HELL Minute Molds

Is this like virgo? Are you home yet? Try hell 2 minute VS 3minute. Lets see if the statement solo spin time is irrevelant.
RB7 Hell Herculeo 100XF
02:26
02:22
02:27

BB-99 Hell Kerbecs BD145DS (TT JP)
02:22
02:27
02:24

I didn't get nearly the same results, unfortunately.
If you can post images, I can do a few rounds of solo spin, I have a lot of Hell Wheels, in theory I should have one, and I think I may have at least one that fits your description, but I need a picture to tell Smile
Such an interesting subject! I decided to test my own Hell - but I guess I can say my results were less than satisfying.

Hell Kerbecs BD145DS (SK Gold Hell, reinforcement points were OFF spaced - uneven)
Attack Stadium - Launcher Grip - LR Beylauncher

Launch 1: [2:42]
Launch 2: [2:15]
Launch 3: [2:35]
Launch 4: [2:21]

After testing I found a fault in my launcher (most likely happened after the first launch) - but not one big enough to change the results drastically I believe. I have fixed the problem and will test again later today and edit my results if there happens to be a change.
I'm not too sure if it should be noted that you can change the Hell Kerbecs' clear wheel to show the contact points, it might affect solo spin time.

Either way, I'll be posting up results soon, as I'm doing them right now as I wait.
I would imagine oriented to match the wheel's wings would be the best, but yeah.

Also, remember there is a hole under one of the "chain sections" on the cw, and we've had some very varied readings on Kerbecs' weights. Hell has a gap underneath it where a ridge on BD145 fits in, and there are two molds of BD145, which have a hole in them either next to or opposite to the "ridge" that fits into hell. Smile

So, Uhh, you re-used the same parts for both sets, right guys?
Yeah, I have 2 BD145s, but It wouldn't be right to use the 2nd one, same with my 2nd beylauncher.
Anyways, here are my results:

RB7 Hell Herculeo 100XF:
3:42
4:07
4:09
3:31

BB-99 Hell Kerbecs BD145DS (Takara Tomy):
3:36
3:53
3:24
3:48

There's barely any difference, but it seems like the RB7 one has a higher average spin time. Just to add on to what th!nk said, make sure that you use the exact same things, same DS, BD145, Face, Beylauncher, even the position of the clear wheel, just to reduce variables.
I find this quite interesting, thanks for the info!
"Seems" being the key word, hey. There's a lot of overlap. Significant difference and whatnot.

It's worth noting RBV7 includes both Molds One and Three of Gravity, and the two do differ. If you have Hell from there and a starter, it doesn't guarantee you have the same molds as the OP, etc etc. You need to check the reinforcement points and do spin tests

Just in case anyone makes or has made that error, hah Tongue_out
(Jul. 06, 2011  5:56 PM)Flame Aries Wrote: I find this quite interesting, thanks for the info!
Sorry, man:\
IMPORTANT UPDATE AS STATED IN THE OP

Quote:Reinforcement Points: (<-- for lack of a better term for the circles on the underside)

Apparently, the circles on the underside of the metal wheels hold no meaning behind the mold difference. They are quite random really. Some have 1 less circle, some have 1 off-placed circle, and some have circles which are evenly distributed.

[Image: Hellmolds.jpg]

I hope the picture provided clears up some confusion. It turns out that the circles on the underside do not really matter in determining which mold you have.
(Jul. 06, 2011  5:24 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: I'm not too sure if it should be noted that you can change the Hell Kerbecs' clear wheel to show the contact points, it might affect solo spin time.

Either way, I'll be posting up results soon, as I'm doing them right now as I wait.

Yes, you are right of course. I have done numerous tests regarding this issue. The final result I have is that different orientation of the Kerbecs CW only resulted in 3-5 seconds difference. (This is done when the heads of the Kerbecs end on the middle part of the Hell Wheel border, NOT the corners of the Hell
Nice pictures but which are from which though Pinching_eyes
(Jul. 06, 2011  6:44 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Nice pictures but which are from which though Pinching_eyes

It does not really matter at this point really. It seems that where it came from is random. But if you insist.

1. SK Hell Kerbecs BD145 DS
2. TT RB7 Hell Horuseus 85 RS
3. I don't remember where this one came from.
4. TT Hell Kerbecs BD145 DS (Japan edition)

I have a few more Hells. These four were selected because they are quite random, in terms of stamps (A1, A2, etc), and the circles underneath.
Hm.. Interesting, will give this a try on the plain [TT, Gold] Hell.
Uwik: 3-5 Seconds is not all that significant, but which way round was that? Simply: Is it aligned with Hell (so the spikes of BD145 aren't covered by the CW, or not?

