HIGH PARK THROWDOWN - Toronto Beyblade tournament! (July 19th, 2009 - RESCHEDULED)

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: highparkthrowdownlogov2.png]

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 - 1PM
(originally slated for Saturday, July 18th)
MFB FORMAT

Calling all Toronto area Bladers! Come join Khel, Blue, and I as we host the first Beyblade tournament in Toronto in years (outside of Anime North haha)! Keep checking back here for more details as they become available!

We're hoping that we can create some sort of Toronto Beyclub, with HPT being the first event. Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! And of course, we'll do some ranked and free battles in between everything. Oh, and there will be some prizes!

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]
On the day of the tournament, all of us will be meeting at the Bloor entrance of High Park at 1pm (as shown on the map here) and we'll walk to the location. Anybody who shows up a little late can just use the map and pictures to find their way.

If you think there is a possibility of you getting lost or anything else coming up, PM Khel right now to get his cell number.

Attendance List:
Kei
Khel
Blue
Minion + other friends possibly
DynamicUno
kool-kid9980
D-Trix
del_dark_wolf
ozzy_pegasus10
sony323

Possible Attendees:
asterisk93
jamie
BladerQ
To
muslimboi

EDIT 7/19/09: The tournament is over! Thanks to everyone who showed up! Keep an eye out for details on our next gathering.

Final Standings!
1st Place: kool-kid9980
2nd Place: Kei
3rd Place: Khel
4th Place: Minion

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Awesome thanks. And also sorry xP. I am aloud to go for sure. Just need to wait for the time and specific place in the park.and what does HPT mean? thanks again!
It's short for High Park Throwdown...
Just sent out an e-mail to all of the BWR attendees. I hope nobody else has done this yet lol
Sorry could you send mine again please, dont think i got it. Also, It is really hard for me buying off of ebay because they only take PayPal, and i think paypal said that the money has to be in the right currency and i only got Canadian. Everything is in American. So i might not be able to even get a launcher unless from another store. Im looking at Ideal808 right now but a lot is sold out. So are you guys gonna be selling or you don't know yet?
(Jun. 23, 2009  12:06 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: Sorry could you send mine again please, dont think i got it.

Kei said the email was sent to only the BWR attendees, who may not know about this tournament. If you didn't attend BWR, then you weren't supposed to get the email...
Oh Beyblade War Room. My bad. Any help on my second question? Also, can someone please show me a link to the rules of the tournament.
(Jun. 23, 2009  12:45 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: Also, can someone please show me a link to the rules of the tournament.

http://worldbeyblade.org/wborules.pdf
(Jun. 23, 2009  12:32 PM)Aqua Wrote: Kei said the email was sent to only the BWR attendees, who may not know about this tournament. If you didn't attend BWR, then you weren't supposed to get the email...

I never got an email...
Does anyone know if they are selling at this tournament?
1. I have no MFB.
2. I need to know soon so i dont have to spend money off ebay. Rather get something i can actually look at and hold with NO SHIPPING COST xP.
(Jun. 24, 2009  1:22 AM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: Does anyone know if they are selling at this tournament?
1. I have no MFB.
2. I need to know soon so i dont have to spend money off ebay. Rather get something i can actually look at and hold with NO SHIPPING COST xP.

Yeah, uh, where do you think these guys are going to get the MFB to sell? dickson_c and buzztoy on eBay have some of the best prices you'll find.
K thanks, I found the two and wathcing some of their items. The prices are really awesome but its the shipping cost that is weighing me down. I was just asking because i asked before and someone said maybe. Just wanted to confirm.
(Jun. 24, 2009  1:28 AM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: K thanks, I found the two and wathcing some of their items. The prices are really awesome but its the shipping cost that is weighing me down. I was just asking because i asked before and someone said maybe. Just wanted to confirm.

The shipping cost is part of the item price ...

Do you really think they're selling these sets for 99cents?
So i want 5 items from him. Will i have to do each one seperately or somehow do them together adding the actual shipping cost.
(Jun. 23, 2009  3:47 PM)Minion Wrote: I never got an email...

The BWR attendees who are not members of the WBO (yet!). Wink
They're all members Kei, they all had accounts made for them.
How did I miss this? I really have no excuse now since the venue is literally just outside my door, lmao, nor do I have the cover of "I do not wants to go to anime convention". 1PM is a tad early for me (it's a Saturday, I sleep a lot), I'll try.

Hopefully my friend will have recieved the Storm Pegasis he ordered for me by then, 'cause I have no MFB shooter, and I really like my Quentz, and don't want to scuff it up. I should bug him to buy an MFB to come with me. If that fails I guess I can still drop by.

Put me on the maybe list solely because it's me.
I guess I should scrounge up some cash for the Blader Pass too.
Yes scrounge up the cash for the blader pass.

Also I have like four Right launchers. I can easily lend you one if you want. Just get your carp over here. XD
1PM is early? lmao
Awesome. BeyUk Espio is selling there. I guess i can buy Storm. Anyone else gonna sell or just him?
(Jun. 24, 2009  11:17 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: Awesome. BeyUk Espio is selling there. I guess i can buy Storm. Anyone else gonna sell or just him?

wrong event
How did i mix up High Park Zthrowdown with Summer Smash... I was so highped up too. I needed Storm!
(Jun. 24, 2009  4:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They're all members Kei, they all had accounts made for them.

Forgot. Lips_sealed
(Jun. 24, 2009  5:11 AM)To Wrote: How did I miss this? I really have no excuse now since the venue is literally just outside my door, lmao, nor do I have the cover of "I do not wants to go to anime convention". 1PM is a tad early for me (it's a Saturday, I sleep a lot), I'll try.

1pm is basically a placeholder right now. It might change.
Hi everyone, im seriously thinking about going to this event, since ill be in toronto that weekened. I need a little bit help though, i will be near the shopping center vaughan mills, does anyone know how to get there from vaughan mills? thank you
(Jun. 26, 2009  5:09 AM)Beynval Wrote: Hi everyone, im seriously thinking about going to this event, since ill be in toronto that weekened. I need a little bit help though, i will be near the shopping center vaughan mills, does anyone know how to get there from vaughan mills? thank you

http://maps.google.com
(Jun. 26, 2009  5:09 AM)Beynval Wrote: Hi everyone, im seriously thinking about going to this event, since ill be in toronto that weekened. I need a little bit help though, i will be near the shopping center vaughan mills, does anyone know how to get there from vaughan mills? thank you

I guess Vaughn is Toronto...

Step 1- Get to the subway (Downsview)
Step 2- HIGH PARK STATION
Step 3- Cross the street

http://www3.ttc.ca/images/fixedImages/TT...uide_2.pdf

If you're completly on your own and can't get a ride to the subway, it looks like the yellow viva runs out that way. If you're taking a TTC bus to the station, you figure it out Tongue_out