God's Pawn (WIP Fantasy Novel)

Poll: What do you think about this Fantasy Novel?

You need to release this!
81.40%
Want to see more
4.65%
I will read when I'm bored
6.98%
Nah, didn't catch my interest
6.98%
Total: 100% 43 vote(s)
(May. 05, 2011  11:15 PM)Kavasiki Wrote:
(May. 05, 2011  10:42 PM)Sparta Wrote: I don't mean to be a pest, but I hope Ethan comes in soon. Probably will, seeing as you're building up an army...

Of course not. You are not the first or the last. And since you are waiting for your character to appear you will read the novel (I hope) and support it Tongue_out

As for you NoodooSoup (Wut?) I have saved the character. Thank you for contributing

....novel??

Jk. Anyways, cooliovanhoolio.
(May. 05, 2011  11:15 PM)Kavasiki Wrote:
(May. 05, 2011  10:42 PM)Sparta Wrote: I don't mean to be a pest

A pest, really? No way pal! You are not the first or the last to ask when their character will show up. And since you are waiting for your character to appear you will read the novel (I hope) and support it Tongue_out

As for you NoodooSoup (Wut?) I have saved the character. Thank you for contributing

No problemo, it was fun making! Grin
so im going to stay "Home"
ok being christian (which has quite a bit to do with this post) i believe in god
you haven't exactly mentioned who the god in your story is and most of this stuff is mythology but some people believe angels, devils etc. you also mentioned satan and being christian it's in the bible and in christian religion and in other religions also
my question is: why use satan instead of just devil? this could make it fall into religious discussion because i just searched on wikipedia and there are quite a bit of those who use satan
(not to criticize or anything because i really do love this novel so far)
(May. 08, 2011  12:44 AM)dracofrancis Wrote: my question is: why use satan instead of just devil? this could make it fall into religious discussion because i just searched on wikipedia and there are quite a bit of those who use satan

If you have searched Satan on Wiki you will find this:

"In Christianity and Islam the title became a personal name, and "Satan" changed from an accuser appointed by God to test men's faith to the chief of the rebellious fallen angels".

Originally Satan goes by the name of the Devil in Christianity and Islam but can also goes by "the accuser" which is the title of various entities. If you read the different meanings in different religions you will not find one specific description of him or it which makes it useable for me to use him as I just did. I use both the Devil and Satan up to this point in my Fantasy Novel and it is only for entertaining.

(May. 08, 2011  12:44 AM)dracofrancis Wrote: ok being christian (which has quite a bit to do with this post) i believe in god
you haven't exactly mentioned who the god in your story

The main reason for this is because in most religions that only believes in one God doesn't actually describe him except that he is male. My story was supposed to be about Angels and Devil but that later changed in my mind. God is supposed to be watching over everyone but never actually shows himself and in some religions there exist more than one God as well. If I continuing mentioning God as in Christianity might offend some other people that believe in God in a different way which sets me in a pinch.

I hope this explained most of it. Rest of Act 19 will be up soon I hope.
-Regards, Kavasiki Tongue_out_wink
(May. 08, 2011  6:14 AM)Kavasiki Wrote:
(May. 08, 2011  12:44 AM)dracofrancis Wrote: my question is: why use satan instead of just devil? this could make it fall into religious discussion because i just searched on wikipedia and there are quite a bit of those who use satan

If you have searched Satan on Wiki you will find this:

"In Christianity and Islam the title became a personal name, and "Satan" changed from an accuser appointed by God to test men's faith to the chief of the rebellious fallen angels".

Originally Satan goes by the name of the Devil in Christianity and Islam but can also goes by "the accuser" which is the title of various entities. If you read the different meanings in different religions you will not find one specific description of him or it which makes it useable for me to use him as I just did. I use both the Devil and Satan up to this point in my Fantasy Novel and it is only for entertaining.

(May. 08, 2011  12:44 AM)dracofrancis Wrote: ok being christian (which has quite a bit to do with this post) i believe in god
you haven't exactly mentioned who the god in your story

The main reason for this is because in most religions that only believes in one God doesn't actually describe him except that he is male. My story was supposed to be about Angels and Devil but that later changed in my mind. God is supposed to be watching over everyone but never actually shows himself and in some religions there exist more than one God as well. If I continuing mentioning God as in Christianity might offend some other people that believe in God in a different way which sets me in a pinch.

