IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Massive changes to the BeyPoint System

(Jul. 01, 2009  9:01 PM)dussy Wrote: how come you are doing this? I just started today!
and wut is a bladers passport and how do U get one?

http://worldbeyblade.org/subscribe.php
(Jul. 01, 2009  9:01 PM)dussy Wrote: how come you are doing this? I just started today!

*sigh* This is being done because of cheaters and here is the link about the passport which wouldn't have been to hard to find.

Edit: Blitz beat me. Unhappy

If you actually read the post, you'll see why we are doing this ...
how can blading be about points rankings hhmm blading fun sport to train believe hope for the best rules might protect policies etc thus also limit but it is true blading without honor is foul meek and disables your potential so whatever laters phnx out
(Jul. 01, 2009  6:58 PM)Lyger26 Wrote: hmm u have a point there, well it was worth a shot, oh well i guess we all have to get use to the new system.
isee your passionate truly for blading you remind me of myself except your positive well then accept your challenge as soon order a starter set comes with launcher thus novice sister pardon hmm got booster instead hmm thats life gives me more time increase my body in mind spirit oh always with heart shut like raging fist
^

Um...What?
stop taking the mick or ill kill U with my driger ms!
(Jul. 01, 2009  9:10 PM)phnx3.14vrhmm Wrote: how can blading be about points rankings hhmm blading fun sport to train believe hope for the best rules might protect policies etc thus also limit but it is true blading without honor is foul meek and disables your potential so whatever laters phnx out

isee your passionate truly for blading you remind me of myself except your positive well then accept your challenge as soon order a starter set comes with launcher thus novice sister pardon hmm got booster instead hmm thats life gives me more time increase my body in mind spirit oh always with heart shut like raging fist

Chocked_2 what?
and you will cry cos ill split ur blade in two!
thats true,thats true;
Dussy, please don't respond unless you have something to say about this news.
0.0 What did I miss? If you guys need a paypal, I've got one I can use. And as for tournaments, I was just glad I actually found people who like blading a much as I do in my city. I honestly don't care if they are recorded or not. I'll know how good I am when I get to AN next year. I was somewhat dissappointed in us having to do this as well, but I honestly can't think of a better, easier way to stop cheating. We can always just play for fun. Wink
EDIT: BTW, totally missed that this was a new topic, thought this was the limit we had before, lol.
Everybody loves you pichu ^^

Myself included.
EDIT: Ummmm, I got this confused with the last Beypoint updat thread. >>
Everthing I said still stands, though. Really wish we didn't have to do this. Sorta takes the fun out of it. Ugh, guess we won't be having a tournament here anytime soon. Also, I don't see how this helps anything, it's counterproductive. How much cheating was really going on?

*cries* What about Anubis's wins? He may not make in to AN next year. Unhappy
EDIT again: Also, I feel pretty stupid for adding all those free battles Monday for nothing. Will never get those two hours back.
(Jul. 01, 2009  9:32 PM)dussy Wrote: and you will cry cos ill split ur blade in two!
thats true,thats true;
As much as I hate spamming, lmfao...
I'm glad that the beypoint system has ended up going on this direction, grinding was a pointless way of upping your points, since it was in no way a reflection of how good a blader you actually were.
It'll be nice if prizes can be gained from this, by people who actually deserve them from this point onwards.
(Jun. 30, 2009  10:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hey World Bladers.

I'm not too happy to be writing this, but unfortunately, cheating for BeyPoints has not ceased despite repeated warnings and constant efforts to police the system. We want this to be fair as possible to everyone, but we cannot keep constant tabs on all the cheaters, and a few bad apples can spoil the bunch.
who would do this its post to be fun not to see whos the best.
(Jul. 02, 2009  3:39 AM)kai12 Wrote: who would do this its post to be fun not to see whos the best.
... Beypoints rank people so ... yes ? Of course we should not be bitter or vicious in our beybattles, however they are essentially recorded so you can see how you perform compared to other players ...
(Jul. 01, 2009  11:40 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: *cries* What about Anubis's wins? He may not make in to AN next year. Unhappy

I plan on making AN next year for sure.
(Jul. 01, 2009  11:40 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: EDIT: Ummmm, I got this confused with the last Beypoint updat thread. >>
Everthing I said still stands, though. Really wish we didn't have to do this. Sorta takes the fun out of it. Ugh, guess we won't be having a tournament here anytime soon. Also, I don't see how this helps anything, it's counterproductive. How much cheating was really going on?

