There must be nine participants for an event to be a tournament.

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

So, the event today was sort of a bust as only four people actually showed up. Regardless, Maz still thinks Faces should be given out for first, second and third place (although he says he'd be OK with just first place ... he got first place, so I guess I can understand why).

I'm not trying to screw anyone over here, but it frankly seems unfair to people who put in the effort to win tournaments to hand out award Faces so easily. That's why effective immediately, for tournament faces to be awarded the event must have at least nine participants. This is to prevent a few people from getting together and pretty much getting Faces for just having regular battles.

Soon there will be a WBO Tournament Kit released that will more comprehensively cover tournaments. Until then, I'm posting this here. It's a matter of WBO policy, so everyone should be involved in the discussion.

Also, Faces awarded for tournaments that took place before the BeyPoint System was implemented have been revoked in light of this "Face-balancing" decision.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Definitely support this.

I think drawing a line between a tournament and a small gathering is important to prevent abuse. If we don't, then a few people at any given time could get together and get the faces with no effort put in, which is not what we want to happen.

Only four people showed up to Bicentennial Bey Tournament, which means that only one unlucky person would not get a face. Had there been one less participant, every one would have gotten a face. It's this kind of abuse we're trying to prevent.

I think a nine player minimum is more than generous.
I am definitely supporting this idea.

Some may oppose this regulation, however, it should be noted that this is necessary in the sense of providing fairness and yielding more ethusiasm as it will also help us to act more organized as the corrolating aim here is to gather more bladers under the community to keep things more alive and rank them accordingly that there would be a well-arranged friendly competition.

Therefore, think more carafully when you are posting-reacting as this regulation is being applied for the sake of all of us.
I'm inclined to agree. Earning a gold face with 6 people is not the same like earning gold at an event like BWR or (Sorry Maz). I mean there needs to be some exclusivity for earning a gold face. Mind you I would love to see a lot more tournaments, but handing them out at meets seems to devalue the face.
Agreed. Don't want my meet up, if I go, to count as a tourny. Wouldn't be fair.
By the way, if anyone would actually consider skipping meeting up with Bladers simply because you wouldn't get a Face ... I don't know what to say. That's pretty awful, and not exactly something we want to encourage anyway.
I wasn't comsidering that^^^, if you thought I was. Just clarifying.
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:49 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I wasn't comsidering that^^^, if you thought I was. Just clarifying.

No, I wasn't, but Maz said to me that not receiving Faces would discourage people from getting together. :\
=/ Not really. You still get Beypoints.
Very fair, nine people is still pretty small. It would prevent abuse, like synesthesia said.
I agree with this. It'll make everything much more fair.
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: No, I wasn't, but Maz said to me that not receiving Faces would discourage people from getting together. :\

The sad thing is that it might. However, for meets that would not be a problem since those who actually enjoy the game and want to play would show up anyway. Honestly I am considering doing a meet sometime in July if BWR does not work out for me (crosses fingers that it does) since there are plenty of bladers in the Toronto area I would like to meet.
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:58 AM)Arjun Wrote: The sad thing is that it might. However, for meets that would not be a problem since those who actually enjoy the game and want to play would show up anyway. Honestly I am considering doing a meet sometime in July if BWR does not work out for me (crosses fingers that it does) since there are plenty of bladers in the Toronto area I would like to meet.

Yeah, I plan on gathering a list of all the BWR participants so we can get something regular going on in Toronto. I shouldn't have to be there for people to get together!
Like Pichuscute said, they can still get Beypoints and if you get to a certain number of Beypoints, you'll get the Sapphire face.
I assume from what I have noticed this applies to Beyblade's Not Dead?
(Mar. 15, 2009  2:18 AM)Arjun Wrote: I assume from what I have noticed this applies to Beyblade's Not Dead?

Yes.
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:37 AM)Arjun Wrote: I'm inclined to agree. Earning a gold face with 6 people is not the same like earning gold at an event like BWR or (Sorry Maz). I mean there needs to be some exclusivity for earning a gold face. Mind you I would love to see a lot more tournaments, but handing them out at meets seems to devalue the face.

Although I do understand the logic behind this but, I feel as we are the only place actually having these tournaments and push through with them. I know most of the NJ/NY bladers are really good so facing 6 people can be equivalent to earning a gold at BWR. Not counting our tournaments as official or gaining faces for the tournaments here in NJ/NY area would really discourage trying to have tournaments. Since getting 6 together is hard on its own let alone 9? I also think someone mentioned that we should try and have less tournaments in the other thread, I dont think it would make a diference. We let everyone in advance know about it and people say maybe, then dont even bother not saying anything when they dont show up. Its not the problem of the host or those who showed. up. We all traveled pretty far to get to the meets and I feel like not counting our tournaments as tournaments isnt fair. I dont really care about the faces, I just care about the whole tournament thing.Understand where I am coming from?
(Mar. 15, 2009  6:05 AM)Pinoy Blader Wrote: Although I do understand the logic behind this but, I feel as we are the only place actually having these tournaments and push through with them. I know most of the NJ/NY bladers are really good so facing 6 people can be equivalent to earning a gold at BWR. Not counting our tournaments as official or gaining faces for the tournaments here in NJ/NY area would really discourage trying to have tournaments. Since getting 6 together is hard on its own let alone 9? I also think someone mentioned that we should try and have less tournaments in the other thread, I dont think it would make a diference. We let everyone in advance know about it and people say maybe, then dont even bother not saying anything when they dont show up. Its not the problem of the host or those who showed. up. We all traveled pretty far to get to the meets and I feel like not counting our tournaments as tournaments isnt fair. I dont really care about the faces, I just care about the whole tournament thing.Understand where I am coming from?
By the time I saw the listing for the tournament, I was too late to schedule my day off, which generally needs to be done two weeks in advance. Now, I'm not on here regularly, but I'm on here enough to notice a tournament in my area. The Jersey tournament was also VERY close to Evan's tournament in date. There was exactly four week's difference.

