Hasbro Lightning Force Stadium Review

(Oct. 10, 2010  6:04 AM)Stratus G. Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2010  5:49 AM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote: well if your american do you not remember the nuclear bombs we droped on them i think they were called "Fat boy" and "little boy" so yeah they kind of get to screw the USA over XD

I'm very very sure this has nothing to do with items not coming to America. Nor on-Topic
And I'm also sure that the bolded may be offensive to some on this site.

eh you think about it could be :T he said japan is "...." (o forgot what he said but is to lazy to scroll up and see) and just gave a possible reason why .my friend brought that up though when i was talking to him about something like this
--------------
also lets drop this K? i saying last word on subject time to get back ontopic
Wouldn't the game be a bit more entertaining if we found combos that worked better with different stadiums?
(Oct. 10, 2010  5:55 AM)Brooklyn-Z Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2010  5:51 AM)blah Wrote: ^LOL what does that have to do with the production of spinning tops ?

By the way: this is getting very off topic, haha.

he said americans are getting screwed over i gave him one of them many reason why and yes indeed i am going to sand down my stadium the wac it then put another thinlayer of plastic on it to see if it helps this stadium but yeah someone did test results to basically tell use its the same as PTW...

ignoring your completely irrelevant bomb comment (cause i am sure that they want revenge with spinnong tops o_0) and skipping right to the part where i say for the 1000th time that this is not a PTW, which has clearly been shown by the tests thus far
(Oct. 10, 2010  6:37 AM)souless1234 Wrote: Separate tiers, like pokemon?

that is genius! seperate tiers of course! Brilliant! who said attack types always have to beat stamina! haha!
while I do agree in constricting attack types a bit more, I don't think the win rates of stamina types against attack types should spike too rapidly.

If the average player can only score a 20-30% with a good banking/sliding shoot against a top tier defence type, I will be satisfied.
Should note that I removed the paint with nail polish remover so now it`s kind of okay
The Attack Type Beystadium is called like that, but is the most balanced. If you think Attack types are more advantaged in it, then you do not understand how that works, hah.

Also, I think it was Kei who said that, but perhaps Brad as well : a metagame ruled by Attack types will still be a lot healthier than a metagame dominated by Stamina.

If the best Attack types cannot win much in Hasbro's Beystadiums, then that is why they are horrible. If you can only use Defense and Stamina in those Beystadiums to win, then that is not healthy at all, and "separate tiers" would still show poor Attack types, I am sure.
yes, but right now, there are not many top tier Defwnse or Stamina combos compared to Attack. this opens up new doors for those types

btw, Balance types actualy do well here. maybe now Top tier balance types can be made!
(Oct. 10, 2010  11:00 PM)Leonwind Wrote: yes, but right now, there are not many top tier Defwnse or Stamina combos compared to Attack. this opens up new doors for those types

btw, Balance types actualy do well here. maybe now Top tier balance types can be made!

Ok so I've played in both the Pegasus Thunder Whip stadium and I bought the Lightning L Drago Stadium a couple of days ago and played with some friends for around 3 hours in each stadium. Compared to my old Cyber Dragoon stadium, these new ones are really, really different and some combos don't work as well in the new stadiums. Mostly Attack types as stated.

And as far as side by side comparisons and measurements its very true. In Pegasus Thunder Whip, I won it with my combo Earth Cancer 100WD against my friend's Earth Bull C145SD launched off of a beylauncher. I used a light launcher and long ripcord from the old Dragoon beyblade releases (the long red ripcord). Stamina types ended up winning a lot. Even my odd combo Killer/Evil Leone 105WD won a couple of rounds against attack blades (never Earth Bull C145SD though...)

But in the Lightning L Drago stadium it was a little different. I messed around with my LL Drago CH120RF and I could actually beat Earth Bull C145SD most of the time (we forgot to tally it down...) both launched off of a beylauncher. But when my friend made a weird combo, LL Drago 105FS and tried to launch it diagonally, it moved in weird patterns and ended up winning either by outspin or by KO. Both LL Drago's were in Multi-Hit mode.

Stats for this round could be counted as skewed though. I had to make it fair and not use my Left Beylauncher and used a Short Ripcord with the Hasbro Left spin launcher with MFB launcher grip like my friend who doesn't have the Left Spin beylauncher. We also didn't count rounds when the bey's did not make contact and flew into the pit because it didn't show much.

