HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - Toronto Beyblade tournament! (July 19th, 2009 - RESCHEDULED)

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: highparkthrowdownlogov2.png]

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 - 1PM
(originally slated for Saturday, July 18th)
MFB FORMAT

Calling all Toronto area Bladers! Come join Khel, Blue, and I as we host the first Beyblade tournament in Toronto in years (outside of Anime North haha)! Keep checking back here for more details as they become available!

We're hoping that we can create some sort of Toronto Beyclub, with HPT being the first event. Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! And of course, we'll do some ranked and free battles in between everything. Oh, and there will be some prizes!

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]
On the day of the tournament, all of us will be meeting at the Bloor entrance of High Park at 1pm (as shown on the map here) and we'll walk to the location. Anybody who shows up a little late can just use the map and pictures to find their way.

If you think there is a possibility of you getting lost or anything else coming up, PM Khel right now to get his cell number.

Attendance List:
Kei
Khel
Blue
Minion + other friends possibly
DynamicUno
kool-kid9980
D-Trix
del_dark_wolf
ozzy_pegasus10
sony323

Possible Attendees:
asterisk93
jamie
BladerQ
To
muslimboi

EDIT 7/19/09: The tournament is over! Thanks to everyone who showed up! Keep an eye out for details on our next gathering.

Final Standings!
1st Place: kool-kid9980
2nd Place: Kei
3rd Place: Khel
4th Place: Minion

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I'm sorry but i think its a good time to laugh xP
In case anybody was wondering about the video ... Khel finally got all of his footage uploaded the other day, so it I should be finished editing soon. Sorry for the delay!
It took me 6 frickin tries.

Damn was that a pain in the carp
Haha, sux that took so long for you, but I can't wait to see a video.
Nevermind, THIS is a good time to laugh xP
Uploading HPT video to the BeyChannel right now. Should be up later tonight.
Two months in the making ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MU5QpXx0BA !

(it's still being processed, so wait a bit for HD)
Video was brilliant. loved the music. [and minion's pants]

I'm not photogenic at all though D:
My escolpio looking cool even though it sucked.
Liked the video, Kei.

Song choice was a bit predictable. Tongue_out
Thanks guys, I'm glad you both liked it.

(Sep. 20, 2009  10:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Song choice was a bit predictable. Tongue_out

Chacha is brilliant. Grin
Nice video. Tongue_out
I'm glad it was put up. It got me excited for our next meetup here. XD
My camera is awesome.

If only I had more footage from it.
AHAHAHA
Those stamina blades reminded me of all those LONG battles.
I will now go back to cutting myself for remembering them x.x
NOOOOOOOO! i found this website too late. i went to high park that day. i brought my blade 2. i didnt know there was a tournament.
(Oct. 01, 2009  1:05 AM)DranzerPhoenix Wrote: NOOOOOOOO! i found this website too late. i went to high park that day. i brought my blade 2. i didnt know there was a tournament.

there's toronto meetups fairly often, wait for the next one
(Oct. 01, 2009  1:05 AM)DranzerPhoenix Wrote: NOOOOOOOO! i found this website too late. i went to high park that day. i brought my blade 2. i didnt know there was a tournament.

Do you frequently just show up in parks with beyblades? And then months later recall exact dates that you were coincidentally in that park?

Not saying you didn't, but it sounds pretty far-fetched...
(Oct. 01, 2009  4:23 AM)Minion Wrote: Do you frequently just show up in parks with beyblades? And then months later recall exact dates that you were coincidentally in that park?

Pft, doesn't everyone?
ahhhhhh damn i missed it oh well i hope their will be another one soon
(Oct. 06, 2009  4:46 AM)sharksfan19 Wrote: ahhhhhh damn i missed it oh well i hope their will be another one soon

We're trying to get something organized for November, so stay tuned for more details. Smile
oh SWEET and high park is near my uncles GREAT quick question before i head to bed what type of beyblades can we use
(Oct. 06, 2009  5:01 AM)sharksfan19 Wrote: oh SWEET and high park is near my uncles GREAT quick question before i head to bed what type of beyblades can we use

With temperatures dropping, it's unlikely that it will be hosted in High Park this time around; it will probably be indoors somewhere.

It will be MFB only, just as HIGH PARK throwdown was. Save any other questions you have for when we have more details, thanks!