Face Contest: Design a Plastic Beyblade!

Yet another Face Contest! Beyblade Design contests always command some of the most inspiring and creative Face Contest entries, so we are happy to announce that this time, in tandem with HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day 2013, we would like you to design your own Plastic Generation Beyblade! If you need some inspiration, be sure to check out some of the Plastic Beyblade articles on Beywiki!

The winners will get their choice of:

And yes, that's right, winners. The top four entries will win a Face Booster!

On top of that, the 1st Place winner will receive a custom Plastic Beyblade from dio (to be determined)! Check out some of his awesome work here and here.

So, here are some of the criteria your entry will be graded on:
  • Artistry: Obviously, someone who hand draws their Beyblade for several hours is going to be taken more seriously than someone who quickly puts something together in MS Paint. That being said, we understand that not everyone has the same artistic ability. Effort is what's important!
  • Originality: Try to think outside of the box and use ideas that haven't been used in Beyblade yet! At the same time, your concepts have to be relatively realistic.
  • Balance: Remember guys: there's no best Beyblade! If you make a Beyblade that's so broken it would theoretically ruin the metagame and be banned even by TAKARA-TOMY, try to think of something else! Don't draw a Beyblade that's only junk, but try to balance everything with good and bad traits!

And now for the rules:
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so work hard on it!
  • The WBO Committee isn't eligible. Sorry!
  • You have until 11:59 PM EST Wednesday, July 31st, 2013 to submit your design. Any entries after that will be disqualified!
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well!) However, you cannot post drafts of your entry and ask for feedback!

Good luck everyone!

Also, if you haven't seen them yet, be sure to check out the results from the latest Beyblade Photography Face Contest!
This is awesome to see face contests back to back. I actually had been drawing plastic beyblade a very recently! Ill be sure to put a lot of effort into it!
Im so gonna do this hopefully win, but if i dont thats okay, already have an idea in mind.
Definitely gonna try this Smile may the best artist win!
Awesome stuff! At risk of giving away my idea, can the Beyblade have a theme from something that isn't Beyblade related?
(Jul. 02, 2013  7:32 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Awesome stuff! At risk of giving away my idea, can the Beyblade have a theme from something that isn't Beyblade related?

That would be fine! Animals or constellations or whatever aren't necessarily inherently related to spinning tops either, so technically I'm sure every entry will have a theme that is not "Beyblade related".
Definitely excited for this, I have a lot of ideas for this.
Meh, I can't draw but sure lets see how much I can humiliate my drawing skills lol
Can't wait to see this lol
Does it have to be colored?
(Jul. 02, 2013  8:35 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Does it have to be colored?

No, but the more detail you provide, the better!
I know what it says about MS Paint compaired to labored hand drawing, but, would it be alright to digitally draw it? (I'm a little better on the computer, haha)
(Jul. 02, 2013  9:51 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I know what it says about MS Paint compaired to labored hand drawing, but, would it be alright to digitally draw it? (I'm a little better on the computer, haha)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Go for it! We just hope that people put some effort into their submissions.
Any chance dio would create the one we design?
Just one question- For the Bit Beast, is it okay if the drawing is inspired by MFB face designs? Because it's hard to draw an entire 'creature' in such a small amount without digital help.
(Jul. 03, 2013  6:34 AM)empress Wrote: Just one question- For the Bit Beast, is it okay if the drawing is inspired by MFB face designs? Because it's hard to draw an entire 'creature' in such a small amount without digital help.

as long the whole bey is plastics formated..i believe..it will do..
(Jul. 03, 2013  4:13 AM)Time Wrote: Any chance dio would create the one we design?

Uh I really doubt that. If it were an easy design, and had similar parts from previous releases, then it would be possible. If not, then he'd have to be able to mold the plastic etc. which is extremely tough.

My guess would be ones he had already created in the past, and has parts for it.
Another face contest...WOW so cool !!! i will be participating in this contest...
Hey bro there's no pic
Eh, sorry, I thought there was some post by ashton pinto, named DRIGER IN THE RAINFOREST.
When I replied, there was no post.
I just wonder what happened or otherwise, was it a dream or something? *MYSTERY* -.-
I have just made one plastic bey can i post it as my entry for this face contest ?
The contest is to design a beyblade, why would you need an actual beyblade to enter...?
Edit: Misread the post.
(Jul. 04, 2013  3:07 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: The contest is to design a beyblade, why would you need an actual beyblade to enter...?

He said he made one, so I assume he means drew one
(Jul. 04, 2013  1:54 PM)beybladeindia Wrote: I have just made one plastic bey can i post it as my entry for this face contest ?

I suppose, yes ? As long as it is your invention altogether.
I probably wont be able to enter this one, because I know literally nothing about Plastics. I might try and learn though. Is there a Beywiki articles that shows the parts of a plastic, how they are put together, etc.?