*cries* What about Anubis's wins? He may not make in to AN next year. Unhappy
EDIT again: Also, I feel pretty stupid for adding all those free battles Monday for nothing. Will never get those two hours back.

You don't see how this helps anything? So have you just ignored every post in this thread so far? Why the hell even bother earning BeyPoints if it's so easy to get them, and to cheat to get them? There was a lot of cheating going on, but worse than that, I got sick of suspecting every single new member with wins of cheating. The constant requirement of monitoring every account is simply too much.

How does this make those two hours "wasted"? Did you not have fun playing Beyblade for the sake of it? If not, why are you playing at all?

What about Anubis' wins? Most of them were in a tournament, which we already said, was going to be added back into the new system. I can't take your complaints seriously when you very obviously didn't read this carefully.

As I said, entering an unofficial tournament in Japan costs almost as much as a one year Passport subscription. How many games have free unofficial tournaments with a worldwide ranking system and prizes? What we're doing here is unprecedented, but no, heaven forbid you be asked to give a little back in return for countless hours and money spent in your favour. Heaven forbid anyone separate you from your precious ten dollars. Frankly, I don't see it as my problem that none of your friends want to pay the ten dollars necessary. If it's that big of a deal to them they really don't belong on a competitive Beyblade ranking anyway.

I'll be honest: I take these complaints as little more than a severe amount of ingratitude and sense of entitlement. You are not owed anything by the WBO. We work hard for nothing so people can have fun playing Beyblade, and yet you call us petty when we do what we can to prevent cheaters from overrunning the scoreboards. If you don't want to meet the requirements, don't play for BP. I'm seriously beyond caring what whiners think. We made a tough decision and either respect it or don't use BP. The decision won't be reversed.

I realize that this post represents a severe lack of composure on my part, but I've honestly had enough. I am reminded of reasons why I closed my previous Beyblade site now. Nobody will ever appreciate anything you do unless you ask nothing in return.

I am not your slave. If you take that much issue with what we're doing, you're free to leave. Being a member of the WBO is a privilege, not a right, nor an obligation.
I am honestly ashamed of how many of you are reacting. So many of you are acting like spoiled children when what Brad and the committee are trying to do is actually improve the community in the long run and fix a system that was being massively abused. From what I'm seeing, many of you want things to stay the same, and allow the current Beypoints system to continue to fester and buckle under all of the abuse and cheating that was going on.
None of you still have any idea for what Brad has done for this community, and what he has continued to do and it is absolutely disgusting.

He single-handedly revived the Bey community after deciding some years ago that he didn't want to be involved to this degree again because it took a huge amount of work, time, and tears. I have watched him rebuild this community from day one and everything he has done has been out of a desire and drive to help the community and push the game forward. He does this because he loves the game. Not for any sense of personal entitlement or other gains, but out of pure love, and what you petulant children are doing here is taking everything he's done and telling him it's not enough, that you don't like what he's doing, that you want things to stay the same.

I live with Brad. I know exactly how hard he works on the WBO, how much he puts into it. He is working on it for quite literally nearly every waking hour. He is constantly making little changes to make things run more smoothly and make the site more enjoyable that he gets zero thanks for. Hell, I doubt any of you even notice.
He has put thousands of dollars out of his own pocket into building this community, and countless hundreds of hours.

All he is asking is that you wait for the new Beypoints system to be implemented. All he asks is for you to be patient while he works out the kinks in the new system. All he is asking is for you to help cover the bare minimum costs that this site and community require.

10$ for a year of tournaments is not, in any way, unreasonable when you remember that the cost of the BWR prizes alone was more than 600$. Consider how many other events he must provide the prizes for, consider how much it costs for him to have things like the Beypoints system custom programmed. Every single donation he gets goes right back into the WBO. Most of the money he gets from sales goes into the WBO. He has invested almost everything he has into this community out of love.

And this is what he gets in return.
Annie, reading your post if it includes me, then well your right. Unhappy Sorry dude. Once I get the money I'll look into a Passport. Smile
(Jul. 02, 2009  10:18 AM)Giga Wrote: Annie, reading your post if it includes me, then well your right. Unhappy Sorry dude. Once I get the money I'll look into a Passport. Smile

I don't think she was referring to you, and I can't seriously suggest that someone buy a Passport unless they feel it's beneficial for them. I'm not asking anyone to throw money at me, I'm asking people to pay enough for services we're providing so that we can at least break even. Right now, members are paying for prizes for their own tournaments out of pocket and I'd like to be able to reimburse them a bit, in addition to the costs to keep the WBO going.

