Illegal Customization: UFO

I am not sure if anyone has ever heard of "UFO beyblades" before, but I have seen them and they are very very powerful and have the strongest defense/endurance. However, it is an illegal customization because you will need to file and polish the beyblade parts in order to make a perfect UFO beyblade.

Before you begin, you will need the following beyblade parts:
1 primary AR from any of the ARs (except Zeus' AR) that have a separate free moving layer (like Galeon, Galeon etc)
2 Cross Survival SPs
1 Wide Defense/Wide Survival WD
1 Spiral Change Base
1 Wolborg 2 shaft (Mint/near Mint)
2 NSK well-tuned bearings
1 Right/Left SG casing
1 Wolborg/Wolborg 2/Dranzer S shaft casing
Be sure to have spare parts in case something goes wrong

Equipments needed:
File, Cutter, Plastic Polish, Metal Polish

Optional (but useful):
Battery-driven beyblade launcher

BEFORE YOU BEGIN, BE SURE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOUR BEYBLADE PARTS!!!

Here are the steps:

AR
1. Take the primary AR, fit it onto a beyblade (any beyblade that has a small WD and small BB). Attach that beyblade to the battery-driven beyblade launcher, and turn on the power. The beyblade should be spinning.
2. Wait till its spin is steady and its speed is the highest. Take the file and slowly press it against the side of the AR. The aim is to shave away the remaining plastic portions until you get a perfect circular primary AR.
3. Take 1 cross survival SP and measure the internal diameter of the hole in the SP. Divide that number by 2 to get the radius.
4. Measure (from the centre) that length on the circular primary AR and mark out a dot on the primary AR using correction fluid. Make sure that this dot is precise and small. If the dot is large, re-do this step, but remember to clear the dot first.
5. Now, replace the primary AR into that beyblade used in Step 1 and attach it back to the launcher again. Start the launcher and wait for its spin to be steady and its speed to reach the maximum. Start filing again until you reach a few millimetres away from the dot.
6. Take the AR and try if it fits into the Cross Survival SP. File until you can fit the circular primary AR can fit into the SPs. Take both SPs and file away the 4 blocks of plastic protruding out from each of the SPs.
7. Once it fits, this will be the AR for the UFO beyblade. Polish the parts to make it smooth. Now move on to the WD.

WD
1. If you are using Wide Defense, you will need to file away the block on the WD. If you are using Wide Survival, this step will not be needed.
2. Polish the area filed to make it smooth. Now move on to the SG

SG
1. Take the shaft casing, and file away the top portion until it is level with the 2 plastic parts that extends outwards to hold on to the SG. Polish the shaft casing to make it smooth.
2. Take the Wolborg 2 shaft and flatten the rubber tip using a file or other means. The tip should be completely flat, but still has alot of grip.
3. Assemble the parts as usual (Wolborg 2 shaft with 1 NSK bearing in the shaft casing, followed by the SG metal ring and then the SG casing)
Now, there should be sufficient room to place the other NSK bearing on the top of the shaft casing. This bearing will be held in place by the SG casing. Now move on to the BB.

BB
1. Take the Spirial Change Base, and study it. You should see that there is a trench around the centre. Using a file, slowly shave away the BB from the centre hole (from which the Dranzer S' shaft would come out of when in endurance mode), until you reach the trench mentioned.
2. Now try to insert the SG into the BB. The Wolborg 2 shaft should be able to spin freely. If it does not, continue to file until it is able to spin freely.
3. Use a cutter to snap away the 2 plastic pieces (which are used to adjust the mode of Dranzer S' base)in the BB.
4. Take a V2 series BB and study it. Measure the diameter of the BB and file the Dranzer S' BB until its BB is of the same size as a V2 series BB (use the same method as that when you prepare the AR). Remember to file the blade clips also.
5. Mark out 4 openings, similar to that in a V2 series BB, on Spiral Change Base. Use a cutter to cut out the openings and file appropriately until the Cross Survival SP can be fitted in.
6. Polish all filed areas to make it smooth. Switch the mode of Spiral Change Base to Attack mode to improve its Life-After-Death capabilities. Your UFO beyblade is almost complete.

