How To Make Good Posts and Not Get Warned: A Guide to the WBO!

Th!nk, you are indeed an asset to the WBO. We needed this, though we should not have in the first place. Hopefully people read the whole thing, but at least this should help clean up the forums. Somewhat.
so you made it now Th!nk, it looks good, also you may want to add DON'T REPLY TO SPAM BOTS, as I just did that and got a warning, and there is no place that tells you replying to a spam bot give you a warning....

Note: I was a critic for the original Draft XD
Very, VERY nice guide th!nk!
I think that if ANY new member were to read the whole thing, they'd get how things work here. Great job man!

I'm not a mod or anything, but this should SO be stickied everywhere, haha.
Nice guide but in the section about posts could you add necro posting? (when someone posts a reply on a really old thread or post.)

EDITConfusedorry you've heard that... but yeah you should really do that
Bunni he did kind of mention it, but didn't refer to it as that.
Quote:7. Check the date of any threads/posts you reply to before posting. Don't reply to anything that's more than a month or so old unless it's crucial to do so. Very easy to get warned doing this.
Oh and the part about asking questions, don't forget to mention the search thread box at the top right of the page (not the one beside help and passport)
Guess I should make the necro stuff clearer. I'll look into the search box thing, kinda leaving it for my extended searching guide, but yeah.
hey dude i have added a link to this thread when i post on the introductory forum

click the spoiler for the eg
is it ok i have started using it for seeing this u can check my post in http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hi-im-JoEy-LoPeZ
I might suggest changing the text to "Click the Pic and read the guide, it's a very important if you don't want to get warned!"

Or something more catchy, I'm bad at taglines Tongue_out

But yeah, that's awesome man, it's great to have everyone's support with this.

Even if people don't read it at first, we can direct them here when they make mistakes, too. Once they've been warned, they may be more open to learning how to make good posts Tongue_out It's far easier to get to and find, if we link it, than the Welcome PM, but yeah.

I'd be interested in hearing the committee's/mods views/opinions on this, even if they are negative.
Also, no one should be worried about posting helpful criticism here, I really appreciate your feedback, even if it isn't "hey good job th!nk". Smile
(Jul. 19, 2011  12:47 PM)th!nk Wrote: I might suggest changing the text to "Click the Pic and read the guide, it's a very important if you don't want to get warned!"

how is this one i think it will going to suit more as a tag line

click on this pic to know more about posting on wbo and not getting warned very important!!!
(Jul. 19, 2011  12:50 PM)Xlr8 Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2011  12:47 PM)th!nk Wrote: I might suggest changing the text to "Click the Pic and read the guide, it's a very important if you don't want to get warned!"

click on this pic to know more about posting on wbo and not getting warned very important!!!

Here:
Click on the Pic to learn more about posting on the WBO and not getting warned: Very Important!!!

Just a couple of minor fixes to the phrasing, that should do nicely. Much appreciated, man Grin
(Jul. 19, 2011  12:52 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2011  12:50 PM)Xlr8 Wrote:

Here:
Click on the Pic to learn more about posting on the WBO and not getting warned: Very Important!!!

Just a couple of minor fixes to the phrasing, that should do nicely. Much appreciated, man Grin

thanks dude.lets hope i get the permission from kai-v to make the thread soon and post it there
I appreciate you taking your time to write this but seriously, I doubt any of the newer members will take their time to read this. They don't even take notice of half the stickied topics let alone a whole page of something to read.
This is true, I have had some success getting errant members to read things once they've been warned, and I guess this may help there. It is a nice guide for when they do decide to be helpful.

I did try to make it as short as possible, and to not make it too stern and harsh to read, but it's just so hard to cover it all... :\
we can make users read it but we will need help of mods as if they stick this thread as important people who will going to create a thread in w&a forum will first see important threads and if they saw it some of them would going to read it and also if anyone gets warned mods can pm that person like u r warned to improve ur future posts and not getting warned read this thread [link]
Stickying would be good, but newbies often don't read stickied threads, as blah said.

