HMS - Unfair or advantageous?

keyblader007 Wrote:I is not only an upgrade Elmo!
Upgrades are Magnacore & Engine gear, HMS aren't compatible with plastic in any way!

.........................HMS IS an upgrade.
You're looking at it wrong. And upgrade doesn't have to be compatible with the previous system.

"The term upgrade is most often used in computing and consumer electronics, generally meaning a replacement of hardware, software or firmware with a newer version, in order to bring the system up to date."

HMS builds on Plastic, but breaks off compatibility with it. It doesn't mean it's not an upgrade, however.
keyblader007 Wrote:Everyone grow up!

I have HMS blades ok!

I prefer Plastic maybe because I started out with them and get more variety~also there are more grips and accessories for them!

I is not only an upgrade Elmo!
Upgrades are Magnacore & Engine gear, HMS aren't compatible with plastic in any way!

Maybe some of us don't like abandoning the things that got us into beyblade when it first came out unlike all of you!

I play both for the record and have pretty much all blades in both formats!

You like HMS fine but you can't argue with me that someone with only plastic blades and who only like plastic blades has a chance against a full HMS blader!

So I will end it here, because I am not the close minded one you are!

Not everyone likes HMS ok!

Dude, you're the one not even reading a single damn post so stfu. See if you've read them, you would have understood where we're all trying to point out at by now.

Yes, you can prefer plastics over HMS Beys, but they aren't superior to them.

Yes, but they're already upgraded beyond those systems since they like already outweigh them.

Stop with the format idea and read Elliot's (Spinster's) post.

Our point is that HMS Beys are in fact better, not liked by everyone.
Keyblader, if you like plastics more than HMS, thats fine (I actually do), but you cannot keep denying the fact that HMS are, from a competitive standpoint, better than plastics. Reason being, HMS are just better in every way.

HMS> plastic. It's as simple as that.
He's not arguing that HMS aren't better, he's saying it's unfair to use them. Which is false.
I never said that plastic was better then HMS!

You people all just add what the carp you want to want i say and blame me!

I read every post!

I know that they are better, god you are all impossible, well I couldn't give a carp what you all think since you just like adding carp to what I say like a rumor spreads!

I'm done, you and your group of followers win Brad, see if I care.

I kno whats what!

HMS better then plastic by far which is why I said it unfair, i never said illegal either!

Have a nice day! : D
THOUGH I KNOW I AM WRONG, I WILL DISMISS THE TOPIC TO SAVE FACE!
keyblader007 Wrote:HMS better then plastic by far which is why I said it unfair, i never said illegal either!

It is not unfair, it is advantageous because every Beyblader has the option to pick either HMS or plastic. What they choose to use is completely up to them and it is up to them to deal with their disadvantage that they brought upon themselves. Why can you not understand this?
Kei Wrote:
keyblader007 Wrote:HMS better then plastic by far which is why I said it unfair, i never said illegal either!

It is not unfair, it is advantageous because every Beyblader has the option to pick either HMS or plastic. What they choose to use is completely up to them and it is up to them to deal with their disadvantage that they brought upon themselves. Why can you not understand this?

Why can't you understand that not every blader has HMS?
keyblader007 Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

Why can't you understand that not every blader has HMS?

Not every Blader has good plastics, either.
Quote:HMS better then plastic by far which is why I said it unfair, i never said illegal either!

Actually, you did. Until I told you that wasn't true.
Keyblader,

If, perhaps, Takara/Hasbro elected some sort of shadow board to covertly design and distribute HMS blades to a select group of bladers to give them an edge over everyone else in competition, then yes. They would be unfair. But they're not. They're available to everyone. Even today, a few years after production of ALL beyblades CEASED ENTIRELY, you can still purchase HMS blades online. They were distributed to major retailers across the country, and the prices were comparable to plastic blades. As I previously noted, nothing is wrong with someone taking a style preference over plastics. But it's a childish response to say that someone who doesn't share your style preference is playing unfair. You know what? I dig classic cars. I like the way they look. The Delorian was a stylistic work of art. A Rolls Royce is a damn sexy car. The Model T was a wonder of engineering and design in it's day. Are any of those cars suited for racing? Hell no! Yes, I suppose you could hold some sort of exhibition race where all the drivers had to use Depression-Era trucks, and it might be entertaining, but it wouldn't be considered a serious competition.

Maybe automobile parallels aren't working for you, I'll put it this way.

