[Hasbro]  Kerbeus K4 Testing and Discussion

Here are some tests I did with Kerbeus K4. As far as the weight goes, I got 9.10 grams when weighing the Layer. The first section was testing Same and Opposite Spin Stamina against Caynox C3, Balkesh B3, Garuda G3, and Spryzen Requiem S3. The second section was testing KO Attack and comparing its performance to Xcalius X3, one of the best Hasbro Right Spin Attack Layers we have right now.

Disclaimer (Click to View)

Section 1: Same & Opposite Spin Stamina (Click to View)

Section 2: KO Attack (Click to View)

Final Thoughts (Click to View)
This is Hazard, right?
(Sep. 03, 2019  6:44 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: This is Hazard, right?
Nope, those are Guardian tests. Hazard would be “Hazard Kerbeus K4 Testing...” etc. and stuff.
Is burst attack of K4 something to rely upon (I mean, is it consistent or fluctuating heavily)?
(Sep. 03, 2019  1:22 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Is burst attack of K4 something to rely upon (I mean, is it consistent or fluctuating heavily)?
If you're referring to using K4 for Attack, I wouldn't really count on it. It'll do better when used in Stamina and/or Defense Combos.
(Sep. 03, 2019  1:32 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2019  1:22 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Is burst attack of K4 something to rely upon (I mean, is it consistent or fluctuating heavily)?
If you're referring to using K4 for Attack, I wouldn't really count on it. It'll do better when used in Stamina and/or Defense Combos.

I mean, not use for exclusively attack. I meant to ask about it's attack if used in balance type combos.
(Sep. 03, 2019  1:51 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I mean, not use for exclusively attack. I meant to ask about it's attack if used in balance type combos.
Regardless if you're trying to use Kerbeus K4 for Mobile or Burst Attack, I just don't think that's where its potential lies to be honest.
(Sep. 03, 2019  1:58 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2019  1:51 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I mean, not use for exclusively attack. I meant to ask about it's attack if used in balance type combos.
Regardless if you're trying to use Kerbeus K4 for Mobile or Burst Attack, I just don't think that's where its potential lies to be honest.

Maybe in K4 00bump destroy-s?
(Sep. 03, 2019  2:31 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Maybe in K4 00bump destroy's?
Oof-s.
(Sep. 03, 2019  2:33 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2019  2:31 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Maybe in K4 00bump destroy's?
Oof-s.

You mean, it won't really work?
Oh, that makes sense, Hazard probably wouldn’t be as good.
(Sep. 03, 2019  4:17 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: You mean, it won't really work?
Yes. If you're trying to use Kerbeus K4 for Attack, you'd be better off using something else, like Xcalius X3 or other Layers (things like Xcalius X4, Turbo Achilles A4, and most likely Hades H3 and Turbo Valtryek V3 as well). As I've said before, it's better off used in Stamina and/or Defense Combos. That's where it has the best chance of doing good.
(Sep. 03, 2019  5:03 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Here are some tests I did with Kerbeus K4. As far as the weight goes, I got 9.10 grams when weighing the Layer. The first section was testing Same and Opposite Spin Stamina against Caynox C3, Balkesh B3, Garuda G3, and Spryzen Requiem S3. The second section was testing KO Attack and comparing its performance to Xcalius X3, one of the best Hasbro Right Spin Attack Layers we have right now.

Section 1: Same & Opposite Spin Stamina (Click to View)

Section 2: KO Attack (Click to View)

Final Thoughts (Click to View)
I already made a gK4 Testing thread. Sorry.
(Sep. 03, 2019  8:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I already made a gK4 Testing thread. Sorry.
Yours was in the Rail Rush, so it's different. I made a regular TT Standard Stadium testing thread for it.
Kerbeus K4 7Wall Bearing Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Kerbeus K4: 100% (10 OS’)

Drain Fafnir: 0%

Not really surprised. I would have put dF on 7Wall Bearing but then it would have been just ties.
Could You put Fafnir on Eternal? I heard, Eternal beats Bearing mostly. But I got the feeling that K4 could still prevail...
(Jan. 27, 2020  10:26 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Could You put Fafnir on Eternal? I heard, Eternal beats Bearing mostly. But I got the feeling that K4 could still prevail...

