Kamen Rider

(Nov. 04, 2013  2:52 PM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: I think they are pretty creative with the fruit theme.

Better than rocket head rider that only uses at most 6 out of 40 armaments.

I'm gonna agree on that one, While I loved fourze I do think some of the switches were.....not useful like camera...which is only seen once...or scissors....ugh Don't get me wrong I love it still. But Gaim is getting interesting what with how they can take a concept so silly and make it look so epic...I for one love this and this is coming from a guy who loves Den-O and Fourze...
They're pretty original, I'll give them that. It's just that if I'm one of the bad guys, I'd have a hard time taking seriously someone whose costume is themed after a big yellow banana.

I mean, have you seen those shoulder pads? How does he walk into a building with those?!

That melon one looks kinda cool though.
The problem is that people are knocking on the aesthetic because they want Kamen Rider to be a dark and edgy show that caters to them.

Come the Fonz on. Kamen Rider is a children's show, and though the definition of a "children's show" is different in Japan than it is in America, do you really expect the writers to go, "Hey, let's cater to our adult cast design wise!" You're judging by the aesthetic and saying, "I can't take a banana rider seriously," (strangely, the banana rider is the only one everyone raves about) but you don't understand that THAT thematic is made for kids, not for adults.

Look at Gridon. At first glance, you can't even tell it's an acorn. Or Kurokage, which is a pinecone. I told my friends last night (as of this post), and they went from "Oh this looks pretty cool" to "wtf acorn??? pinecone??? lol omg this is gey" because the thematics. Seriously, it's stupid that you're letting an aesthetic theme be the reason you dislike the series when we're only 4 episodes in.

Look at Bravo. If you know what a Durian is, you'd know what he's based off of. But does it look bad? He looks like a ball-and-chain mace. The spiked ones. And that's pretty cool. But it's because everyone hears the word "fruits" in their name, they automatically think "oh it's stupid".

Can you seriously say that because they are using fruits, they designs are not creative compared to past Neo-Heisei Riders such as W, OOO, and Wizard? (Seriously, W is just recolors with little touch-ups, OOO is the same design with little touch-ups, and Wizard is just a helmet swap with different colors)
(Nov. 05, 2013  3:38 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: The problem is that people are knocking on the aesthetic because they want Kamen Rider to be a dark and edgy show that caters to them.

Come the Fonz on. Kamen Rider is a children's show, and though the definition of a "children's show" is different in Japan than it is in America, do you really expect the writers to go, "Hey, let's cater to our adult cast design wise!" You're judging by the aesthetic and saying, "I can't take a banana rider seriously," (strangely, the banana rider is the only one everyone raves about) but you don't understand that THAT thematic is made for kids, not for adults.

Look at Gridon. At first glance, you can't even tell it's an acorn. Or Kurokage, which is a pinecone. I told my friends last night (as of this post), and they went from "Oh this looks pretty cool" to "wtf acorn??? pinecone??? lol omg this is gey" because the thematics. Seriously, it's stupid that you're letting an aesthetic theme be the reason you dislike the series when we're only 4 episodes in.

Look at Bravo. If you know what a Durian is, you'd know what he's based off of. But does it look bad? He looks like a ball-and-chain mace. The spiked ones. And that's pretty cool. But it's because everyone hears the word "fruits" in their name, they automatically think "oh it's stupid".

Can you seriously say that because they are using fruits, they designs are not creative compared to past Neo-Heisei Riders such as W, OOO, and Wizard? (Seriously, W is just recolors with little touch-ups, OOO is the same design with little touch-ups, and Wizard is just a helmet swap with different colors)
I am gonna have to agree and I love OOO's and W, But I see where you are coming from, People are quick to judge which is stupid :I I'm gonna laugh when this becomes uber dark....
It isn't so much the fruit theme I have a problem with (and as I said, that melon one looks pretty cool), it's just that Baron's shoulder pads are so darn wide. I mean, couldn't they have modeled them after a bunch of bananas instead of just one giant banana? It would keep the fruit theme, and the yellow, and he wouldn't be (almost) as wide as two people standing next to each other. And it would be more practical since he uses a spear (it's called the Banaspear, but it's more like a lance, I think), especially in tight spaces.

I don't know. Maybe I just need to break out of my bias against superhero costumes that have too many things hanging off of them (remember Edna Mode's rant against capes in The Incredibles?). I just hope it doesn't get to Megazord levels of clutter.
The thing is, he is modeled after a western knight. How would a bunch of bananas make him look like a western knight? The fruit is just a design, a medium if you will; it's the overall goal that matters, which is what each Rider is based off of.
Yeah, I tend to overthink things like that. It's a constant problem...

