Hasbro's Beyblade Burst: OUT in Canada, First Photos [LOTS of images]

Earlier in the week it was confirmed that Canadian cartoon network Teletoon would start airing Beyblade Burst on September 10th, so it's only appropriate that the Hasbro release of Beyblade Burst has been spotted there first.

These are the first photos of Hasbro's Beyblade Burst releases available anywhere. Beyblade Burst has been spotted on shelves in Toronto, Ontario. These photos were provided to us by @[pyrus10000].

[Image: N5NeJCC.jpg]
[Image: sCpot46.jpg]
[Image: q3yvgwX.jpg]
[Image: w89DCVv.jpg]
[Image: 1Iq6ll2.jpg]
[Image: urVkcIR.jpg]
[Image: 2LASev2.jpg]
[Image: zeNiswa.jpg]
[Image: mQMFfXw.jpg]

Earlier, Instagram user p3t3rparkour (spotted by @[Hato]) posted the first images we'd seen of Hasbro's Burst releases:

[Image: 1NXYuJ2.png]

[Image: RtUhGqv.png]

We also see the original Valkyrie (now Valtryek) Layer on the back of the box:

[Image: g9OqZIF.jpg]

These images confirm that Hasbro will be releasing the earlier "Basic Bey" models including Valkyrie, which is notorious for its fragile teeth that wear down after just a few battles, causing it to burst more easily. What remains to be seen is if Hasbro has addressed this issue. However, these haven't been spotted in stores yet.

In one final bit of disappointing news (although the stadium will likely prove to be a disappointment later on), Hasbro has made the bizarre decision to change the names of the parts from names like "Boost" to "D01" which literally just means "Disk 1".

[Image: xvR6Y36.jpg]

The "Variable" Driver (now Performance Tip) is now TA06. Despite the D01 Disk having a B on it and the TA06 Disk having a V on it. We had seen these part names in the mobile game already, but it's disappointing to see them in the real product line.

Overall, Hasbro seems to be diverging from Takara-Tomy's original concept and branding more than ever. What remains to be seen is how the products themselves hold up.
Wow thanks Brad/Pyrus for sharing this amazing images but I don't like the boxes
Also that stadium is definitely what I had posted then. It seems like it has even less slope than I had calculated on the outline drawing...
(Aug. 31, 2016  11:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also that stadium is definitely what I had posted then. It seems like it has even less slope than I had calculated on the outline drawing...

Haha, exactly my thought when I saw it. Eating humble pie. I am pretty surprised Hasbro released a stadium with no barrier — I guess it must work OK.
Thin Winders? What? Why? The packaging looks weird and unappealing so far.

Thanks Brad.
Thanks for the pics!

I'm disappointed in the winders though...But it's great to see Burst in stores now.
So I saw the images and ugh... I'll say right now, the box looks awful TBH. It feels too empty and the content inside is so jammed in that it looks unprofessional.

The Beyblades themselves also look cheap. I don't think I'd ever buy them asthetically and the only reason I would think of buying them is if they either have stronger teeth or if they were much less breakable.

The way it looks honestly feels like a fake Burst... actually no, even bootleg Burst Beyblades look more appealing and that's saying a lot.

EDIT: Also, as for the thin winders... well, they gotta cut their costs somewhere right?
This is very exciting, but also disappointing.

Thanks Pyrus for the pictures. I am surprised they changed the Driver colours; the blue Revolve looks fake, so does the lime Press, and the gold Unite is just an odd change (so it the S2 layer colour change..). The solid colours in general just make it look fake. And something else related; the R2 layer on the packaging is partially yellow...

And as mentioned before; the launchers. Those launchers look tiny! The layer is about the size of the handle, if not a bit larger. And it's the bendy ripcord... Gah. Basically a proto launcher with a twig handle. The stadiums don't look too bad, except for the whole flying parts and small slopage... I also don't understand why they have the Disc and Drivers stupid names letter and number names.

Just a random thought; Variable looks like it only has one set of rubber spikes. I guess they took the gimmick away to avoid complaints?

Hoping I find Valkryie tomorrow, I want one with better teeth :')
Updated the original post to credit the original source of initial Hasbro pics.
Hi, I'm new here and nice to meet you all. Just wanted to ask if the Beyblade Burst tops and toys from the US are compatible with the Japanese ones? Thanks!
(Sep. 01, 2016  12:17 AM)ChewwieHime94 Wrote: Hi, I'm new here and nice to meet you all. Just wanted to ask if the Beyblade Burst tops and toys from the US are compatible with the Japanese ones? Thanks!

They should be, yes.
In addition to my thoughts in the initial news post, I have to reiterate that the part name changes are seriously disappointing. The parts lose a lot of their identity and memorability with these names, and it will make writing and talking about Burst a pain.

I agree that they look "cheaper" than Takara-Tomy's releases overall, but it could just be the low quality of the images we've seen. Hard to judge.

The stadium is pretty interesting ... it doesn't really look as bad as I expected, and my guess is that the idea is to compensate for the lack of KOs with more Bursts. Looking forward to trying it out. The launchers are shockingly small; does this indicate Hasbro aiming towards younger kids?

