[BST] Gyro Discussion

[Image: GYROBANNER.png]
- GYRO DISCUSSION -

Gyro is definitely a newer driver to have entered the Burst game. After success at Bursting Back Outside and Sayonara-Bye Odin, it's about time we have some testings on it up and running. Here are mine. Smile If you have any requests, please let me know! Feel free to post personal tests and opinions, as well!

Testings:

Video:
Interesting! its a great idea to support your test with a video! We could see exactly how it works!
Could you test a gyro combo against VHN please!^-^
Thanks for posting this, Mitsu! I did these tests a while ago, but didn't have time to do more or make a proper thread:

Equipment:
BeyLogger + BeyLauncher
BeyStadium Standard Type
First Beyblade launched alternated every 10 rounds
Parts swapped every 10 rounds

Deathscyther Heavy Gyro vs. Deathscyther Heavy Defense
DHG: 25 wins (17SF, 8BF) - 50% win rate
DHD: 25 wins (18SF, 7BF) - 50% win rate
5 draws (3 DBF)

Literally dead even over the long run. I do wonder however if Deathscyther Spread Gyro would reliably outspin Deathscyther Heavy Defense because Spread has better Stamina. Might lower the amount of Burst Finishes that occur in this match up too.

Deathscyther Spread Gyro vs. Deathscyther Spread Survive
DSG: 5 wins (3BF, 2SF) - 100% win rate
DSS: 0 wins - 0% win rate

Was tired once I got to this point, so only a few rounds ... three were Burst Finishes, but my general impression from these and some other informal tests is that this was no contest at all. Gyro is better than Survive for Stamina.
Wow, Using Valkyrie on a stationary driver is a very abstract idea, but it definitely works! I was always a big fan of the concept of stationary attack, and the addition of bursting will probably make it a viable option. Thanks for the tests Mitsu!
(Mar. 27, 2016  12:33 AM)StormPyxis Wrote: Wow, Using Valkyrie on a stationary driver is a very abstract idea, but it definitely works! I was always a big fan of the concept of stationary attack, and the addition of bursting will probably make it a viable option. Thanks for the tests Mitsu!

No prob! Valkyrie paired with Claw and Survive has been known about for the past few months though, haha. I thought stationary attack wouldn't see the light in Burst, but it definitely changed it instead!

Quote:Thanks for posting this, Mitsu! I did these tests a while ago, but didn't have time to do more or make a proper thread:

Thanks for the tests Scott! Grin
Deathscyther Heavy Gyro vs Valkyrie Force Xtreme
*Brand new valkyrie and Deathscyther*
DHG: Wins 8/20 (3 BFs, 1 OF, 4 SFs)
VFX: Wins 12/20 (10 BFs, 2 OFs)

DHG 40% Win Rate

Deathscyther Heavy Defense vs Valkyrie Force Xtreme
*Brand new valkyrie and Deathscyther*
DHD: Wins 6/20 (3 BFs, 1 OF, 2 SFs)
VFX: Wins 14/20 (13BFs, 1OF)

DHD 30% Win Rate

Deathscyther Heavy Gyro vs Deathscyther Heavy Defense

DHG: Wins 12/20 (10 BFs, 2 SFs)
DHD: Wins 8/20 (3 BFs, 5 SFs)

DHG 60% Win Rate

Wyvern Heavy Gyro vs Wyvern Heavy Defense

WHG: Wins 7/10 (7 SFs)
WHD: Wins 3/10 (1 BF, 2 SF)

WHG 70% Win Rate

Click here for detailed round by round results

In conclusion, I think Gyro is overall better than Defense, for two reasons, it is more burst resistant and it has just barely better stamina. As you seen from the Valkyrie Force Xtreme tests, DHD was a lot more prone to bursting while DHG had a little bit of the upper hand in burst resistance. I used brand new Valkyrie's and Deathscythers for both the tests to make these tests as comparable as possible.

*Quick side note, In stamina tests I always launch the two Beyblades hard enough so they make 2-5 laps around the ridge of the stadium, so I know the launch power is equal for the two beys I launched

I also did some tests between the two Deathscyther combos and DHD definitely had the upper hand in stamina but, DHGs burst resistance helped it get the upper hand on DHD, it was very rare to get a result where DHG actually beat DHD by spin finish, I found this rather odd due to everyone saying the two drivers were rather equal. Thanks to the previous results I decided to test the stamina of the two drivers by putting them on two of the least recoil filled layers, which is Wyvern obviously. Anyway when I tested WHG vs WHD, WHG had the upper hand in stamina by quite a bit when it was launched second, though it seemed to be more tied when WHG was launched first, this allows me to conclude that if the same launch power was used for both the Beyblades then Gyro would definitely have the better chance of getting a spin finish.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on Gyro, I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good stamina driver that's not Defense.
Quote:As you seen from the Valkyrie Force Xtreme tests, DHD was a lot more prone to bursting while DHG had a little bit of the upper hand in burst resistance.

Only judging by your tests, it didn't really seem Gyro was a lot more Burst resistant than Defense. 8 wins out of 20 matches really isn't that different from 6 wins out of 20 matches. Deathscyther Heavy Defense and Deathscyther Heavy Gyro were Bursted almost the same amount of times by Valkyrie.

There is no denying, however, that Gyro is definitely more versatile than Defense, in the current state of the game. Unlike it, Gyro can be used for stationary attack and paired with Wyvern for defense as well.

Thanks for the tests! Grin
(Mar. 27, 2016  3:27 AM)Mitsu Wrote:
Quote:As you seen from the Valkyrie Force Xtreme tests, DHD was a lot more prone to bursting while DHG had a little bit of the upper hand in burst resistance.

Only judging by your tests, it didn't really seem Gyro was a lot more Burst resistant than Defense. 8 wins out of 20 matches really isn't that different from 6 wins out of 20 matches. Deathscyther Heavy Defense and Deathscyther Heavy Gyro were Bursted almost the same amount of times by Valkyrie.

Yeah but, just look at DHD vs DHG, DHG won so many times by BF. Plus I did mention "a little bit" I didn't say it's like certainly better just because of the tiny burst resistance difference it has between itself and DHD.