Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced!

The themes for the Semi Finals have be chosen!

Semi Final 1: NoodooSoup Vs Omega - Theme is 'Pokemon'.
*Entries due the 21st of August*

Semi Final 2: Fyuuor Vs othellog - Theme is 'Ubuntu Linux'
*Entries due the 20th of August*

(Aug. 15, 2011  12:19 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: The themes for the Semi Finals have be chosen!

Semi Final 1: NoodooSoup Vs Omega - Theme is 'Pokemon'.

*Entries due the 21st of August*

Semi Final 2: Fyuuor Vs othellog - Theme is 'Ubuntu Linux'
*Entries due the 20th of August*
Omega that is a bold choice. That battle will be interesting, too.

I don't why I'm so damn exited, but look at my beypoints. Tongue_out
(Aug. 15, 2011  3:08 AM)othellog Wrote: Omega that is a bold choice. That battle will be interesting, too.

I suppose you could claim that your choice is as well.

Though I see it more as a calculated risk on your behalf.
(Aug. 15, 2011  3:42 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2011  3:08 AM)othellog Wrote: Omega that is a bold choice. That battle will be interesting, too.

I suppose you could claim that your choice is as well.

Though I see it more as a calculated risk on your behalf.
Well, the fact that my op is Linux factors in. Tongue_out
I chose it mostly because I've really wanted to do a operating system based signature.
Now that I think of it, tech is your style, but we'll see what happens Saturday.
I've recieved Omega and NoodooSoup's entries, while I've completed my sig as well.

The deadline for both Semi Final battles are still a few days away, but if the participants agree I can post their battles sooner? Saves us from waiting until Saturday or Sunday. If either participant would prefer the extra few days to work on their entry I won't create the thread. But if both participants are more then happy having their battle posted sooner, I don't mind creating the thread sooner.

othellog
Just wondering have you completed your entry othellog? There's no rush, the deadline is still the 20th of August. Simply if you're completed your entry early, and your comfortable having the battle posted sooner we can. If you don't want to have your battle posted sooner and would prefer to have the extra few days that's cool Joyful_3
I want it posted sooner, if Omega's okay with it Tongue_out
He should be. I'll PM him and othellog to find out Joyful_3
Fyuuor,
I turned in my entry. Lets start the battle asap. Tongue_out
Awesome! I've sent Xyo a message to let him know to create the thread as soon as possbile.

Also, the 1st Semi Final has just been posted! Get voting guys!
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Semi-Fin...p-Vs-Omega

Alright guys this is the last round of the entire competition, the 3rd and 4th Play off Final and the Grand Final!
I can honestly say that this has been a lot of fun organizing and competing in this Tournament, but before I get all emotional, it would be best if we focus on the approaching Round. However, I would like to quickly thank everybody who has participated in the Tournament so far, along with those who have taken their time to vote. I’ll post a more detailed thank you after the Grand Final Joyful_3

Congratulations to those participants that did manage to make it to the Semi Finals, I know you put your heart and soul into those pieces but unfortunately you were simply unlucky not to come away with the win. Better luck next time to the Runner Ups in the Semi Finals. Now there’s one last chance for NoodooSoup and othellog to show us their stuff, since the two of them will be facing off in the 3rd and 4th Play Off match! Use this match as an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and make a statement for the next time you compete! There still is a 3rd place prize you’re fighting for, so make this battle count and regain some honour!

Now onto the serious end of the Tournament, the Grand Final! Congratulations Omega and Fyuuor for making it this far. The two of you have proven that you’re the two most deserving participants to be competing in this final. Congratulations once again for making the Grand Final! The winner of this battle will be crowned the 1st WBO GFX Champion and will be awarded with a customary userbar which will include their name and title. The Runner Up will also be awarded with a similar user bar indicating that they were the Runner Up of the competition.
Good luck everybody!

The Finals!!

Vote Percentage After Semi Finals:
Group A - NoodooSoup: Vote Percentage - 63.87%
Group B - Omega: Vote Percentage - 66.61%
Group C - Fyuuor: Vote Percentage - 76.63%
Group D - othellog: Vote Percentage – 68.71%

Fixtures for the Final:

3rd and 4th Play Off: NoodooSoup Vs othellog
*othellog chooses theme*
Please post the theme within 2 days.

Grand Final : Omega Vs Fyuuor
Theme - Gambit
Entries due the 1st of September

Commentary on the Grand Finalist:

Omega:

Along with Fyuuor, Omega has been an early favourite to reach the Final. He has a unique style which oozes class; due to his distinctive style Omega always pushes his opponent to produce their best work. Whilst being a favourite to win the Tournament, it hasn’t smooth sailing for this participant to reach the Final. In Round 3 Omega suffered a loss to Xyo, due to the severity of the loss it forced Omega to need future results to benefit him in order for him to progress to the Finals. Luckily future results benefited this participant and he managed to top Group B and progress to the Finals. Omega’s Semi Final battle with NoodooSoup will prove to be Omega’s defining moment of the Tournament so far. Omega came from behind to defeat NoodooSoup in the last hours of voting, when Omega did eventually snatch the lead away from NoodooSoup it was the first time he had lead in the battle. Omega held onto his slim lead and won the match by 2 votes, and in the process qualified for the Grand Final in empathic style.

Can Omega take the momentum of victory against NoodooSoup into the Final and defeat Fyuuor for another emphatic win? Or has Omega exhausted too much energy into his Semi Final battle against NoodooSoup, effectively making him fight his Grand Final early?

