Semi Final 1 GFX Battle: NoodooSoup Vs Omega

Tally of Votes:

Entry 1: 1 Votes
Entry 2: 7 Votes

*Voting Closes on the 23rd of August*
Entry 1 doesn't stack up anything near Entry 2's good blend, just LQ Render...

Entry 2.
OK this is it the semi final thank you everybody these are amazing but 2 is blow my mind out entry 2 it gets my vote!
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:25 AM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Entry 2. I DESPISE Zekrom

I'm sorry, but I can't accept this as a valid reason for a vote. A vote needs to be based on graphical merits rather than personal choice of characters used in the sig.

You are more then welcomed to reword your vote Joyful_3

Score check!

Entry 1: 0
Entry 2: 2
Good job, Omega! Looks good! Nothing else to expect from you, though Tongue_out Keep voting guys!
Entry 2, the blending is amazing. It just is better. But, both are still amazing.
I could really describe all of my reasoning of why I like entry 2, but that would take forever.
I vote for entry 2 becauseit seems like it had more work done to it
EDIT: Now that I look at it more I can barely see charizard I am going for e1 not e2
Entry 2, definitely. I hate Unova, but that doesn't stop me from believing Entry 1 is amazing, as well. Entry 2 is blended so well, I'm almost speechless. Hats off to both competitors Wink
I'm voting for Entry 1.

Entry 1 is overall a nice sig. The images are crisp and clear, nice use of brush strokes and the grunge theme chosen fits well with the render. However, while it is a nice sig, it really isn't an adventurous sig. It doesn’t seem as though you’re trying anything new or pushing yourself to be different. It comes across as a bit of a safe bet.

In regards to Entry 2, I feel as though the artisit has tried to step outside of their comfort zone and attempt something a little different. While I respect the decision of trying something new, I believe it was'nt executed quite right. I find the sig is a bit too dark in some places while it's also a bit too blurry. Perhaps, if you placed the blur on a slightly lower opacity it would look more pleasing to the eye and give a stronger impression of Charizard charging towards to the sig? Though I must say, I like the idea of adding the flame into Chraizard's mouth, not to mention the little touch of fire streaming from the mouth. If it wasn’t for the lightning I would have voted for Entry 2.

Score check!

Entry 1: 1
Entry 2: 5
I agree, there definitely should have been a lot more light in that lower right corner. The effect of the flame's existence is just really lost.
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:57 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: I'm voting for Entry 1.

Entry 1 is overall a nice sig. The images are crisp and clear, nice use of brush strokes and the grunge theme chosen fits well with the render. However, while it is a nice sig, it really isn't an adventurous sig. It doesn’t seem as though you’re trying anything new or pushing yourself to be different. It comes across as a bit of a safe bet.

In regards to Entry 2, I feel as though the artisit has tried to step outside of their comfort zone and attempt something a little different. While I respect the decision of trying something new, I believe it was'nt executed quite right. I find the sig is a bit too dark in some places while it's also a bit too blurry. Perhaps, if you placed the blur on a slightly lower opacity it would look more pleasing to the eye and give a stronger impression of Charizard charging towards to the sig? Though I must say, I like the idea of adding the flame into Chraizard's mouth, not to mention the little touch of fire streaming from the mouth. If it wasn’t for the lightning I would have voted for Entry 2.

Score check!

Entry 2: 5
Adding to that I'd like the background to relate to Charizard's character. Like that that Charizard mountain, or whatever the hell that was.

In the 1990's I was stuck to my tv high off pokemon from years 1997-2000 lol.
I think Entry two is over blended, or maybe because of the lighting? But at the same time, Entry one is not blended enough for me. I'll have to vote Entry two because I feel a first generation pokemon would fit better, especially a starter, because they are more widely known.
(Aug. 16, 2011  5:15 AM)Vintage Wrote: I think Entry two is over blended, or maybe because of the lighting? But at the same time, Entry one is not blended enough for me. I'll have to vote Entry two because I feel a first generation pokemon would fit better, especially a starter, because they are more widely known.

That too.
I think that the first season of pokemon is know better by everybody. If you ask a random adult these days what a Pikachu or a Charizard is they're will most likely know. But if you ask them about this future pokemon carp they won't know. In fact I don't really know, I don't keep up with it.
Entry 2. Entry 1 has very LQ rendering.
Score check!

Entry 2: 7
(Aug. 16, 2011  5:23 AM)BeyCenter Wrote: Entry 2. Entry 1 has very LQ rendering.

Hm, I do not see what you mean, unless you are referring to the style which was intentional.
i vote for entry one. the backround fades in better with charizard and it looks cleaner to me
(Aug. 16, 2011  5:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  5:23 AM)BeyCenter Wrote: Entry 2. Entry 1 has very LQ rendering.

Hm, I do not see what you mean, unless you are referring to the style which was intentional.

Actually, I am referring to the style. Doesn't to appeal me that much.
(Aug. 16, 2011  6:02 AM)SilverPoseidon Wrote: i vote for entry one. the backround fades in better with charizard and it looks cleaner to me

Entry 1 has a Zekrom... No charizard to be found o.O
I vote entry 1. It is simple but well executed.

Entry 2 seems too dark to me and the lines on the left are blurry; it may be intentional but it kinda ruins it ...
Im going to have to vote for entry 1. I like simple and well executed signature's that show a lot but don't say a lot.

Hat's off to both competitiors though. It would probably take me month's to make something like those.
(Aug. 16, 2011  6:02 AM)SilverPoseidon Wrote: i vote for entry one. the backround fades in better with charizard and it looks cleaner to me

Before I count your vote, I'll need to clarify which Entry you mean.

Score check!

Entry 1: 3
Entry 2: 8

Entry 2 I really like the flame and smoke.