HMS General Discussion

Try Advance Attacker (Force Smash Mode) on Battle Change Core with Circle Heavy and Defence Ring on the RC. It's really fun to use.

I think Battle Change Core is a neat part, really underrated. I got lots of amazing knock-outs with it.
Something interesting:

Samurai Upper/Circle Upper Weights
Samurai Upper (Hasbro) - 21.51g (Metal Frame: 17.97g, ABS Caul: 3.54g)
Samurai Upper (Fukubako Box 2005 Red Version) - 20.65g (Metal Frame: 17.16g, ABS Caul: 3.49g)

Circle Upper (Hasbro) - 20.65g (Metal Frame: 17.91, ABS Caul: 2.74g)
Circle Upper - 20.74g (Metal Frame: 18.13g, ABS Caul: 2.61g)
Circle Upper - 19.69g (Metal Frame: 17.04g, ABS Caul: 2.65g)

These are the weights of all the Samura/Circle Uppers that I own. I've bolded the potentially interesting information. It says on the Samurai Changer MS article that Samurai Upper was only produced with the second mold of the Metal Frame found in Circle Upper ... but my red Samurai Changer MS has mold one.

That being said, it is secondhand, so it is possible that the previous owner switched the Metal Frames for some reason. Can anybody who has a Fukubako Box version of Samurai Changer (or any version, really) check to see if their Samurai Upper is indeed mold two?
Get Dan in here, he has one.

This seems interesting, hmm. Good thing my least favorite version was the red one. Tongue_out
I don't think Dan has specific enough scales, but I'll let him know he's needed.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this too...
(Mar. 03, 2012  8:18 PM)Zain Wrote: Great taste th!nk, I adore my green Advance Attacker... Got a dark blue one too and it's a beauty! Not to mention like 5 boxed ones... it's easily the best of the Advance series, the AR is so useful, I wanna try the force smash out on Aero Knight's RC! LOL sounds like a terrible but fun combo!

Hahah, yeah man. Honestly, the green one looks "right" to me. I guess it was the first one I saw.

(Mar. 03, 2012  9:56 PM)JBladerMS Wrote: Try Advance Attacker (Force Smash Mode) on Battle Change Core with Circle Heavy and Defence Ring on the RC. It's really fun to use.

I think Battle Change Core is a neat part, really underrated. I got lots of amazing knock-outs with it.

I want to do this. Apparently Battle Change Core was the weight-based defense RC for HMS, by putting a god ring plastic part on the RC's part and using another god ring, with CWD, for the WD. Yeah, two god rings, haha, but you get the idea.

I can't wait to get my battle change core, looks like it'll be great to toy around with.
(Mar. 04, 2012  5:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: I don't think Dan has specific enough scales, but I'll let him know he's needed.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this too...

It doesn't really matter if he has a scale or not; you can tell if it's mold one or mold two just by looking at it. I weighed mine just to be sure, and because I had never done it before.
Ahh, okay then, I wasn't really sure how pronounced it was, I'm sure he'll be along to help out whenever he awakens. It would be quite odd, though, if it were the case that it came with mold 1.

If you can tell from top-down pictures, JR-Tiger has one in his shop, but yeah.
I have a Hasbro Samurai Upper. How do I tell which mould it is without weighing it?
Yeah, my Fukobako Samurai Upper is mold 2 along with my ACT 3 Circle Upper.

Though, this could just be me but I remember my Circle Upper having a much more pronounced look compared to the Samurai Upper. I've gone and lost that DEMS so I'll probably send out a search party (consisting of myself and my spare time) to find it.. Yeah, I remember it being much more noticeable but it was secondhand so who knows?
I finally cracked open one of my NIB DEMS now that I have a suitable launcher and grip, and pitted ye olde

Circle Upper
Circle Wide(Draciel MS)
Metal Change Core

against

Circle Upper
Circle Wide(Draciel MS)
Bearing Core

pretty fun, overall. It took me a little bit to adjust to the mint Metal Change Core, but I started getting fairly reliable KOs pretty quick. None too surprised to see the Bearing Core pulling off some astounding KOs of its own, though.

Fun stuff!
Still only have my one HMS (Green Advance Striker w/ Circle Wide) and no launcher... My inability to customize and play has now resulted in me compulsively disassembling it and changing the mode and so on. The assembly of HMS is really neat, honestly I really don't understand at all why they changed anything for MFB, the way the fit together feels so, I don't know, comfortable? The design is just excellent.

