[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

i dont know much about hms but im looking to get into it. i played plastics but quit then but i think they look cool. expensive though
Wolborg MS: game-breaking uncustomized. Bearing Core is just a must-have.
Dragoon MS: Grip Flat Core is essential for any attack beyblade. (unless you want metal change)
Dragoon MSUV: Extremely fast version of the previous. If not more essential.
Jiraiya MS: Bearing Core 2 is essentially the Wolborg 2 of HMS. The only viable Defense RC, unless you're into weight-based? IDK.
Dark Leopard MS: Can be used in that extremely dangerous combo. Nothing else.
Samurai Changer MS: Samurai Upper is a mandatory AR for any respectable attack user.
(Nov. 28, 2011  2:41 AM)Dan Wrote: Wolborg MS: game-breaking uncustomized. Bearing Core is just a must-have.
Dragoon MS: Grip Flat Core is essential for any attack beyblade. (unless you want metal change)
Dragoon MSUV: Extremely fast version of the previous. If not more essential.
Jiraiya MS: Bearing Core 2 is essentially the Wolborg 2 of HMS. The only viable Defense RC, unless you're into weight-based? IDK.
Dark Leopard MS: Can be used in that extremely dangerous combo. Nothing else.
Samurai Changer MS: Samurai Upper is a mandatory AR for any respectable attack user.
so what good combos are used with the bearing core? and what parts of dark leopard can be used? also whats the extremely dangerous attack combo. and finnaly i forgot about phantom fox. what you think about that?

and whats is better running core or running core 2?
Weight-based defense: Rubber Weight Core. Cool

Bearing core can just be Wolborg MS uncustomized. You could stick a Metal Ape as the AR as a substitute, or try a wobbling combo with Death Gargoyle's AR and a Circle Wide.

Dark Leopard has the AR used in the bey-breaking combo with Samurai Changer's CWD in Upper mode and a Grip Flat (Ultimate Mode if necessary) RC. It could break your bey or your own bey, but you need to be prepared to take that risk.

Phantom Fox is okay, the AR can be used in a basic attack combo with GFC and CWD Defense Ring. The CWD is the main attraction, it can be used in wobbling combos in conjunction with Bearing Core and Turtle Crusher/Knight Crusher (more preferred). However, that doesn't give it a real reason to be bought.

You do realize most of this can be found on Beywiki, right?
I think you mean all of it can be found on Beywiki.
Hah, point taken.

On a side note, I think I'm in love with the detail of the ARs in HMS, especially Metal Ape. Magical Ape is beautiful. In general though, they're extremely well designed in terms of aesthetics, and some of the recolors are even better than the original (Blue Sea Dragon cough cough). Very few are weirdly colored, but even then they aren't that bad.
(Nov. 28, 2011  3:45 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Hah, point taken.

On a side note, I think I'm in love with the detail of the ARs in MFB, especially Metal Ape. Magical Ape is beautiful. In general though, they're extremely well designed in terms of aesthetics, and some of the recolors are even better than the original (Blue Sea Dragon cough cough). Very few are weirdly colored, but even then they aren't that bad.

HMS, not MFB.

HMS Beyblades have my favorite aesthetics, overall, of any Beyblade series. Slash Riger MS(particularly the Fukobako - I am not fond of white) and DEMS are some of the most incredible Beyblades there are, to look at.
Derp, didn't see that. Sorry, edited.

2 words: Black DEMS. I think one was released, Brad mentioned it somewhere. If there is one, there is a god...
There is a Black DEMS - roux has one. I greatly prefer the blue one, however.

Is the grip from Round Shell MS compatible with the Dual Shooter?
Do you mean as in the normal HMS Shooter? If so, yes, it's preferred for Sliding Shoot for attack types due to the smaller size and such. If you mean the actual dual bey shooter, I would assume so but I'm not positive.
I evidently somehow missed the section on Beywiki that covered it - you need an HMS Customize Grip adapter part in order to fit the Dual Shooter on it. Still useful information, though. Anyone got any experience with the HMS string shooter? The string on it looks like a nautical rope...
roux has one, and I'm going to get one for Christmas. >Grin But I don't even see how it works. It still spins both directions? How? It doesn't use MFB's prong system, it uses clips for the BP, so how could it still be dual spin.
(Nov. 28, 2011  10:26 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: roux has one, and I'm going to get one for Christmas. >Grin But I don't even see how it works. It still spins both directions? How? It doesn't use MFB's prong system, it uses clips for the BP, so how could it still be dual spin.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Shooters_2
I believe your answer is found here. Looks like you just wind it in the other direction.
I'd seen the Beywiki mention of it, I was just asking for personal experiences on like launch power and stuff, and whether or not it's actually worth the big hooplah to fidget with it.

I assume anyone using one at a tournament would not be a fan-favorite, though... also, roux only has a Launcher Spring, iirc, not the actual grip, for sale.
Ah, I was referring to the String Shooter, which he recently received from Dio. He does have the Spring Trigger as well though.
Toywiz also still has several String Shooters in stock, actually, which is part of why I was asking if it was worth all the trouble of using it or not.

