realizing that it’s a trap created by the greatest genius of the century, revived as a Ganma, Leonardo Da Vinci! With his friend in danger, Shinnosuke will don the Drive Driver once more as Kamen Rider Zero Drive!

So that explains the "Da Vinci" sound in the Ghost Driver.
Alright, so much hype. I'm going to watch this tonight and give my thoughts.
(Oct. 19, 2015  5:39 PM)Neo Wrote: Alright, so much hype. I'm going to watch this tonight and give my thoughts.

It's pretty good so far, enjoy.
Eugh.
Well, the idea is there. I dig the themes. History strikes home with me; and Edison form really sounds and looks nice.

The driver is cool; of the show gets better I may buy one. Eyecons are also pretty nice.

The acting is a little odd though. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and say it's because it's the first and second episodes.
I can kind of tell this is Takeru's coming of age story; learning how to get over his father's loss and regain his life back.
And the timer idea is really nice.
My friends and I joked at the very predictable idea that the 15th Eyecon would be his own since he became important, himself. Haha.
Unfortunately, the acting is one of the things that is making this show unbearable for me. Onari is annoying half the time, and Akari is....well, I don't blame her actor, just her character.

I really can't tell if Takeru is inconsistent with his acting or not. He's either wishy-washy or confident, but it's kind of annoying to a degree.

Still, I've seen worse acting in Kamen Rider...
Hmm, now i know where wizard got his avatar...

question...how good is Kamen Rider dragon knight? I remember seeing a game for it before was interested in seeing how good it was, recommend or go to a source prior to it?
(Oct. 22, 2015  2:01 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Hmm, now i know where wizard got his avatar...

question...how good is Kamen Rider dragon knight? I remember seeing a game for it before was interested in seeing how good it was, recommend or go to a source prior to it?

Basically, everyone likes Dragon Knight. It's a lot better then power rangers, in terms of adaptation.
Then again, Ryuki wasn't great...
(Oct. 22, 2015  2:56 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  2:01 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Hmm, now i know where wizard got his avatar...

Basically, everyone likes Dragon Knight. It's a lot better then power rangers, in terms of adaptation.

Some people hate it cause the acting and how it didn't match up with how Ryuki was.
(Oct. 26, 2015  5:25 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:

Some people hate it cause the acting and how it didn't match up with how Ryuki was.

Yeah... The acting is...uhmm...sub-par at times, then again some people do die off usually so from what I've seen.

Expendable players.
(Oct. 26, 2015  5:25 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:

...Uh, it's not really supposed to follow Ryuki.
I mean; it was localized years after Ryuki and I doubt they would sell any sort of japanese toys anyways.
It's not much of a localization; rather a radical one.
I've seen comments on dragon knight episodes, by toku elitists mind you, saying it was bad. I personally liked it, Ryuki was tough to follow due to the spinoffs needed to enclude the remaining riders, but both have awesome opening themes.
pfft, don't let other opinions taint your own perspective of a show.

So far liking dragon rider,really really liking it.

Grin

(Oct. 22, 2015  2:01 AM)Meta madness Wrote: question...how good is Kamen Rider dragon knight? I remember seeing a game for it before was interested in seeing how good it was, recommend or go to a source prior to it?

Don't bother with it. I think I saw a bit of it as a kid but I don't remember, most of what I know is just what I've read online. An adaptation is never as good as the original though. If you're really looking to get into this series, I'd say start with OOO.
From personal opinion, while I do not really enjoy Dragon Knight for its plot and acting, the fight scenes were really good. Besides these cardio aerobic parkour or whatever they do, some off suit fightings such as Matt Mullins vs Mike Moh was actually really well done. COnsidering those two are renowned fighters, after all. Matt Mullins was in a few martial arts movies while Mike Moh was also in some Street Fighter machinama.

Anyway, remember those Ghost Icon sounds the wiki stated? Guess What! SOme of them are true!

Click here for more information!

If you don't click there, the revealed ones are the Santa Class Eyecon and Kamehameha Eyecons. Both of these are exclusive that comes with the Ghost Christmas Cake and at Toei Hero World respectively.

Another Icon is the Ghost Special Ore Eyecon, included with the Ghost OP single. How will they appear in the show? Who knows. Is it TV-kun related? Who knows.
(Oct. 29, 2015  2:36 AM)Wizard Wrote:

Grin

(Oct. 22, 2015  2:01 AM)Meta madness Wrote: question...how good is Kamen Rider dragon knight? I remember seeing a game for it before was interested in seeing how good it was, recommend or go to a source prior to it?