I think nine is a very fair number to the rest of the world. Most places don't even have anywhere close to 9 bladers in one state. We're pretty lucky to have some many people in one area that we actually stand a chance to host a tournament. Heck, I'm even grateful if I have someone to battle against!

Look on the bright side! We can use it as an incentive to recruit more competition. Wink
(Mar. 15, 2009  7:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote: By the time I saw the listing for the tournament, I was too late to schedule my day off, which generally needs to be done two weeks in advance. Now, I'm not on here regularly, but I'm on here enough to notice a tournament in my area. The Jersey tournament was also VERY close to Evan's tournament in date. There was exactly four week's difference.

I think nine is a very fair number to the rest of the world. Most places don't even have anywhere close to 9 bladers in one state. We're pretty lucky to have some many people in one area that we actually stand a chance to host a tournament. Heck, I'm even grateful if I have someone to battle against!

Look on the bright side! We can use it as an incentive to recruit more competition. Wink

Yeah, I know what you mean it being close to Evans tournament but having more events doesnt hurt anyone. Gives people a reason to practice. I asked everyone when they wanted the tournament dates and not too many people responded. I know you responded, because you told me you couldnt go on weekends lol. Teaching new random bladers kind of downgrades the competition if were just throwing them in to make 9 bladers as a tournament. Yeah, Im happy too that we got a pretty decent population but, its the whole thing that people need to make efforts to actually come out to tournaments. Like I know Evans last one was supposed to have like 18 people and 10 showed up which is reallyy good but, still a bunch didnt show up. The one today we had 13 people on the list and none of them bothered to say anything for not showing up besides Anubis.
Look how many Bladers are in the NY area. It is absolutely not unfair to expect nine people to count as a tournament, I think. If you have a problem with it, yell at the people who didn't show up, not me.

We're going to start enforcing penalties on people who say they'll show up and don't, so I'm sorry about that. But really, four people simply isn't a large enough number for us to acknowledge it as a sanctioning body. It isn't unfair, it's realistic.

I too think there are way too many tournaments happening too close together in NY right now. One every month or two is enough.
I agree with this, that is just a lack of commitment to the people who didn't show up. Uncertain
(Mar. 15, 2009  7:25 AM)Pinoy Blader Wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean it being close to Evans tournament but having more events doesnt hurt anyone. Gives people a reason to practice. I asked everyone when they wanted the tournament dates and not too many people responded. I know you responded, because you told me you couldnt go on weekends lol. Teaching new random bladers kind of downgrades the competition if were just throwing them in to make 9 bladers as a tournament. Yeah, Im happy too that we got a pretty decent population but, its the whole thing that people need to make efforts to actually come out to tournaments. Like I know Evans last one was supposed to have like 18 people and 10 showed up which is reallyy good but, still a bunch didnt show up. The one today we had 13 people on the list and none of them bothered to say anything for not showing up besides Anubis.
You teach new bladers and bring them to tournaments so they will gain experience from it and perform better at the next one. Over time, it will expand our community. How else are we going to grow?

Actually, I did contact Bluezee to tell him, at least (I don't have a stable internet connection) that Rakee's mother was in the hospital so he and all those he would be providing transportation for, would be unable to make it.
That's fine, totally agree. I wouldn't have been able to pick a particular number but there should definitely be a line and if you think it's nine well then that's fine. Sucks for the people who can't get to the bigger tourneys but then there are people who can't get to any events whatsoever. It's never gonna be perfect.
Well, maybe when MFB comes out overseas it will......Wink
(Mar. 15, 2009  8:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Look how many Bladers are in the NY area. It is absolutely not unfair to expect nine people to count as a tournament, I think. If you have a problem with it, yell at the people who didn't show up, not me.

We're going to start enforcing penalties on people who say they'll show up and don't, so I'm sorry about that. But really, four people simply isn't a large enough number for us to acknowledge it as a sanctioning body. It isn't unfair, it's realistic.

I too think there are way too many tournaments happening too close together in NY right now. One every month or two is enough.

Nah, I understand its no ones fault except those who dont show up. Im down for whatever you want to do. Enforcing penalties is a good idea. I dont think there would be a difference in holding less tournaments though, but we can just make them meets from now on.