Interview with US Champ

(Jan. 11, 2012  5:00 PM)Uwik Wrote: Ahh, I see, let's hope it's just a simple misunderstanding in the terms used. Apart from the Deck Battle format, is there any other format used? The Point format?

They have "rules" posted here on the US Beyblade Battle Series website: https://www.beybladeuschampionships.com/rules.php

They also link to a rulebook ... but the link doesn't download a .pdf like it should.

There's no mention of a "Deck Battle format". It seems to me like they just do a "majority of three" format:

Quote:ROUNDS
Each Round will consist of three (3) Battles. Each Competitor will compete in Round Competitors that win the Round will move to the next Round. Competitors that lose the Round will be eliminated from the tournament.

WINNING
1. If a Competitor touches his or her Opponent or the BEYSTADIUM during the Battle, they will automatically lose that Battle.
2. If at any time during the Battle a BEYBLADE top launches outside of the BEYSTADIUM the Competitor will be disqualified and the Opponent will be declared the winner of that Battle.
3. If a Competitor’s BEYBLADE top enters a side pocket in the BEYSTADIUM and continues to spin longer than the Opponent’s BEYBLADE top, he or she will be declared the winner.
4. The winner of the Round will be the Competitor that wins the majority of the 3 Battles – either by winning 2 of the 3 Battles or by winning 1 Battle when the other 2 Battles are a tie.
5. If a Round ends with 3 tie Battles, additional Battles will be played until a Battle is won. The winner of that Battle will be declared the winner of that Round.

Also, here's the page for the Canada Beyblade "Battle Series" as well ... :\ http://promos.ytv.com/beyblade-tournament/default.aspx
Rule 3 is just complete carp. You might as well not use attack types at that rate if the damn stamina type can outspin you in the freaking pocket. Just enter with a MLD spin stealer (100/ED145WD) and Earth 100WD lol.
(Jan. 07, 2012  10:46 AM)â–‘Mercuryâ–‘ Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Europe ? Nothing even happened in the United Kingdom.

Actually here in Ireland, there was 2 qualifiers. I was talking to the organizers and they said there was 4-5 qualifiers in the UK. A guy from the UK is going to the World Championships.

StadiumOut!! and I won our qualifiers here in Ireland. We both thought we were going to Canada for the World Championships but actually they put Ireland with the UK and only took one person.
I know this is incredibly late, but, was there any in England? Because i have been searching for ages, since like August, and the only Qualifiers i found were Ireland's.

(Jan. 11, 2012  4:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:50 PM)Uwik Wrote: Speaking of which, what is the Hasbro rule about competitive play? Is there one?

It was supposed to be three different Metal Wheels for each 'round' in a BeyBattle, using our terms, but Zakiah seems to hint at having to use different Metal Wheels per "round" which refers to different opponents.

I remember seeing a Hasbro video about it a while back, and I also read about it on some Hasbro rulebook that I can't remember.

Here's how it works:

At the very beginning of your 3 battles (I'll call it that so I don't use the incorrect term), both you and your opponent pick your three beyblades each with a different Metal Wheel. Then you put them in the order you will use them (I think you show the judge or something). For the first battle you and your opponent use the first Beyblade you chose, for the second you guys use the second, and same for the third. Best two out of three.

I think it might have been the instruction book with the Beyblades?
(Jan. 12, 2012  12:57 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I think it might have been the instruction book with the Beyblades?

That is indeed where you read about that. But why would Hasbro neglect to outline this process on the "Beyblade Championship 2011 Official Rules Of Play" if that is how it actually worked? :\
Were there any qualifiers held in Australia?
(Jan. 12, 2012  3:04 AM)hammer hades Wrote: Were there any qualifiers held in Australia?

No, Australia and most of the United Kingdom apparently hold no value to Hasbro.
(Jan. 12, 2012  3:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2012  3:04 AM)hammer hades Wrote: Were there any qualifiers held in Australia?

No, Australia and most of the United Kingdom apparently hold no value to Hasbro.

>Pay almost double for beys
>Don't even get tournaments

You said it perfectly yourself:
(Oct. 18, 2011  1:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Australia is a fraud.
(Jan. 11, 2012  11:44 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Rule 3 is just complete carp. You might as well not use attack types at that rate if the damn stamina type can outspin you in the freaking pocket. Just enter with a MLD spin stealer (100/ED145WD) and Earth 100WD lol.