... Yeah I'm not very good at patience or sanity.
(Mar. 08, 2012  7:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: Still only have my one HMS (Green Advance Striker w/ Circle Wide) and no launcher... My inability to customize and play has now resulted in me compulsively disassembling it and changing the mode and so on. The assembly of HMS is really neat, honestly I really don't understand at all why they changed anything for MFB, the way the fit together feels so, I don't know, comfortable? The design is just excellent.

Whoever thought of the HMS concept deserves a Nobel Prize.

Serious
Yeah, HMS are definately have the smoothest feel for me, the idea of a BP I think is better than a face anyway.
HMS is definately the system I am most comfortable with, despite not having a grip for my launchers.

(Mar. 08, 2012  10:21 PM)JBladerMS Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2012  7:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: Still only have my one HMS (Green Advance Striker w/ Circle Wide) and no launcher... My inability to customize and play has now resulted in me compulsively disassembling it and changing the mode and so on. The assembly of HMS is really neat, honestly I really don't understand at all why they changed anything for MFB, the way the fit together feels so, I don't know, comfortable? The design is just excellent.

Whoever thought of the HMS concept deserves a Nobel Prize.

Serious

It's because HMS is hard to improve upon.
True, true. HMS is the pinnacle of Beyblade, in my opinion. The only improvement I can think of is adding more parts. More mode-changing ARs too.
They managed to get most parts, though I would have liked a free-spinning, bearing supported attack RC, along the lines of Driger F's Shaft in Dranzer S Casings from Plastics, but that kind of part has never really been released as a single part anyway.

Still, I guess I should play around with some other RC's and see how they go first.

My sanity is going to slip away fully over the weekend, seeing as it is now Friday night, there's no post on the weekends, and it's still me, one HMS, and no launcher. I ended up hand launching it in left spin against a kid dragoon yesterday out of desperation :c
Who won? Haha, your time will come soon I'm sure. Smile
@th!nk
A bearing-powered Meral Flat is one of the parts I'd like to see, as well as Bearing Metal Change and a reversible Circle/Samurai Upper. Those parts might overpower the metagame, though.

Dude! You need an emergency launcher delivered to you by the U.S airforce! XD Seriously, I bet shipping is a pain where you live (Australia, if I'm not mistaken). It makes me feel guilty that I have like 20 launchers lying around in my shoebox, most of which I have never used.
A bearing metal flat? I'm not sure it'd be too effective but meh.

What do you mean by 'reversible' Circle/Samurai Upper?

I think the fact that he hasn't gone out and looked for one is more of a problem than living in 'straya.
Now that I think of it, I think I'll alleviate him of that when I send Zinrai..
Left-spin Samurai Upper/Circle Upper.

That would definitely break the metagame over its knee however, hah.

What?
That is already doable.. Have you never had Dual Shooter?
(Mar. 09, 2012  11:56 PM)Dan Wrote: What do you mean by 'reversible' Circle/Samurai Upper?

I mean a Circle Upper or Samurai Upper that can have its upper attack in either direction by flipping the metal frame or something. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT:
I think Ga'Hooleone meant a Circle/Samurai upper that uses it's upper attack in left spin.
Ah.

Either way it's still good. So yeah, Ga, you meant this as well?
Unfortunately advance attacker is all we have for left spin upper attack. That and eternal survivor..

You will actually start hating MFB (and maybe even plastics) if you actually launch an HMS bey!
The Neo Dual Shooter..... Man, its SO SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!

You'd actually want to throw away all other launchers you own, after using this.

As for the fitting of HMS, yes, it is too neat! There were a few problems before, as you might have read in the Bit Protectors article in BeyWiki, but still, even the worst of BP molds did provide a decent fitting.

So all in all, your patience shall be rewarded very well! Eee

As of now, I have a completely beaten up Gaia Dragoon MS, 2 Dual Shooters, and one Neo Rip Cord...
My Gaia Dragoon's condition is comparable to an old man who returned from a decade long voyage...
Its on the verge of breaking...

1.The Bit Protector has a minute crack.
2.The ABS Caul of the AR's underside is completely broken, which means that the metal part of the AR of my Gaia Dragoon is now completely free spinning...
3. The WD feels SO brittle, that it feels like I am holding a glass rod in my hand...
4. The RC is completely worn. It has become flatter than ever...

Poor Gaia Dragoon...
But, it still manages to beat my LLD, Meteo and Gravity hands down. Supaburn
No wonder HMS were meant to be so strong... Its a shame that Beyblade lost popularity back then...