If there's a two minute difference between two molds, then it's definitely important competitively, FWIW. Minor differences such as the 3-5s from CW orientation are less important than launch strength.
(Jul. 06, 2011  7:15 PM)th!nk Wrote: Uwik: 3-5 Seconds is not all that significant, but which way round was that? Simply: Is it aligned with Hell (so the spikes of BD145 aren't covered by the CW, or not?

If there's a two minute difference between two molds, then it's definitely important competitively, FWIW. Minor differences such as the 3-5s from CW orientation are less important than launch strength.

No, the Kerbecs CW do NOT align with Hell. It covers the spikes of the BD145. ('Stamina' mode if I could say this, as supposed to the 'attack' mode which reveals the spikes of BD145)

I find through my personal testings, that the mode where Kerbecs cover the BD145 spikes usually generate few seconds more in solo spins. Although, I'm not entirely convinced that it matters in a battle situation.

EDIT: Similar in a way, yet entirely different compared to Horogium on Basalt, while one of the Horogium modes is definitely better on Basalt. Give it a try.
Ungh, I always seem to get the Kerbecs CW's positioning wrong, lol Tongue_out

It wouldn't matter in a battle, unless you were matched with an opponent with identical launch strength (or the specific strength to outspin you by between 3-5 seconds, with whatever combo they're using), which, combined with the numerous other variables, is very unlikely.

At my tourney, I watched Earth __ DF145WD defeat multiple Hell Kerbecs BD145WD by outspin. The user managed to place third in a tourney full of Hell Kerbecs BD145WD, HF/S and whatever. Tongue_out

FWIW, Kerbecs seems to make the difference on Basalt. I need to do my own testing to back up Hero's findings though (hopefully he won't mind me mentioning them). That's the other time I was wrong Tongue_out
I'm seeing my regular Hell wheel that looks exactally like your picture of A1 and its got a time of 3 minutes and 1 second?! I thought the regular hell wheel was 2 minutes, but my launch strength is overpowered though. I make a RSF look like a RF. And my Hell wheel from the random booster 7 got 2 minutes. I noticed it moved around a lot.
Just because your Hell is a "regular" one doesn't mean it's going to have the same results. That's what the whole thread is about. It can have the same amount of circles and everything but they may perform differently.
Here's something important. I find hell is far more heavily affected by your launch technique than any other stamin wheel. WD seems to exaggerate this, not sure about DS, but if you lack a steady launch, it wobbles like mad, which cannot be good for it's stamina.
I know because my launch steadiness isn't always great. So, I guess you should be careful with launching when testing this, kay?
I have done some tests just now after reading through this thread. i have a Sonokong BB-99 Hell Kerbecs ( A4 stamp)and according to the descriptions above state that my mold of Hell is a 2 minute mold. My Results say this:

SK BB-99 Gold Hell Kerbecs BD145DS
3:48
4:10
4:01
4:04
3:54

My Results were surprising in my mind cause i only expected it to spin for 2 Minutes but as my results say it spun for more time. i want to know what you guys think of my results!
Alright. So that confirms it; 4 minute molds can come from any company. Although, have there been any 4 minute RB7 Hells? None, correct?
The picture does not dictate the mold you have. It is just to show that the mold difference in Hell wheels come from random sources, with random stamp numbers, and random circles underneath.

In simple term, think of it as Pre-HWS Virgo. There's no way to tell prior to testing, which mold you have.
(Jul. 06, 2011  8:07 PM)Hero Wrote: Alright. So that confirms it; 4 minute molds can come from any company. Although, have there been any 4 minute RB7 Hells? None, correct?

You are correct, none that I've come across so far.
Hey Uwik,

th!nk brought up a good point when I was PMing him. Remember when we had a discussion about whether CS or WD was better for Hell Kerbecs BD145? I remember that you had posted results. Those results could be very inaccurate though. I mean, you used two Hells but were they of the same mold? Those could have altered the results and make it favorable for one custom.
(Jul. 06, 2011  9:30 PM)Hero Wrote: Hey Uwik,

th!nk brought up a good point when I was PMing him. Remember when we had a discussion about whether CS or WD was better for Hell Kerbecs BD145? I remember that you had posted results. Those results could be very inaccurate though. I mean, you used two Hells but were they of the same mold? Those could have altered the results and make it favorable for one custom.

Hero,
you have a great point. according to my results i have a 4 minute mold , If needed i could test it with WD and CS?