HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - Toronto Beyblade tournament! (July 19th, 2009 - RESCHEDULED)

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: highparkthrowdownlogov2.png]

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 - 1PM
(originally slated for Saturday, July 18th)
MFB FORMAT

Calling all Toronto area Bladers! Come join Khel, Blue, and I as we host the first Beyblade tournament in Toronto in years (outside of Anime North haha)! Keep checking back here for more details as they become available!

We're hoping that we can create some sort of Toronto Beyclub, with HPT being the first event. Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! And of course, we'll do some ranked and free battles in between everything. Oh, and there will be some prizes!

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]
On the day of the tournament, all of us will be meeting at the Bloor entrance of High Park at 1pm (as shown on the map here) and we'll walk to the location. Anybody who shows up a little late can just use the map and pictures to find their way.

If you think there is a possibility of you getting lost or anything else coming up, PM Khel right now to get his cell number.

Attendance List:
Kei
Khel
Blue
Minion + other friends possibly
DynamicUno
kool-kid9980
D-Trix
del_dark_wolf
ozzy_pegasus10
sony323

Possible Attendees:
asterisk93
jamie
BladerQ
To
muslimboi

EDIT 7/19/09: The tournament is over! Thanks to everyone who showed up! Keep an eye out for details on our next gathering.

Final Standings!
1st Place: kool-kid9980
2nd Place: Kei
3rd Place: Khel
4th Place: Minion

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

lmao yeah. bucktop = guyanese slang for spinning piece of garbage.

I would, but some problems. I googled it and it's a good 35-40 minute drive from my place, and my weekends are already pretty crowded with music lessons and church. Now i'd have no problem missing an odd weekend to go to a tourney, but if i missed a class/church gathering, Parent's would want to know why, and "hanging out with friends" isn't a valid reason to them, but if they found out i went to a spinning top tournament of all things, Hell's wrath would be unleashed upon me.

Basically [they said this] I'm a worthless retard with the brain of an 8 year old because i'm into anime and spinning tops. I got an earful on they way to HP, and the fact that alot of children showed up didn't help the situation. They seriously walked by every 15 minutes and gave me dirty looks from the pathway. And everything was silent on the way back, but the stench of disappointment was abundant. My dad, in his rage, said that anime screwed my head up and he said HP would be the last he'd take me to, as long as i lived in his house. No conventions, no anything. I'm on my own basically. Sure, i could convince him to drive me to dufferin, but i honestly don't think i could endure forty minutes of this sh*t again.

Things are looking down, i better find a way to receive my ebay stuff without them noticing.

I really should've posted half of this in the random thoughts thread, so forgive me.
That's horrible.

You should tell them that they're not fulfilling their jobs as parental figures if they refuse to support your interests.
(Jul. 21, 2009  3:12 AM)Khel Wrote: First of when I tried to transfer the video to Kei's mac there was an error. This error has now corrupted that card and it needs to be reformatted. Nothing can be salvaged

The second SD card only had two matches. One was me vs. Minion. That turned out OK but was really long. Second was the final which the camera was not even pointed at the right freakin stadium.

Oh my god, are you serious? I'm so sorry! It's done the same thing to me before a couple of times, but it never corrupted my SD Card! ... D:

Thankfully, I was able to get 6 or 7 videos from the data that was transferred before the error occured; and they work fine in iMovie. Even if the second SD Card isn't that good, still upload it. I am sure there is something on there we can use.

And I have plenty of footage on my SD Card, and Blue's is surely the same.

(Jul. 21, 2009  3:15 AM)Khel Wrote: both me and Kei. I got like 3 passport and 1 entry fee. Kei should have the rest.

Yeah. Just need to see the piece of paper that we wrote everything down on so that we can determine who paid the fee, and who got passports. Blue should be scanning those soon.

Asterisk, I totally agree with what ♥ said. Those are your hobbies, they are what you enjoy, and that is all that should matter. Your parents need to be more accepting; they're being unfairly judgmental.
(Jul. 21, 2009  2:55 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: lmao yeah. bucktop = guyanese slang for spinning piece of garbage.

I got an earful on they way to HP, and the fact that alot of children showed up didn't help the situation.

Half the people who showed up were under 15/16, but the rest of us were between 18 and 27 :\

Quote:said that anime screwed my head up and he said HP would be the last he'd take me to, as long as i lived in his house.

But believing in God is a-ok! You can't have an imagination, unless it involves devoting your life to praising some all powerful idol.

Tell him God made you love spinning tops.
(Jul. 21, 2009  4:02 PM)Minion Wrote: Half the people who showed up were under 15/16, but the rest of us were between 18 and 27 :\

You forgot me, I'm 17. Tongue_out_wink
They went expecting to see people with tatts and piercings and stuff,
It's why i'm so eager to get stuff going in brampton. I could go to nearby events and not miss out on one of my favorite hobbies because of my parent's opinions.
(Jul. 21, 2009  4:05 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: They went expecting to see people with tatts and piercings and stuff,
It's why i'm so eager to get stuff going in brampton. I could go to nearby events and not miss out on one of my favorite hobbies because of my parent's opinions.

