[Hasbro]  Spryzen Requiem S3 Testing and Discussion

(Nov. 19, 2018  3:25 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi KJ! Can you do a battle between Spryzen Requiem S3/0B/Br and Balkesh B3 stock, in a TT stadium? Whenever you are able to, no problem.
I really don't like testing stock, but I can do this:

(Left Spin) SRS3.0B.Br (Odd) vs. B3.7G.At (Even): Bblader/90
(Right Spin) SRS3.0B.Br (Odd) vs. B3.7G.At (Even): Bblader/90

I should be able to get it done soon, thanks for the tests!
(Nov. 19, 2018  9:52 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2018  3:25 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi KJ! Can you do a battle between Spryzen Requiem S3/0B/Br and Balkesh B3 stock, in a TT stadium? Whenever you are able to, no problem.
I really don't like testing stock, but I can do this:

(Left Spin) SRS3.0B.Br (Odd) vs. B3.7G.At (Even): Bblader/90
(Right Spin) SRS3.0B.Br (Odd) vs. B3.7G.At (Even): Bblader/90

I should be able to get it done soon, thanks for the tests!

Well, that's much better! Thank you, i really want to know who's the best Hasbey around. They are the ultimate contenders for the title!
(Nov. 19, 2018  10:03 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Well, that's much better! Thank you, i really want to know who's the best Hasbey around. They are the ultimate contenders for the title!
Now, this is just my opinion, but I think Garuda G3 is the best Hasbro Burst Layer rn, then followed by Balkesh B3 and Spryzen Requiem S3 (either both tied for second, or B3 having a slight edge over SRS3, but it depends on combos).
(Nov. 19, 2018  10:08 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2018  10:03 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Well, that's much better! Thank you, i really want to know who's the best Hasbey around. They are the ultimate contenders for the title!
Now, this is just my opinion, but I think Garuda G3 is the best Hasbro Burst Layer rn, then followed by Balkesh B3 and Spryzen Requiem S3 (either both tied for second, or B3 having a slight edge over SRS3, but it depends on combos).

You're right.
Did some testing that @[kjrules17] wanted me to do, since he currently can't meet up with @[LazerBeamz]. Since we already know that Spryzen Requiem's light weight and higher recoil design means it can't compete with Hell Salamander or Archer Hercules in same spin matchups, the only reason to leave it banned would be if its defensive potential was that much greater than either hS or aH.

First, I did a benchmark of bL KO Attack vs hS:
Bloody Longinus 8Under Xtreme' vs Hell Salamander 0Wall Bearing
bL.8U.X': 15 wins (4 KO, 1 OS, 10 Burst)
hS.0W.Br: 5 wins (all OS)
hS.0W.Br win rate: 25%
This matchup was fun to test, but it was a pain to have to re-assemble hS the correct way every 10 seconds lol. When I got the launch right, most of the bursts happened in one hit or were simultaneous burst/KOs.

Bloody Longinus 8Under Xtreme' vs Spryzen Requiem (Left Spin) S3 0Wall Bearing
bL.8U.X': 9 wins (6 KO, 2 OS, 1 Burst)
SrS3.0W.Br: 11 wins (all OS)
SrS3.0W.Br win rate: 55%
Those outspins would probably not happen if I had gone with a better Frame for same spin matchups, Wall tended to scrape a lot when it was knocked off balance.

Then I tried a stationary Burst Attacker against it, to see if it would be more consistent in bursting it.
Bloody Longinus 5Glaive Weight vs Spryzen Requiem (Left Spin) 0Star Bearing
bL.5G.W: 16 wins (3 KO, 9 OS, 4 Burst)
SrS3.0S.Br: 4 wins (all OS)
2 ties redone
SrS3.0S.Br win rate: 20%
Wow, this was a really unexpected result. bL didn't burst Spryzen Requiem as consistently as it could the TT Sr, but often times it was able to use the shape of the dragon heads to push it down and outspin it. Spryzen's outspins came from when it was launched second, and were usually very close. I informally tested this same matchup but with B3 about a week ago and I was getting pretty similar results, so I'm starting to think that stationary bL might have some Smash Attack potential.

Just for fun, I also tried it in right spin against "No Longer Alive" Hades:
Dead Hades 8'Dagger Xtreme' vs Spryzen Requiem (Right Spin) S3 0Star Bearing
dH.8'D.X': 14 wins (9 KO, 5 OS)
SrS3.0S.Br: 6 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
SrS3.0S.Br win rate: 30%
One burst with bL X’ against Sr Br is really concerning to me. You should never be that safe with Br against an X’ attack combo in the same spin direction as you.

I’m testing dF and B3 Br right now and can’t burst them either. In fact, I can’t even get them to lose much of anything at all on their slope.

It makes me wonder what the argument is for keeping Hasbro Bearing in the game, nevermind Sr. I’d be more inclined to allow Sr again if Hasbro Br was banned. The discrepancy in the spring tightness–and therefore, performance–versus the TT Br seems like too much.

Curious to hear what others think who have more experience with Hasbro parts.
I think trying TT beys against it might burst it.
(Jan. 01, 2019  3:21 AM)Kei Wrote: One burst with bL X’ against Sr Br is really concerning to me. You should never be that safe with Br against an X’ attack combo in the same spin direction as you.

I’m testing dF and B3 Br right now and can’t burst them either. In fact, I can’t even get them to lose much of anything at all on their slope.

It makes me wonder what the argument is for keeping Hasbro Bearing in the game, nevermind Sr. I’d be more inclined to allow Sr again if Hasbro Br was banned. The discrepancy in the spring tightness–and therefore, performance–versus the TT Br seems like too much.

Curious to hear what others think who have more experience with Hasbro parts.

To be fair, I am using a rubber Attack Driver, which isn't normally supposed to be bursting things due to the high amount of friction is has with the ground. As you can see, more dedicated Burst Attackers have a higher chance of bursting SrS3 Br - the tradeoff of using something like X' is that you sacrifice some of your bursting ability for a better chance to KO an opposite spin opponent (though at this point in Burst standard, that's still not very likely... I wouldn't have a ton of faith in bL X' being able to KO aH Xt+ or wV/dH X' KOing hS Xt+ consistently).

Personally, I'm opposed to removing Hasbro Bearing from the game. It's basically the only part that allows Hasbro combos to be viable in the Takara-Tomy meta, and even then its uses are limited to opposite spin. With the only Layers that are viable with Hasbro Bearing (Caynox C3, G3, SrS3, and B3) being relatively light compared to the Cho Z releases, they not only lose in same spin Stamina matches but are also relatively easy to KO. In my opinion, it makes the Hasbro Layers viable sidegrades to aH and hS (more burst resistance at the cost of Stamina and opposite spin performance) while not making them too overcentralizing.
I 100% agree with Wombat here. We already got oofed big time because of Turbo, banning Hasbro Bearing would just be adding insult to injury, you know?
What does odd and even mean? I don't understand it?
(Mar. 11, 2019  8:14 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: What does odd and even mean? I don't understand it?

It’s another way of saying Alternate Launches
(Mar. 11, 2019  8:37 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Like launched 1st and second?

Yeah pretty much