Omega's Progress to the Final:

Round 1
Callum6939 Vs Omega:
Score: 4 – 26
Vote Percentage: 86.66%

Round 2
Bye

Round 3
Xyo Vs Omega
Score: 23 – 13
Vote Percentage: 36.11%

Round 4
Raijin Vs Omega
Score: Omega Recieved an Automatic Win

Round 5
BeyBladestation Vs Omega
Score: 2 – 21
Vote Percentage: 91.30%

Semi Final 1
NoodooSoup Vs Omega
Score: 20 – 22
Vote Percentage: 52.38%

Overall Vote Percentage: 66.26%

Fyuuor

Along with Omega, Fyuuor was one of the Pre-Tournament favourites to win the competition. He has managed to progress to the Grand Final with the highest vote percentage in the competition. However, even though Fyuuor currently boasts an impressive 76.63%win percentage, that’s not to say that things have gone exactly to plan for the participant. In Round 2 Fyuuor received a shock defeat against Electric by 5 votes, even at this early stage of the competition Fyuuor already needed results to fall his way in order to progress to the Finals. Fyuuor successfully managed to top Group C equal on points but superior on vote percentage, he then went on to defeat the top placed participant of Group D othellog in the Semi Final which allowed him to qualify for the Grand Final.
Will this Pre-Tournament favourite live up to the hype and take the crown, or will he choke once again like he has previously done in Round 2?

Fyuuor's Progress to the Final

Round 1
BeybladerPotter VS Fyuuor
Score: 1 – 32
Vote Percentage: 96.96%

Round 2
Electric Vs Fyuuor
Score: 25 – 19
Vote Percentage: 44.18%

Round 3
DeX Vs Fyuuor
Score: 2 – 27
Vote Percentage: 93.10%

Round 4
AtomicFang Vs Fyuuor
Score: Fyuuor Received an Automatic Win

Round 5
Resistance Vs Fyuuor
Score: 4 – 15
Vote Percentage: 78.94%

Semi Final 2
Fyuuor Vs othellog
Score: 28 – 12
Vote Percentage: 70.00%

Overall Vote Percentage: 76.63%

Once again, congratulations to both participants and good luck! Please those participants choosing the themes for their battles can they please post here as it'll allow your opponent to view the theme as well.

Just for the record, I'm going to have the 3rd and 4th Play Off Match posted before the Grand Final.

(Jun. 24, 2011  3:08 PM)Fyuuor Wrote:
Information Regarding The Finals
- Participants in the Semi Final and 3rd and 4th Final, will be given 1 week to create and submit their entry to the designated person within the 1 week deadline.
- Participants in the Grand Final will be given 9 days to complete and submit their entry to the designated person within the 9 day time frame.
- From the moment a participant announces the theme for a battle, the time frame will be set from the day the theme was announced.
- Voting penalties apply for late entries.
- To the winner of the Tournament they will receive a customary userbar indicating that they were the WBO GFX Champion. Plus, most of all they'll receive a massive amount of respect! The participants who place 2nd and 3rd place, will also receive a customary userbar.
- The themes for the finals will be decided by the participant with the highest 'Vote Percentage'. This will be occur for all Finals battles which include, the Semi Final, 3rd and 4th Play Off and the Grand Final. Participants Vote Percentage from the Group Stage will be carried over to the finals.
Wow, this is amazing. I wanna see who wins XD
Just to let Omega and everybody know, I've decided on the theme for our battle.

The theme for the Grand Final will be - Gambit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_%28comics%29

Entries for the Grand Final are due on the 1st of September. In regards to whom Omega and I should send our entries to, I'll decide that and post my decision very shortly. Just beware, I believe posting the Grand Final thread is an honour since I regard it as the most important thread of the entire Tournament. I will only give the privelidge to persons I believe are deserving, so please no begging.

Just a quick note, once othellog has chosen the theme for his battle against NoodooSoup, entries will be due 7 days later. Once again, othellog has 2 days to choose the theme for his battle.
I'll choose the theme when I get back from school...
Please do, the sooner you decide on a theme the sooner NoodooSoup can work on her entry.

I'm quite surprised how quick it's been but, I'm almost finished with my entry for the Final Grin
Gambit? As in southern mafia-like X-men Gambit?

EPIC. I expect great things from 2 1337 sig makers like you 2. Wink
Hold on... NOODO IS A GIRL ?!?!?

I hate the irony of this forums...

Anyways, congrats to you guys!
Has anyone noticed both the finalists are Australian while both the people in the 3rd-4th Playoff are American?
DeX
You don't feel bad now knowing you have been beaten by a girl Tongue_out

BlitzUnicorno
Ha, it didn't even occur to me. But that's pretty cool I guess Joyful_3
The theme for the 3rd and 4th Play Off Final is - Star Fox, The Game. othellog said it can be based on the game itself, and isn't limited to the main character.

Entries are due the 1st of September.
Good luck everyone ! Joyful_3

Fyuuor, who shall I send my entry to ?
Uh ... The deadline is tomorrow, but you still haven't told us who to send our entries to :\
Omega, just in case you didn't recieve my PM. We should send our entries to Flaming Aries.

Sorry, I would have told you who would be creating the Grand Final thread sooner, but I've been quite busy recently.

Just for the record, I've sent my entry to Flaming Aries and he should be posting the thread shortly.
The final thread is up!
Awesome! Thanks Flaming Aries Wink

This is it guys, the last threads for the Tournament! So please get voting!

Grand Final: Omega Vs Fyuuor
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Grand-Fi...-Vs-Fyuuor

3rd and 4th Play Off: NoodooSoup Vs othellog
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-GFX-Batt...-Off-Final