HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day - July 13th & 14th 2013!

(Jul. 13, 2013  3:07 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2013  1:17 AM)Kei Wrote: Ruling Clarification
  • Inverting the tip of Defense Grip Base (Seaborg) is now legal. The WBO Organized Play Univeral Rules do not currently explicitly forbid this, but it will be updated at some point in the future to reflect this rule clarification.

Now that is something great to wake up to. Plastics finally has an affordable, effective Attack Base. Thanks so much for making the decision so fast Grin

(Jul. 13, 2013  2:23 AM)DarkEagle3964 Wrote: I'd join, but lost my V2 Support Parts. Unless you guys allow entry without the parts. XD
Sadly, that's against the rules, however someone would probably be able to lend you some, or lend you a different base for your matches.

Yeah, unless someone I don't know/doesn't know me Would be willing to give me a Metal Dranzer BB and a Driger V2 AR. XD
It depends where you live, but in my experience people are usually very generous with lending on Remembrance. Most of us with large plastics collections are very excited to actually get to battle with them and see new bladers enjoy them. You mightn't get those exact parts (though I'm sure you could borrow an SG Flat Base (Metal Dranzer's BB) but you could probably borrow something worthwhile.

DynaZord: Apparently it was quite a simple matter, as our rules as they are written do not prohibit it, and neither did Takara's plastics rules. Uwik pointed out to me just now that it really isn't significantly different to turning E230's disk over, and despite the fact this has a much more significant performance difference, that is correct.

This actually makes attack one of the cheapest types to build a competitive combination for, with seaborg being cheap and fairly widely available, and Triple Tiger and Ten Wide both being available NIB for cheap (triple tiger is reason enough to buy driger g, Wolborg 4 comes with Ten Wide and is a great buy anyway). A big change from a meta where the best attack tip was fragile and basically impossible to find and thus very expensive, the second best was expensive and hard to find and quite limited, and the third best had no recoil control and for some reason usually costs >$50 as well. That was basically death in an already defensive metagame. This being legal is a huge win for the plastics metagame.

EDIT: BeyWiki's Seaborg article has been updated with information on the new "mode", read up on it here!
Those beylotto beys r AWSOME!!! I WANT THEM!!!
HMS tournament was epic! I came I first for the HMS but only like 4th or 5th for the Zero G. However there where no prizes for my the HMS tournament.......
(Jul. 14, 2013  12:10 AM)BubloZX Wrote: HMS tournament was epic! I came I first for the HMS but only like 4th or 5th for the Zero G. However there where no prizes for my the HMS tournament.......

But you get to choose one of the really nice face boosters, so that's great too!
BubloZX - There was no stopping you in our HMS. You won every one of your battles Smile

Don't worry though. We're going to make sure we're much more competition next time!
(Jul. 14, 2013  1:10 AM)rkalajian Wrote: BubloZX - There was no stopping you in our HMS. You won every one of your battles Smile

Don't worry though. We're going to make sure we're much more competition next time!

I look forward to it. And it was great meeting you. You and your son are great bladers. Even though I didn't win in Zero G I had a lot of fun and next time I'll be more prepared in that format.
(Jul. 14, 2013  1:27 AM)BubloZX Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2013  1:10 AM)rkalajian Wrote: BubloZX - There was no stopping you in our HMS. You won every one of your battles Smile

I look forward to it. And it was great meeting you. You and your son are great bladers. Even though I didn't win in Zero G I had a lot of fun and next time I'll be more prepared in that format.

Yeah, I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in some more tournaments!
It's always nice meeting new (and incredibly awesome) bladers!

I had a great time for my first HMS event. Even though I didn't do too well, it was a first of hopefully many for me. The only thing I can do now, is practice!

Not to mention, my only HMS is a Strata Dragoon
(Jul. 14, 2013  1:29 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2013  1:27 AM)BubloZX Wrote:

Yeah, I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in some more tournaments!
It's always nice meeting new (and incredibly awesome) bladers!

I had a great time for my first HMS event. Even though I didn't do too well, it was a first of hopefully many for me. The only thing I can do now, is practice!

