[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

(Mar. 08, 2013  6:34 AM)Aurora.Light Wrote: Which is better? Bearing Core 2 or Metal Change Core?

Which is better? Chalk or Cheese?
What is SG? I thought the bottoms were called running cores.
(Mar. 08, 2013  7:51 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: What is SG? I thought the bottoms were called running cores.

They are, but every so often I make a typo and use plastics abbreviations for their counterparts in other generations because I am so very plastics-centric these days, haha (lord knows how many times I've called CW's "AR's". In fact, when I wrote that post I was fiddling around with different SG's in a couple of plastics combos, so that was probably a big part of it (and me not noticing the error in the post I was replying to and using the same format probably didn't help either!)
These mistakes happen now and then, they don't always get picked up straight away but seeing as everyone seems to know what everyone else means, so it's not too big a deal, right?

Nice to see you posting again though! Perhaps the HMS CC list discussion can be revived and stuff can be sorted, with a more experienced person like yourself around now?
So, th!nk, you are saynig that metal change core is better than bearing core 2?
(Mar. 08, 2013  9:06 AM)Aurora.Light Wrote: So, th!nk, you are saynig that metal change core is better than bearing core 2?

I-uh... I think you should look into the phrase "Chalk and Cheese", or perhaps moreso "Apples and Oranges"... I.... Wow... I... I don't even know what else to say...
I figured it was a mistake, but since there were two people that said it, I was just making sure I didn't miss something. I'll look at that list when I get to a PC.
Wasn't noticed, so :

(Mar. 06, 2013  9:36 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: So how much is the Tornado Balance Type S worth?
I noticed but it's hard question to answer since they barely ever come around. The normal Tornado Balance is a lot more common for some reason.
Would like $36 be a good price?
Depends, if it's for collection in good condition then yes, it's a fairly rare stadium.

If it's for use, Tornado Attack is cheaper, and from what I've heard (a very substantial amount both of the performance of each and from people who have used both), a better stadium - TBTS is often described as "Claustrophobic". Though TBTS apparently has the thicker plastic, I never had any issue with my HMS damaging my TA.
It is NIP/NIB, haha !

I'll probably get it for collection then, haha.

Thanks as always th!nk.
Sorry for the double post but is a Circle Upper (mould two) a good replacement for Samurai Upper in Defense (and Upper Attack, in theory) ?
Look at beywiki. We have articles made by experts in this stuff and you don't even read them. One of the reasons that this thread is so much shorter than the plastic counterpart is that pretty much all the HMS beys have articles.
From the three common beys and dranzer, which is the best endurance running core?
Iirc, it's Driger MS's Semi Flat Core.
(Mar. 17, 2013  9:27 PM)Ultra Wrote: Look at beywiki. We have articles made by experts in this stuff and you don't even read them. One of the reasons that this thread is so much shorter than the plastic counterpart is that pretty much all the HMS beys have articles.

I actually have read every HMS article on Beywiki. I was asking my question based off what Beywiki said. The only comparison to Samurai Upper was that the Metal Frame or whatever was the same as Samurai Upper's. The ABS Caul is different, so I was asking if it was a good sub ...
I'm making to make two fun combos (maybe recolour them) but I'm not sure of some things

first one: the idea is to have at least a "OK beyblade" but resembling the first Gaia Dragoon (Black Version)
Metal Saucer (Black)
CWD Reverse Defenser (Maybe repaint it turquoise)
Metal Weight Grip Core (Black)

