[Hasbro] Disc Kinda like a Dash Version of TT?

I just looking at the Aero and Aero' disc and though about how the Areo' isn't a core disk but can use a frame.

Made me think of the newer hasbro non-core disk where they remove the rubber/plastic/gimmicks but made them compatible with frames.  Would you consider these conceptually Dash versions?
Conceptually, they essentially are. Like how Sting and Hasbro's Sting are very similar to Aero and Aero', respectively. But really, they are more like new disks altogether. It's why some people classify them as Sting-H or Blitz-H. I guess the H could stand for either Hasbro or HyperSphere.
(Mar. 06, 2020  7:57 PM)superrobotking Wrote: I just looking at the Aero and Aero' disc and though about how the Areo' isn't a core disk but can use a frame.

Made me think of the newer hasbro non-core disk where they remove the rubber/plastic/gimmicks but made them compatible with frames.  Would you consider these conceptually Dash versions?

You see, here's where you're slightly misunderstanding things. The ability to use a disk frame isn't just something core disks do, but it's what defines them as a core disk to begin with. Core disks are the "core" of a two-part disk, with the frame being the non-core half. That's why they're core disks and not regular disks, like Wing or Sting. If it can fit a frame, it's a core disk. This means αero' and the "revamped" Hasbro Hypersphere disks are technically core disks, even though they're not numbered like the others.

That being said, Hasbro's revamped disks are sorta like cruddy ' versions, but really they're also not really very close to the original disks either in many cases and sorta feel more like a loose grasp at the concept and shape behind the disk without actually putting much effort into it. On top of that, their sheer number of jagged edges is worrying, sort of like a mass rerelease of 12.
(Mar. 06, 2020  8:44 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2020  7:57 PM)superrobotking Wrote: I just looking at the Aero and Aero' disc and though about how the Areo' isn't a core disk but can use a frame.

You see, here's where you're slightly misunderstanding things. The ability to use a disk frame isn't just something core disks do, but it's what defines them as a core disk to begin with. Core disks are the "core" of a two-part disk, with the frame being the non-core half. That's why they're core disks and not regular disks, like Wing or Sting. If it can fit a frame, it's a core disk. This means αero' and the "revamped" Hasbro Hypersphere disks are technically core disks, even though they're not numbered like the others.

That being said, Hasbro's revamped disks are sorta like cruddy ' versions, but really they're also not really very close to the original disks either in many cases and sorta feel more like a loose grasp at the concept and shape behind the disk without actually putting much effort into it. On top of that, their sheer number of jagged edges is worrying, sort of like a mass rerelease of 12.

Drake is literally 12, the second coming, and frankly, I've noticed Hasbro adds bits of metal to what the original shapes are but cut off the gimmicks and largely gut the discs, and a lot of these discs have really bad distribution and weights, so they're quite the horrible ' versions if they are