LL Drago 105FS vs LL Drago CH120RF
13 wins to 7 wins

LL Drago 105FS won with 5 KO's and 8 outspins (13 wins total)

LL Drago CH120RF lost with 6 KO's and 1 outspin (the other blade rubbed on the stadium and KO'd itself after getting smashed into a ton)

Now these are weird results and I don't think we battled enough to really say that these results are good. Yes, people are probably going to say I suck for losing using a top-tier attack blade, but results are results.

I didn't have time to test LL Drago CH145RF like this, but what I noticed is when any blade with the combo 145RF when into the pit, it jumped back out. But 145 blades without a RF tip didn't really jump out as compared to PTW where anything that goes into the pit flies back out into battle.

Hope these results are ok. I'll try to provide more and maybe a video too if I can next weekend.

EDIT: Added things I forgot to mention, and forgot to say that HF tip combos actually did pretty decent against RF combos because they had more stamina.
I'll test that more next week!!
Seperate tiers make no sense with the thousands of combos possible, and various niche combos.
You should try that tilt also. You'll probably win. So maybe it's a good buy?
actally,i have one.it really does some dammage to the RF peice.Plus,its kinda hard to stay in the stadium circle,almost every launch gets into those pockets and dies.

50-50 buy.
(Oct. 11, 2010  2:37 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Seperate tiers make no sense with the thousands of combos possible, and various niche combos.
How does that make no sense? I'm pretty sure that's the purpose of different stadiums.

You have to adapt to new situations, you don't keep the same combo every time if its not effective. I remember playing with a ton of different Hasbro stadiums when it was still pretty big. Draciel Fortress Stadium, Thunder Dragoon Stadium (I think...), and Dranzer Flame Stadium (I don't remember the name...it was my first stadium) all had different bowl depths. Dranzer Stadium had a small bowl in the center too to change things up. My old Hasbro Cyber Dragoon Stadium was essentially Thunder Dragoon Stadium with bumps. Me and my friends had a fun changing and customizing depending on which stadium we played in, especially in Draciel Fortress, which sucked for Attack types because it was so flat. We made more combos and whatever worked in the stadium. Etc for the other stadiums.

Its probably a marketing scheme to make multiple stadiums for people to buy, but having some sort of gimmick to each one making them a little different makes it fun for people to make new strategies and combos for each situation.

And as for my tests, I have to say now that they must be skewed somehow. I just tested my LL Drago CH120RF against LL Drago 105FS and blew it out of the Lightning L Drago stadium. Completely. It flew over me and almost it my TV. I almost though FS was worth using....phew.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, to make your beyblade survive, launch it in the corner, and the spin pattern makes it hit all the corners of the pit and not fly in. Works for both left and right spin. I really gotta make a video for this....
Never use HF/S with sliding shoot in this stadium. the bey always self KO's. otherwise, Self KOs are rare in this stadium.

these are good test results. as for Mcfrown's comment, seperate tuers are not a bad idea. different situations call for different approches.
yhea but i mean yellow paint gets stuck all over the RF.
a minor flaw. use paint remover like everyone else.

agian, i am all for the seperate tiers idea.
what is your logic behind this? having seperate tiers is a great idea. i will admit most of the top tiers will be the same but as i said before a different situation calls for a different approach. this reasoning is perfectly logical and makes sense. the only reason i could imagine that someone would say that thi. is a bad idea is that they are to lazy to test seperate tiers (not really speaking to you Mcfrown at this point, so do not get offended)

plus, sepertae tiers might help rebalance the game, just like you wanted Mcfrown.
you cannot argue with sound logic. true it will be hard to determine new tiers, but this will work
There are quite literally thousands of beyblade combos, with varied preformance based on the user and with thousands of combos we've left untested. Every time a new part is released a few more thousand options will be created.
Unfeasible.

Besides, some people will pass by and discredit amazing combos.
awful idea
half of what you said is true. yes, thousands upon thosands of combinations are possible, but we are only talking abput TOP TIERS. i will say this agian: while there may not be many, some seperate tiers might be a good idea. its also a logical idea. this is just another very smallbut necisary step in order to re-balance the game.
So after further testing..... Yeah this stadium is unbalanced Unhappy

This was originally the video description but my video was like 1.5 gb and 10min long and youtube sent error messages saying it couldn't be uploaded.

