[Guide]  What to Buy to Be Successful in Beyblade Burst (Needs Updating)

(Feb. 07, 2016  9:01 PM)ZachBob Wrote: Good points, FireFire! Also, taking Odin off of the list for now would probably be a good first move.

yeah i was thinking same too, as Odin is banned [which prove how OP it is lol]. but it has Blow which is very good. Central is Outclassed so Blow is only reason to buy [as of time of this post] so it's not completly useless
(Feb. 07, 2016  9:06 PM)FOUNTAIN-FIRE Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2016  9:01 PM)ZachBob Wrote: Good points, FireFire! Also, taking Odin off of the list for now would probably be a good first move.

yeah i was thinking same too, as Odin is banned [which prove how OP it is lol]. but it has Blow which is very good. Central is Outclassed so Blow is only reason to buy [as of time of this post] so it's not completly useless

Very well-put, my friend.
Updated the list. It doesn't seem Blow really has use outside of Odin. It's really not a must-have.

What do you guys think about Needle? It seems to be on par with Zephyr and Accel for Defense, but is it really needed now that Odin's gone?
(Feb. 07, 2016  9:11 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Updated the list. It doesn't seem Blow really has use outside of Odin. It's really not a must-have.

What do you guys think about Needle? It seems to be on par with Zephyr and Accel for Defense, but is it really needed now that Odin's gone?

i think Needle is not 100% must have as you mentioned Zephyr/Accel does the job quite well and Needle is harder to get [due to it comes in Random Boosters. (may have to buy RB more then once to get it)]
Oh just noticed it might be good to bold or underline the parts you want to emphasise under each item.
Maybe do the same for combos mentioned under each item too.
E.g.

Mitsu Wrote:Includes Wyvern which can be used as a defensive Layer and Ring, which has shown success on the stamina/attack hybrid, Deathscyther Ring Accel and Deathscyther Ring Zephyr. This set is also a good way to pick up parts such as Heavy, Defense and Survive.
Would you all say it makes sense to add Yggdrasil Ring Gyro for Gyro onto the list? It's done very well at two events are far as I know. We now have official testings, as well.

EDIT: I'm actually curious to know what the Montreal Bladers feel about Gyro after their tournament today. Would you be able to give your opinions on it @[Bey Brad], @[Kai-V], @[MissingNo.], @[loyd87], and @[Bae Master]?
Definitely an upgrade to Survive in my opinion, even if sometimes it can be insanely agressive and KO itself.
Deathscyther Spread Gyro was my go-to all day. Love it.
(Mar. 27, 2016  10:37 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: even if sometimes it can be insanely agressive and KO itself.

How consistent was this, curious? I don't recall this being the case, at all, throughout Sayonara-Bye Odin.
It didn't happen to me during the event but definitely happened at least a few times while playing at home.
I see Gyro agressive on start and it may selfko during that time else it work pretty well sometimes it wobbling and made it hard to punch with an attack type. Sadly I don't play with it because my gyro will arrive later then expected.

I will have a good valkyrie next time but my 2 worn have work pretty well for me today. but I do not used them often. my main go-to was Deathscyther Spread Blow. I think I lost one or two times with it.
I dislike how Gyro wobbles or at least leans downward easily, but I suppose Survive does this as well to an extent. I have no idea yet if it is clearly above Survive, but it should be on-par at least.
Gyro resist slightly better to burst that's the main differense IMO.
Hey, I havent bought many burst beys yet, but I was interested in Wyvern and Excalibur, because they both come with string launchers. I want to know which one is overall more competitively viable. Any suggestions?
(Mar. 29, 2016  3:10 AM)Prophet2 Wrote: Hey, I havent bought many burst beys yet, but I was interested in Wyvern and Excalibur, because they both come with string launchers. I want to know which one is overall more competitively viable. Any suggestions?

Definitely Xcalibur. All of its parts are great.
That said, maybe wait for the new releases that are coming in a few days ...?
Just gave this thread a little update for the first time in a while. What do you guys think?

