J2: Jeir Jorgumand Discussion Thread

Jeir Jorgumand Testing and Discussion

First test is going to be J2HR vs VGX as a standard benchmark seeing how _HR is one of the safest setups currently. The results were kinda meh right now, but the layer definitely has some potential. Unfortunately, its teeth are similar to R2's it seems. Will update OP with more tests throughout the day.

Teeth

Equipment
  • Red WHF Standard Beystadium
  • Ice Blue Light Launcher
  • Long Winder

Testing Procedure
  • 20 Rounds, Double Bursts not redone
  • Lightly Worn Orange Valkyrie
  • Prime Xtreme
  • New Jeir Jorgumand
  • Prime Revolve
  • Valkyrie Sliding Shot and Banked every round

Jeir Jorgumand Heavy Revolve vs Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
J2HR wins: 6 (3 os 1 ko 2 bst)
VGX wins: 8 (4 bst 4 ko)

Details

Jeir Jorgumand Spread Revolve vs. Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
J2SR wins: 6 (4 os, 2 ko)
VGX wins: 11 (10 bst, 1 ko)

Details

I feel like this second test really shows how J2 really performs. It's teeth aren't very great and got beat hard by burst finish.
as hercules once said, DISSAPOINTED!

onto more serious note
--did you weak launch J2?
-i wonder how it would do on orbit, and gyro, considering their free spinning, so the force of impact it takes from the opposing beyblade would be lessened.
-since it's teeth seem to be bad, and it bursts mostly, i wonder how using even lighter disks like ring and armed would make it perform, lighter setups usually are harder to burst.
-wonder how it will do as mobile defense/stamina.

thank you for the tests.
So I was thinking the same thing as Neet no Kami before I started doing my next test. In this test, I did J2SO with the "Odin Launch" which gave it a better win ratio it seems

Jeir Jorgumand Spread Orbit vs. Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
J2SO wins: 9/20
VGX wins: 10/20

Details
Can you do benchmarks against other top tier combos to see how it compares
@[Mitsu] requested J2SD

Jeir Jorgumand Spread Defense vs. Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
J2SD Wins: 10/20
VGX Wins 9/20
1 DBF

Details

It seems that weak launching for this layer is definitely the way to go. It's worth noting that J2 has some sick slopes, so I can see something like J2SO or J2AO smacking revolve based combos. I'll try it tomorrow.
I'm pretty lost in the testings, the results are better than wyvern or neptune? the same or worst? for now
Can you try using a Unite driver for some tests
any chance you can test it against V2GX?
it's defense doesn't seem to be the very best like no layer ever was.
any chance you can test it's stamina against deathscyther?
(Aug. 04, 2016  12:00 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: any chance you can test it against V2GX?
it's defense doesn't seem to be the very best like no layer ever was.
any chance you can test it's stamina against deathscyther?

Will get to it tomorrow.

Stamina and Destabilizing tests coming up within the next few days. From my non formal testing, It seems to be good at destabilizing Deathscyther Revolve, which D2 could not do. I should have a unite in the mail sooner or later.
Here are some quick benchmarks:

Notes & Part Conditions:
Semi-worn Xtreme.
Semi-worn Wyvern.
Prime Valkyrie.
Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme launched second both matches.
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense given a minor weak launch.
Wyvern Heavy Revolve given a minor weak launch.

Wyvern Heavy Revolve vs. Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
Wyvern Heavy Revolve: 14/20 (10 SF, 2 BF, 2 OF), 70% win rate.
Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme: 6/20 (1 BF, 5 OF), 30% win rate.

Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense vs. Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense: 18/20 (18 SF), 90% win rate.
Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme: 2/20 (2 SF), 10% win rate.

Not so much of a difference in results between J2HR and WHR against VHX, but definitely a pretty big one with D2SD as opposed to J2SD.

I don't own Jeir Jormungand at the moment (not sure if I even want to, lol.), but the tests are really appreciated. Why weren't Double Burst Finishes redone, though?
little disappointed with results of J2. but well due to those gaps and indents. i didn't had more hope from it

If you have some extra time will you able to do some test with J2G/TX/Z? I know it doesn't make sense to use defence for attack but why not to try.

Thanks you very much for test Shirayuki!!!
shouldn't each one do the testing and the benchmark? because each one could have different results? or doesn't matter in that case?
(Aug. 04, 2016  3:00 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: shouldn't each one do the testing and the benchmark? because each one could have different results? or doesn't matter in that case?

Just because I tested something by all means doesn't stop Shirayuki from doing benchmarks of his own if he chooses to. In any case, I wouldn't expect any drastic differences regardless of who preformed the tests.
(Aug. 04, 2016  3:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2016  3:00 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: shouldn't each one do the testing and the benchmark? because each one could have different results? or doesn't matter in that case?

Just because I tested something by all means doesn't stop Shirayuki from doing benchmarks of his own if he chooses to. In any case, I wouldn't expect any drastic differences regardless of who preformed the tests.

Ok, thanks to clarify it to me :D
Can you clarify what "Odin launch" means? I didn't think Odin needed a specific launch.
I think it's just weak-launching while banking? Not sure.
Jeir Jorgumand as a Destabilizer

Jeir Jorgumand Spread Defense VS Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Launches alternated
J2SD moderately launched

J2SD wins: 1/10
DHR wins: 9/10
Details

I thought this test was very telling of how it is on defense. I stopped because it seemed pretty obvious.

Jeir Jorgumand Spread Orbit VS Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
J2SO wins: 9/30
DHR wins: 21/30
Details

I lot of lucky KO's from J2s part. A lot of bursting from DHR, which really shows how awful the teeth are on J2. I did 30 rounds because near the end, I thought I figured out how to launch it to get it to consistently win. This was not the case. Whenever J2SO does what it's supposed to do, it does it fairly well. I might try some more tests with a more burst resistant disk. This could have been a really great layer if it weren't for the teeth I think.

It might work if someone finds a good balance between too light and too hard of a launch.
(Aug. 04, 2016  8:48 AM)Izhkoort Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2016  3:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote:

Ok, thanks to clarify it to me Grin

Personally, there are so many factors that Shirayuki should be the one to provide the benchmark results, ideally from the same day as other results too.
JHA vs DHD (Long Winder)

*JHA beats DHD (Spin finish) (one rotation)
*DHD beats JHA (Spin finish)
*JHA beats DHD (Burst finish)
*JHA beats DHD (Burst finish)
*DHD beats JHA (Spin finish)

JHA vs D2HD (Long Winder)

*D2HD beats JHA (Spin finish)
*JHA beats D2HD (Knock out)
*JHA beats D2HD (Spin finish)
*JHA D2HD (Draw) (Double burst finish)
*JHA beats D2HD (Spin finish)

JHA Win Count: vs DHD, 3
DHD Win Count: vs JHA, 2
Draw Count: 0

JHA Win count: vs D2HD, 3
D2HD Win Count: vs JHA, 2
Draw Count: 0

JHA vs V2HT

JHA wins by burst
V2HT wins by burst
JHA wins by spin finish
JHA wins by spin finish
JHA wins by spin finish

JHA vs VHT

JHA win by spin finish
VHT wins by KO
JHA wins by burst finish
JHA wins by KO
JHA wins by KO
JHA wins by spin finish
Did you alternate the launches?
Yes
Thanks for the tests and all but why so few?
I did them at like midnight so i didn't bother to do any more. XD
I dont have this part, but can someone try this as a stamina combo vs another stamina combo?