Introducing the DMV Grand Prix!!

What is the “DMV Grand Prix”?
Well lets just dive right in! The DMV Grand Prix is a series of Beyblade X tournaments with the goal of crowning the Number 1 Blader as well as seeing what Blader’s are Consistently doing well in the Central Atlantic area during the Beyblade X Generation! This series of tournaments will happen annually in order to see how players' skills have improved, as well as show what players in the area are consistently doing well at highly competitive tournaments within the Central Atlantic.

How Will the Series Work?
Starting in October of 2023 tournaments marked for the DMV Grand Prix will begin, and will be hosted every other month. The top 4-8 players (Depending on the amount of overall players at each tournament.) from each event will earn an invitation to participate in the DMV Grand Prix Championship Tournament in October of 2024. (So yes this will be a Year Long Series.) The Championship Tournament will be where all of the players that have earned an invitation, will meet up and play for the title of Number 1, as well as some extra prizing for the players that come in 1st-4th.

Where will DMV Grand Prix Tournaments be hosted?
  • All DMV Grand Prix Tournaments will be held at Superstar Card Gaming, located at 7902 Belair Rd, Nottingham, Maryland 21236.
Is there an entry fee and will the Prizing be for the tournaments?
  • Superstar Card Gaming charges a small entry fee of $5 per player entering in the tournament. However, All entry fees will be split among the top 3 players as STORE CREDIT, that the players can use on anything in the shop.
  • The Championship Tournament will have the normal store credit prizing as well as some added cash prizing to the top 4, that is still being determined.
Will these tournaments be hosted on the WBO and be ranked?
  • Yes, they will all be posted onto the WBO’s Tournament Threads page as well as be ranked for the WBO’s ranking system.
What if someone that already has an invite gets top 4 again?
  • The invites will be passed down to the next available candidate within the top 8 based on their placing from the first stage.
If I win the Championship do I have to earn another invite for the following year’s Championship?
  • No. The top 4 of the Championship will automatically be the first 4 to obtain an invite to the next year's Championship.
The DMV Grand Prix will have a very standardized set of rules and regulations to keep the series the same all the way through. 
However to save space here I am going to give the link to the google doc that I have created, explaining the series and how to play the game with the standardized set of rules.

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rkfq...sp=sharing

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to comment them here or even private message me!
LOVE THIS!!! Do it big bro!!! 😎
(Aug. 05, 2023  7:43 PM)StayCool Wrote: LOVE THIS!!! Do it big bro!!! 😎

I plan on it!
Classic crisis w
Is this for Takara Tomy Beyblade X or Hasbro?
(Dec. 01, 2023  5:23 AM)CodyDragonLane Wrote: Is this for Takara Tomy Beyblade X or Hasbro?

It wouldn't matter.
DMV Grand Prix Updates!
Hello all of you Bladers in the Central Atlantic! It's been about 6 moths since the first DMV Qualifier event, and they have been pretty exciting! Since then a total of 13 players have earned their invites, and we are only about half way through the whole Grand Prix Series! How exciting. So first I'll go ahead and explain a slight change in the format for the DMV Grand Prix Series, and then I'll release the prizing for the top 3 winners of the Championship, and finally I'll release a list of all the Blader names that have earned their invites for the Championship in October of this year!

What has changed in the Format?
Well now that we have fully enveloped into Beyblade X, we have gotten to see just how much chaos ensues in the Beyblade X generation compared to previous generations of Beyblade. Those of us in the Central Atlantic found that Beyblade X can be just a little to random at times. So for the past 3 months we have been experimenting with a slightly altered format in our weekly tournaments and after a very dominating vote at the last DMV Grand Prix event (DMV Grand Prix Qualifier #3) I have decided to adopt the format for all future DMV Grand Prix Events.

The PREVIOUS rules in the Google Dock read:
How to Play

The DMV Grand Prix will be played strictly with the 3on3 Match Type format, (In BOTH 1st Stage and the Final Stage) as designed by the manufacturer of Beyblade X Takara Tomy (while staying within the boundaries of the WBO’s rules). Below are the rules of the 3on3 Match Type that we will be playing.

The NEW rules in the Google Dock read:
How to Play

The DMV Grand Prix will be played strictly with the 3on3 Match Type format, (In BOTH 1st Stage and the Final Stage) as designed by the manufacturer of Beyblade X Takara Tomy (while staying within the boundaries of the WBO’s rules). However, in order to win the round a player must win in a "Best 2 out of 3 system." Below are the rules of the 3on3 Match Type that we will be playing.