Second i wanted to make an intimidating "kind of dragoon"
Devil Crusher
Circle Wide
Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Version)
(For this maybe paint the grey plastic parts with black)

my questions, more clear
Is that HMS Gaia Dragoon a good beyblade and remember you the first one?
I don't know a more "intimidating" AR than Devil Crusher (can resemble a Dragon in some ways, is not that far away from one) but is the better choice to use it with Circle Wide and Grip Flat Core (UV)?
How good is CWD Free Saucer?
Hi, i have an HMS wolborg but it's tip has the bearing but misses the plastic tip. I also do not have a launcher because i found it in a random bionical bag from storage. Is it worth anything?
Um no. The useful part is the RC (running core) so if it isn't complete the only sellable part you have is the AR and BC.
(Mar. 22, 2013  1:23 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: I'm making to make two fun combos (maybe recolour them) but I'm not sure of some things

first one: the idea is to have at least a "OK beyblade" but resembling the first Gaia Dragoon (Black Version)
Metal Saucer (Black)
CWD Reverse Defenser (Maybe repaint it turquoise)
Metal Weight Grip Core (Black)

Second i wanted to make an intimidating "kind of dragoon"
Devil Crusher
Circle Wide
Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Version)
(For this maybe paint the grey plastic parts with black)

my questions, more clear
Is that HMS Gaia Dragoon a good beyblade and remember you the first one?
I don't know a more "intimidating" AR than Devil Crusher (can resemble a Dragon in some ways, is not that far away from one) but is the better choice to use it with Circle Wide and Grip Flat Core (UV)?

Gaia Dragoon's AR is usable in spin-stealing, but is outclassed by Advance Averazer and Eterner. I have no idea what 'remember you the first one' is supposed to mean.

If you want an attack combo, preferably use CWD Defense Ring over Circle Wide. GFCUV is good yes, but thanks to sellers nowadays good luck getting a good price for it. I guess you could call Devil Crusher intimidating...

(Mar. 27, 2013  2:56 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: How good is CWD Free Saucer?

There hasn't been much testing on it, but I would assume that it is inferior to CWD Free Saucer et al. because it is shaped with a fixed position in mind, but is free-spinning. This would cause the Beyblade to overall lose spin faster.

However, this is all conjecture seeing how I do not have the part to provide any evidence to back up my ideas. There may be other benefits that I am not aware of just by looking at the part.

(Mar. 27, 2013  4:41 PM)BBN-Gingka Wrote: Hi, i have an HMS wolborg but it's tip has the bearing but misses the plastic tip. I also do not have a launcher because i found it in a random bionical bag from storage. Is it worth anything?

Wolborg never came with a launcher to begin with.

Uh, you can't use a Bearing Core if it doesn't have the tip...It's not going to spin on the shaft.

It's worth probably 8 dollars at most, seeing how you're missing the best and most useful part of the Beyblade and it is used.
The hasbro version which he most likely has did bro.
Fair enough, I assumed the Takara booster.
(Mar. 27, 2013  5:05 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Gaia Dragoon's AR is usable in spin-stealing, but is outclassed by Advance Averazer and Eterner. I have no idea what 'remember you the first one' is supposed to mean.

If you want an attack combo, preferably use CWD Defense Ring over Circle Wide. GFCUV is good yes, but thanks to sellers nowadays good luck getting a good price for it. I guess you could call Devil Crusher intimidating...

I meant that maybe it can resemble Gaia Dragoon S but in Heavy Metal System (if there is a better WD besides Circle Wde and CWD Defense Ring for this, it would be good to know too)

My first beyblade (Gaia Dragoon MS) broke a few weeks ago, I wanted to make a "thematic" but "usable" attack combo has a tribute to it, that's why I am not making an Spin Stealer (I read the article)

There is another beyblade than Sea Dragon that has CWD Defense Ring? (if its Red, Grey or Black, better)

Thanks!
There are only yellow and light blue CWD Defense Rings sadly, and from Sea Dragon only. I'm not complaining though, Sea Dragon is one of my most favorite HMS in terms of design even though I absolutely love HMS in every way. If you need one, you could get one off of 3-Dog if he still has it, the guy has them pretty cheap.

Gaia Dragoon MS itself (using the AR, even the same color BP) resembles Gaia Dragoon G, not S.

I was saying that the spin-stealing option was the only possible use for Gaia Dragoon in any manner. As an attacker, it sucks and will eventually end up spin stealing if going in the opposite direction.