"I don't understand how [Insert part name] does [Insert effect in battle]"

So as it turns out I'm an idiot who doesn't understand physics, and I have no idea how free-spin ball drivers such as O, At, and Yd add burst resistance, and I figured I'd make a thread for everyone else who don't understand parts. Speaking of not knowing things, I don't know how to end a post. K bye
lower friction = more burst resistance
is vl better than hold, and if so, how?
(Mar. 20, 2018  5:02 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: is vl better than hold, and if so, how?

From what I can tell from videos, no

They both are hard to control and Volcanic isn't anywhere near as fast. For procession, Hold's wider plate would be better as it is more stable
I don't understand what procession is.
(Mar. 20, 2018  10:25 PM)ptf606 Wrote: I don't understand what procession is.

What's just before Life-After-Death, when the Driver is just about to tip over but is still spinning without the Disk/Layer touching the stadium. The biggest examples are Revolve, Hold and Atomic
I don't understand how Wedge is supposed to be good for
(Mar. 25, 2018  3:08 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: I don't understand how Wedge is supposed to be good for

Metal is very low friction, less than even Yielding's POM. However, any stamina benefit from the low friction is nullified by how unbalanced it is
Okay, I know this isn't asking how it works, but why is Yell called... "Yell"?
(Apr. 06, 2018  4:26 AM)TreeJay Wrote: Okay, I know this isn't asking how it works, but why is Yell called... "Yell"?

Takara tomy and names.......

We need to make a thread on names like this!
I thought what I was wondering about could be shaped to fit this thread. I apologize if this is instead too off base.

I don't understand why Cross is considered better at life-after-death than Glaive. Glaive's shape seems to be at least very good for left-spin beys, and it seems to be rather popular in winning combos still. Seems to be listed more often than Cross, from what I've noticed.

Could someone shed a bit more light on that for me?
(Apr. 06, 2018  7:31 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I thought what I was wondering about could be shaped to fit this thread. I apologize if this is instead too off base.

I don't understand why Cross is considered better at life-after-death than Glaive. Glaive's shape seems to be at least very good for left-spin beys, and it seems to be rather popular in winning combos still. Seems to be listed more often than Cross, from what I've noticed.

The overall shape of Cross has greater stamina, and Glaive has a somewhat oval shape, which make it less smooth spinning in LAD.
(Apr. 06, 2018  7:31 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I thought what I was wondering about could be shaped to fit this thread. I apologize if this is instead too off base.

For some odd reason, Glaive does not want to roll, it wants slide which reduces LAD. It's still very much comparable to Cross though and us second best

I think what's actually happened in terms of the Glaive vs Cross discussion is that people originally discovered Glaive being good for LAD with the left spin Drain Fafnir, and assumed that transferred over to right spin LAD as well (which it doesn't, because of the Frame's shape). After Kei learned in Japan that players were using 7 on their right spin combos without a Frame, people discovered Glaive was bad in right spin, and around the time, a few people brought up how Cross was better than Glaive for LAD in right spin. So now people seem to thing Cross is better in both directions.
(Apr. 07, 2018  3:53 AM)Wombat Wrote:

I think what's actually happened in terms of the Glaive vs Cross discussion is that people originally discovered Glaive being good for LAD with the left spin Drain Fafnir, and assumed that transferred over to right spin LAD as well (which it doesn't, because of the Frame's shape). After Kei learned in Japan that players were using 7 on their right spin combos without a Frame, people discovered Glaive was bad in right spin, and around the time, a few people brought up how Cross was better than Glaive for LAD in right spin. So now people seem to thing Cross is better in both directions.

I mean, I've tested it myself, Cross really does do better in both directions. I think the main reason why people didn't realize at first was because Atomic was being used so much, you can forgo frames when using Atomic and the overall LAD time doesn't change much because Atomic makes up about 95% of that time. I had to use Flugel which had no LAD to properly compare between Glaive and Cross
(Apr. 07, 2018  4:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I mean, I've tested it myself, Cross really does do better in both directions. I think the main reason why people didn't realize at first was because Atomic was being used so much, you can forgo frames when using Atomic and the overall LAD time doesn't change much because Atomic makes up about 95% of that time. I had to use Flugel which had no LAD to properly compare between Glaive and Cross