I dunno about pming them, but yeah, maybe something like that. I dunno.
Honestly, if you put the link under "Best Bey Ever, Pwns All Others" they will be really interested. Then in the beginning, just say that the name of the bey is in one of the paragraphs. Then at the end just say, "There is no best bey." That's the way to get those childish bladers to read it. It's deception, but it will lead to better things.
Hilarious, and pretty smart, but I still doubt it'd work, seeing as we already have actual threads for that, which they don't read Tongue_out
You know,i was thinking: did the introductory pm changed when the new threads were born? Because i am scared that newbies(who reads the intro pm) might go to the old threads (the old ask a question get an answer is an example) and say, "hey, why can't i post?" or something like that.

Nice tips, BTW
Yeah, it doesn't update once you've received it, but as soon as a new thread is made, I'm sure any sent after tht contain the correct links. The former is why I'd really like it posted somewhere, so we can link people to an up=to-date version of it. :\
Haha. th!nk, this movement has certainly spread. I see multiple users posting it in their welcomes to new users. It's amazing how fast it took before everyone started to use it. Things get done quickly when people th!nk. Haha. Congrats bro. One step closer to th!nk *hint hint*

Ahaha, I get you Tongue_out

Yeah, I'm really glad to see how enthusiastic everyone has been about this. It's nice to actually have others appreciate the effort I put in, and to build upon it themselves, I just wish my job was the same Tongue_out

Thanks everyone for the help with this. Hopefully we'll see some difference, but even a small change is something positive Smile

And I'm considering registering a new account just to get an updated version of the Welcome PM to include here, but of course I won't know if it changes, so yeah. Ugh.
(Jul. 20, 2011  10:37 AM)th!nk Wrote: Ahaha, I get you Tongue_out

Yeah, I'm really glad to see how enthusiastic everyone has been about this. It's nice to actually have others appreciate the effort I put in, and to build upon it themselves, I just wish my job was the same Tongue_out

Thanks everyone for the help with this. Hopefully we'll see some difference, but even a small change is something positive Smile

And I'm considering registering a new account just to get an updated version of the Welcome PM to include here, but of course I won't know if it changes, so yeah. Ugh.

ur welcome dude and i also agree with you and i think that u should make a new account check the pm and then request mods to delete it this way u can do that job
Well mods dont actually delete accounts(that's what Kai-V told me)...but if you see your list of inbox messages I find the introductory PM quite fast...in case you deleted it..I dont have a problem forwarding it to th!nk so that he can attach it to this thread's OP..

Well great guide..I wish I had read this before a few months..then I could have avoided the 10% warning too...I th!nk that this should also be sent to a new member after he/she has introduced him/herself
(Jul. 20, 2011  11:19 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: Well mods dont actually delete accounts(that's what Kai-V told me)...but if you see your list of inbox messages I find the introductory PM quite fast...in case you deleted it..I dont have a problem forwarding it to th!nk so that he can attach it to this thread's OP..

Well great guide..I wish I had read this before a few months..then I could have avoided the 10% warning too...I th!nk that this should also be sent to a new member after he/she has introduced him/herself

while introducing people in introduction form i attached a link to this thread to the welcome logo check my last posts in a spoiler there is a eg given
(Jul. 20, 2011  11:19 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: Well mods dont actually delete accounts(that's what Kai-V told me)...but if you see your list of inbox messages I find the introductory PM quite fast...in case you deleted it..I dont have a problem forwarding it to th!nk so that he can attach it to this thread's OP..

Well, I feel the same as you... Even I am annoyed of that warning I got... Well, I am trying my best to improve now. Tough job this, since the new 4D series has come in... I can't even make a combo that easily if 4D parts are in the list...
Reply to bold text- LOL! This thread is 2 days old... Grin
Well, great work yet again, th!nk! Kudos to you! Well, only if this turns out to be useful(People will hardly even read this. Even if you give them the link. Just hope everyone proves me wrong).....