HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day - July 13th & 14th 2013!

School's out and summer's begun, and with that final ring of the school bell, a now three-year-old tradition comes back: HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day!!

This year, it'll be on July 13th & 14th. Several celebrations are planned for these special days of the year where we pay tribute to the generations of Beyblades that started it all!

Tournaments of the HMS or Plastic format!
The world's most active Beyblade communities come together to focus all the events on one power-packed day! Here's the current list of tournaments part of HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day:

Just like during the rest of the year, the top three winners in these tournaments can choose one of the following exclusive Face Boosters:
If you reach the top three in a Plastic or HMS Format tournament, make sure to let your WBO Organizer what your selection of the above Face Boosters is!

However, even if you don't place within the top three, you can still 'win'! All entrants of an HMS or Plastic tournament held on the Remembrance Day will also receive 1 extra Credit just for playing in the event! This means that you'll get 2 Credits just for participating, and that nets you a free Face Booster or more in our Blader Rewards Campaign!

Exclusive BeyLotto
You weren't sure about attending a tournament on July 13th or 14th, your bed is luring you with its comfort, and you needed extra motivation to get up and out into the wild to face the challenges of The Ol' Ones? The WBO introduces yet another exclusive, limited BeyLotto! The only requirement in order to be entered for a chance to win a prize is to play in a tournament on HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day!

OK, that was easy, but will you be able to withstand the pure awesomeness of the following prizes up for grab?!

1st Place: custom Plastic Beyblade from dio (to be determined), Driger MS (Gold), Dranzer MS (Red), Master Dragoon (Red)

2nd Place: custom Plastic Beyblade from dio (to be determined), Driger MS (Silver), Wyborg (Black)

3rd Place: Driger MS (Blue), Draciel S (Clear)

4th Place: Dranzer G (Red), Gaia Dragoon MS

5th Place: Thunder Dragon

Here's a peek at the rare, tournament limited Driger MS'!:

Additionally, the 1st to 5th place winners will have their choice of
6th to 30th Place will have their choice of
Also, because some tournament organizers may not be able to secure prizes for their tournaments in time, the top two prizes from the BeyLotto will be limited to the Bladers who finish in the top three of their local tournament.

Face Contest: Design a Plastic Beyblade!
Wh-what? The results for the previous Face Contest: Beyblade Photography are barely out and you're rolling us with another Face Contest?!

That's right, one can't wait for the other! This time, the subject is related to the series that started it all: we want you to design a brand new Plastic generation Beyblade! Will you design a new member of the GT Series? A Beyblade seen in the anime that wasn't released? Or maybe something completely new?

To find out all the details of this Face Contest, make sure to check out the following topic!: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Face-Con...c-Beyblade

New Face Booster for donations
It's been a while since we've had changes in that area, so we're introducing a brand new Face Booster as thanks for donations: Face Booster WHITE II [Image: bfq.png]! Since we really like all your generosity, we'll reveal the Faces included in this Face Booster:

Oh, three Phantom Fox Faces?! Mysterious! Exciting! That makes it the largest Face Booster ever!

When you make a donation of at least $10, you can now choose between Face Booster BLACK II, WHITE, and WHITE II! Donations can be made via Paypal online, or directly at tournaments simply by giving an extra amount to the host, who will then transfer the total amount to us.

You saw what we were able to achieve with BEYBLADE REVOLUTION: the WBO North American Championship this year? Imagine if everyone just gave five dollars, we could bring the Beyblading experience to a whole other level!

New Avatars
Like before, we're now offering you five new avatars to use in your profile to celebrate HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day!

You'll find them in the Avatar Gallery, when you go to your User CP and click on the left on "Change avatar". Enjoy!

Organized Play Rule Additions
We also have a few important rule additions for Organized Play:
  • Credits: You now may only earn up to 8 Credits per week. For example, if you win one tournament (earning 5 Credits), and then place 2nd in another immediately afterwards, on the next day of that weekend, or any other day during that same week between Monday - Sunday (earning 4 Credits), instead of earning 9 Credits, you will earn 8 instead. However, Extra Credits, such as the +1 offered for participating in HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day does not factor in to this count.
  • Winning Combinations: Bladers who place within the top three at any given tournament are now required to submit a list of the combinations they won with, and it is the responsibility of the host to submit it to the Committee along with the results/fees/etc. Preferably, we would ask that the host posts the list in the Winning Combinations thread and submit the list to us that way, but if a host cannot do that for some reason, submit it via PM and someone from the Committee will post it instead.

