Grand Final GFX Battle: Omega Vs Fyuuor

Theme: Gambit

ENTRY 1

ENTRY 2

Tally of Votes:

Entry 1: 35 Votes
Entry 2: 10 Votes

*Voting Closes on the 8th of September*
Entry 1. Good use of C4Ds, brushes, and text. There's also some depth thats really nice.
Entry 1 is a bit too much however entry 2 is a bit too simple. however the image in entry 1 is better. I vote entry 1
entry 1. it has a really cool backround and 2 seems a little simple to me
Entry 1!

C'mon, way too cool! Very great depth!
Both have a fair amount of work behind them, no doubt! Great work both of you!
I'd have to go with Entry 1 only because I like the effects done and it's overall feel which almost makes Gambit come out which seems to be done in Entry 2 as well, but not as much as 1.
I really like both, but the depth on Entry 1 takes it.
IMHO.
entry 1 really good stuff entry 2 is too simple....
Entry 1.
Nice Blends.
Rendering
And background XD
E1 : Entry 1 has nice depth but could have sharpened the render. And since the colors of Gambit is dark , the background is of light colors. Not too mention that the fractal (Or whatever) is too bright , contrast could have been increased. Render placement is OK though , Blending is nice too. Darkening the corners of the tag would make it become better.

E2 : As I said in E1 , the render's colors are dark but the BG is light but in the E2 there are matching colors. Render shouldn't be in the center , this cause bad composition. There's no light source , blur the background and sharpen the render for more depth (Or go to filter > other > high pass then set it on soft light 70 - 100 opacity so it would sharpen the render without ruining its quality.) Huge text detracts my attention. The tag looks plain but nice.

I vote for entry 2.
Wolverine, increasing the contrast brightens light colors and darkens dark ones o.O
Entry 1: shows great art of the graphics and has perfect text placement that doesn't get in the way.
Entry 2: It looks like it could have been taken off google and put "gambit" there.
Entry 1 takes my vote.
Hmm, it would have to be entry one.
Entry 1:
I'm just going to day that the person that made entry one should blend in the C4D's more.. I fell if an artist is going for a special effects look they should space the sig out more, in the case that you make the sig tight, the whole signature should have a flow to it, and also blend with the background.
Wow, such a long sentence.
I do really like the render though. Smile
Entry 2:
As for entry to, it seems to have the same problem..(Except for the fact that entry's 2's theme is "comic")
There still seems there is the still barrier between the render and the background.
The background is still really good though. I'm am not that familiar with the character gambit, but I'm sure that a comic look should have more color, and less depth(if you know what I mean). Especially for a sig like this, the distance between the render and the background shouldn't be visible, if it exists at all.

I like both entry's, but I think I've that that this isn't the best battle.
Entry 1. The cards look cool, nice color scheme and great effects.
MY REALLY LONG VOTE

Entry 1: It is really good but there are some flaws. Like for example everything is scattered off into space for me everything look like it was made first but then a tornado scattered everything into different areas of the signature. Please don't take this the wrong way but the text effect is nice it looks good with the word 'Gambit' however the placement is not the best and I really don't follow this text placement issue if something is in the center it would have looked better had you made the cards spread all the way to the right and had it on one of the cards. The C4Ds however I love them and I like the pink and purple effect it looks great. I also have one question.
Is that a stock background? Overall the sig is really great it is just really wierdly placed and scaled.
7/10

Entry 2: I will start with the render I actually really like the placment of it and love how the artist scaled it and showed the whole background. Moving on the right is brilliant and I love the brown part of his coat with all the depth and texture of it, the card is also absolutely awsome and don't even get me started the color my whole post could be exactly on how brilliant that card is lets just say you would ge bored when you started. The purple background is hands down one of the best ever and I love the little shooting beams they are downright awsome! The text is also great however this is problably the only thing about the signature that should be changed so it is a layer over the beams and it should be a bit brighter but still it is awsome. Also I love the color of the border and how big it is don't be afraid to make a big border. This is really great I love the placement, colors, depth, texture, and style.
10/10

I really think that we have to think about what looked like it had more hardwork, creativity, and thought put into it.

I really tihnk Entry 2 did put hardwork, creativity, and thought and of course this great artist deserves not only my vote but his position in the Grand Finals.
Entry 2 Congrats!

SCORECHECK!

Entry 1:12
Entry 2: 2

Correct me if I am wrong
Entry 1 it has great depth i like the colors and i like how he used an alley stock
I can see it now and I pick entry 1 the render blends in with the background
Entry 1 is better. Entry 2 looks like it was printed from a regular gaming magazine. Entry 1 is more creative and the colors suit perfectly with the theme.
(Aug. 31, 2011  11:54 PM)® Wrote: Entry 1 is better. Entry 2 looks like it was printed from a regular gaming magazine. Entry 1 is more creative and the colors suit perfectly with the theme.

Um the character is a game magizine maybe that why the artist made there signature look like that. Your vote counts and I am not trying to favor any entry I am just saying your vote counts just please be a little bit more reasoning and read if he is what he is.
(Aug. 31, 2011  4:21 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Entry 1. Good use of C4Ds, brushes, and text. There's also some depth thats really nice.

I agree with Noodoo, so I vote Entry 1.
(Sep. 01, 2011  12:07 AM)Flaming Aries Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2011  11:54 PM)® Wrote: Entry 1 is better. Entry 2 looks like it was printed from a regular gaming magazine. Entry 1 is more creative and the colors suit perfectly with the theme.

Um the character is a game magizine maybe that why the artist made there signature look like that. Your vote counts and I am not trying to favor any entry I am just saying your vote counts just please be a little bit more reasoning and read if he is what he is.

Dude, I know that. Im just saying it looks like its from a local gaming magazine. Not very creative or as more effort to it. You know?
I guess sorry now you are a little more clear.
I'd just like to say to Omega, that you have made a fine Entry and should be very proud Joyful_3

-------------------------------------

Score check!

Entry 1: 16
Entry 2: 2
Again, we see that Fyuuor has great sportsmanship, complimenting a competitor like that. Anyway, I'm going with the minority here. Entry 2 just looks so appealing, the colors are vibrant and really describe Gambit. My vote goes to Entry 2. On another note: Yes, both competitors earned their spot.