[HMS] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

This thread is used for the customisation and parts discussion. Any off-topic relating question will result in a warning.
For discussion on HMS in general, please use the HMS general topic.
Any question about HMS should asked in the HMS Q and A topic.
I'm actually trying to get enough money to buy a CWD God Ring (I know someone who has it), but yeah, pretty good design.

I'll be contributing a lot to this, since after today I will have 7 HMS.
(Nov. 05, 2011  12:57 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Eh, good to have a counter-part.
Quite lucky that sea dragon got realesed, it's virtually impossible to find CWD God Ring Uncertain. Thoughts ?

Well, of course. A CWD God Ring is too rare....
I always wanted Shining God, but I never got one. Also, even Sea Dragon is quite rare(?)
CWD Defense Ring are CWD God Ring have almost similar rarities IMO.
i got sea drake ar..lol..but i dont know how good it is competitively..but it looks ugly..
It's alright to use in smash, otherwise it's carp. Yeah it is rare, realesed in HMS random boooster act 2, but hasbro came along and realsed as a normal booster.
I don't get it, is this like HMS random thoughts or something? lol...
I've always wondered exactly how CWD God Ring and CWD Defense Ring compare in terms of performance. God Ring is one gram heavier, but do you think the small nubs surrounding the perimeter would affect performance in any sort of positive way if used on an Upper Attack custom?

I could test it, but don't count on it happening any time soon haha.
I don't recall too well, but God Ring was supposed to be better for defense because it was free spinning. I could be totally wrong though.
Considering Defense was quite 'weak' in the HMS generation, the difference between the two was not quite well defined. But from whatever I have heard, the main difference between the two parts was their weight.
As proof of my answer, I quote Poseidon's post here-
(Nov. 05, 2011  4:25 PM)Poseidon Wrote: It's alright to use in smash, otherwise it's carp. Yeah it is rare, realesed in HMS random boooster act 2, but hasbro came along and realsed as a normal booster.

This.
The 'RBV' version of Defense Ring was rare(accounting for less tests). And AFAIK, the Hasbro releases were about 3 grams lighter(?)
Also, those nubs around the perimeter might affect the performance if they came in contact, but it would be minute.
About what Cye said, I am not too sure if that was considered as a reason to label God Ring as 'better'. But, doesn't a free spinning part (leave alone bearings) degrade the performance of the bey?

Heck its too hard to find to reallly compare it, we need JR for this sorrta stuff Uncertain
TBH im sure god ring was better in the day from some what I got told by someone; nethertheless HMS defence wasn't viable realsitically...
Actually, God Ring's weight and shape allowed the free spinning part to work very effectively, especially when in conjunction with a tall RC like Bearing Core 2.

jan The Hasbro version weighed 2.6 grams lighter IIRC (15g). The TT RBA2 version weighed 17.6g.
I don't think slash riger's AR gets enough credit. I think it's just as good as samurai changer's and DEMS' for attack.
(Nov. 06, 2011  8:24 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I don't recall too well, but God Ring was supposed to be better for defense because it was free spinning. I could be totally wrong though.

Yeah, there's no doubt about that. It's also heavier and smoother. Those qualities also lend themselves well to Stamina/Spin Stealing combos, as well.

I was wondering about it's use in Upper Attack combos, though. The fixed nature of CWD Defense Ring might make it a better choice, now that I think about it.

Janstarblast Wrote:But, doesn't a free spinning part (leave alone bearings) degrade the performance of the bey?

Free-spinning parts generally do degrade the performance of a Beyblade (like CWD Devil Saucer), but if we're talking about parts like CWD God Ring, the War Lion S-AR, Scythe's PC Frame, etc., then no, they don't. Their smoothness prevents them from getting caught on anything.

Poseidon Wrote:Heck its too hard to find to reallly compare it, we need JR for this sorrta stuff Uncertain

I have one. It's the metal part of the CWD that is heavier though, not the ABS plastic part (Defense Ring), so that wouldn't make any difference in testing if you used the 17g CWD part with both Defense Ring and God Ring.
And the heavy metal part of CWD comes from Shining God and Sea Dragon (RBv2) correct? Is it present in any other beys?