Exceptions regarding the posting of combos will only be made for Bladers who plan on attending large-scale, international WBO tournaments similar to BEYBLADE REVOLUTION in the near future. Situations like this will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. However, regardless of the situation, a list must be submitted to the Committee.

New Global Moderators: Ingulit and Cannon!

The time has come to add new members to our team, and two Bladers have shone their way to our reflections: Cannon and Ingulit! Welcome them all and welcome them well, they have been super great Members of the World Beyblade Organization!

And- ... Ouch! Watch ou-

Oh hey!

Looks like our very special guest has arrived finally! It's time for us to pass the mike to...

BLADER DJ~!!
ありがとう、カイーVさん!

こんにちは、WORLD BEYFRIENDS!! げんきですか? Blader DJ です!!! それは長い時間をされています!

WHAT IS THAT YOU ARE SPEAK? YOU DO NOT FATHOM? SORRY … LIVING IN TOKYO, I SPEAK NOT MUCH ENGLISH. PLEASE FORGIVE IF MY ENGLISH IS NOT AS PERFECT AS IT IS AS BEFORE. SmileSmile

ANYWAY… I AM HERE TO CELEBRATE THE THIRD YEAR OF HMS & PLASTIC REMEMBRANCE DAY WITH ALL YOU!!! THE YEARS SEPARATING US FROM HMS AND PLASTIC GENERATIONS ONLY CONTINUE TO BUILD … BUT WHAT AMAZE ME, AND WHAT NEVER FAILS TO IGNITE MY BEYHEART IS THE FACT THAT NEW DISCOVERYS ABOUT HMS AND PLASTIC BEY ARE BEING MADE EVEN ALMOST A DECADE AFTER PRODUCTION END …

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THE BEYHOBBY? ITS SAID LARGE VOLUMES ABOUT THE DEPTH OF THE BEYPARTS AND ITSELF GAME, BUT MORE LARGELY ITS SAID EVEN MORE ABOUT THE PASSION AND DEDICATION OF THE BEYCOMMUNITY! THINK … IF EVEN A DECADE AFTER HMS & PLASTIC BEY ENDED THERE ARE STILL DISCOVERYS TO BE MADE … NOT IT IS NOT STRETCH TO SAY IT WILL BE THE SAME FOR METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE!!!

BUT WHAT I AM TRY TO SAY IS THIS: WE ARE ALL STUDENT OF THE BEYHOBBY. NO MATTER FOR HOW LONG IT IS WE PLAY, AND NO MATTER FOR HOW LONG IT IS EACH GENERATION EXIST, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING NEW WE CAN LEARN … BOTH FROM OURSELVES, AND FROM OUR PEERS.

TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GROWN UP WITH HMS & PLASTIC BEY AND TO ALSO THOSE WHO HAVE MAY NEVER PICKED UP A PLASTIC OR HMS BEY … DO NOT FORGET THIS!!! USE THIS WONDERFUL CELEBRATION AS OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN (OR RE-LEARNED!) SOMETHING NEW!!

ベイバイ!!!
WHY DO I MISS OUT ON THIS AWESOMENESS?!
*Sigh*

Even if I was still in the United States I would still not be able to participate in one of the tournaments.

Well, I will be spreading the awesomeness of Plastic and HMS Beyblades by using one of the Avatars and I will be donating to the place that has kept the Beyblade Spirit going!

I may try my hand at the contest as well.
I wish I can do this on the 12th because I'm leaving for an unactive blader country on the 13th Unhappy
Yeah Remembrance Day!

I can't get enough bladers for a MFB tournament, let alone a plastics one, but I'll definitely be using my plastics on the 13th and 14th!(I already use then more than my MFB anyways)

I'm definitely going to enter the face contest!

The avatars... Ultimate Dragoon, Burning Kerberous, Blizzard Orthros, Gabriel.... is there Wyborg in there?

How much to donate for the new Face Booster? It's 10$ right?

Wow, custom beys by Dio! If he does Cybers..

Ooh cool Blader DJ is back!
Hopefully more tournaments will be added soon. Smile

(Jul. 02, 2013  7:09 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: The avatars... Ultimate Dragoon, Burning Kerberous, Blizzard Orthros, Gabriel.... is there Wyborg in there?

How much to donate for the new Face Booster? It's 10$ right?

Wow, custom beys by Dio! If he does Cybers..