Not to mention, my only HMS is a Strata Dragoon

Yeah I know HMS can get a little expensive but if you can throw $30 down on a beyblade Wolborg MS or Jiraya MS would do you some good. And with them being Defensive/stamina types they'll be less aggressive.
(Jul. 14, 2013  12:12 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2013  12:10 AM)BubloZX Wrote: HMS tournament was epic! I came I first for the HMS but only like 4th or 5th for the Zero G. However there where no prizes for my the HMS tournament.......

But you get to choose one of the really nice face boosters, so that's great too!

And you have a chance to win one of the top prizes in the BeyLotto!
Does anyone know how the Italian tournament went? It never got any replies.
Aw man, sucks I can't be entered in for the Beylotto, if only the tournament in Toronto, didn't end up like it did.
(Jul. 14, 2013  7:23 PM)LMAO Wrote: Aw man, sucks I can't be entered in for the Beylotto, if only the tournament in Toronto, didn't end up like it did.

There's a couple tournaments that didn't end up having enough participants, and I don't think it is fair to exclude the people who did take the time to at least show up and celebrate HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day, so I'm going to see if we can include people like you in the BeyLotto anyways. Smile
(Jul. 14, 2013  7:28 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2013  7:23 PM)LMAO Wrote: Aw man, sucks I can't be entered in for the Beylotto, if only the tournament in Toronto, didn't end up like it did.

There's a couple tournaments that didn't end up having enough participants, and I don't think it is fair to exclude the people who did take the time to at least show up and celebrate HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day, so I'm going to see if we can include people like you in the BeyLotto anyways. Smile

Yes, thanks so much! Smile

Which other places didn't have a successful tournament?
We had 7 in Connecticut
(Jul. 14, 2013  8:27 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: We had 7 in Connecticut

Yeah we where 1 short and get no face bolts. Better get something for that because it was a paid tournament lol.
(Jul. 14, 2013  11:51 PM)BubloZX Wrote:

Yeah we where 1 short and get no face bolts. Better get something for that because it was a paid tournament lol.

Technically no money should have been accepted if there was not enough participants, but I do think that the people who did show up should be rewarded for that in some way regardless.
Was their only one tournament that actually went the full way?
(Jul. 14, 2013  6:12 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Does anyone know how the Italian tournament went? It never got any replies.

It was simply organised at the last minute with confirmations done on Facebook. They had seven people confirmed on Friday I believe, so I am just waiting for news from Galaxy Monday.
(Jul. 15, 2013  2:27 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2013  11:51 PM)BubloZX Wrote:

Technically no money should have been accepted if there was not enough participants, but I do think that the people who did show up should be rewarded for that in some way regardless.

Hey hey also long as we count it for bey points then I'm happy to be honest. That was the main format I paid for. Wasn't looking to do much in the Zero G tournament because I know nothing about the new stuff. But we had an 8th, he just choose not to play once we actually started. I loaned him a grip shooter and Dark leopard MS and Jiraya MS and he just sat off to the side until we finished.
(Jul. 14, 2013  7:28 PM)Kei Wrote:

It's rough to pull together an HMS in an area that's not super densely populated like a big city. I'd say everyone who attended an event should at least be given the benefit of the doubt for coming out an playing.

How many of the HMS tournaments scheduled actually pulled in enough numbers?
At least two regions' tournaments (both plastic and HMS each) had enough participants, and I am waiting on news from Italy.
New York had about 15 for both tournaments, so we got that to work out.
Are we (Connecticon-Clave) still going to be included in the Lotto?
Its just my opinion, (please don't attack my thoughts, haha) I think the tournaments that were short of a few members should at least be added into the Lotto, if the points/wins won't count, which I can understand. But I think it'd be a nice reward for the folks who did show up and take the time to remember Plastics and HMS, and stayed to play, despite the fact that a few "necessary" people were not able to make it.
(Jul. 16, 2013  8:20 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Are we (Connecticon-Clave) still going to be included in the Lotto?
Its just my opinion, (please don't attack my thoughts, haha) I think the tournaments that were short of a few members should at least be added into the Lotto, if the points/wins won't count, which I can understand. But I think it'd be a nice reward for the folks who did show up and take the time to remember Plastics and HMS, and stayed to play, despite the fact that a few "necessary" people were not able to make it.

We were only 1 player short. We had an 8th but he didn't want to play. I honestly think we should just let it count this once especially since this was the first HMS tournament for CT and we payed. If it happens again at least we'll know not to pay before having enough players.