Forgive my ignorance, but I just started getting into HMS. Smile
(Nov. 07, 2011  12:06 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: And the heavy metal part of CWD comes from Shining God and Sea Dragon (RBv2) correct? Is it present in any other beys?

No, it only came with Sea Dragon from RBA2, I believe. I was just saying that if you wanted to test/compare both CWD's, you could use the 17g CWD from Sea Dragon with God Ring so that there wouldn't be any discrepancy.
(Nov. 07, 2011  12:10 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2011  12:06 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: And the heavy metal part of CWD comes from Shining God and Sea Dragon (RBv2) correct? Is it present in any other beys?

No, it only came with Sea Dragon from RBA2, I believe. I was just saying that if you wanted to test/compare both CWD's, you could use the 17g CWD from Sea Dragon with God Ring so that there wouldn't be any discrepancy.

Ah, the Beywiki said that the CWD God ring weighed 18g so i guess I misunderstood which part of the at weight went where. Thanks!
(Nov. 06, 2011  11:34 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I don't think slash riger's AR gets enough credit. I think it's just as good as samurai changer's and DEMS' for attack.

Im not so sure. ive been testing slash upper against MFB along with DEMS' circle upper and it is very good for attack, but circle upper just got more KO's than slash upper. But this is a small difference and slash upper is a really good substitute and can be used very effectively.
(Nov. 07, 2011  12:17 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Ah, the Beywiki said that the CWD God ring weighed 18g so i guess I misunderstood which part of the at weight went where. Thanks!

Yeah; the weight used on Beywiki articles for CWDs is that of the regular 15g CWD metal part. So, it would be 15g + 3g for God Ring itself. Defense Ring weighs 2g.

(Nov. 07, 2011  12:19 AM)ACfalcon14 Wrote: Im not so sure. ive been testing slash upper against MFB along with DEMS' circle upper and it is very good for attack, but circle upper just got more KO's than slash upper. But this is a small difference and slash upper is a really good substitute and can be used very effectively.

Maybe this says something, but you should be testing HMS vs. HMS, not HMS vs. MFB ...
(Nov. 07, 2011  12:31 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2011  12:17 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Ah, the Beywiki said that the CWD God ring weighed 18g so i guess I misunderstood which part of the at weight went where. Thanks!

Yeah; the weight used on Beywiki articles for CWDs is that of the regular 15g CWD metal part. So, it would be 15g + 3g for God Ring itself. Defense Ring weighs 2g.

(Nov. 07, 2011  12:19 AM)ACfalcon14 Wrote: Im not so sure. ive been testing slash upper against MFB along with DEMS' circle upper and it is very good for attack, but circle upper just got more KO's than slash upper. But this is a small difference and slash upper is a really good substitute and can be used very effectively.

Maybe this says something, but you should be testing HMS vs. HMS, not HMS vs. MFB ...
True. But I dont have enough parts for good defense combos and I find MFB defense combos to be more of a challenge than HMS. They have much more stamina and weight with a metal face.

The dynamics of the physical interactions between HMS and MFB are completely different, though.

Not to mention any and all results are irrelevant because of these dynamic differences.
Just use a Bearing Core 2 combo, and then tell us what happens. I don't have slash riger or a good attack tip (Metal Change Core is my best one), so I can't test.
(Nov. 07, 2011  1:19 AM)ACfalcon14 Wrote: True. But I dont have enough parts for good defense combos and I find MFB defense combos to be more of a challenge than HMS. They have much more stamina and weight with a metal face.

Of course they're more of a challenge! But they're different systems. HMS should be evaluated based on their proficiency versus other HMS Beyblades, not against those of another system. You'll never see a HMS vs. MFB tournament, so it's pointless. And as Hazel said, the dynamics are completely different.

(Nov. 07, 2011  6:31 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Didn't MFB vs HMS happen with open format before though Tongue_out.

We axed that format for a reason, sooo. And I don't believe many (if any) were held in that format before anyways.