That’s not true. Eternal does have good LAD but not better LAD than Bearing. I would be happy to do that test though.
(Jan. 27, 2020  1:51 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Kerbeus K4 7Wall Bearing Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Not really surprised. I would have put dF on 7Wall Bearing but then it would have been just ties.

Why did the opponent have medeocre parts?
(Jan. 28, 2020  12:49 AM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2020  1:51 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Kerbeus K4 7Wall Bearing Vs Drain Fafnir (MGC) 7Cross Atomic. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Why did the opponent have medeocre parts?

If you’re testing for limited, and GT discs and discs like 10 and 00 are not allowed, you use discs that are allowed. Plus, heavier discs will just increase the burst risk on lighter layers like these.
(Jan. 28, 2020  12:51 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2020  12:49 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: Why did the opponent have medeocre parts?

If you’re testing for limited, and GT discs and discs like 10 and 00 are not allowed, you use discs that are allowed. Plus, heavier discs will just increase the burst risk on lighter layers like these.

Can you explain what burst limited is?
(Jan. 28, 2020  1:07 AM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2020  12:51 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: If you’re testing for limited, and GT discs and discs like 10 and 00 are not allowed, you use discs that are allowed. Plus, heavier discs will just increase the burst risk on lighter layers like these.

Can you explain what burst limited is?
In July of 2019, when Burst Classic became ranked, in that same news page, this was discussed:

“In the past, I've touched on our plans to implement a Burst Limited format, and our progression on developing this format. I'd like to update that we're still discussing and planning this format, and it is very much still planned to enter the experimental phase towards the beginning of the new year.

Limited is planned to be a God/Evolution/Turbo-based Limited format, so we have a significantly larger part pool to consider when balancing and regulating this format, so we appreciate the patience while we develop this.

That said, our plan is currently to let Classic be the focus of attention alongside Standard to allow it to grow and gain it's own identity for the rest of the year. Implementing Limited too soon would harm the progress and adoption of Classic, and would undermine the efforts from the community in building the format.”

It is the beginning of the new year, so I am trying to get some tests in before the experimental phase begins, which could be next month or a couple months from now.
(Jan. 28, 2020  1:11 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2020  1:07 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: Can you explain what burst limited is?
In July of 2019, when Burst Classic became ranked, in that same news page, this was discussed:

“In the past, I've touched on our plans to implement a Burst Limited format, and our progression on developing this format. I'd like to update that we're still discussing and planning this format, and it is very much still planned to enter the experimental phase towards the beginning of the new year.

Limited is planned to be a God/Evolution/Turbo-based Limited format, so we have a significantly larger part pool to consider when balancing and regulating this format, so we appreciate the patience while we develop this.

That said, our plan is currently to let Classic be the focus of attention alongside Standard to allow it to grow and gain it's own identity for the rest of the year. Implementing Limited too soon would harm the progress and adoption of Classic, and would undermine the efforts from the community in building the format.”

It is the beginning of the new year, so I am trying to get some tests in before the experimental phase begins, which could be next month or a couple months from now.

Can i see the current banlist?
(Jan. 28, 2020  1:37 AM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2020  1:11 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: In July of 2019, when Burst Classic became ranked, in that same news page, this was discussed:

Can i see the current banlist?

There isn’t an official one. It’s still in development but the experimental stages of it should be coming very soon. Basically no TT Turbo beys and no GT beys, TT or Hasbro. Also no to Turbo Spryzen S4. Everything else should be allowed except for GT discs as well as core discs after the God era.
The ban list hasn't even been confirmed yet lol. So we don't know if things like Turbo Spryzen S4 or the GT Discs will be allowed or not at the moment. Just be patient guys. It'll happen soon™.
(Jan. 28, 2020  2:43 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: The ban list hasn't even been confirmed yet lol. So we don't know if things like Turbo Spryzen S4 or the GT Discs will be allowed or not at the moment. Just be patient guys. It'll happen soon™.

Well I figured they discs such as GT discs probably won’t be as they’re very good and might be slightly OP in a Limited format metagame. But ok.