Poll: Is gravity competitive

yes
65.22%
no
13.04%
not sure yet
21.74%
Total: 100% 23 vote(s)
Gravity Would probsbly do well here, so I tested it and compiled other's test for discussion here.
Equipment-Beylauncher LR
Beylauncher R
Zero-G attack stadium.
Note-All beys are TT.
My testing :

Other members testing.

Conclusions -
Gravity is a bit too light for its massive recoil.
In most cases, RS does better than SB.

Other than that, I will be taking request and RF+GP results will be put up tomorrow.

I admit i couldn't test it myself, but i see really many battles from standard and customized beyblades, but many times i see that attack combos usually have SKOs and defense or stamina combos winning being in the center of the stadium (not all the time, but most of the time) so, until now, i prefer old stadiums
I honestly doubt a need for a Gravity thread just because it would be tested in Zero-G... Zero-G didn't change how our old wheels work just how tips worked, and Gravity should preform about the same except with some staple parts for some of its combo not working well in Zero-G. At least this is my view...

EDIT: No one that I want to see this proably ever will but yeah. This is directed at Kai-V, what I am trying to say really is that will Flash suddenly be horrible at smash and Dark will be better because of a stadium change, what I mean to say is we have a small standard already and I don't think our Top Tier Wheels need to be retested unless there is a clear issue being said or that it is a obvious problem in Zero-G like BD145 and low Tracks. i think all he tips need to be retested not the Metal Wheels EXCLUDING New Zero-G Stuff from not being tested (Zero-G =Test Old Metal Wheels= Not so much, just to put in other terms to my confusing statement)
(Oct. 26, 2012  12:50 PM)*Billy* Wrote: I honestly doubt a need for a Gravity thread just because it would be tested in Zero-G... Zero-G didn't change how our old wheels work just how tips worked, and Gravity should preform about the same except with some staple parts for some of its combo not working well in Zero-G. At least this is my view...

... You are wrong. Everything needs to be re-tested for the Zero-G environment, and it is about time we all start being more productive about it.

abrakadabralaka, I appreciate your tests, but Ifraid Ifraid is not known as a good combination for anything, no ?
Who knows? It's kinda hard to when no one tests haha. It does have some use in Zero G attack types but I honestly can't understand why he'd have used it in a stamina combo.
Ifraid Ifraids primary use is in tall Force Smashers, like Jade.

I thought 160SB was defense, so I used Ifraid Ifraid as they were my heaviest now because I sold my Reviser and Saramanda. I could get Saramanda in a few days. Until then, the best I have now is Ifraid Ifraid 160/GB145 SB/RS.
I also can use Death.
I found out recently that Gravity's dual-spin feature comes quite in handy against Zero-G Attackers. Because opposite spin neutralizes the Stadium's sway, and Gravity is adaptable to that of its opponent's direction of spin, MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145RDF is pretty darn effective against Stamina, Defense, and even Attack types in the Zero-G environment.

We all know how this combo fares against Stamina and Defense in the BB-10, and just how notorious most D-series Bottoms are for being susceptible to Zero-G Attackers. Not to mention, the combo uses BD145, whose spikes are only a hindrance in basically every combination, but because Stadium-sway isn't a problem for Gravity in the opposite spin of its opponent, those last two disadvantages become almost nonexistent.

I'll definitely try to get some testing in on this soon. Wink
So I did *AJ*'s request but for some reason his post disappeared.

MFH GP ED145RS vs Ifraid Ifraid GB145CF(Sway atk)
GP : 12 wins (9 KO, 2 OS, 1 ZA)
Ifraid : 8 wins (6 OS, 1 ZA, 1 KO)
GP: 60% win

GP KOed Ifraid 9 times because when Ifraid was causing the stadium to sway, GP got tilted and spun at the edges of the stadium close to the exit pockets. So when Ifraid was circling around the stadium, it hit GP and got KO instead. AS for GP's spin stealing , RS caused it to tilt far too much, causing ED145 to scrape and get OSed by a few rotations instead.

I also did GPD125RF
MFH GP125R2F vs Reviser Ifraid GB145RSF (Best defense I have currently, RS was to worn)
GP:9 wins (All OS)
Reviser: 11 wins (8 KO, 3 OS)
GP : 45% win

Gravity was again too light for its recoil, hence Reviser was able to use GP's smash attack and recoil angainst it, so it was able to KO GP 8 times. The 3 OSes were because of the same thing except instead of getting KOed, GP hit the walls Causing it to scrape and deplete its spin. But if Gravity survived the first 15-25 seconds , it would be a battle of spin equalization, Gravity winning because it was on a lower track so as to be able to destabilize the opponent.
@Insomniac: I see your point. I can probably get a thread up on Monday. Any ideas on what is should be against?
(Nov. 04, 2012  2:45 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: @Insomniac: I see your point. I can probably get a thread up on Monday. Any ideas on what is should be against?
You should probably test it against Sway KO and Stamina types.
Just putting it here as well:

Standard Procedure
Zero G Attack Type Stadium
BeyLauncher LR
Launcher Rubber

MF-H GP (Stam) BD145 RDF vs Duo Sagittario II 230 BWD
Duo launched first ten rounds, the GP next ten.

Duo: 9 wins, all OS
Gravity: 11 wins, all OS
Win Rate: 55%
It was much better than this makes it look, lol.

Spin stealing yo, Gravity Tank is back.
I wonder how Gravity on BD145 did so well against Duo. From what I have seen, BD145 RDF scrapes horribly in the BBG-04 stadium and it barely has any spin left when it makes proper contact, so it cannot spin steal either.
You see, it does not scrape if it nullifies sway. And if RDF does scrape, it scrapes then (sometimes) gets back up, and if it does not, it rolls until it does. It does not really give BD145 any chance to scrape.