So were they pleasantly surprised?
(Jul. 21, 2009  4:05 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: They went expecting to see people with tatts and piercings and stuff,

Wait, what? Would they have been happier if we had tattoos and piercings?

We're game nerds, not street punk or bikers ::lol:: We have pasty skin and glasses.

And sorry Kei, I was guesstimating. We really had a wide variety of ages. Everyone was super polite and had a good time, I can't fathom why parents aren't cool with kids having hobbies. My parents were on my back about it for a while when I was 15/16, but they were never actively stopping me from attending events, or even really buying the tops. They won't help me buy the tops (usually), although last night my mom let me use her credit card to place a $100 order, so... I guess years of just buying them on my own has payed off.
Yeah,
I think khel caught them off guard.
(Jul. 21, 2009  4:16 PM)Minion Wrote: And sorry Kei, I was guesstimating. We really had a wide variety of ages. Everyone was super polite and had a good time, I can't fathom why parents aren't cool with kids having hobbies. My parents were on my back about it for a while when I was 15/16, but they were never actively stopping me from attending events, or even really buying the tops. They won't help me buy the tops (usually), although last night my mom let me use her credit card to place a $100 order, so... I guess years of just buying them on my own has payed off.

Yeah, I know haha. I agree 100% with what you've said here though; my parents were the same way for a little while.
Good surprise or bad?...
(Jul. 21, 2009  4:23 PM)Khel Wrote: Good surprise or bad?...

Yeah, what? What was surprising about you?

Haha, I feel so bad for asterisk. His parents are clearly not going to listen to any sort of reasoning about this. My friend Brian has had to sneak out of his parents grasp to attend anime conventions, and parties for years. He can't even wear the clothes he wants out of the house. He has to pack them extra, and wash them in secret :\
^
LMFAO TO.

And yeah, good surprise.
As in what otherwise looked like a regular person spinning tops.
lol
I know I was wearing a toque in the middle of July, as well as wearing head phones for hours, but atleast I think I look otherwise normal...
I look ridiculous.

I tried to find a pair of normal people shorts, but they're still packed in the attic, sorry if my pants were too much for your parents to handle Tongue_out_wink
i seriously don't understand parents like this

i mean it is literally outside of the realm of logic that my brain operates within
Minion- I liked your tie dye pants.

(Jul. 21, 2009  4:52 PM)To Wrote: I know I was wearing a toque in the middle of July, as well as wearing head phones for hours, but atleast I think I look otherwise normal...

Oh wait, I was wearing a shirt with a Mario screen on it. I'm a freak of nature...
OH
Um, I didn't mean to insinuate that the rest of you didn't look normal, just that they would've looked more at the maturish looking people. [who's older, khel or blue?]
So sorry if it seemed like that's what i meant v_v

To, your shirt was cool, and i have larger headphones than you that i take around everywhere. Just not that day, because it seemed like they'd get in the way.

Also, Minion, I told you at the event, I love your pants XD
That guy that was with you... U/N eludes me...
What was it again?
It takes a special quality for one to look normal in neon tie-dye pants.
You pull off the look ^^
Damn Arjun thats crappy. Im uploading right now btw I have about 1.2 gb my self.
(Jul. 22, 2009  12:18 AM)asterisk93 Wrote: OH
Um, I didn't mean to insinuate that the rest of you didn't look normal, just that they would've looked more at the maturish looking people. [who's older, khel or blue?]
So sorry if it seemed like that's what i meant v_v

To, your shirt was cool, and i have larger headphones than you that i take around everywhere. Just not that day, because it seemed like they'd get in the way.

Also, Minion, I told you at the event, I love your pants XD
That guy that was with you... U/N eludes me...
What was it again?
It takes a special quality for one to look normal in neon tie-dye pants.
You pull off the look ^^

DynamicUno, he doesn't post.
I'm a few days late, but I'm glad you guys got a good turnout.

It does really suck about your parents, though, asterisk. I'm in agreement with Brad. I can honestly never understand any parent that does this. It's unbelievable.

(Jul. 21, 2009  5:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i seriously don't understand parents like this

i mean it is literally outside of the realm of logic that my brain operates within

This, too.
Quote:That's horrible.

You should tell them that they're not fulfilling their jobs as parental figures if they refuse to support your interests.
arrrgh

Twice my router has needed to reboot while trying to upload the file. This is a long process as is, and these multiple tries are not helping.

Third time's the charm....
Lol Hang in there khel, for all of us!
-sees his computer breaks down-
o.o...
It actually failed a third time. However this time it wasn't directly because of my router, it was because my mom was clearing up some of the wires underneath the desk and accidentally switched off the power brick. I have not tried uploading since then.

Will try again tomorrow Tired