I'm perfectly okay with sticking with a Dual Shooter - I love the way they feel when you launch, and the ease of use is nice, too... skipping is just such a hugely widespread problem, and they wear really fast. It unnerves me.
The winders wear down really fast, yeah. But the smooth pull is amazing, I wish the Light Launcher 2's felt that smooth.

I was thinking about buying a String Shooter from Toywiz actually.
I finally was able to try the String Shooter out this past May at AN when Spinster brought his. It's weird. Nothing like the BeyLauncher because it's self-winding, as I'm sure you've already gathered. I only used it a few times, but I know for sure that the launch power and feel of it is not nearly as satisfying at the Dual Shooter's is.
Ahh, I see. That is disappointing, then. Guess I'll just load up on Dual Shooters somehow... well, one order of the cheap set(Driger MS, Draciel MS, Gaia Dragoon MS) should give me enough to last nearly forever anyway.

Thanks for chiming in, though. I was also wondering... is the difference, performance-wise, between Bit Protectors really as big as Beywiki seems to imply it is?
what could I make from these parts? also do i need anything else? (i.e launchers accessories,other blades?)
Shining God
Dragoon MS
Dragoon MSUV
Draciel MS
Magical Ape
DEMS
Wolborg MS
Samuarai Changer
Look in purchase consulation that's like starting out basic equipment. Just a heads up but that's gonna cost alot of dough. This combo dominated HMS though so these are your first to buy if your cost prohibeted.
AR: SAmurai Changer
WD: Circle wide
RC: Grip flat core/ ultimate version.
Looks like this thread isn't active, but I'll post this here anyway:

AR: Samurai Upper
WD: CWD: God Ring
RC: Bearing Core

my testing in Tornado Attack revealed it to have formidable defense and satisfactory survival.. It also performed well against lighter endurance types due to it having the ability to KO them.. It did well in defending against metal change core upper combos and did well against GFC combos.

I'm not proficient with attack types so I'm not confident in my results using them, but something heavy and fast is likely the best to use against this if you are proficient with attack types. Although, in my testing it still wasn't a guaranteed KO and could definitely backfire. Round Shell MS and a similar combo with more endurance are likely great counters against it too.

I lend it's great defense due to it being so heavy and having a sort of anti-upper CWD. Bearing Core 2 is obviously better for defense since it's nearly guaranteed to repel pretty much any attack type in TA. The reason to use Bearing Core is to have a really good chance against survival types while retaining a fairly good defense.

For reference, I used a 17g CWD for all the combos utilizing it.
Unfortunately, I don't have a TA so I can't test a lot of this stuff (I use a BB-10 instead lol). I like the use of God Ring with it, but an Upper AR combined with super tall BC? Why not use a similarly heavy blade but keep it compact, like Jiraiya Blade? You may have to make the trade-off with BC2, but could you do a comparison? Much appreciated Synesthesia, the combo looks very effective.

Speaking of Round Shell, that bey feels like the perfect inherent wobbler. It drains the opponent's spin completely and then falls on them. I love it.

A parting thought, could someone else test the Metal Ape+Circle Wide combo with Bearing Core and Bearing Core 2 for Stamina/Defense? The synergy between AR and WD is amazing, and the LAD ability (I guess that's how you would describe it, IDK what else) of the Circle Wide is accentuated by the Bearing Core/2, which also provides more Stamina/Defense (preferably Defense, since that's where it looks to perform best in).
(Dec. 28, 2011  4:56 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Unfortunately, I don't have a TA so I can't test a lot of this stuff (I use a BB-10 instead lol). I like the use of God Ring with it, but an Upper AR combined with super tall BC? Why not use a similarly heavy blade but keep it compact, like Jiraiya Blade? You may have to make the trade-off with BC2, but could you do a comparison? Much appreciated Synesthesia, the combo looks very effective.

Jiraiya Blade was noticeably better than Samurai Upper when used with BC/BC-2 actually.. Making this switch is definitely wise if you want way more defense at the cost of some survival, but it may be well worth it- especially if you're using BC-2

I used this attack combo to test:

AR: samurai upper
WD: CWD: Defense
RC: GFC: UM

It could KO both beys when using BC, but it definitely wrecked the samurai upper variant far more consistently.. It was no contest actually. This transferred over to BC-2 even moreso.. I wasn't able to KO Jiraiya Blade once out of several tests whereas I was able to do it on the second try against Samurai Upper.

I'll try metal change core against the Jiraiya BC combo, but for now, I'd definitely say for more defense, forgo Samurai Upper for Jiraiya Blade. For more endurance and decent defense, I'd go with samurai upper.
Sounds like a really decent Stamina/Defense hybrid!
Ever thought of using Metal Change Core instead? I realize it is a completely different dynamic, but the momentum should help vs attackers and provide more KO ability.
I just can't see Bearing Core surviving too well against GFCUM. (as you said)
Hmm.. maybe I'm just crazy!
MAMS AR wouldn't be a bad add either..