IMPORTANT UPDATE DATE CHANGE-IBA Presents- Battle Of The Boroughs! NJ/NY

Maz Wrote:I mean parents can get upset thinking that everyone will be young and then find out that most of the players are older.

Which kind of reminds me:

If/When the younger players battle, will they recieve handicaps or something? Just a random thought, since there's a big strength difference between an 8-year-old and a 17-year-old. :\
No they won't.

Edit: By the way I'm only assuming that to be the case. My logic is since there is not age restrictions in the IBA rules everyone is on the same playing field and no one gets and advantages over others. Brad if you wana confirm my assumption that would be cool thanks.
Hopefully this won't happen cuz I don't want to end up with a 10-year old and win easily. I would end up feeling guilty afterwards.
Younger kids most likely wont understand the logic in beyblade and so wont have a very good customized beyblade anyways, so they are already at a disadvantage.
well i customized his beyblade for him so he wont go down that easily. he has already beaten me ounce or twice.
rockblade2012 Wrote:well i customized his beyblade for him so he wont go down that easily. he has already beaten me ounce or twice.

Well right, but spin velocity is also a big decider in Beybattles, and I only brought up the handicap thing because, no matter how good your little brother's blade is, if he's up against a 17-year-old, the spin velocities will be worlds different and the skill level will be uneven.

Whatever, the handicap question has been answered so...yeah.
I seriously doubt anyone would get a handicap because of young players. How would one even get handicaped?
There'd be ways to give handicaps, but that's a pretty horrible idea.

Some kids are just smarter and more talented than others kids, and giving handicaps to a general age-group could result in unfair advantages to the younger players who are actually really good.

Getting slaughtered by an 8 year old would be bad enough, but getting slaughtered faster because they have a handicap would be ridiculous.
There are no age handicaps.
Bey Brad Wrote:There are no age handicaps.

Yea there will be nno handicap. It would be unfair for us older bladers. The weather seems like it will be nice on saturday. Will everyone be arriving at 2?
yeah ill be there at 2.
What are the percentages for the prize money gonna be?
Yeah, I'll be there on time.
Off corse!
Why do you plan on attending?
Well Im certianly going to try and make my friend join this site and try and drag her along! <3
Awesome.
You only have 2 days to do the convincing lol.
Where would you be coming from?
Yeah I know but I also might have a reason to head up to NY anyways! XD And I would be coming from Florida =/
That's realy far.
I would never go that far for a fan turney.
Lol well I normaly wouldnt but I would be my first tourny and I hardly ever met other bladers. Plus I have sick and pregant family in NY I would like to vist afterwords
well I'm asuming your flying down?
Because if your driving you beter start now =P
XD I know well its 16 hours none stop driving so I wont be to bad even if we do drive, but I would think we would be driving with the gass prices so high
Well if you do come, the more the better.
Yeah! I bet <3 I have a bad feeling its a no, but I wont know till I get her reply