How to Edit and Create Articles on the Wiki

OH I forgot that Im going to fix that right now
(Sep. 30, 2010  11:26 AM)Moss Wrote: Fixed the Sagitario,Pegasis,Bull and Leone articles.

For the fourth time ...

(Apr. 25, 2010  4:55 AM)Kei Wrote: This thread is supposed to be for questions about editing and creating articles on the wiki (as the title says lol), so please redirect any minor corrections or small updates you wish to post to these threads:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Errors-on-the-wiki
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beywiki-...ki-Updates

I'll have to warn the next person who uses this thread for wiki updates.
hey guys. i didnt think this needed its own thread, so i hope this is the appropriete spot

I think we need to make major improvements to the Attack, Defense, Endurance/Stamina/Survival, and Combination/Balance articles. They all lack very important and specific information. For example, each page should list what uncustomized beys are what type

Ex. for Attack Page (in wiki format)

==List of Attack Types==

=Plastic=
•(list all plastic attack types)

=HMS=
•(list all HMS attack types)

=MFB= (i guess Pre-HWS as well)
•(list all MFB attack types)

i would also do a section for each generation of beyblade and describe that types role in that generation, top tier combos from that gen of that type, launching techniques for that gen and type, etc.

what do you all think? i think they would be much more informative this way
Types for uncustomized Beyblades are already in their articles. We could just try to write more articles ...
(Oct. 15, 2010  9:03 PM)Leonwind Wrote: i would also do a section for each generation of beyblade and describe that types role in that generation, top tier combos from that gen of that type, launching techniques for that gen and type, etc.

This is an interesting idea, but unfortunately there is not many members who have the advanced knowledge (and writing skills) to write such a thing. Perhaps in the future.
thanks Kei =D ya i get it. i wish i still had my old beys...i
could done that in a heartbeat for ya...but like i said, i
understand

Kai-V: yes but it would be good to have a list just for attack types or just for
defense types, etc

if we do that, then more cateagory pages will probobly be made as well. it is good
for organization and excessability
(Oct. 16, 2010  12:09 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2010  9:03 PM)Leonwind Wrote: i would also do a section for each generation of beyblade and describe that types role in that generation, top tier combos from that gen of that type, launching techniques for that gen and type, etc.

This is an interesting idea, but unfortunately there is not many members who have the advanced knowledge (and writing skills) to write such a thing. Perhaps in the future.

I could potentially do it for plastics, although my lack of a TB/TA could be problematic.
really Mcfrown? Thanks =D. whatever info you have is beter than what we have now for those pages. I really appreciate this
You know, I've looked through the articles on the beywiki, and some of the things they say are kinda harsh. do you guys even take into consideration that there are people who don't buy beys for parts?, because most of those articles act like a bey is only good if you can use it's parts for good combos. I mean, what about the casual player who perhaps buys a bey because they like the way it looks are likes the character who uses it in the anime? for example, Rock Leone's article says that it's got mostly outclassed parts, but for me, it's tied with Earth Eagle as my best bey. I'm just saying that maybe the beywiki should take the casual blader into account as well as competitive bladers. I don't mean to instigate anything
(Nov. 15, 2010  8:15 AM)MaskedPhoenix Wrote: I mean, what about the casual player who perhaps buys a bey because they like the way it looks are likes the character who uses it in the anime? for example, Rock Leone's article says that it's got mostly outclassed parts, but for me, it's tied with Earth Eagle as my best bey. I'm just saying that maybe the beywiki should take the casual blader into account as well as competitive bladers. I don't mean to instigate anything

I don't understand this.

If you want to buy a Beyblade because of how it looks, or who uses it, then go ahead and buy it? If you think that Rock Leone 145WB is one of your best Beyblades, then what does it matter what Beywiki says? There are literally thousands of people out there who are using Beywiki as an information source, but if you want to make your own decisions on purchases, then all the more power to you.