That yellow Unite (don't even know the Hasbro name) looks nice, though. And it still has a U on it, so good enough for me.

Also, where is Hasbro in all of this? Why is the first official image we'd seen from Toys R Us? These are in stores now and there's no sign of a website or social media or anything.
(Sep. 01, 2016  12:18 AM)Hato Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  12:17 AM)ChewwieHime94 Wrote: Hi, I'm new here and nice to meet you all. Just wanted to ask if the Beyblade Burst tops and toys from the US are compatible with the Japanese ones? Thanks!

They should be, yes.

Ahh cool thanks. Are we getting the same starter packs as Japan with the different types. I swear Japan's packaging and type differences are a lot easier to differentiate between.
Wow, and I thought Burst couldn't get any worse, I was completely wrong it seems.
The colour scheme and theme seems as if their demographic was "idiots and up". I don't know why they went to the full effort of making the gold on S2, or make them opaque, performance is the main decider but aesthetics wise, gets a thumbs down.
I think the new Storm Spriggan is cooler looking than the Japanese one, minus the solid center. But the rest are definitely downgrades.
Designs are downgrades but I will admit I do like how these Beys look though I'm sure these can't compared to the originals but who knows. I will admit I'm wondering how they'll make Xeno Xcalibur look though I'll still call these Beys by their JP names since I do not like the English Name Changes for the layers except for DeathScyther's name change.
I'm probably the only guy here who thinks this but gold Unite and blue Revolve are pretty good looking, but not in the context of the layers they're packaged with. The S2 and K2 layers are just... please no.
I'm also really digging the new V2. I hope the 2-pack have a wide range of recolors for these layers because they either deserve new variants because they're awesome or need new variants because they're butt-ugly.
The new Launcher and stadiums look cool. I hate the Burst Standard Stadium with a burning passion and I like the lack of that terrible lip. The only thing stopping me from replacing my current launcher setup with the new launcher is it's lack of compatibility with the Long Winder.
Overall Hasbro's first wave is interesting. I hope the next wave they release is a bit more sane, but whatevs. :P
(Sep. 01, 2016  12:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Also, where is Hasbro in all of this? Why is the first official image we'd seen from Toys R Us? These are in stores now and there's no sign of a website or social media or anything.

This is the most shocking part of all. The toys are now in stores. The app is live. The show is set to premiere on TV in mere days ... and there's been absolute silence from the powers that be. The social media feeds have been inactive for years, the website still redirects you to a subdomain about Metal Fusion hosted on YTV.com, and Hasbro's page is a just tech support for the app. It reminds me of when Beyblade first launched in North America, tops without the Dragoon logo trickled into retail before the show's premiere. Except now Beyblade has proven itself to be a multi-billion dollar earner ... twice. There are soft launches and test markets, and then there's sending a product to die.
I could cry.

If I get one of these new stadiums, it'll only be for giving out Halloween candy. We used to joke about Zero-G stadiums slightly resembling salad bowls, but these new stadiums are actually just bowls...

Not a fan of the official new part names either, but I don't mind new Driver recolors. And maybe the launchers won't be all that bad if Hasbro releases a grip, since plastics are in a similar weight range to Burst and had similarly small ripcord-based launchers.

Either way, I'm glad Beyblade's back in NA. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this update!
Thanks for the news!

Really interested in the Triangle Stadium, more so than I am the actual Tops. The slope doesn't look as bad as we imagined. To say the least, it has one. And wow, that Revolve is kind of scary haha. It has that fake Rapidity blue color to it.

gembu-spoiler (Click to View)

By the way, all Forge Disc and Performance Tip translations can be viewed here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-...pid1338365
(Sep. 01, 2016  12:43 AM)To Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  12:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Also, where is Hasbro in all of this? Why is the first official image we'd seen from Toys R Us? These are in stores now and there's no sign of a website or social media or anything.

This is the most shocking part of all. The toys are now in stores. The app is live. The show is set to premiere on TV in mere days ... and there's been absolute silence from the powers that be. The social media feeds have been inactive for years, the website still redirects you to a subdomain about Metal Fusion hosted on YTV.com, and Hasbro's page is a just tech support for the app. It reminds me of when Beyblade first launched in North America, tops without the Dragoon logo trickled into retail before the show's premiere. Except now Beyblade has proven itself to be a multi-billion dollar earner ... twice. There are soft launches and test markets, and then there's sending a product to die.

Not much to add — you hit the nail on the head. I guess it was ridiculous to expect Hasbro might finally take marketing this toy seriously, though.

(Sep. 01, 2016  12:43 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Not a fan of the official new part names either, but I don't mind new Driver recolors. And maybe the launchers won't be all that bad if Hasbro releases a grip, since plastics are in a similar weight range to Burst and had similarly small ripcord-based launchers.

I wonder if grips can even attach to these.
Wow maybe blue Revolve was blue because, "durrr hurrr every boy loves blue!". Maybe Hasbro doesn't seem as serious here because their mentality is that "Beyblade is just for kids, it'll shut em up", well what kind of kids are they aiming at? IQ 3 and under? I mean kids generally like show accuracy in these type of things.
Hey, I will take Drivers in any color I can get them.