Live and learn, I guess. Smile
Durian Rider, Armored Rider Bravo, debuts next week. Armored Riders Kurokage and Gridon Henshined for the first time this episode.

Kaito Kumon has the best quotes in Kamen Rider Gaim, seriously.
I think Kiwi Arms is used in the movie. It's pretty impressive, using two giant chakrams.

Oh god, you can even see the Rider Arms, too!
http://www.jefusion.com/2013/11/kamen-ri...fight.html OK Kamen rider bravo is supposedly the "Sadistic" rider of this series...and he's played by an effeminate man....I'm scared beyond rational thought....not because of the whole....fru fru thing but because this is a guy no one would expect....EVER

Edit: ok This guy is not only a patisserie transvestite BUT a war veteran AND a skilled fighter...I'm scared now...
15 episodes in. The first quarter of Gaim ended at episode 11, and from then on have been the juicy details and startling revelations. Urobuchi is doing a mighty fine job in delivering this story.

What do you guys think? Especially with the arrival of the Energy Riders.
Jinbar Lemon looks really cool.
I am still taken aback by how Urobuchi sets up stuff, rumors come out, then 13 episodes later, he pretty much debunks them with a character death.

I...This show, I can't handle it. This show is one of the heaviest of the Neo Heisei series and definitely has early Heisei qualities, but Urobuchi'Urobuchi writing is the best Kamen rider has seen so far.
So...who here hates Micchy with a passion?

Also, soccer war. It's like Inazuma Eleven, but with soccer as a medium, but will probably be done away with like the dancing was.

The theme song, YOUR SONG, sung by Shonan no Kaze (Gaim's OP singers), uses scenes (or fights) from the movie to get you excited for it. Little soccer. Lots of awesome.

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/07/your-...music.html
Trying to get into Kamen Rider. It's hard. In the Sentai fandom so much.
How is Kamen Rider Gaim treating you? With the series almost over, and Micchy still being a d***-cheese, it's time to move on to the next Rider: Kamen Rider Drive.

For starters, this is the Drive Driver (lol).
[Image: tumblr_naxu55lwn61tcbqr9o1_1280.jpg]

Notice on the left page that the Drive Driver has facial expressions. That is because the Drive Driver, or as Tomari Shinnosuke calls him "Belt-san" (Mr. Belt), is a sentient being. Belt-san gives Shinnosuke as Kamen Rider Drive battle advice.

Quote:This « Henshin Belt » is actually an artificial intelligence that will help Shinnosuke during his fights. As you will be able to see when you will look at the pictures, the screen of the belt changes depending of the mood of the AI (happy, sad, crossed, etc…) as well as depending of the Shift Car activated. For example, when nothing is activated, the screen pictures a R, then a S when Shinnosuke transforms into Type Speed.
  • Shift Car Max Flare - transforms him into Type Speed Flare gives drive a fiery protection and the Flare Stream finisher.
  • Shift Car Funky Spike - transforms him into Type Speed Spike and grants him the Spike Tornado finisher.
  • Shift Car Midnight Shadow - transforms him into Type Speed Shadow and grants him the Spike Shuriken weapon.
I thought the fruit theme was cool lmao. Probably should watch it.
While To-Qger isn't sparking any of my interests. Boring.
As you can tell by my Avatar,
I'm watching Fourze.
Being my first KR to see; damn it's good.
Any suggestions for after I'm done w/ Fourze??
(Oct. 20, 2014  12:06 AM)Neo Wrote: As you can tell by my Avatar,
I'm watching Fourze.
Being my first KR to see; damn it's good.
Any suggestions for after I'm done w/ Fourze??
If you haven't watched OOO or Wizard watch them
Eh, Wizard was not good; the main actor in particular was really bad. OOO and Gaim are definitely favourites, and W usually gets recommended too.
(Oct. 20, 2014  1:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Eh, Wizard was not good; the main actor in particular was really bad. OOO and Gaim are definitely favourites, and W usually gets recommended too.

I watched the Wizard Theme MV and his teeth were creepy 0.0

I may do Double and then OOO.
Anything old to recommend?
Why are you only suggesting Neo-Heisei when you can also be suggesting Heisei!

If you liked Gaim, you should try you hand at Ryuuki. I'd personally recommend Ryuuki and Blade.
So I heard Kabuto was pretty great.
Anyone..concur?
Kabuto was my first KR, and I know people who liked it a lot. But most of us tends to agree that Kabuto falls flat midway through (during the arrival of a certain plot point). Kabuto is one of the coolest Riders, though.