A test to see how a top tier Attack combo plays against a defensive/stamina Earth combo. This stadium is not suited for Attack types... LL Drago CH120RF has trouble attacking because it moves around too much. The stadium's "vortex ridge" isn't good at all compared to a TT stadium where it actually comes into play. Here, it makes it worse for attack blades because when they lose spin, they get trapped and circle to their death. Here the results :

Earth Cancer 145WD: 15 wins (14 outspins 1 KO)

LL Drago CH120RF (145 mode): 5 wins (5 KO's)

After these grim results, I tried CH120 in 120 mode. After Earth Cancer won by outspin 5 times to LL Drago's mere 2 KO's, it was clear. This stadium is unbalanced and Attack types can't win (or have trouble winning, thats for sure...) and are completely useless. RF combos simply cannot win after they lose speed and circle in this stadium because the space between the "bowl" and the pit is too far and when they do attack, the beyblade ramps up to the edge of the pit, and then back down. Its too steep for late game attacking beys to do anything and lose by outspin every time.

I finally see why the "Attack" stadium by TT is the best. Its the only stadium where all beyblades can battle fair and square, each utilizing every aspect of their gimmick (attack types take advantage of the GREAT tornado ridge, stamina and defense types stay in the center like any other stadium). It makes perfect sense now that these results came about. Hopefully I'll get some kind of video uploaded and working to show you guys what I mean.

But if you want a good and balanced stadium, this isn't it. I think saving up for a TT stadium is your best bet because Defense and Stamina Types own the Hasbro stadium metagame (if there is one lol).

EDIT: And I forgot to mention, the lack of a 3rd pit in the stadium contributes to horrible results. I loved the old stadiums because they had 3 pits, so there were multiple angles where a beyblade can be struck into them. With only 2, theres very, very limited approaches to knock a bey into the pit.

My Hasbro Cyber Dragoon Stadium is more balanced then this because it has a 3rd pit.... I'll test with results from that too and I'll try to get some videos up pronto this weekend.

EDIT 2: Also forgot to mention, I am using a modified catapult grip that fits a MFB launcher on it with my Red Long Rip cord from Dragoon. LL Drago was launched from the Takara Beylauncher L at around 80 - 100% power and was shot on the banking and not directly at Earth Cancer 145WD.
very good analysis. i noticed that too with attack types. Tips like HF and HF/S and RF can get stuck in the tornado ridge and end up circling around the thing until it has no more attack power left. sliding shoot works well here though. the irratic movement from hitting the walls at differnt angles can cause massive KO's to your opponent. this also prevents it from gettingstuck on the tornado ridge (if you are using an f style tip) The only dowbside is that if your sliding shoot lacks accuracy, you will most likely self KO with attack types

also based on this, do you think some seperate top tiers are necisary?

its good to here that a type other than atttack can win a game in MFB
(Oct. 14, 2010  9:32 PM)Leonwind Wrote: Tips like HF and HF/S and RF can get stuck in the tornado ridge and end up circling around the thing until it has no more attack power left.

That happens in every stadium with a Tornado Ridge ever.
(Oct. 15, 2010  12:24 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2010  9:32 PM)Leonwind Wrote: Tips like HF and HF/S and RF can get stuck in the tornado ridge and end up circling around the thing until it has no more attack power left.

That happens in every stadium with a Tornado Ridge ever.

Well I guess I didn't describe it enough, but it only gets caught in the tornado ridge when its slowing down. You know the "flower" or banking shot that makes small circles and the tornado ridge holds the bey in the ridge and lets it attack? Well this ridge is tall but rounded so when you shoot it hard it will roll over the ridge like nothings there and it bounces around the whole stadium. It doesn't "grab" like a TT stadium and hold it inside the ridge when its a full speed. Instead, since the L Drago stadium is so big, it goes everywhere but the center of the stadium and when it loses speed it goes into the tornado ridge and loses all of its spin. Thats when it loses due to an outspin.

And sliding shoot is kinda hard with a beylauncher... I'd rather use a banking shot now.
also, if you use a good RF or attack bottom, it willl hit those two indentations on the stadium, causing it to lose spin.