Assemble the beyblade! The orders are as follows:
1. Bit chip (essential to prevent the NSK bearing from escaping)
2. The circular primary AR
3. Cross Survival SP (modified)
4. WD
5. SG
6. Cross Survival SP (modified)
7. Spiral Change Base (modified)

Your UFO beyblade is complete! When launching, try to launch it in the middle of the stadium. It should stay there and spin strongly, while deflecting all your opponent's attacks. Should it be hit out of balance by a strong attack, the Spiral Change Base should provide it with Life After Death and the beyblade will stand upright again. It is hard to describe its movement, but it is really powerful (but again, illegal).

Try it out and amaze your opponents.

If your opponent also uses this customization but has one that spins in the opposite direction, the beybattle can last up to 10 - 12 minutes (since they will be able to steal spin from each other), provided your bearings are well-tuned.

If you do not understand any portions, please ask and I will try to clarify them for you.
I think I have seen some guy in the neighbourhood using that customization before too. But when I tried to ask him how to make one, he said it was a "Secret". Confused

Thanks for revealing the "Secrets", Jos. lol!
Z Wrote:I think I have seen some guy in the neighbourhood using that customization before too. But when I tried to ask him how to make one, he said it was a "Secret". Confused

Thanks for revealing the "Secrets", Jos. lol!

Haha, you're welcome!
It's really common locally, or rather, it used to be, no? I remember these stuff. Bleh, they're why I gave up on tournements here, it isn't played properly.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:It's really common locally, or rather, it used to be, no? I remember these stuff. Bleh, they're why I gave up on tournements here, it isn't played properly.

There was once when there was a gang of people who came to participate in the tournaments organized by a hobby shop (that sells beyblades, TCGs etc). The store owner became so frustrated with those beyblades that he banned them from any future tournaments. Haha
Jos Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:It's really common locally, or rather, it used to be, no? I remember these stuff. Bleh, they're why I gave up on tournements here, it isn't played properly.

There was once when there was a gang of people who came to participate in the tournaments organized by a hobby shop (that sells beyblades, TCGs etc). The store owner became so frustrated with those beyblades that he banned them from any future tournaments. Haha

Hmm? The same group dominates all tournements. I wouldn't mind if it was using regular parts, but this is a different game from Beyblade already.
IF ANYONE HERE DOES THIS, YOU'RE A GODDAMN MORON
Quote:BEFORE YOU BEGIN, BE SURE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOUR BEYBLADE PARTS!!!
Give up a bunch of good parts? No thanks...
I remember a group of people and they have a team called The BeyBlade Destroyer and man they break people beyblades with this customization and I don't know why but we are friend now and me and the team still BeyBlade and we BeyBattle all the time on the weekend
Draciel MS_Holder Wrote:I remember a group of people and they have a team called The BeyBlade Destroyer and man they break people beyblades with this customization and I don't know why but we are friend now and me and the team still BeyBlade and we BeyBattle all the time on the weekend

This customization? I'm really surprised it even made it to the states.
Draciel MS_Holder Wrote:I remember a group of people and they have a team called The BeyBlade Destroyer and man they break people beyblades with this customization and I don't know why but we are friend now and me and the team still BeyBlade and we BeyBattle all the time on the weekend

I don't think you can break beyblades with this customization. This is just a defense/survival beyblade without any attack strength at all. How is it able to break beyblades without forcing a strong impact on the opponents' beyblades?
I don't know but it break BeyBlades, I know he use that customization,
Jos Wrote:How is it able to break beyblades without forcing a strong impact on the opponents' beyblades?

Using the power of bitbeast and imagination.

I believe the average nonAsian kid believes this to be similar to double spark disc with metal attack ring.