Yup, it's the one beside Ultimate Dragoon.

Yes, $10 as always.

We're still not sure which ones we're going to have him create for us, but they'll be awesome, I'm sure of it!
Well in other question, what will happen if we host do not post Winning Combination? Will there be a consequences or anything?
(Jul. 02, 2013  8:07 PM)Stars Wrote: Well in other question, what will happen if we host do not post Winning Combination? Will there be a consequences or anything?

It is mandatory, so yes there would be. There may be certain situations where we would grant exceptions (as was explained in the announcement) and refrain from posting the list for a certain period of time, but regardless, a list must always be submitted.
This is great and amazing. I really like the new booster. Out of curiosity will Face booster White now be retired since White II is here?
(Jul. 02, 2013  11:33 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: This is great and amazing. I really like the new booster. Out of curiosity will Face booster White now be retired since White II is here?

Thanks! Personally, I've been wanting to release Slash Riger and Shining God for a long time now.

WHITE will not be retired. BLACK was only retired as a way of showing our appreciation for the people who supported the WBO early on. Generally, I think it's better for everyone if there is a larger selection available.
Omega get on this! my plastics are itching for battle.
Wow, really dislike the mandatory combo sharing thing, but I guess I'll have to learn to live with it. Even more upset now about not being able to attend. A couple of questions though, the 4th place prize is a Gaia dragoon recolor right? Not just the original. Not that anyone would want to damage them through use, but dio's beys wouldn't happen to be tournament legal would they?

Edit: too bad especially since this would be the one day when I would get to showcase my abnormally large Plastic and HMS collections...
Are people's combinations really secret and innovative ? Why do people dislike the rule when participants at your tournaments can already see what you are using ?
(Jul. 03, 2013  1:07 AM)Giraton Wrote: Omega get on this! my plastics are itching for battle.

Yeah! Australia needs to get something going.

(Jul. 03, 2013  1:10 AM)Time Wrote: A couple of questions though, the 4th place prize is a Gaia dragoon recolor right? Not just the original.

It's the regular colour. If it was a recolour, we would have included what colour it was in brackets beside the name.

(Jul. 03, 2013  1:10 AM)Time Wrote: Not that anyone would want to damage them through use, but dio's beys wouldn't happen to be tournament legal would they?

If he has modified any of the parts beyond simply recolouring them/creating custom stickers/etc., then yeah, they would not be tournament legal. Some of them (like his Cyber Dranzer) are probably far too fragile to use anyways.

(Jul. 03, 2013  1:10 AM)Time Wrote: Edit: too bad especially since this would be the one day when I would get to showcase my abnormally large Plastic and HMS collections...

If you can't make it to any of the tournaments, you should at least try to participate in the Face Contest!
Sometimes there's a certain part that you try to hide, for example I was running my phantom e230 thing for months before somebody figured out the tip at which point secrecy no longer mattered and I thus made a testing thread...

Then you might want to flip the fourth and fifth place prizes...
By definition, after you use something in a tournament setting it can no longer be a "secret" because it is impossible to completely hide which parts you are using. It's possible to do it for some period of time if nobody cares to try and see it, but if they do, it won't take long to find out if you're using some super secret innovative custom to win multiple battles/tournaments.

A red Dranzer G is pretty cool in my opinion! Cooler than Thunder Dragon, at least.
The judges also have the authority and actually the obligation to look at your Beyblades and especially the Bottoms to see if they are in good state ...

Anyway, we would like to introduce Cannon and Ingulit as the newest Global Moderators too!
I personally didn't see the new avatars in the gallery. Just some of the older ones like the one I have now.

Also, congrats Cannon and Ingulit Smile
(Jul. 03, 2013  1:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Anyway, we would like to introduce Cannon and Ingulit as the newest Global Moderators too!

Welcome to the team, guys. Smile
Sounds fun! Hope I can compete.
(Jul. 03, 2013  1:52 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2013  1:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Anyway, we would like to introduce Cannon and Ingulit as the newest Global Moderators too!

Welcome to the team, guys. Smile

Thank you!! I'll do my best, haha!

EDIT: And congrats to Cannon too!! Grin Grin
I figured they would get it eventually. Congrats guys.
Congrats Cannon and Ingulit!

Seemed like Cannon was acting a lot more like a mod recently, hah. (Btw this is not meant to say he was mini modding or anything)

Ingulit will be great to have as well, especially around the Customizations Forum.