Hasbro Stadium Disscussion!!!!!!!!

(Feb. 19, 2018  5:26 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: I'm going to save my comments for the Beys themselves (and Hasbro's extremely questionable choices) for a different thread, but I disagree immensely about the new stadium.

Yes, Chaos Core, Epic Rivals and the standard blue stadium from Hasbro are all incredibly bland and the pockets are frustrating. Comparing those to Takara Tomy and it's easy to see a massive quality difference. However, Avatar Attack is actually enjoyable, especially for younger kids (Hungry, Hungry Hippo meets Beyblade?) and Star Storm was a huge step-up for them. They're different than Takara Tomy, but those two are still welcome additions, with Avatar Attack being niche for younger audiences and Star Storm providing a unique, visually attractive stadium for competitive battlers. Takara Tomy offers two unique stadium experiences in Dual Spin (which was a failure thanks to the ridges) and Mugen, which is a tremendous amount of fun, but nothing really new for them considering they did something similar for 4D.

The video for Battle Tower Set shows Hasbro is willing to take risks. A melee-style, multi-tier stadium is something that has not been done before (I don't believe?) and it looks very fun and unique. The execution does not seem nearly as much, but the presentation featured 2 unenthusiastic presenters, using horrendous launchers, and a caught off-guard YouTuber. I think we should reserve judgement until its release. Perhaps it'll still be underwhelming but I welcome unique stadium options versus re-colours of the same stadium that Takara Tomy is currently doing. I'm saying this as a fan of TT, especially their generic stadium.
Tbh the reps were weak launching, ANY fast tip will instantly go flying out of the bowl
(Feb. 19, 2018  8:55 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2018  5:26 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: I'm going to save my comments for the Beys themselves (and Hasbro's extremely questionable choices) for a different thread, but I disagree immensely about the new stadium.

Yes, Chaos Core, Epic Rivals and the standard blue stadium from Hasbro are all incredibly bland and the pockets are frustrating. Comparing those to Takara Tomy and it's easy to see a massive quality difference. However, Avatar Attack is actually enjoyable, especially for younger kids (Hungry, Hungry Hippo meets Beyblade?) and Star Storm was a huge step-up for them. They're different than Takara Tomy, but those two are still welcome additions, with Avatar Attack being niche for younger audiences and Star Storm providing a unique, visually attractive stadium for competitive battlers. Takara Tomy offers two unique stadium experiences in Dual Spin (which was a failure thanks to the ridges) and Mugen, which is a tremendous amount of fun, but nothing really new for them considering they did something similar for 4D.

The video for Battle Tower Set shows Hasbro is willing to take risks. A melee-style, multi-tier stadium is something that has not been done before (I don't believe?) and it looks very fun and unique. The execution does not seem nearly as much, but the presentation featured 2 unenthusiastic presenters, using horrendous launchers, and a caught off-guard YouTuber. I think we should reserve judgement until its release. Perhaps it'll still be underwhelming but I welcome unique stadium options versus re-colours of the same stadium that Takara Tomy is currently doing. I'm saying this as a fan of TT, especially their generic stadium.
Tbh the reps were weak launching, ANY fast tip will instantly go flying out of the bowl
Too true. I agree about the Avatar Attack stadium though. Only thing I hate about it is that it can be used as an excuse for "cheating."

Battle Tower set sucks because the stadium inside it is incredibly small, like those cheap rip off Metal Fight stadiums on Ebay. You can't use any rubber tips on it or else it will be a stadium out, and you can't use a defense or stamina type or else it will be a instant K.O.
I'm looking forward to the new release of the TT starter set with a new version of the B-33 stadium.

I'm looking forward to the new release of the TT starter set with a new version of the B-33 stadium.
(Jan. 31, 2018  4:12 AM)K1D Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2018  11:19 AM)BlackConvoyX Wrote: Stadiums??? Time for the ancient Cybertronian relic to speak up, then...

The original stadiums for Plastic? I hate them. The walls were detrimental to all types, and the pockets even worse. However, there was a smaller one that doubled as a carrying case - the Mobile Beystadium - that Hasbro released during the Beyblade V-Force line (and had a GORGEOUS red & black repaint during the Beyblade G-Revolution line)...this is clearly the best thing Hasbro came up with. However, it's not really viable for Plastic at all, and especially not those lumbering behemoths that are Engine Gear System blades!!! Nope, I've found that this works much better for smaller things, namely HMS, Metal Fight, and to a lesser degree, Burst. It's not even viable as a carrying case for Plastic parts. However, while I'm not sure how it handles as a carrying case for Metal Fight (I only have like four MFB blades) or Burst (never bothered to try that) parts, it's absolutely wonderful for HMS parts...I think I have almost all my dupes & spare parts in there!! And because it has to double as a carrying case, the plastic is a lot sturdier. No breaking it down here. (Maybe an occasional scratch here and there, from metal tips such as Death Gargoyle MS's Metal Change Core, but that's about it) Nearly 15 years and it's still holding strong - I got my Mobile Beystadium at Target back in 2003!!

Taking a look at the stadiums Hasbro made for Metal Fight & Burst...it looks to me like they've learned absolutely nothing. Crappy designs with nasty walls and nastier pockets...only a little smaller. Apart from size, it sounds like the exact same design language as their old Plastic Era stadiums, and that's just unfortunate. At least in the Mobile Beystadium - much like Takara's old Tornado Balance Stadium Type-S - Attack types have a chance to beat Stamina types...whereas in larger stadiums, you could pretty much forget it.

