HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - Toronto Beyblade tournament! (July 19th, 2009 - RESCHEDULED)

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: highparkthrowdownlogov2.png]

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 - 1PM
(originally slated for Saturday, July 18th)
MFB FORMAT

Calling all Toronto area Bladers! Come join Khel, Blue, and I as we host the first Beyblade tournament in Toronto in years (outside of Anime North haha)! Keep checking back here for more details as they become available!

We're hoping that we can create some sort of Toronto Beyclub, with HPT being the first event. Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! And of course, we'll do some ranked and free battles in between everything. Oh, and there will be some prizes!

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]
On the day of the tournament, all of us will be meeting at the Bloor entrance of High Park at 1pm (as shown on the map here) and we'll walk to the location. Anybody who shows up a little late can just use the map and pictures to find their way.

If you think there is a possibility of you getting lost or anything else coming up, PM Khel right now to get his cell number.

Attendance List:
Kei
Khel
Blue
Minion + other friends possibly
DynamicUno
kool-kid9980
D-Trix
del_dark_wolf
ozzy_pegasus10
sony323

Possible Attendees:
asterisk93
jamie
BladerQ
To
muslimboi

EDIT 7/19/09: The tournament is over! Thanks to everyone who showed up! Keep an eye out for details on our next gathering.

Final Standings!
1st Place: kool-kid9980
2nd Place: Kei
3rd Place: Khel
4th Place: Minion

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Ok, Blue and me scoped out High Park. It's a really neat place to hold the event. It's a massive beast of a park, but we managed to find a nice area that is shaded (trust me if the weather was like today you will thank us). Blue took a couple of pics and will post them soon.
Awesome. My mom said it wasn't that good of an area in Toronto. Is that true? She said that my Dad would have to stay in sight of me since its a ''bad'' part of Toronto.
(Jun. 28, 2009  12:01 AM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: Awesome. My mom said it wasn't that good of an area in Toronto. Is that true? She said that my Dad would have to stay in sight of me since its a ''bad'' part of Toronto.

there's going to be several adults there so you will be fine
(Jun. 24, 2009  5:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: 1PM is early? lmao

Today I woke up at 3PM Brad. I'm not good when it comes to waking up on the weekends, lmao.

I have money for the blader pass, as well as if anyone wants to sell things (lmao, I'll even buy Bull).
Speaking of selling, does anyone know if they are gonna sell there?

P.S nice Sig To!
This is what we're aiming to provide for prizes (if we have enough people for a tournament!):

First:
Attack Stadium
Bey Reshuffle Set Stamina & Defense Type
Rock Leone
LL Drago

Second:
Libra
Dark Wolf
Dark Bull

Third:
Dark Bull

There might be some RBLV2's thrown in there, and maybe some other changes, but basically that'll be it. Grin
Now if awesome bey-prizes are not enough to entice you, well then you are hopeless.
nobody better whine about the entry fee now
I wasn't whining about it before. 5 bucks is a great entrence fee. How many people would we need for this tourny?
(Jun. 29, 2009  1:41 AM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: How many people would we need for this tourny?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-There-mu...tournament
Nice prizes. That will attract more people to the tourney Smile
It sure as hell would be weird to have all these prizes and weak turnout.
Did you guys get any responses from any BWR attendees yet?
Kei sent the email. He has not informed me of any responses.
Do you have to have a passport and map doesn't work even tho i can just google it
Passport or pay $5 tournament fee.
Those some nice prizes. There is nothing preventing me from coming (except me sleeping, but I should be good with the alarm clock). It's wheither or not I get Storm Pegasis in time. Since my Quetz is so perty, I fear of it getting scuffed, lmao.
Sweeeet. I'm going all out for that attack stadium. First place all the way ^^
Hmm. Kei and Khel will be there though, and from what i saw at BBWR, i gotta up my game...

Seriously though, thanks a bunch for doing this guys. This'll be so much fun depending on the turnout.

Hopefully we can get some free play in? rank battles?

edit: buying a passport because a "Blader Passport" sounds totally badass IMO
Of course you'll be allowed to have free battles and ranked matches. I'll be having quite a few myself.
Just dedicated the better part of my day to beylauncher practice. If i get the go ahead from my parents, i could probably get there a little early. You guys want help with anything?
Not yet, but if we do I will fire you a PM. Smile
I could get there before time too. I live fairly close. [I don't know what a 13 year old can do to help but if you need me I'm right here!]
hmm i guess I could buy a train ticket and get to toronto. lol only $100 XD if anyone wants I could bring my plastics and hms to sell lol I need money -.- bills suck and so does my job
It would be awesome if you could make it! Smile
lol well I will do my best then Tongue_out i'm sure I can find a place to stay afterwards.