[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

What is an HMS beyblade?

These were the series that succeeded the original plastics series. They are fairly limited with only 28 HMS beyblades released compared to the plastics series which had more than 3 times that. They were also not widely released by Hasbro since that was when Beyblade died out and they stopped producing beyblades before all of them were released . These factors have made them quite rare and expensive. The most well known of the HMS series are the ones owned by the main characters, near the end of the third and final season of the original anime.

What is this thread?

This thread encompasses all of the following, for HMS Beyblades, however, as we do have the Beywiki, it is expected that you should search for answers there first. Rules apply here as in the MFB versions of these threads.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer
>>Identification of HMS Beyblades
>>Identification of Accessories
>>Part Function/Gimmicks
>>Other General Questions.

Purchase Consultation
>>All Questions Relating To Purchases, Prices, Etc.

Build Me A Combo
>>All Combination Related Questions.
NOTE: If you want us to build you a combination, you must list your beyblades. Listing whole beyblades and noting any missing/extra parts should be sufficient.

Things You Should NOT Ask Here:

Anime or Manga Questions. Ask those in: Beyblade Anime and Manga Questions

What a part is called, or what beyblade a part comes from: Use the Parts List on Beywiki

The Product Code of a Release, or which Release corresponds to a certain Product Code: Use the Beyblade Product List on Beywiki
General Plastics Discussion goes in the HMS General Discussion Thread

Discussion of Parts and Customizations goes in the HMS Parts Discussion Thread

For a full list of what was in the HMS random boosters look at the pages here:

http://=http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/in...S_Boosters
Nice thread Ultra! The list of links alone is a goldmine for the aspiring HMS blader. Smile
What would be the best cost-friendly HMS Beyblade I could buy?
Wolborg MS is the best HMS to get out of the box. It's a straight top tier! DEMS is another choice, but wolborg is better.
Why not put in this link:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...S_Beyblade

It covers nearly everything you made this thread for.. (minus accessories and pricings) Albeit, not interactive when it comes to combos, but it gets the top-tier job done. I think it deserves a worthy mention, I mean, it does do an astounding job of explaining 25/28 of all HMS created along with their uses.
It shouldn't be forgotten..
HMS counterpart as well??.. Nice..
So my first question is again as a part of Purchase Consultation+AQGA sort of..
I am yet to spin/own an HMS bey and the only stadium I have is BB-10 so what bey/s should I buy and what would be the cost of each?
Also I wanted to know if Bearing Core works well in BB-10 as well or is it way too prone to getting KOed?
(Feb. 17, 2012  5:27 AM)N0body Wrote: HMS counterpart as well??.. Nice..
So my first question is again as a part of Purchase Consultation+AQGA sort of..
I am yet to spin/own an HMS bey and the only stadium I have is BB-10 so what bey/s should I buy and what would be the cost of each?
Also I wanted to know if Bearing Core works well in BB-10 as well or is it way too prone to getting KOed?

Well, you can get wolborg and DEMS for altogether around $50-70 nowdays, so, you can make a pretty dominate combo. Id also suggest getting the common three, driger MS is OK, draciel MS has a 15G circle wide, and gaia dragoon has an OK AR.
What would be better to buy Driger, dranzer, gaia Dragoon, or einstein? I would prefer if you had them in a list with numbers.
(Feb. 18, 2012  3:40 AM)CrystalPegasus Wrote: What would be better to buy Driger, dranzer, gaia Dragoon, or einstein? I would prefer if you had them in a list with numbers.

Driger MS overview:
It has a pretty good AR, especially considering when it was released. It ca be used for compacts quite well, due to the small size, although Metal skill is better. Also, it preovides some smash attack, due to teh thick edges so, overalll, it's a good choice.

Dranzer MS Overview:
The AR provides multiple attack styles, both upper and smash. However becuase of this, practically both styles are fairly neglectable. The RC has a gimmick that alllows to switch between attack and endurence. In attack mode it lacks the spped and controllability of the infamous grip flat core. However, hasbro changed teh gimmick design. In attack mode, it was released with a much wider tip, endurence; a semi flat tip. In attack mode, the speed of manual change core is much faster, thus making it harder to control. In endurence, it has much less survival than the other mold, hence not as useful.

