Image records of 3A induced damage

There's a separate thread for the proposal to ban Rage and 3A based on testing and performance. If you think they're too good, go there.

This thread is to keep a running tally of any actual damage 3A has done to other beyparts! Here's how it works:

1. Oh no, one of your beys has been damaged because it went up against a bey combo using 3A!
2. Write down the two combos that were used. The combo using 3A, followed by the combo that wasn't, and the specific parts on the second combo that received the damage.
3. Take pictures of the damaged parts! Try to include multiple angles of the the damage in several pictures, to make it easier to identify for everyone else! You  should circle the areas of damage so we can better spot it.
4. You can't upload pictures directly to WBO, so don't even try! Upload it to a free image hosting service like imgur. Google Drive is a bad choice because you cannot directly link the image from there. Go into the "preview response" view and use the Insert Image button on the toolbar to embed the image here! And use spoiler tags! You can right click to open an image in a new tab from an imgur upload to get the exact image address. It will help if you do this from a computer rather than a phone.

Why consider this? Because unlike 12, 3A is an exceptionally good part. With 12, it was just a fairly average disc on its on. It had no exceptional performance when unshielded by a frame. Forcing people to frame it allowed everyone to use it without a ban. But 3A? There's no way to mitigate the contact points of 3A. And if it's overly destructive instead of overly good, we need to know. But with 3A? It's powerful, it does nasty hits, and sometimes the hits are so nasty that parts get broken, or so I am told. But words without evidence aren't so useful.

So far, we have a lot of hearsay, and not a lot of photographic evidence. The words aren't useful, the pictures are. If you have any evidence of 3A causing damage to itself or other layers, please supply pictures. Otherwise, you don't need to post in this thread. :)

I have a Z Achilles I'm not particularly attached to. Later on I might see how many hits it takes against a 3A before it breaks.
Here are some photos from Beyblade Geeks’ videos.  Personally I have used Rage.3A a lot and have not seen any damage.  

[Image: Ywojcw9.jpg][Image: OoE3zZC.jpg]

Here are some photos I took to show where the hits are coming from.

[Image: NoRcFIt.jpg][Image: h8KV8sP.jpg][Image: 0gmqxer.jpg]

While I think the 3A has the ability to damage parts, I personally don’t want it to be banned, at least not just yet, for the following reasons: 
1) I have used it a lot and have seen no damage to other parts.  I did see some minor marks to 3A itself, as I have shown, and I don’t think so far the damage is very common.
2) Damage to rubber parts on the layers are going to happen, they just are.
3) the part of 3A that seems to be hitting the plastic is the bottom half of 3A which is plastic.  This is plastic on plastic damage as oppose to 12 disk’s metal on plastic.  
4) Beyblade is a battle top game.  Things do get damaged. Parts have broken before this.
5) Beys are getting heavy.  This type of damage may even just become a norm unfortunately.

With all that said, I do understand that some will still want 3A to be banned. I am not saying I vehemently disagree.  I do understand people don’t want their beyblades damaged.  Perhaps we can continue to gather evidence for a while to see how prevalent this situation is.
Personally, I think damage to Beyblades is inevitable, no matter what parts you use.
(Jul. 18, 2020  6:42 PM)g2_ Wrote: Personally, I think damage to Beyblades is inevitable, no matter what parts you use.

This is true, but certain parts like 12 and possibly 3A could actually break things quite often, making the part it broke not legal in tournament play
I have marks on my 2S and 1B chasis' that came from Rage, I'll try to post pictures later today.
This thread isn't for the debate. This thread is just for gathering the visual evidence. I have no preference for or against banning it.

Next time, please circle the damage and impact points you're talking about. Only one of those pictures had the damage/point indicated.
(Jul. 18, 2020  7:06 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: This thread isn't for the debate. This thread is just for gathering the visual evidence. I have no preference for or against banning it. I'm

Next time, please circle the damage and impact points you're talking about. Only one of those pictures had the damage/point indicated.
The damaged piece is on the finger in the second picture.  I guess that is easy to miss.  With 3A I am showing stress marks not damage.  But I will show it all soon. Didn’t think it was required since it said “you might...”
[Image: fbk2QHT.jpg]
[Image: KKPG5n7.jpg]

[Image: O3sD98q.jpg]

[Image: 3qCTApf.jpg]
Changed to "should". We're not mind readers.
Me neither.  

Also, I gave opinions just like opening post.  I see lot of opinions but no actual debate.  If debate or opinion isn’t allowed in the thread it should be clearly stated. 

Here are the 2 videos by BBG in case video makes for even better evidence.  Allows for seeing the hits. 

https://youtu.be/wmgrDXFpQeY

https://youtu.be/EAhsE24n7ms
I don't have any pictures (Since I don't have Rage yet) but I think it would be best if only damage done to other beys was showcased. 
In regards to self-damage, it might be best to compare damage on 3A to damage on layers like Xeno Xcalibur and Sieg Xcalibur, which are both major victims of self-inflicted stress marks. 