The Beywiki is a resource for competitive players; we can't make judgements on its aesthetics, because it's completely subjective. The competitive use of a Beyblade is not, and hence it is documented. The point of a wiki is to be entirely objective, so we can't make opinionated remarks about the way it looks.
You might think something like Flame Libra is good, but all of its parts are extremely outclassed and that is a fact*. If it has any subtle use in a good combination, then it will be mentioned, but as an encyclopedia you cannot publish lies.

* That we are not "hiding behind" and that actually come from extensive testing.
alright, go on with the way you're doing, and I'll choose to use TT and Hasbro as the authoritative source for Beyblade because I want to, and buy whatever beyblade products I want by my own choice
If everybody is happy then everything is cool.
I have reworded and edited the Bull125SF article.
(Nov. 16, 2010  11:16 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I have reworded and edited the Bull125SF article.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Editing-...#pid370687
(Nov. 16, 2010  11:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2010  11:16 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I have reworded and edited the Bull125SF article.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Editing-...#pid370687

Sorry, I should have read the previous posts. Maybe now the "disclaimer" text could be removed in the near future if the quality is approved.
Just modified the title of this thread and added a note to the OP to help clarify that this thread is not for updates or error fixes. Hopefully no one else makes the mistake of posting either of those things again ...
Who erased the rock part then wrote about the appearance? Someone also erased the storm part and just said that storm is outclassed.
"The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups emailconfirmed, Sysops." How do I fix this?
(Jan. 16, 2011  11:33 AM)ldragolightning Wrote: "The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups emailconfirmed, Sysops." How do I fix this?
Have you signed up on Beywiki ?
I want to write an article for every new bey that you guys never bothered to make. Like more season 1 beys... season 2 and 3,. Bu it says only Sysops can? How can I be a sysop?
(Nov. 15, 2010  9:57 PM)MaskedPhoenix Wrote: I'll choose to use TT and Hasbro as the authoritative source for Beyblade because I want to, and buy whatever beyblade products I want by my own choice

Screw it. Listen to TT and NOT HASBRO. they make everything sound cool just for the sake of they think beyblades are for little kids. So if you want info... listen to TT and not Hasbro.
(May. 21, 2011  4:32 AM)UberTaichi Wrote: I want to write an article for every new bey that you guys never bothered to make. Like more season 1 beys... season 2 and 3,. Bu it says only Sysops can? How can I be a sysop?

Post the draft in this forum before. If it is good enough, it will be added.
You guys mind if I have a shot at updating the tracks list? It's horribly out of date, and I've got every track that's missing on there. I might even be able to do photos when I have time. I promise to not write essay-length descriptions Tongue_out

The only problems I have are navigating our damn weights threads (they need a fix-up/to be moved into a single post), and what to do in the "Beyblades:" section of things like DF105, that were only released in URS/Limited beys.

Also, what do I do for things that have very little testing, such as V145/UW145/SW145.

For the record, V145 is pretty ineffective in either mode (it's pretty small width-wise) and there are far better choices, like H145, SW145, BD145, etc.

For UW145, we don't really have a consensus on it's usefulness, every so often someone has a decent combo with it, but it's never really been great, so I'm not sure what to say re: it's usefulness and what the hell it does Uncertain

SW145 works quite well for attack, in attack mode, but again, little testing. Dunno if it's outclassed by other tracks or not. Seems to be a little situational/depends on the rest of the combo. I guess I can say that it can work where H145 does? I mean, MF LLD SW145RF was pretty good, I recall people saying. It's basically used where H145 would be.

I'd like to try to include everything if I could, to save it being re-edited/outdated too soon, and a few of these parts I doubt we'll ever have much testing/info on. So, yeah, what do I do?
th!nk, this thread is for discussion about how to edit/create articles on the wiki (as it says in the title), not about whether or not you should create/update a certain article. Use this thread in the future for things like what you're talking about: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beywiki-Updates

Anyways, before you update the article, post a thread here and we can all look over what you write.
Ah, thanks kei, I honestly wasn't sure what was applicable. If you think it's worth doing, though, that's all I really needed to know Smile