You should take a photo of your's and upload to clear up the confusion.
Draciel MS_Holder Wrote:I don't know but it break BeyBlades, I know he use that customization,

I bet you not even know how this customization looks like. Give me a detailed description if you are not able to take photos like what Composer suggested^.
Ah lol, I meant "you" as in "Jos", i.e. you photograph to show him.
Ah, I do not have an UFO, but I managed to learn how to make one by "secretly" inspecting one. Also, my camera failed on me a long time ago, so even if I do have an UFO, it could not be photographed. If I had a camera, I would have create an avatar of my face instead of leaving it blank.
A pity that your camera's down. Hmm I think, it should be fairly obvious what it's made from through looking at it, but I'm impressed that you actually spent the time to type out the instructions.
G Wrote:
Quote:BEFORE YOU BEGIN, BE SURE THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOUR BEYBLADE PARTS!!!
I can think of a few parts that people wouldn't care about losing to this "customisation".
Cross-Spiker comes to mind. (c'mon, what else are you doing with it?)
PRINCEcharming Wrote:
G Wrote:
I can think of a few parts that people wouldn't care about losing to this "customisation".
Cross-Spiker comes to mind. (c'mon, what else are you doing with it?)

Cross Spiker can't be used, as far as I know.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:A pity that your camera's down. Hmm I think, it should be fairly obvious what it's made from through looking at it, but I'm impressed that you actually spent the time to type out the instructions.

Haha, I just wanted to share something to the community. I hate UFOs pretty much too, but since this was not raised up in any of the topics here, I decided to create a topic for UFOs.

Also, so far I have ever encountered, the best way to win against such beyblades is to use a pure, aggressive upper attacker. One such customization is as follows:

AR: Upper Dragoon
WD: 10 Heavy
BB: Grip Base

The BB can be switched for a Neo Right SG with Heavy Metal Core (included with Takara's version of Metal Driger), together with the Storm Grip Base. However, I dislike using this is because the rubber tip of the Storm Grip Base tends to run out quickly.

Note that using this Upper Attack customization does not guarantee a sure win, but it does dramatically improve the chances of winning from 0.00001% to 5%, provided that you must pull the ripcord with all of your strength.
Jos Wrote:Note that using this Upper Attack customization does not guarantee a sure win, but it does dramatically improve the chances of winning from 0.00001% to 5%, provided that you must pull the ripcord with all of your strength.

How true, I was going to point out the futility of this strategy until you pointed it out yourself.

By the way, why did it drop down when HMS appeared? Was HMS capable of defeating it, or was it banned? I know at that period of time I was too busy with my work to participate in tournements much.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Jos Wrote:Note that using this Upper Attack customization does not guarantee a sure win, but it does dramatically improve the chances of winning from 0.00001% to 5%, provided that you must pull the ripcord with all of your strength.

How true, I was going to point out the futility of this strategy until you pointed it out yourself.

By the way, why did it drop down when HMS appeared? Was HMS capable of defeating it, or was it banned? I know at that period of time I was too busy with my work to participate in tournements much.

My guess is that HMS blades are capable of defeating those UFO beyblades. Furthermore, during the time when the HMS beyblades are released, beyblades are becoming alot less popular then, so do the number of tournaments organized.

From what I still can recall, the weekly tournaments organized by the hobby store that I often participated in stopped 2 weeks after the release of the first HMS series (Dragoon MS, Draciel MS, Driger MS, Strata Dragoon MS). What I also knew was that Dranzer MS was released much later than the above 4 HMS beyblades.

Of course, UFOs are banned at the tournaments organized by that hobby store (I can still remember that I said this somewhere).
I also realized that this customization was dropped! But I was not bothered by the UFO beyblades. They are boring and are just like the traditional spinning top games where players try to outlast each other...
Z Wrote:I also realized that this customization was dropped! But I was not bothered by the UFO beyblades. They are boring and are just like the traditional spinning top games where players try to outlast each other...

Yeah, exactly. That's why I gave up on local tournements until HMS era when I realized they stopped using it. But by then I was too busy.
Tamer Brad Wrote:IF ANYONE HERE DOES THIS, YOU'RE A GODDAMN MORON

qft

I can't understand why anyone would want to do this to any of their Beyblades. Why is this even being discussed? It's such a dumb idea, especially considering the useful parts you'd be sacrificing.