Mar

IT'S TIME TO RIP IT!

Toronto, Ontario
High Park Nature Centre
1873 Bloor St W
  Meet at the east veranda of the High Park Nature Centre (the side that doesn't have the accessibility ramp).
11:00 AM on 03/30/2019
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst Classic

Selected Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
6 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

MUST READ:
BURST CLASSIC FORMAT – PARTS BAN LIST IN EFFECT

In Burst Classic Format, there are some part restrictions in effect that all players must be aware of. This format is ongoing and the list may change before the event date. You can view the most up to date list below:

Join us on Saturday, March 30th, 2019 for a Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament at High Park for Toronto’s first tournament using the WBO’s new experimental Burst Classic Format!

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. Registration begins at 11:00AM. We will finish registration at around 12:00PM and will begin the tournament shortly thereafter. Thank you!

If you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page! See you all there!

We'll be playing outside within the covered east veranda shelter at the High Park Nature Centre (Google Maps will show you where it is). The east veranda is the side without the accessibility ramp. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here!

Here are some pictures showing the route you should take to arrive at the tournament location if you are entering the park from the Bloor St W. entrance.

Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for your tournament matches!

Have a BeyStadium? Bring it!
We will be bringing stadiums for this event, but more are always welcome! Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

Not sure what to expect?
Check out footage from some of our previous events that took place at High Park. More can be watched on Beyblade Channel!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Mar. 24, 2019  4:18 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: @[Kei] is that Dragoon Fighter or Dragoon Fantom?

If it's Fantom, just as a heads up, $7 for Dragoon Fantom is an incredible deal. It's an incredibly good layer in classic format and you can't get it for less than $20 on Ebay. Do not hesitate, buy it. I imagine Kei won't ship to MD or I'd get one myself. Smile

Which is why I figure he probably means Fighter.
Nah bro, it's Fantom. Fighter doesn't have any recolors.
Well then I totally want one.
(Mar. 24, 2019  4:18 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: @[Kei] is that Dragoon Fighter or Dragoon Fantom?

If it's Fantom, just as a heads up, $7 for Dragoon Fantom is an incredible deal. It's an incredibly good layer in classic format and you can't get it for less than $20 on Ebay. Do not hesitate, buy it. I imagine Kei won't ship to MD or I'd get one myself. Smile

Nope, he means Fantom.
Guys I managed to find to other stools at Walmart for the judging. I hope you'll like them!

Dragoon Fantom, the purple one from BG-10. I was in Japan when it came out and got a ton of them ... and then came home and had a package with like five additional full BG-10 sets I forgot I had pre-ordered months prior.

And sorry, you're right ... I only sell at our local tournaments in Toronto!

To be fair, if it's really worth that much now I might have to increase my price a little bit haha (although, certainly far below $20 as that is ridiculous). I hadn't really checked what it was going for since last year.
Are you guys going to sell Ace dragon
Hey guys! As this is a Burst Classic event happening this weekend, I just wanted to make sure today's God Layer ruling was noticed by all participants;

(Mar. 28, 2019  12:40 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Layer Bans Update - God Layers Banned

The following Layers are now banned from use in Burst Classic format:
  • Cognite C3 (Hasbro only)
  • God Valkyrie/Genesis Valtryek V3/Strike Valtryek V3
  • Guardian Kerbeus (TT only)
  • Killer Deathscyther/Doomscizor D3
  • Kreis Satan/Satomb S3

I'm aware that this leaves some of you with a mere two days to prepare for this event, especially if you were relying on some of these Layers to be able to play. Before pushing this ruling live, I did speak to @[Kei] and @[OldSchool™] to ensure that they have spare Classic-suitable Beyblades for anyone who needs to borrow them for this event, so don't fret if this ruling impacts you!

Thanks guys!
Just to be clear. No frames at all?
(Mar. 28, 2019  1:38 AM)NiallI Wrote: Just to be clear. No frames at all?

No frames or Core Disks
No frames because core disks (the numbered forge discs, which can have frames), are banned.
Didn’t see wolburg/wolf on the list.
(Mar. 28, 2019  2:07 AM)NiallI Wrote: Didn’t see wolburg/wolf on the list.

Currently not banned Joyful_3
I do find it surprising that the GTdrivers are allowed. Also going through the list did I see xtreme prime is allowed?
(Mar. 28, 2019  2:38 AM)NiallI Wrote: I do find it surprising that the GTdrivers are allowed. Also going through the list  did I see xtreme prime is allowed?

X’ is allowedSmile
(Mar. 27, 2019  11:58 AM)Aigasrage Wrote: Are you guys going to sell Ace dragon
I will have a few for sale. First come first served. so come early! Joyful_3

(Mar. 28, 2019  2:38 AM)NiallI Wrote: I do find it surprising that the GTdrivers are allowed. Also going through the list did I see xtreme prime is allowed?
We don't expect the current 3 GT drivers to impact the meta much. We will see on Saturday Smile
Changes will be made accordingly as more Classic tourneys are held Wink
Wow, there seems to be a lot of people coming for a classic since most of the bladers got into burst later on in the series
(Mar. 28, 2019  3:23 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2019  11:58 AM)Aigasrage Wrote: Are you guys going to sell Ace dragon 
How much is ace dragon
I've had a fever since tuesday that hasn't really let up so I'm not sure that standing outside all day saturday is a good idea. I'm in the area so I might still try to come by for a bit but I think I'm going to have to drop out of actually competing Unhappy
(Mar. 29, 2019  4:22 AM)Minion Wrote: I've had a fever since tuesday that hasn't really let up so I'm not sure that standing outside all day saturday is a good idea. I'm in the area so I might still try to come by for a bit but I think I'm going to have to drop out of actually competing Unhappy

Nooooo. Unhappy I hope you feel better soon!
Guys, I managed to find some stools for judging at my local Walmart. I'm bringing them to the tournament so I hope you like them! I made sure they're high enough so you don't have to look over your knees to judge.
sorry i can't go
(Mar. 29, 2019  12:18 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Guys, I managed to find some stools for judging at my local Walmart. I'm bringing them to the tournament so I hope you like them! I made sure they're high enough so you don't have to look over your knees to judge.

That's awesome! We very much appreciate it! Joyful_3
Who will be selling beyblades?
What bets do you guys have for sale, and what are the prices

also if I use a bey that belongs to the organizers, can I still win?
You can still win with a borrowed bey.