(Staff can delete this post if it's not relevant here)
(Jul. 18, 2020  9:51 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I don't have any pictures (Since I don't have Rage yet) but I think it would be best if only damage done to other beys was showcased. 
In regards to self-damage, it might be best to compare damage on 3A to damage on layers like Xeno Xcalibur and Sieg Xcalibur, which are both major victims of self-inflicted stress marks. 

(Staff can delete this post if it's not relevant here)
Good point.  I provided the image of stress mark on 3A for 2 reasons:
1) to show where the the problem might be coming from on 3A.
2) to more on less show the possible damage probably do not come from Rage.  I guess to isolate the potential problem.

But I do not disagree with you, if people agree that those images off topic I can remove them.
Rage smacked my Lord layer pretty badly during the first test run.

I completely agree 3A should be banned from any tournament because simply of how much danger it has done to Beyblades.
How to upload image?,my 3A has only done damage to itself and master layer
(Jul. 20, 2020  2:56 PM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: How to upload image?,my 3A has only done damage to itself and master layer

The directions on how to post photos are right in the original post from DeceasedCrab
I would say that damage to Rage or 3A isn't the main focus but also worth posting those images. More relevant than opinions.
I'm practically dumb
It chip off the underside of master in left,the white part is easy to get damaged but 3A make it look worse
(Jul. 20, 2020  12:44 PM)ZeroYiggs Wrote: Rage smacked my Lord layer pretty badly during the first test run.

I don't believe Lord taking damage like that is uncommon. Pretty sure I've got similar damage from using the layer in right spin.
Yeah, this problem seems pretty prevalent.

Hope the community comes to a conclusion on this soon...
Honestly, I still haven't seen a break and I play a lot... a lot. It can cause stress marks, but Zwei has pulled pieces off of Lord and broke my friend's original Apocalypse, the armor of Perfect Phoenix has ruined several of our beys such as Cosmo, Lord, and Archer Hercules, and then there's Judgment.. who has broken so many of my pieces and the pieces of other people in tournaments I've attended that if there is any real candidate for a ban due to part breaking it should be Judgment. Wear is a part of the game. If you play with these beys constantly you see how fragile they can actually be. It's undeniable they'll wear down, and it will seem to accelerate due to the nature of power creep.

A side-note regarding 2S. If played with the spikes out on Mirage, it wears itself out quick. My own 2S showed rather intense stress marks the day I received it, just from doing first to fives to test what drivers it worked well with.
(Jul. 20, 2020  8:28 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Honestly, I still haven't seen a break and I play a lot... a lot. It can cause stress marks, but Zwei has pulled pieces off of Lord and broke my friend's original Apocalypse, the armor of Perfect Phoenix has ruined several of our beys such as Cosmo, Lord, and Archer Hercules, and then there's Judgment.. who has broken so many of my pieces and the pieces of other people in tournaments I've attended that if there is any real candidate for a ban due to part breaking it should be Judgment. Wear is a part of the game. If you play with these beys constantly you see how fragile they can actually be. It's undeniable they'll wear down, and it will seem to accelerate due to the nature of power creep.

A side-note regarding 2S. If played with the spikes out on Mirage, it wears itself out quick. My own 2S showed rather intense stress marks the day I received it, just from doing first to fives to test what drivers it worked well with.
I think this is why safe gear is needed 😅😅😅
And sparking beys are kinda scary to battle too with rage out and all. When I get rage in gonna test it on storm spriggan(just kidding I will battle it against my regalia genesis combo).
I updated the original post since many of you seem to have trouble reading and understanding.

"So far, we have a lot of hearsay, and not a lot of photographic evidence. The words aren't useful, the pictures are. If you have any evidence of 3A causing damage to itself or other layers, please supply pictures. Otherwise, you don't need to post in this thread. :)"

Highlighted to make things clear.

Right now, there's only images/videos of damage from 3 people. Plenty of people with opinions without evidence though. Perhaps we should just close the thread if the potential damage from 3A is that rare.
(Jul. 21, 2020  5:36 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I updated the original post since many of you seem to have trouble reading and understanding.

"So far, we have a lot of hearsay, and not a lot of photographic evidence. The words aren't useful, the pictures are. If you have any evidence of 3A causing damage to itself or other layers, please supply pictures. Otherwise, you don't need to post in this thread. Smile"

Right now, there's only images/videos of damage from 3 people. Plenty of people with opinions without evidence though. Perhaps we should just close the thread if the potential damage from 3A is that rare.

Reading comprehension is difficult for people these days, don't stress about it too much heh.

Leave the thread open, hopefully more people will post more photos of damage inflicted by Rage/3A. I'll probably do more battles tonight and see how things go.
(Jul. 21, 2020  5:36 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I updated the original post since many of you seem to have trouble reading and understanding.

"So far, we have a lot of hearsay, and not a lot of photographic evidence. The words aren't useful, the pictures are. If you have any evidence of 3A causing damage to itself or other layers, please supply pictures. Otherwise, you don't need to post in this thread. Smile"

3a can damage beys probably because of recoil. I will get a more detail analysis when I get rage longinus