Gaia dragoon MS overview:
Gaia dragoon MS' Flat core is made from plastic. Because of this, many other RC such as grip flat core/ (ultimate version). However, the AR, although outclassed, has some uses for survival. Adance Adveserhas the same metal frame, which is a top tier stamina AR. The metal frame itself lends itself well to spin stealing and survival. The ABS however is different, and whilst advance adverser's is better, gaia dragoon's can still be utilised.

Einstine MS overview
The AR of einstine has fairly good smash attack, but again is outclassed by other AR's such as Jiraya blade. The RC has a jumping gimmick but again is outclassed and serves no real purpose.
Hope this helps make your choice.
It needs to be made clear that Dranzer MS is one of the worst HMS beys ever released, according to many people (including Brad).
It is, guess I didn't get to that. Im gonna write what to buy in HMS later anyway, so it's definately not going to be in there.
@ HMS Pro's

I'm going to purchase these for my Collection.

New in Box but they were opened to see what's inside.
What you Think it's worth???

RBA 5: Dranzer MF (Red)
(Yellow)

RBA 3: ADV Averazer (Purple)

Is Dragoon MA-01 basically the Same as HMS 5 Saint Beast Booster Dragoon MSUV Proto type Gray besides color, if you would choose, which one?

and a noob question, What is DEMS?
(Feb. 20, 2012  7:53 PM)DaWRETCHED-one Wrote: and a noob question, What is DEMS?

I can actually answer : Death Gargoyle MS/Dark Effigy MS. The latter is Hasbro's dub name, I believe.
Yeah, Dark Effigy MS is the hasbro name.

Bonus Fact: It's not the first Death Gargoyle/Dark Effigy, either, as there was a Death Gargoyle in plastics (in a random booster), which hasbro gave an engine gear to and called Dark Effigy G. So yeah, the MS part is important, haha.
Where can I can get a Shining God ms now? been finding it for ages.
You mean you've been looking for ages.

IIRC tough as hell to find.
I'd say your best bet is YJA lots, collectors vending or some oldie selling all their stuff. Or anything in between..
Yo guys, can ye help me with the prices for the followin'?

Phantom Fox MS
Dragoon MS
Dragoon MSUV
Advance Striker
(Takara) Sea Dragon
Wolborg MS
Jiraiya MS
Death Gargoyle MS/DEMS
Shining God MS
Advance Averazer
Slash Riger MS
Advance Eterner
If you actually found a way to buy those, I will murder you in your sleep th!nk. Serious

Dragoon MS NIB: 70-80 USDat best
Dragoon MSUV NIB: 90-100 USD at best
Wolborg NIB: 40-50 USD
DEMS: 50 USD
Shining God MS NIB: 120 USD at best (unless you get super lucky like some people and get it at 65 USD...)
Two of your Advance beys are on eBay USA already, check them out. Prices are decent.
Slash Riger Very Good Condition/Mint: 50-60 USD
Advance Striker NIB: 45-55 USD
Not sure about Sea Dragon and Phantom Fox, they aren't sold too often.

I'm not too knowledgable about HMS pricing, more so the names, combos and building for others, so correct me if I'm wrong. I've only based these off of what I've seen.
Don't worry, I haven't found a way for most of them, haha. Not that I won't eventually, I've got Y!JA figured out now. That said, things like Shining God MS will be passed on unless I see them in a lot with other stuff I want.

I can only see advance averazer and defenser?

Also, dayum, HMS be expensive (not that I didn't know this, but yeah). May have to wait a little for some stuff/probably go for y!ja stuff once I'm back to work and have money.
Hm, seems they've been bought while I wasn't checking daily yesterday...
Which ones were they?

If one was Striker I will rage.

That said, I will probably limit myself to a zombie and an attack bey and stop there for the time being.
Dragoon MS, Advance Striker, Sea Dragon (Takara, which is gonna be a pain), and Wolborg MS, and perhaps another survival AR, like Advance Averazer's or something. Perhaps also Phantom Fox because despite it being horrible, dat gimmick is the best, if I see one cheap.
Believe me, I would rage too. Been after one for a super long time.

They were the other 3 though. Guardian, Balancer and Eterner. Around 30 USD or so, which is reasonable for those 3.

I actually have a random Advance Balancer that I got in a trade on Sunday, but I still want Averazer for the RC and BP.
How much would a used (In good condition with most stickers) Green Dragoon MSUV cost?
Depends on the condition of the RC.