Going Away/Coming Back Topic

good lord a lot here has changed.

Don't know if anyone here remembers me but if so cool! I see the Advanced Forum has been changed. I mostly keep my beys for collection now, might sell them in the future with the exception of my HMS.

Glad to see the forum is lively!
(Dec. 26, 2016  4:15 PM)Ga Wrote: good lord a lot here has changed.

Don't know if anyone here remembers me but if so cool! I see the Advanced Forum has been changed. I mostly keep my beys for collection now, might sell them in the future with the exception of my HMS.

Glad to see the forum is lively!

I definitely remember you; great to see you back, even if momentarily hah.
(Dec. 26, 2016  6:44 AM)Dual Wrote: So I completely forgot about this site once I went to college. I didn't bring my beyblades and my interest in the game is pretty low, but I decided to come back and wow a lot has changed. It seems I came just after a major renovation of the site, so I was pretty surprised.

Anyway, I love the new layout and I'll try to be at least a bit active on here. I'm already having some problems though, like not being able to skip straight to the last page of a thread while using my phone and being completely lost as to where my pm's are, but I guess I'll figure it out eventually, haha.

The page navigation had me confused for a while too, haha. At the bottom of every page of a thread, there's a page number; you can actually tap it to open up a set of links that lets you jump to any page of the discussion.
So I saw Burst at my local target recently so i picked one up and am deciding to get back into the hobby the new Burst mechanic seems awesome now to find my MFB Smile
I completely forgot about Beyblade. For over five years! I was a cringey middle schooler the last time I even visited this place, and now I'm a second-semester high school senior. Wow. Anyway, hey y'all. My name's Titan on here, although I haven't gone by that in years. I can't believe how much this place has changed, while also staying the same. Just from a quick scan, I can see that Kai-V is still running the place. Crazy. Anyway, I'm tired and the slightest bit loopy from NYE, so this has rambled a lot. But I'm back, I guess!
Well, I always tried to make us responsible as a team, and I think it is still the same hah. Welcome back yo.
So I guess I'm back from the 3 months of suspension huh. Seemed this site had changed drastically where some features I miss and while looking back to the old UI where it still a user friendly in some places. The newer UI now is nicer but I believe the Mobile version should've been left out a bit longer to complete the changes and incomplete work. Therefore, I would be using the desktop version for now on my mobile device.
(Jan. 04, 2017  5:01 PM)Yami Wrote: So I guess I'm back from the 3 months of suspension huh. Seemed this site had changed drastically where some features I miss and while looking back to the old UI where it still a user friendly in some places. The newer UI now is nicer but I believe the Mobile version should've been left out a bit longer to complete the changes and incomplete work. Therefore, I would be using the desktop version for now on my mobile device.

The mobile version and the desktop version are the same site entirely. Certain sections are just resized and rearranged as the screen size also is resized and rearranged. Delaying one half wouldn't fix anything (nor was it possible, as the whole site is built around this functionality). If there are features you miss that haven't been mentioned already, feel free to let us know and we'll look into it. This is V1 (well, more like beta, let's be honest) of the platform we'll have for probably the rest of the WBO's existence; we expect to always make changes and improvements. It's also our first time using MyBB 1.8, and our first time with a totally custom design vs. a lightly modified, pre-existing theme.

I did the design and development myself and finished the best product I could by the deadline I had (that we suffered severe downtime during the update was unrelated to the design, but due to the fact that we upgraded the entire platform our site runs on). As many of the projects we were launching tied deeply together, this was unavoidable. Ultimately, I think the quality of the version that I launched with is solid and, despite its many flaws, of higher quality than many sites produced by much larger teams in similar kinds of communities. This is also the first time I have ever tried to develop a mobile responsive design, and the first development work I've done in years.

There is also obviously nobody more frustrated with the current issues on the site than me; it reflects directly on me as it's my work, and the plan was not to ship something compromised. To be honest, I bit off more than I could chew in the timeframe allotted; not only are there still issues that need to be fixed, but my health suffered extremely as a result of over-working.

That said, I don't think we would have a site as good as it is right now had we not reached beyond what was comfortable. Compared to our eight year history and our indefinite future, a rocky few weeks is workable.

Speaking of which, as this is the Going Away/Coming Back thread: a sincere apology for my absence over the holidays. I had really felt I was getting better (again) but I ended up becoming really sick (again). That said, I think I'm in the clear now.
So after days of lurking and a few small posts, I'm officially back. What really hooked me back in was finding Burst at all my local stores and buying a ton of them AND when I checked the tournament section to see Roanoke representing with tourneys frequently.

So, yep. Might even make videos again.
I believe I had an account on WBO absolutely ages ago... I didn't have access to the email it was under anymore (That and I no longer go by the handle it was under- that and it was kinda cringy IMO) so I couldn't  have gone back onto it. I'd post under the "Introduce yourself" forum but there doesn't seem to be a button that allows me to post there.

But- Since I'm technically "Coming back" in the light that Beyblade Burst is also coming back in the US- I decided to post here.

Really happy to see the new redesign of the website though, It looks really nice!

