Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

I definitely feel that this is one change I can live with. I'm actually more interested in it than I am mournful.
Can't wait to see the results, it's been one hell of a day.
I saw, and I guess the slopes help in terms of wearing issues and allowing the disk and driver to slide back in.

EDIT: Wait wait wait, we need to test it first. Even then is that kind of taking away the point of Burst? Is there safety issues in it that it had to be rare?
Bursting is rare? Hmmm... sounds somewhat promising I suppose. Maybe Hasbro did something right with Burst after all..,
Ultra-mega-speculation: if this system works well, Takara-Tomy could use it as a power-up for 2017 lineup.
You guys are quick to conclusions. They might not have removed teeth, rather filled in the gaps, making the layers more OP.
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:08 AM)cosmicstriker Wrote: You guys are quick to conclusions. They might not have removed teeth, rather filled in the gaps, making the layers more OP.

Sorry, but I think everyone understands that these slopes are as deep as the teeth slots in the original releases.

Update from @[Kei]: "We can't get them to burst."

Megaton.
Oh man... That's interesting. Maybe it's because of the launchers?
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:08 AM)cosmicstriker Wrote: You guys are quick to conclusions. They might not have removed teeth, rather filled in the gaps, making the layers more OP.

Sorry, but I think everyone understands that these slopes are as deep as the teeth slots in the original releases.

Update from @[Kei]: "We can't get them to burst."

Megaton.

Chaos hype
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:10 AM)Hato Wrote: Oh man... That's interesting. Maybe it's because of the launchers?

Wondering the same. What a rollercoaster haha

I think half of us knew that the slopes were as high as teeth, even then it couldn't have been filled in teeth because not every teeth from the original sloped upwards in size.
We finally got one burst, but it's been really difficult with the Hasbro launchers to make it happen. We'll see if that translates to the Hasbro Layers with TT launchers, though. The slope mechanism they used to replace the teeth is interesting.
Oh yeah! If these slopes prove to be good and used on Odin, that's totally better right? I mean many layers win by bursting, rarely bursting can either be really useful or crippling to other layers.

Ok, so what i was talking about involves the increase in friction. The amount of teeth in contact with the driver is increased, therefore adding more friction, making it harder to burst.
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:17 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Oh yeah! If these slopes prove to be good and used on Odin, that's totally better right? I mean many layers win by bursting, rarely bursting can either be really useful or crippling to other layers.

Is this post sarcastic? I can't tell.

If these releases really burst less than TT releases, I can see a lot of people being very happy. But I wonder if they will totally overwhelm the TT Layer releases entirely.
It was sarcastic, but I suppose how you look at it. But let's face it, no one wants a more powerful Odin if you want a balanced metagame.
If they don't burst well, will that make layers which were previously deemed uncompetitive due to their teeth(like spriggan and chaos) much better? Will this make burst defense irrelevant?
Here's hoping that the slopes are much more resistant to wear.

I'm ready to be done with teeth, thank you Hasbro!

No sarcasm at all here, I am genuinely excited for what may be the end of an era full of dead Valkyries
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:30 AM)Cake Wrote: Here's hoping that the slopes are much more resistant to wear.

No sarcasm at all here, I am genuinely excited for what may be the end of an era full of dead Valkyries

Same, although I would describe myself as cautiously optimistic. Though I had so many Valkyries I didn't get through yet ... LOL

@[Jinbee] indeed no one wants more powerful Odin, but we don't know what Odin's like yet (although I wouldn't expect Hasbro to have been delicate in their application of this mechanism). But if it comes with more resistant Valkyrie, heck, I'll take it.
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:30 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: If they don't burst well, will that make layers which were previously deemed uncompetitive due to their teeth(like spriggan and chaos) much better? Will this make burst defense irrelevant?

Your first point is good... Could S2 be good? :o

I wouldn't say that just yet, as the only testings done were in a Hasbro stadium with Hasbro launchers, which I would expect to be powerful.
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:30 AM)Cake Wrote: Here's hoping that the slopes are much more resistant to wear.

Same, although I would describe myself as cautiously optimistic. Though I had so many Valkyries I didn't get through yet ... LOL

@[Jinbee] indeed no one wants more powerful Odin, but we don't know what Odin's like yet (although I wouldn't expect Hasbro to have been delicate in their application of this mechanism). But if it comes with more resistant Valkyrie, heck, I'll take it.

Yeah we'll just ban Odin if it ends up having V2 slopes, and if V2 slopes prove to be good anyway. If Valkyrie has V2 slopes and it turns out great then we must legalise it!
I'm more interested in Spryzen than Spryzen S2.
LOL, imagine D2 with V2 slopes?! As a Deathscyther fan, that sounds really exciting. I also hope that Hasbro D2 is a lot more durable because I don't wanna break a second D2...
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:37 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Yeah we'll just ban Odin if it ends up having V2 slopes, and if V2 slopes prove to be good anyway. If Valkyrie has V2 slopes and it turns out great then we must legalise it!

Keep in mind that if Hasbro gives Odin powerful slopes, Chaos (which can OS Odin reliably when it doesn't Burst) and Spriggan (which can KO Odin fairly reliably when it doesn't Burst) could become excellent counters, on top of the usual line of Attackers and Stamina types available.