Don't bother with it. I think I saw a bit of it as a kid but I don't remember, most of what I know is just what I've read online. An adaptation is never as good as the original though. If you're really looking to get into this series, I'd say start with OOO.

Wizard; that's irrational to say the original is always better.
Megaranger is pretty boring compared to Power Rangers in Space; or GoGo V which is definitely not as good as Lightspeed Rescue.
Dragon Knight is a good show; and saying adaptations can't be as good or better is just wrong.
(Oct. 29, 2015  4:53 AM)Neo Wrote: Megaranger is pretty boring compared to Power Rangers in Space

Hey man, that's not fair; Power Rangers in Space had Ninja Turtles!

When I find myself in times of trouble, I sit back in my chair and remember that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles still exist somewhere out there in the Power Rangers universe.
(Oct. 29, 2015  5:39 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2015  4:53 AM)Neo Wrote: Megaranger is pretty boring compared to Power Rangers in Space

Hey man, that's not fair; Power Rangers in Space had Ninja Turtles!

When I find myself in times of trouble, I sit back in my chair and remember that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles still exist somewhere out there in the Power Rangers universe.

That's a good reason why In Space was better m9
[Image: tumblr_nxanfyCleR1utj85ho1_1280.jpg]

So I'm gonna try and guess (and translate, though the text is pretty blurry) which forms are these, from left to right.

Robin
Beethoven
Billy the Kid (had to cheat on this one, couldn't remember what katakana was ビ was)
Benkei
Kamen Rider Specter (so I guess that's his Ore Specter?...I'm kidding)
Nobunaga
Tutankhamun

In the previous posts, which are second quarter (so I guess after episode 15 ish?), we see Goemon, Ryouma, and what are speculated to be Grimm, Sanzo, and Himiko. Spectre's Houdini soul was also showed off in the toy catalogue.

So including the first four (Musashi, Edison, Robin Hood, and Newton), these are a total of 15 souls. 3 to Spectre, 12 to Ghost.

But looking at the Wiki, it looks like the third Rider, Kamen Rider Necrom, will get the Grimm and Sanzo Eyecons. So what will we be expecting by the second quarter...
*walks on in with my odd Taiwanese Kamen Rider films*
Ohh....well this is awkward.
For those who don't know, in 1979 a Taiwanese company took the first 3 Kamen Rider films (Kamen Rider vs Shocker, Kamen Rider vs Dr Death, and Kamen Rider V3 vs the Destron Mutants) and cut the film, replacing all actors with native Taiwanese actors. These were dubbed the "Super Riders" series.
The first two Kamen Rider films were cut together and went under many many names. "Super Riders Vs The Devil" or "Super Riders Against the Devil" or "Super Riders with the Devil" then taking Kamen Rider V3 and just calling it "Super Rider V3" then they took the Kamen Rider X film and did the same with the other previous films.
France, Turkey, and Germany dub the film and gave it new titles. Turkey and France call it "Super Riders" and that's that. Germany on the other hand calls it "Krieg Der Infras" or "War of the Infras" you see, Shaw Brothers "Inframan" was extremely popular over in Germany. So they pulled a, what I like to call "Zombi 2", and called the Rider film a sequel to Inframan. But France messes up on the dubbing calling the Kamen Riders "Supermen" then Thailand takes footage from the Ultraman Jumborg Ace film and cuts in Ultraman and Kamen Riders in it calling the films "Hanuman vs The 11 Ultramen" and "Hanuman vs the 5 Kamen Riders"
Now, The films are up on YouTube. If you want to watch the french dub look up "Kung Fu Riders" and just looking up "Super Riders" will bring up the Taiwanese films. Looking up the two Thai titles will bring up those full films as well.
Now that I have shared some interesting info on the Rider series. I can now be happy.
I find this very interesting. Makes me wonder; why did they market it as anything other then Masked Rider? I don't see how Super Riders or Inframen makes any more sense.
[Image: 6Wo7xes.jpg]

I'm loving the concept art for Kamen Rider Gaim season 2. I'm pretty bummed out that changed the actors, but it has a pretty good cast from what I can I tell. it's pretty cool that Kivala's actress came to the set to visit. Any thoughts on this new leak?