[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

That's why I love HMS. There's just isn't any single AR/MW in plastics and MFB that would be decent in attack and defence (and before some says Basalt recoil is completely different from attack power).
Recoil is always bad. It has attack power through momentum and the gyration from the imbalance.
Samurai Upper is decent in Defense and Attack customs. (sometimes moving into DEMS' territory of wobblers)
Circle Upper is decent in Attack and Stamina customs. (sometimes moving into SCMS' territory of Defense)
I'd call Circle and Samurai Upper a lot more than "decent" at Attack... Samurai Upper bent pretty much everything over its knee. It is to ARs what Bearing Core is to RCs.
Samurai Upper and Circle Upper (dems in general) were works of art.. They were very intelligently designed and worked well for everything.. You could always use something for a more specialized combo, but if you wanted an "all rounder" you could look to those to for a safe decision.

To me, that's amazing.. If you simply purchased DEMS and Wolborg MS you might have a really hard time, but you could still be very competitive with just those two beys. I think the combo Ga'Hooleone basically re-discovered with my help shows that while there were certain parts in HMS that were overwhelming, you still have options.

A player skilled with attack types would have a good chance at beating a BC/BC2 combo using Samurai Upper, but if you took the risk and went with something more specialized like Jiraiya Blade, then you'd possibly net yourself a serious advantage.

There were enough choices to keep the game fun and interesting..

Also, the more I think about it, the more I believe GFC: UM was necessary to HMS play.. CWD: Defense ring (17g) with samurai upper was the best attacker in the HMS gen and simply allowed you to wreck all but the most defensive of combos.
(Dec. 29, 2011  1:16 AM)Hazel Wrote: I'd call Circle and Samurai Upper a lot more than "decent" at Attack... Samurai Upper bent pretty much everything over its knee. It is to ARs what Bearing Core is to RCs.

I kept it in the same context as Ultrablader: "There's just isn't any single AR/MW in plastics and MFB that would be decent in attack and defence"

Though, yes, DEMS design was absolutely magnificent. That is undeniable.
It is actually kind of amusing to me how the better Attack oriented ARs were almost perfect circles(most especially Circle Upper, since its ABS Caul protruded a lot less), while the better Stamina ones had more profound protrusions...

Kind of opposite day in the park.
(Dec. 29, 2011  1:16 AM)Hazel Wrote: I'd call Circle and Samurai Upper a lot more than "decent" at Attack... Samurai Upper bent pretty much everything over its knee. It is to ARs what Bearing Core is to RCs.

I have as many samurai uppers as circle uppers just for this reason.. brings a tear to my eye how great those AR's were Unsmith
As great as they are in retrospect, I can't imagine what it must've been like to be an HMS blader back then suddenly staring down the barrel of SCMS.

The day Bearing Core wept.
I just found out that there are 2 different DZMF RC mold!
One has free spinning and one not.
Don t know if this thing is known or not
I thought it was known honestly, it showed on the back of the box that the RBA4 mold had free-spinning while the RBA5 didn't. They also came with different CWDs as well so yeah.
Wow, why didn't they rename it Dranzer MFUV or something.
Personally, I'd rather have the blue mold w/ CWD Reverse Defenser and Free Shaft (IIRC?) Core, but my chances of being able to buy stuff like that are slim at best.

They did a similar-esque thing with Dragoon MF, but they kept the RC. The Fire Red and Black vers. had the alternate CWD.
i personally really like Metal Upper (Driger MS). i know it is outclassed by Samurai Upper and Circle Upper, but i love the smash it has in left spin (feels like a punch when i try to grab it while its spinning), and its stamina and defence ain't to bad.
The best use is properly compact because of it's shape. You'll never look at driger MS again once you get DEMS.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:06 PM)Poseidon Wrote: You'll never look at driger MS again once you get DEMS.

like i can get DEMS (no way i am spending whatever the high price to get DEMS, no matter how good it is). plus, metal upper is sweet looking Serious

IIRC, i was doing good with metal upper at the HMS tournament (but i did use wolborg for part of it)
What did you use exactly ?
Like I said it has a round shape so it'c good for compacts and survival (is it stamina in HMS?) so I assume it would.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:12 PM)Poseidon Wrote: What did you use exactly ?
Like I said it has a round shape so it'c good for compacts and survival (is it stamina in HMS?) so I assume it would.

AR: metal upper
WD: can't remember, either circle wide or circle balance (i think it was wide)
RC: Grip Flat Core

i used it more then wolborg because my bro can't use attack (so he used wolborg more then me). i could have gotten into the finals too, but i SelfKOed

on another note:
i really like HMS attack combos more then MFB, it is just easier to do a good sliding shoot. and it feels better to launch
HMS grip+rubber feels so much better than plastic and MFB launching, much smoother.
It was primarily used for Attack in HMS, I don't know where you got the idea of Compact from.

Wolfblade, at HPT3 Deikailo was selling a bunch of stuff (including multiple DEMS) you should have gotten one there. It wasn't expensive, really. But yeah, you can get a used one from members around here easily.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:38 PM)Dan Wrote: Wolfblade, at HPT3 Deikailo was selling a bunch of stuff (including multiple DEMS) you should have gotten one there. It wasn't expensive, really. But yeah, you can get a used one from members around here easily.

i spent my money on wolborg at that tournament lol.

personally i do not really think i need to get DEMS, what i need is a Grip flat core (i was borrowing from Deikailo), right now metal upper is good enough for my. i was capable of KOing as long as i didn't self KO
Actually I ve only blue DZMF RCs, they came all from RBV4!
I have 4 of them and 3 of them have a different kind of metal tip!
Mold 1 totally free spinning(not only it can rotate, it can also go up and down)
Mold 2 free spinning(it can only rotate)
Mold 3 totally fixed

lord wolfblade actually an uncustomized dems 4th molt can easly KO a MFB combo like MF earth c145 CS . I do really suggest you to try it,it gives addiction

Also why doesn t anyone use MAMS AR? it is just awesome. I used this combo MSMS AR Thunder dragon CWD DEMS RC, it was a super compact and super strong
I'm fairly certain that the MAMS AR is part of one of the better Defense customs... CWD God Ring and Bearing Core 2, I think?
It's a very popular AR, due to it's compact size and good weight, I don't know how you could miss it being used?
Actually I haven t tried it for defence but it does very well as an attack/compact combo with thunder dragon ar and DEMS RC.
Eistan MS AR looks quite great too, not as good as magical ape AR but still very good for compact!