On Another note: Is there a reason I can't start any threads? There's a few topics I'd like to speak about but I can't seem to find a way to post them? Am I Just blind, or?
(Jan. 20, 2017  3:36 AM)LordSigma Wrote: I believe I had an account on WBO absolutely ages ago... I didn't have access to the email it was under anymore (That and I no longer go by the handle it was under- that and it was kinda cringy IMO) so I couldn't  have gone back onto it. I'd post under the "Introduce yourself" forum but there doesn't seem to be a button that allows me to post there.

But- Since I'm technically "Coming back" in the light that Beyblade Burst is also coming back in the US- I decided to post here.

Really happy to see the new redesign of the website though, It looks really nice!

On Another note: Is there a reason I can't start any threads? There's a few topics I'd like to speak about but I can't seem to find a way to post them? Am I Just blind, or?

Welcome back hah. What was your username though? And had you ever entered a tournament, gotten Faces, etc.? 

Hm, the Post Thread button should be visible basically at the same places as before. Clearly tons of new Members are creating tons of new topics that I keep having to lock, so it is not a matter of thread creation being blocked until you have a certain number of posts...
introduce yourself doesn't have a button 
EDIT: on mobile it does but I'm not sure about PC
Hm, oddly it was disallowed for regular Members and I do not know if that was voluntary, or how it could be different depending on the device you use... In any case, I changed it now, so hopefully it works for everyone except banned users hah.
I'm back, it has been quite a chromosome but I'm back, I saw some beyblade burst on TV and it reminded me of this forum...I hope I can regain my knowledge on blading
(Jan. 20, 2017  3:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Welcome back hah. What was your username though? And had you ever entered a tournament, gotten Faces, etc.? 

Hm, the Post Thread button should be visible basically at the same places as before. Clearly tons of new Members are creating tons of new topics that I keep having to lock, so it is not a matter of thread creation being blocked until you have a certain number of posts...

My old username was CounterBlader22 I believe? I didn't have anything important on it as I was never able to find any tournaments in my area at the time and I hadn't any faces on the account.
(Jan. 20, 2017  4:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, oddly it was disallowed for regular Members and I do not know if that was voluntary, or how it could be different depending on the device you use... In any case, I changed it now, so hopefully it works for everyone except banned users hah.

I guess it was a good thing I said something then, hmm? .o.
Oh wow...It has been a long while. Just over 4 years of barely even thinking about Beyblade and my fiance surprises me with the new Burst version of Dranzer. And to think it's all because we had to clean out some space and i found most of my old plastics and MFB. So the love has been rekindled. I doubt anyone remembers me from before as I was notoriously shy and outside of a few names I am familiar with I don't see many from those days that I interacted with...So..Hello all. Smile
(Jan. 27, 2017  8:39 AM)Tamer Shinn Wrote: Oh wow...It has been a long while. Just over 4 years of barely even thinking about Beyblade and my fiance surprises me with the new Burst version of Dranzer. And to think it's all because we had to clean out some space and i found most of my old plastics and MFB. So the love has been rekindled. I doubt anyone remembers me from before as I was notoriously shy and outside of a few names I am familiar with I don't see many from those days that I interacted with...So..Hello all. Smile

Welcome back to the WBO!
(Jan. 27, 2017  8:39 AM)Tamer Shinn Wrote: Oh wow...It has been a long while. Just over 4 years of barely even thinking about Beyblade and my fiance surprises me with the new Burst version of Dranzer. And to think it's all because we had to clean out some space and i found most of my old plastics and MFB. So the love has been rekindled. I doubt anyone remembers me from before as I was notoriously shy and outside of a few names I am familiar with I don't see many from those days that I interacted with...So..Hello all. :)
Haha that is honestly great! Welcome back and feel free to ask any questions that you may have. :)
Okay, I really didn't see this post until now. If it's okay, could my recent coming back post be deleted? Uh, anyway...I'm back guys XD
Hi, I am back to the Beyblade hobby. This new series made me come back for Beyblade.  Happy battling.
I've been gone for a long time. Not officially coming back yet, but hopefully after next year I'll be back and attending tournaments again! Love the new look and good luck to the organization. I wanna be back asap. I'll be periodically checking, but definitely not active yet. Just wan ed to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about my favorite organization even if many have forgotten about me haha. Until next time!
(Mar. 27, 2017  7:00 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: I've been gone for a long time. Not officially coming back yet, but hopefully after next year I'll be back and attending tournaments again!  Love the new look and good luck to the organization. I wanna be back asap.  I'll be periodically checking, but definitely not active yet. Just wan ed to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about my favorite organization even if many have forgotten about me haha.  Until next time!

Hahah, hopefully you can return and contribute as you did in the past. Are you basically just waiting for Beyblade Burst to be at its peak by Hasbro?
Haha it's more me being very busy with school and such, but my high school years are coming to an end next year and I will be much more free and able to attend tournaments. I'm hoping I'll be more active than ever before. Just have to get through these last obstacles.
Good luck with everything, but personally it was somewhat the contrary for me hah: high school was the easiest study-wise. It gets much harder after that, usually.