Well yeah, if you're using Flugel, Cross is probably better just because Survive-sized tips transition really well into Cross (a while back I tried to see if dF.2C.G was any good because of this, but Gyro is actually slightly wider). The shape, width, and angle of the tip is going to change its angle of precession and how smoothly it transitions into the Disk/Frame (which is why Polish Yielding works so well but Polish Revolve doesn't). Generally speaking, on most popular precession/LAD Drivers Glaive outperforms Cross in left spin, except for maybe Revolve (but in that case you'd probably just be using 7 without a frame).
(Apr. 07, 2018  7:18 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2018  4:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I mean, I've tested it myself, Cross really does do better in both directions. I think the main reason why people didn't realize at first was because Atomic was being used so much, you can forgo frames when using Atomic and the overall LAD time doesn't change much because Atomic makes up about 95% of that time. I had to use Flugel which had no LAD to properly compare between Glaive and Cross

Well yeah, if you're using Flugel, Cross is probably better just because Survive-sized tips transition really well into Cross (a while back I tried to see if dF.2C.G was any good because of this, but Gyro is actually slightly wider). The shape, width, and angle of the tip is going to change its angle of precession and how smoothly it transitions into the Disk/Frame (which is why Polish Yielding works so well but Polish Revolve doesn't). Generally speaking, on most popular precession/LAD Drivers Glaive outperforms Cross in left spin, except for maybe Revolve (but in that case you'd probably just be using 7 without a frame).

Tried the tests again, this time with Accel for a different angle of transition. Same result, Cross beat out Glaive in both spin directions
Oof I have another one: How is Limited supposed to work? By the shape, I'm thinking it creates air resistance for KO defense?
(May. 02, 2018  5:23 AM)TreeJay Wrote: Oof I have another one: How is Limited supposed to work? By the shape, I'm thinking it creates air resistance for KO defense?

Limited acts as a light weight balance disc with weight concentration in center to support defence types. And more of it, press had pretty good KO defence, until it got simply outclassed
I can't understand how yard works.
Especially its ring.
(Sep. 22, 2018  9:53 AM)pegasus0000 Wrote: I can't understand how yard works.
Especially its ring.

yard has a free spinning Ball, That allows it to move around the stadium without losing much stamina. and It Scrapes- A stamina Nightmare eh, But It Increases Defence
(Sep. 22, 2018  9:53 AM)pegasus0000 Wrote: I can't understand how yard works.
Especially its ring.
Well the ring is supposed to touch the surface when the beyblade is struck and helps it to get back in position. In other words to cause friction and reduce chances of KO.
(Mar. 19, 2018  7:21 AM)TreeJay Wrote: So as it turns out I'm an idiot who doesn't understand physics, and I have no idea how free-spin ball drivers such as O, At, and Yd add burst resistance, and I figured I'd make a thread for everyone else who don't understand parts. Speaking of not knowing things, I don't know how to end a post. K bye

I think that the free spinning ball causes them to roll when hit by another Beyblade This means that the hit is converted to movement. If the driver had high friction however then the Beyblade layer would absorb all of the energy from the hit and be more likely to burst.
@[TreeJay], well for drivers like Atomic, Yard and Orbit, when they're hit, they roll back a little and reduce the amount of force applied to the layer, and will roll back into the centre. If it was a heavy or higher friction tip, the layer would take the hits full force as the tip creates more resistance. This forces the layer to absorb the hits more.

As for Limited, I think the idea is that the four gaps on it is meant to be the weight of the disk being pressed to nearer the centre, sort of like Central with it's weight, limiting the weight distribution to nearer the centre, hence it's name "Limited".
(Sep. 22, 2018  4:29 PM)Jinbee Wrote: @[TreeJay], well for drivers like Atomic, Yard and Orbit, when they're hit, they roll back a little and reduce the amount of force applied to the layer, and will roll back into the centre. If it was a heavy or higher friction tip, the layer would take the hits full force as the tip creates more resistance. This forces the layer to absorb the hits more.

As for Limited, I think the idea is that the four gaps on it is meant to be the weight of the disk being pressed to nearer the centre, sort of like Central with it's weight, limiting the weight distribution to nearer the centre, hence it's name "Limited".

I have always wanted to have the Orbit/Atomic thing known more publicly. Also, do note that the ball in Yard acts weird a lot of the time, since it gets stuck in certain positions due to the seam.