Seriously...
What the hell makes them do this... Are the pockets there just for a "safe spot" for Stamina types?! Chocked_2
@th!nk- Wow, I am quite surprised to hear that there are no tourneys there... I considered Australia one of the BIG places for Hasbro to find participants for the WC. Then again, I thought the same for UK... Uncertain
As it is, India's not getting these any time. Soitdoesnotmatter...
It would be better if these Championships had no age limits ..........................
This might be an obvious question but, do they check your id to see if you meet the age requirement? I don't like how Hasbro is biased and specifically targeting kids.
They're not "biased"... their age limit is only two years younger than the WBBA's... children's toys are intended for children, especially in western environments. I doubt they check IDs, but it would be genuinely improper of you to pretend to be younger than you are - breaking the rules is breaking the rules.
From my understanding parents have to fill out permission slips for the tournaments. So thats how they keep up with the age limits.

Also off topic i put in a request to Noland C. former world champion for an interview.
I dont understand why I get bagged on here I can
see everything I won the US champs with beyblades that are old and more hard to use more than going up against 4D beys. I never said I could challenge Kai all i said was i looked forward to our battle thats it. I know how i feels to be hated on now... thats a
real motivator for the world champs.
but my bey spirit will keep on going and ill go and fight with my bey to win it all and become
world champ. I hope we will get to battle Kai-V no doubt you will be my greatest challenge
I doubt it, Kai-V has never actually won a recorded battle.

Kei is our current number 1, under more balanced tournament conditions that might take a little adjusting to Smile

I don't think anyone is hating on you, honestly, you seem to be one of the better winners, there are a couple who have been rather egotistical about it, but you seem like a nice kid.

I feel sorry for you, in how Nelvana are handling the world championship by conducting it in a closed building with no public access and rather poorly trained judges. That said, at least you actually bladed to get there, unlike the Canadian candidate Smile
yeah. and thank you! yeah when you have been beyblading since you were 4 you get good haha. i train all the time hoping one day i will battle Kai-V
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:40 PM)Uwik Wrote: Also just a clarification, the Deck Battle format differs from one country to the next. In Singapore, a player has to switch bey when a point is gained, then he/she will be stuck with the last 3rd bey for a number of rounds if the 5 points needed to win is still rounds away. In Indonesia, the loser of a round changes the bey, while the winner doesn't. There's no fixed rule about this.

About the judges, most of the time, the judges (the veteran ones) are well informed. We do get the occasional fresh judges who are just plain bad.

Actually, they have changed it for Singapore. The sane rules apply, but after the last/3rd bey is used and there is still no winner, attack has to be used until the 5th point. They are hosting the qualifiers and final from the 9-11th of March, which is quite a rush.
Woww, US has already chosen its representative. I wonder how the 2012 Toronto Beyblade World Championship tournament would be like, especially which Stadiums and which Beyblade they are limiting to that the organisers at Toronto are planning cause its a major factor for the other parts of the world,especially countries sponsored by Takara Tomy. In Singapore,it is confirmed the qualifying rounds of the Singapore Beyblade Championship will be using the BB-10 Attack Stadium and the Finals to be using the BB-120 Ultimate Beyta Stadium.This tournament is important as it decides the chosen representative of Singapore to participate in the 2012 Toronto Beyblade World Championship. 4Ds can be used however,but it would be such a dissapointment if at the championship itself at Toronto would banned the Takara Tomy sponsored countries from using 4Ds. I hope there would be a balance-out strategies for the Hasbro and Takara Tomy countries as their tournament play for the 2 companies are totally different.(Including Sonokong,from S.Korea.)
(Feb. 21, 2012  11:49 AM)Zakiah10 Wrote: I dont understand why I get bagged on here I can
see everything I won the US champs with beyblades that are old and more hard to use more than going up against 4D beys. I never said I could challenge Kai all i said was i looked forward to our battle thats it. I know how i feels to be hated on now... thats a
but my bey spirit will keep on going and ill go and fight with my bey to win it all and become
world champ. I hope we will get to battle Kai-V no doubt you will be my greatest challenge
You beat the4anime so obviously you're good. Hasbro and Takara-Tomy metagames are totally different and require different types of knowledge/skill.

(Feb. 21, 2012  11:49 AM)Zakiah10 Wrote: I dont understand why I get bagged on here I can

Just letting you know im pullin for you to win the World Championship. If you go to Anime North then you will have your chance to face Kei, Kai-V, and me among may others. I would love to do a follow up interview before and after the world championships.
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
That was posted a few months ago, and was making fun of how the Canadian representative was chosen.
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
The point is that none of us are making fun of Luqman, we are making fun of basically everything else : the selection method for the Canadian and Australian champions, Hasbro, BeybladeBattles.com, etc.
Hey guys, whats going on in this thread?