What does this mean?
Essentially what this means is that every round when you face off against your opponent, one of you must win 2 full battles of the 3on3 Match Type format in order to win the round. So if your opponent gets to 4 points first in the first round, they win that match. Then both you and the same opponent play again. If your opponent wins that one, the match is over. However if you win that one, you and your opponent play a 3rd match to determine the winner of the round!

Why this change?
After weeks of testing and playing this system for Beyblade X, we felt this system reduces the amount of random wins by a lot and rewards players that put in more time and practice with the Beyblade X system. We want players to feel rewarded for their hard work with combo/deck building as well as developing a higher understanding of launch positioning, angle launching, and all of the other factors that they have learned to use to their advantage, instead of just a lucky KO/Xtreme Finish.

The players that make it to the Championship will be playing for cash money. We want all players to bring their A Game and not just luck their way through a whole tournament. Getting a lucky win 1 round or even 2 can happen and is expected. But, the champion of the DMV Grand Prix will hopefully win more off of their own skill and determination and not so much as luck. I hope this change makes sense to everyone and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions regarding it! We also play this format every week at our local tournaments. So if you're in the area and want to experience it first hand, please feel free to come and play!

What are the Championship prizes?!
Well it took some time to fully decide but thanks to my good friend robert_loller deciding to help out with the prize support we have landed on the following cash prizing for the event.

1st: $200 cash as well as Store credit to Superstar Card Gaming. (Based off the number of entries)
2nd: $150 cash as well as Store credit to Superstar Card Gaming. (Based off the number of entries)
3rd: $100 cash as well as Store credit to Superstar Card Gaming. (Based off the number of entries)
4th: $50 cash as well as Store credit to Superstar Card Gaming. (Based off the number of entries)

We are hopping that these numbers are more of an incentive for players to practice their skills in Beyblade X as well as to persuade more players come to the Qualifier events to try and earn their invites to the DMV Grand Prix Championships.

Who has their Invite?!
It's time to give out the list of names of the Bladers that have earned their invites! The following Bladers have earned their invite to the DMV Grand Prix Championship event in October 2024!

From DMV Grand Prix Qualifier #1:

Dragreus111
Nekogirlcloud
LJ-Blader

From DMV Grand Prix Qualifier #2:

geetster99
PrinceofCarrots
DLSblader4
Broyeeto
Yami

From DMV Grand Prix Qualifier #3:

Serphus
CrisisCrusher07
Fire blader07
RYANTHEDRAGON98
robert_loller
I like this change. SIMPLE yet EFFECTIVE! No drastic changes and it stays true to how BeybladeX is designed to be played. Cheers to a successful DMV Grand Prix!
(Mar. 06, 2024  7:42 AM)versusENDEV Wrote: I like this change. SIMPLE yet EFFECTIVE! No drastic changes and it stays true to how BeybladeX is designed to be played.  Cheers to a successful DMV Grand Prix!

Thank you! Yes this decision was made after a long period of testing. First we tested the best 2 out of 3 in our finals to see how people liked it. Then we decided to test it as a format for the whole event. Our biggest concern was time. But it seemed that on average it extended our already hour and a half to 2 hour tournaments to only about 2 and a half to 3 hour tournaments. So only adding on about an hour at most was no problem! Especially since we come from burst where tournaments could last up to 5 to 6 hours because of how much slower the game was in general.
The previous update post was updated to include a 4th place prizing!
Hello,

New here. Love BeyBlades.  Want to compete.  I didn’t see anything on the upcoming tournaments for the Maryland area.  Is there another part of the website that provides club details?
(Apr. 19, 2024  2:00 AM)CreeperDav19 Wrote: Hello,

New here. Love BeyBlades.  Want to compete.  I didn’t see anything on the upcoming tournaments for the Maryland area.  Is there another part of the website that provides club details?

We just had a DMV Grand Prix Qualifier event this past Saturday. Normally we have a weekly locals at superstar card gaming on Saturdays. However me and the other organizer that run them for the shop have Lorcana shop championship events both this weekend and next. So we will not be hosting Beyblade until after we are done with those. Weekly Saturday tournaments should start up again May 4th.