I used to play Magic: The Gathering. I got on board right before Revised (3rd Edition), somewhere around 1993, 1994 (for those not in the know, I'm 25 years old), and played for about 3 or 4 years. I kept collecting for maybe another year after I stopped playing. The reason why I stopped playing? The game got too overpowered for my tastes. It stopped being fun for me. Not for everyone. For me. I still have all my cards and on rare occasions pull them out, sift through, make a deck or two, and remember the fun times I had when I was a kid with a great game. And they would be good decks 15 years ago, but they are not good decks today. I would not enter a competition today with one of them, and then complain when people use cards after the Weatherlight series.

The situation is unbalanced, not unfair. Nuff Said.
Oh Spinster, that was an awesome response. Too bad he'll read the first two sentences and then Quick Reply for you to shut up.
keyblader007 Wrote:Why can't you understand that not every blader has HMS?

I do understand that. I made that exact point earlier;

"The only way that HMS could be unfair (the whole old plastic vs. new plastic is different, they are of the same generation) is if the opponent doesn't own any (which is justifiable considering that Beyblade production has been halted) and the person with HMS still decides to use it."

And Brad, what I explained above, does make HMS unfair. For example, say someone had just gotten into Beyblade now and was unable to find any HMS, what would they do then? You can't say that it's their fault.

But, if this isn't the case Keyblader, HMS is advantageous for reasons I stated in my last post.
keyblader007 Wrote:Upgrades are Magnacore & Engine gear, HMS aren't compatible with plastic in any way!

Magical Ape MS
I don't know about tourneys in Japan but I remember there was a tournament where HMS wasn't allowed because it's way too powerful against plastics.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
keyblader007 Wrote:Upgrades are Magnacore & Engine gear, HMS aren't compatible with plastic in any way!

Magical Ape MS

Someone had to say it.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Oh Spinster, that was an awesome response. Too bad he'll read the first two sentences and then Quick Reply for you to shut up.

hahaha

Quote:I don't know about tourneys in Japan but I remember there was a tournament where HMS wasn't allowed because it's way too powerful against plastics.
Well if it wasn't in Japan, than it was just some person's own unofficial tournament since Hasbro hasn't had any since... that blader jam?
Quote:And Brad, what I explained above, does make HMS unfair. For example, say someone had just gotten into Beyblade now and was unable to find any HMS, what would they do then? You can't say that it's their fault.

I will concede this point. It's not their fault. But plastics are hard to find as well. There's plenty of good HMS on YJ right now.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Oh Spinster, that was an awesome response. Too bad he'll read the first two sentences and then Quick Reply for you to shut up.

Brad shut up, I read the whole damn post ok!
G Wrote:
Quote:I don't know about tourneys in Japan but I remember there was a tournament where HMS wasn't allowed because it's way too powerful against plastics.
Well if it wasn't in Japan, than it was just some person's own unofficial tournament since Hasbro hasn't had any since... that blader jam?

There were some Hasbro tournaments after HMS were released, and they banned HMS, but they also didn't allow customize grips in some tournaments and banned a bunch of other stuff.

So not a great example.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
G Wrote:

There were some Hasbro tournaments after HMS were released, and they banned HMS, but they also didn't allow customize grips in some tournaments and banned a bunch of other stuff.

So not a great example.
Wow. I never knew Uncertain
keyblader007 Wrote:

Never mind, he'll just Quick Reply to tell me to shut up. How about actually responding to the logical points people are making instead of whining? Stop being so rude to everyone who's trying to have a discussion or I'll have to ban you. Lips_sealed
Tamer Brad Wrote:Stop being so rude to everyone who's trying to have a discussion or I'll have to ban you. Lips_sealed

Aww, things like that inject a bit of life and excitement to the forum.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
keyblader007 Wrote:

Never mind, he'll just Quick Reply to tell me to shut up. How about actually responding to the logical points people are making instead of whining? Stop being so rude to everyone who's trying to have a discussion or I'll have to ban you. Lips_sealed

I just won't say anything then, cause whenever I try to make a LOGICAL example you all just attack me with ur opinions!

I'm not telling you to shut up that was uncalled for, but I said I'm done with this topic so I would appreciate it if my name wasn't mentioned anymore in this thread!
9:02:33 PM Keyblader007: u kno HMS are unfair against plastic
9:02:37 PM Keyblader007: u told me urself

9:07:46 PM Tamer Brad: V2 beyblades function differently from original Beyblades
9:07:49 PM Tamer Brad: they're still legal
9:07:52 PM Keyblader007: they are all metal and stronger plastic
9:07:57 PM Keyblader007: never said illegal
9:08:03 PM Tamer Brad: it's still fair.
9:08:13 PM Keyblader007: they can spin left or right w/o chanign them
9:08:16 PM Tamer Brad: yes
9:08:19 PM Keyblader007: unfair
9:08:22 PM Tamer Brad: original beyblades couldn't even spin left
9:08:22 PM Keyblader007: against non

Logical? Logical my carp Lips_sealed