My friend got that stadium on ebay last August, it's great for burst, he brings it to school and every one bring their beys, and then after 10+ beys launch in it rains layer and tips

What would you say makes the mobile stadium work out so well? What makes the walls here work out better than the full-piece plastic stadiums?
well the colossus stadium is an oval, an attack killing oval. It is bigger than other hasbro stadiums but only in one dimension.
We have the avatar attack stadium and I think I am going to modify it by cutting out the middle on the lid. I'll do a video of how to and review of how it preforms as for now we battle top off. Parts usually go rocketing and already end up underneath something heavy or hard to get to lol.
To be honest, it looks like the Epic Rivals stadium, just wider.

This is definitely better than the Battle Tower though.
They definitively loaded the ER Stadium and only modified one vector, and adapted the rest. I mean, it's a simple change and it works... so good for them.
(Jan. 03, 2018  8:13 AM)bidinga Wrote: avatar attack stadium is the best one for burst

No, the star storm one is. At least in my opinion

(Jan. 08, 2018  10:46 AM)Crystax Wrote: Is that new green stadium worth playing in? It seems weird...

Also is the B-33 and others similar to it worth getting? Will it lead to more exciting matches compared to the basic blue and yellow? If so, why?

Yeah, it's pretty good. Even though beys can't speed up with the ridge, it's still a good stadium
Well, may need to rethink the mobile stadium idea if this is true:

(Jan. 22, 2018  12:00 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I really don't want to open the can of worms that is custom parts, but a 3D printed stadium would be awful for most tips. The plastic used in all the legal Beystadiums is at the right toughness to not crack under the slightest pressure and still not be too hard to severely damage tips over time. The only Beystadium I had for a long time when I got into MFB was the Mobile Beystadium, which used a far harder plastic, and as a result all my tips from that time are pretty worn down from just normal play. A 3D printed Beystadium would not only likely have that consistancy to it, but it would also probably have seam lines in it from the printing process, making the problem worse.

So yeah, you'll just need to invest in a legal Beystadium.
Which we have no way to prove until it's constantly tested. Any surface should destroy any tip simply by friction. About the lines, it's common knowledge to eliminate those ridges by polishing the material. As I guess you guys are referencing to normal PLA or ABS, both of which are quite soft materials, can be smoothed out with acetone. Tho it seems my own thoughts are as valid as his, since I'm just spitballing here.
I really don't care about the 3D printing part, which is a little off-topic for this thread. But seeing as this was a possible con of the V-Force and G-Revolution mobile stadiums, I thought it was worth bringing it from the other thread conversation when I saw it.

Interesting to hear about someone else's experience with the mobile stadium. I was trying to ask more about it earlier up, but I guess no one could answer.
Does anyone know what the holes are for on the Hasbro stadiums. I'm not aware of any accessories that connect to them
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:42 AM)GeekBuilders Wrote: Does anyone know what the holes are for on the Hasbro stadiums. I'm not aware of any accessories that connect to them

The holes are for knock outs
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:47 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:42 AM)GeekBuilders Wrote: Does anyone know what the holes are for on the Hasbro stadiums. I'm not aware of any accessories that connect to them

The holes are for knock outs

No, their cup holders.
(Jul. 05, 2018  2:44 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:47 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: The holes are for knock outs

No, they're cup holders.

I mean, if you're going to be rude, at least use correct grammar.
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:47 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:42 AM)GeekBuilders Wrote: Does anyone know what the holes are for on the Hasbro stadiums. I'm not aware of any accessories that connect to them.

The holes are for knock outs.

I think GeekBuilders mean about theese holes, not pockets.

[Image: KekU54Q.jpg]

I've never seen any use of them, either. Beybades are rarely trapped there.
[Image: GK0UXEc.jpg]
i put quadruple folded paper strips in them which prevents knockouts, protecting my ears from the sound of the beyblades grinding against the walls of the pits
(Jul. 05, 2018  10:13 AM)iiggoor Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  1:47 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: The holes are for knock outs.

I thin GeekBuilders mean about theese holes, not pockets.

does anyone have any idea what they are meant for?
(Jul. 05, 2018  10:40 AM)Maximum beys Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  10:13 AM)iiggoor Wrote: I thin GeekBuilders mean about theese holes, not pockets.

does anyone have any idea what they are meant for?

u know how when hasbro packs them, better all stacked on top of each other ? they would become very airtight, so the holes are probably there to negate that
(Jul. 05, 2018  10:44 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  10:40 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: does anyone have any idea what they are meant for?

u know how when hasbro packs them, better all stacked on top of each other ? they would become very airtight, so the holes are probably there to negate that

thz leosama, I was just thinking how hasbro could make accesories that could be put in those holes!
(Jul. 05, 2018  10:44 AM)leosama Wrote: … u know how when Hasbro packs them, better all stacked on top of each other ? they would become very airtight, so the holes are probably there to negate that

That was only idea I had too, so intentionally attached photo of yellow arena which is never sold stacked Uncertain
(Jul. 05, 2018  2:59 AM)KinkoUsagi Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2018  2:44 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: No, they're cup holders.

I mean, if you're going to be rude, at least use correct grammar.

It was a joke, not being rude.
(Jul. 05, 2018  10:16 AM)leosama Wrote: I put quadruple folded paper strips in them which prevents knockouts, protecting my ears from the sound of the beyblades grinding against the walls of the pits.

Btw, that is best use of holes ever imo lol

I'm stamina type fan and Cosmic Pegasus Metal Fury arena is my favorite ever, so really like that you closed the way to knockout pockets, not because of noise itself ;)