Hasbro's Beyblade Burst Rise isn't that bad (in my opinion)

(Jan. 10, 2020  4:59 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2020  4:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: So that’s how you mention someone in a thread!

Yeah but if there's spaces in their name you'll need to use at quote name quote.

Ok, thanks for telling me!
Anybody tried hypersphere layers on traditional combos (like Wizard Fafnir F5/ 00Wall/Bearing)? It seems to be good at spin stealing. They wouldn't still reach Gt beys, anyway that's better than using those useless gimmicky tips and stadiums.
(Jan. 10, 2020  6:56 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Anybody tried hypersphere layers on traditional combos (like Wizard Fafnir F5/ 00Wall/Bearing)? It seems to be good at spin stealing. They wouldn't still reach Gt beys, anyway that's better than using those useless gimmicky tips and stadiums.

The drivers are good, but I wonder if they’ll be allowed in something like Burst Limited, because they are banned in Burst Classic.
(Jan. 10, 2020  6:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2020  6:56 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Anybody tried hypersphere layers on traditional combos (like Wizard Fafnir F5/ 00Wall/Bearing)? It seems to be good at spin stealing. They wouldn't still reach Gt beys, anyway that's better than using those useless gimmicky tips and stadiums.

The drivers are good, but I wonder if they’ll be allowed in something like Burst Limited, because they are banned in Burst Classic.

Well, the H-drivers only work with the specific stadiums. Unless you mean a burst hypersphere limited format.
(Jan. 10, 2020  7:01 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2020  6:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: The drivers are good, but I wonder if they’ll be allowed in something like Burst Limited, because they are banned in Burst Classic.

Well, the H-drivers only work with the specific stadiums. Unless you mean a burst hypersphere limited format.

They still work, but you have to tilt launch them.
(Jan. 10, 2020  4:37 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2020  9:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: DeceasedCrab, please move this to the right thread. Also, what about the fact that they removed the gimmicks from the beys? No rubber on Fafnir for example and also they removed Dread Bahamut’s gimmick.

Sorry I missed this, there was no at symbol before my name so it didn't summon me. Or report the thread and I'll see it.

I don't know, what's the right thread for this discussion? The Hasbro burst release thread? I kind of like it where it is, a big ol wall of text with opinions I don't have to read.

Also, you're trying to respond to a wall of text based on questionable data by using facts. That's not going to work! ?

If you think they're wrong, well... just let them be wrong by themselves in an empty thread. They'll either learn or they won't. They'll learn real fast if they go to a WBO tournament.

hasbro burst release. I see. there's so many threads I always miss one lol
I was collecting Hasbro until the Hypersphere releases. Was kinda sad in the overall quality of Slingshot because of the lack of Metal and Rubber.
The importance of Hasbro following TT is that kids that have a few Hasbro like 1-3 could still battle with the "rich kids" with access to both brands. Single and Dual layer was pretty balanced and that's a healthy meta.

Entering the latest releases, any kid with a decent TT combo will crush most Hasbro bey all day long, so casual players with their Walmart's Beyblade gets frustrated and may leave the game as they can't compete and/or parents can't afford the price difference of importing TT beys. Even ordering from a legit seller needs a bit of a research because there is so many fakes, it's crazy. Many kids ends up with dangerous fakes.

The slingshot gimmick wasn't that bad, you could use the "normal mode" in normal Stadiums but their layers were so lightweight that they were still bad.
The Hypersphere gimmick is so different, very tall, scrapes a lot and are still lightweight without any metal/rubber again. They also removed any gimmick which made them good and fun to use in their TT versions.

They are still fun, as long as you only know about Hasbro.
Cool thread, here's my two cents about it.

As far as I can see, Hasbro made something entirely different from what Takara Tomy intended. Because of this there's no way to even compare both lines anymore. They're different games, with way different gimmicks. While TT focuses more on Beyblade gimmicks, Hasbro preferred to invest on stadium gimmicks. Now we have two very distinct games in one franchise. I know everybody loves the Switch Strike system, but I was having the same conversation with a friend and we thought the same, we already had plenty of TT Beyblades, since today is easier to buy imported products, then the Hasbro Beyblades weren't that interesting to us. Now, with a very different system, we feel like tying HyperSphere out and see how much fun that can be. Maybe see if there's a way to have a competitive scene on this new system.

Basically, being two very different systems, there's no way to even compare, as I previously said, imho I think both are very fun to play with, and according to some other replies here in this thread, i do agree TT Beyblades are more "competitive" while Hasbro ones are more "fun." In the end of the day, both are very fun to play and I'm glad we have a Hasbro gimmicky stadium that actually works. Smile
I just got into Beyblades with my daughter (7 years old) and I don’t really have a bias towards TT vs Hasbro, but some things I’ve noticed is that yes TT is definitely higher quality, but I’ve been frustrated by their lack of creativity with their arenas, where hasbro arenas are super fun and interesting. I was excited when I saw Beyblade Geeks with their extra large arena... and then I discovered it was a limited release and I can’t find it. Also, I heard it’s like $175 or something.

That said, when I introduced the TT to my daughter she immediately noticed the gimmicks and is much more invested in the TT beys than the hasbro ones.
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:20 AM)Xenodeus Wrote: I just got into Beyblades with my daughter (7 years old) and I don’t really have a bias towards TT vs Hasbro, but some things I’ve noticed is that yes TT is definitely higher quality, but I’ve been frustrated by their lack of creativity with their arenas, where hasbro arenas are super fun and interesting. I was excited when I saw Beyblade Geeks with their extra large arena... and then I discovered it was a limited release and I can’t find it. Also, I heard it’s like $175 or something.

That said, when I introduced the TT to my daughter she immediately noticed the gimmicks and is much more invested in the TT beys than the hasbro ones.

I think Takara Tomy's going for a more fair and balanced sort of stadium that doesn't favor a type, which is what the standard tournaments here are played on, and Hasbro's only focuses on gimmicks, making certain beys and types worse.
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:38 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2020  2:20 AM)Xenodeus Wrote: I just got into Beyblades with my daughter (7 years old) and I don’t really have a bias towards TT vs Hasbro, but some things  I’ve noticed is that yes TT is definitely higher quality, but I’ve been frustrated by their lack of creativity with their arenas, where hasbro arenas are super fun and interesting. I was excited when I saw Beyblade Geeks with their extra large arena... and then I discovered it was a limited release and I can’t find it. Also, I heard it’s like $175 or something.

I think Takara Tomy's going for a more fair and balanced sort of stadium that doesn't favor a type, which is what the standard tournaments here are played on, and Hasbro's only focuses on gimmicks, making certain beys and types worse.

I respect that, however from my perspective it’s a self fulfilling prophecy. TT has designed beys to fight in a certain way, and then everything else is gimmicky. But since I didn’t start with a “balanced” arena from my perspective the TT arenas favor beys that don’t go too crazy and revolve around battling in the center, whereas the hasbro stadiums favor more mobile movements. 

I’m not super wanting to argue better or worse, I just think terrain differences are a super good way to add variety and make beys/parts that are otherwise subpar into viable and interesting.
yea but in normal stadiums?
(Jan. 13, 2020  7:55 PM)craZblader456 Wrote: yea but in normal stadiums?

For me yeah, I’d like that. I am new to Beyblade, but I’ve been a competitive gamer forever, and I’ve always enjoyed games more when the game developers shake up the system and add diversity to the strategic choices. I get it if I’m alone in that though ?