I've never felt you to be ungrateful, at least.
(Jul. 01, 2009  11:40 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: EDIT: Ummmm, I got this confused with the last Beypoint updat thread. >>

Pichuscute, along with every other post with complaints,

I really would like to know how helping out a site which brings in little to no revenue, expands, evolves, rewards, and accommodates it's members is taking the fun out of beyblading. Our site is the only site promoting competitive beyblading World Wide currently for all ages, and Brad himself has put in unfathomable work to make it possible.

Everything we do has the interest of EVERY member in mind. We don't just make decisions on a whim, everything is carefully thought out, planned, and done with meticulous detail to make sure that all players have as best an opportunity to have fun in a balanced and competitive environment.

What Brad has done is only in the best interest of what's he's been doing for months on end, and that's trying to make sure that everything is done right for YOU, and everyone else.

$10.00 isn't much money at all, Brad, out of pocket has to pay more than that annually to keep everything going. I know that if you can afford beyblades, fast food, or any form of entertainment, then this is nothing. All official competitive games I know of charge fees for entering tournaments every time you enter . We are not even asking that. We are just asking for a small fee that will not only help support the WBO, but also keep the game balanced for all of us.

We aren't trying to sap the fun out of the game, we're trying to enhance it. Please try to understand that. It shouldn't be that hard to understand. What reason after all the work that's been put in for you would we have to start doing things to cause harm to something we've all wanted to make work as well as possible?
I have been watching this thread unfold over the week. I won't make this post too long. I stand by Brad and his decision. I have no problem with what he has decided. Asking $10 isn't all that, especially when you still have users such as myself and Anu donating $10+ dollars on top of the annual $10 Blader Passport fee. Aksing $5 (£3) for tournament entry isn't that much of a hardship either. It's terrible that you people complain, after all the effort we have put in running and organising tournaments and Brad running this fabulous website for you. He is only asking for $10 a year. You will be paying around 84 cents a month. We need to pull together to make this a success!

If your not willing to pay the $10 then your obviously not serious enough to compete competitively.
And not to mention Brad has to pay for this site so you shouldnt expect to get everything for free, some of you people are so immature. I can earn £6 in 3 weeks. Everyone in this thread is older than me so you should be able to earn that money faster. And if you dont have a paypal account simply ask your parents.

And also if you dont want to pay money, watch WBO run out of money, shutdown and see whos fault it was. Smile

I'll be getting my blader passport in 2 days.
Didn't mean my post to sound so against you guys..... And obviously there's some missunderstandingds going on. First of all, @ Brad, the two hours I meant were the hours I took recording the beypoints. The tournamnets are always fun, and I would never go just to win and get beypoints. It's no fun if there's no competitiion.

Also, I've had my passport. I bought as soon as I could. 10$ isn't that much.

My retarded edits (I edited like 5 times while reading through the thread), made my post sound horrible. I understand and agree with you having to do this, but I'm very dissappointed. I wish people wouldn't have cheated Unhappy

My reasoning, though, was that this won't get new members get into the system very well. I believe Pepe had said something similar. Also, what about the younger members that can't get paypal's because their parents wouldn't let them? Will the 5$ fee still stand for non-passport members/new members? How will you go about recording wins against people that don't have passports, if you do (or not?)? I believe you weren't that specific in the first post about this, but I never went back to check, so I apolize if you were.

Finally, I apolize about my last post, there was a bunch of afterthoughts mixed in there that made the post sound pretty bad/stupid. I'm really sorry if you felt that I was being ungrateful, I never meant to be. I always respect all the hard work you put into this site (same goes for all Committee members) and I try to help support it whenever I can. I'm really sorry if I offended you guys. Unhappy
Quote:Also, what about the younger members that can't get paypal's because their parents wouldn't let them? Will the 5$ fee still stand for non-passport members/new members? How will you go about recording wins against people that don't have passports, if you do (or not?)?

If they can't get Paypal, they can still buy a WBO Passport at any WBO event with cash.

If you don't have a Passport, you will have to pay $5 for any tournament you enter.

Battles in a tournament will still be recorded the exact same way they always have been ...