This list will definitely change in a matter of days, hahaha.
(Apr. 05, 2016  1:19 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Just gave this thread a little update for the first time in a while. What do you guys think?

This list will definitely change in a matter of days, hahaha.
I think you could've held off till we get testing/tournament results in for the new releases before making an update, although the list looks fine pre dual layers.
About to give this list an update, just want to hear some of your opinions before I do. Smile

• I had planned on adding Rising Ragnaruk for Revolve and Gravity (definitely a given!) and I would also picture it would make sense to remove Yggdrasil because of it.

• I don't own a Kaiser Kerbeus at the moment but I know its defense is pretty OK; not really the same with its stamina though. Is it actually worth getting over a Wyvern?

• I was considering Storm Spriggan for Unite. I have yet to play with it more but from what I recall hearing from Dual Layers, Dual Fun! last Saturday, it's defense is pretty good and it could be launched for aggression. Is it really better than something Like Revolve or Zephyr?
I do not know, Yggdrasil in itself is apparently worth consideration, and I do not know if Revolve completely outclasses Gyro. Plus it has Ring?

As was mentioned in the Kaiser Kerbeus Discussion thread, it is not a matter of forgetting about Wyvern: Kaiser Kerbeus seems great, at least as great as Wyvern in Defense, but even that could be too early to say.

For me, Unite had way too little stamina and does not compare to Revolve or Zephyr in that aspect.
Revolve and Gravity is a no brainier.

I never had good experience with Kaiser Kerbeus, it gets OSed so easily, I definitely think Wyvern is a much better choice than something like K2 simply because of its horrible stamina. The only positive side is its Defense while Wyvern has both defense and stamina so something like VHR can't OS it. Not to mention how easily it is bursted against Deathscyther lol.

Just to add on a bit, I just played a few rounds with K2GR, it literally did not win once against these combos XHX, VHG, DHR, NHR and WHR. XHX destroys it when weak launched (yes i tried both weak and strong launch on K2), VHG just bursts it so badly, DHR just OSs it so badly, NHR barely OSs it, and WHR OSs it by quite a bit from what i've tested which was about 5 rounds per bey.

Unite is okay, though I really don't think it's a must get, the Aggression + Stamina factor only work for like the first 50 uses (mine is already so worn that it just stays in the middle no matter how hard you try to make it go agro). This is why I don't think it's worth, after those few uses Revolve just absolutely destroys it lol. But I've got to say Unite makes a great defense driver when worn (obviously with bad stamina). I really don't think defense has a play in the current meta game because of the lack of attack types, and until that Attack Layer comes, i think having super defensive beys is just useless.
(Apr. 24, 2016  1:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not know, Yggdrasil in itself is apparently worth consideration, and I do not know if Revolve completely outclasses Gyro. Plus it has Ring?

Huh?

I'd be wary of recommending any Defense stuff with Wild Wyvern on the horizon either way.
Definitely add Rising Ragnaruk, as it is obvious that is has 2 competitvely good parts.

K2 has great Defense IMO, but it has bad stamina, which I have mentioned before in the Kaizer Kerbeus Discussion thread. That is the reason I would not choose it for this list, as Wyvern is more versatile, as it has decent/good stamina + good Defense.

I tried DeathScyther ____ Unite (I forgot what Disk I used) at Dual Layers, Dual Fun and found that it had poor stamina, and may have had the stationary and mobile feature going for it, but didn't work out great for me. This could be just me, but it seems that others above haven't had good experiences with it either.
I am not sure why a great Defense Layer that is at least as good as Wyvern would not be listed, even if overall it cannot withstand Stamina types that well. That is not really what Defense types are meant to do anyway, they are just meant to survive through attacks.
Nobody's used K2 in a tournament-winning combo ever, so it seems really early to recommend it as necessary to be "successful in Burst." I feel like a pre-requisite for being listed here should be that it's been used successfully in a competitive environment. Also, to say it's "as least as good as Wyvern" seems premature.