I hope this explained most of it. Rest of Act 19 will be up soon I hope.
-Regards, Kavasiki Tongue_out_wink
I see..
about the "haven't exactly mentioned god" thing
I didn't put that as a question I put that up as a (Compliment? kinda?) good thing because this could've fallen into religious discussion. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

Waiting for Act 19
-Have Fun, Me ;D
The complete act 19 is up people
I kinda struggled with this act so I'm very curious of what you guys think about this act. Remember, the more detailed replies I get, the better I can improve.
(May. 12, 2011  12:21 AM)Kavasiki Wrote: The complete act 19 is up people
I kinda struggled with this act so I'm very curious of what you guys think about this act. Remember, the more detailed replies I get, the better I can improve.
struggled how?
(May. 12, 2011  12:33 AM)dracofrancis Wrote: struggled how?

I have nothing planed so I have nothing to follow except of what is already written.
Let's say I make the future at the spot and making everything fit. I didn't plan Ethanial to appear so early and in my opinion I kinda felt like the scenario for him is out of place but at the same time I also felt like he fit if you catch my drift. For me at least it was a question of have or not have. But if you read act 19 you understand the outcome. I still need more characters as well. So please, keep posting characters ideas.
Aww sweeeeeeet! Very well written, and it was awesome to see me battle you! Great chapter, cannot wait for the next epic installment!
a Great chapter awesome how Felix got four wings XD
Can I post another?
*Name: Jack
Nickname: N/A
Family Name: Kirā
*Race: Dhampir.
Signature Weapon: A red double-edged sword.
Power(s): the typical vampire stuff and a rage that makes him very powerful but is uncontrollable.
City/Town/Village:Chicago, IL
*Description:Has messy deep space hair, red eyes, a plain black shirt, blue jeans, white shoes,glasses, and a clam personality.
Bio: He is the blood line of the Kira family. He ran away to Chicago to right his family's wrongs under demons.
*Weakness: The typical vampire stuff.
Dhampir
Saved the character. Thank you for contributing (again Tongue_out)
*Name: Nicholas
Nickname: Nick
Family Name: Unknown
*RaceGrineity
Signature Weapon:Twin Daggers of Twilight
Power(s)Confusedpecializes in hand to hand combat and regeneration
City/Town/Village:LA
*DescriptionConfusedhy,Very silent at times,very serious
*Bio:His parents were killed by daemons and he does not know his family name later to be found as Xyo's little brother.
*Weakness: Lightning
(Ill make an avatar for ya later)
*Name: Nicholas
Nickname: Nick
Family Name: Unknown
*RaceGrineity
Signature Weapon:Twin Daggers of Twilight
Power(s)Confusedpecializes in hand to hand combat and regeneration
City/Town/Village:LA
*DescriptionConfusedhy,Very silent at times,very serious
*Bio:His parents were killed by daemons and he does not know his family name later to be found as Xyo's little brother.
*Weakness: Lightning
(Ill make an avatar for ya later)
Saved. I will be starting on act 20 right now; I have kinda been busy playing Brink xD

(btw Xyo, delete one of your posts that is over this post)
Yet again, sorry for my fourth double post but I just wanted people to know that Act 20 is up. So enjoy.

I came up with an idea so please let me know if you want to see this or not.

Do you guys want a short video of how I write this story? Like some kind of behind-the-scenes stuff?
(Apr. 23, 2011  1:08 AM)Kavasiki Wrote: “Beer Hunger, the bar.” He answered.
Haha really? I'm 21, the age limit, and I've already developed beer hungers. Oh well Smile. Nice job, loved the chapter.

Haha, I'm JKing of course. The beer hunger is the name of the bar, but from the way you wrote it it seemed like you were referring to me being hungry for booze.
(May. 14, 2011  2:35 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2011  1:08 AM)Kavasiki Wrote: “Beer Hunger, the bar.” He answered.
Haha really? I'm 21, the age limit, and I've already developed beer hungers. Oh well Smile. Nice job, loved the chapter.

Haha, I'm JKing of course. The beer hunger is the name of the bar, but from the way you wrote it it seemed like you were referring to me being hungry for booze.

You? What do you mean? The part where Ethanial (the character you made) were going to drink?
Yeah, it was in the end of the first line, second paragraph. It was worded awkwardly.
(May. 14, 2011  10:26 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Yeah, it was in the end of the first line, second paragraph. It was worded awkwardly.

Checking ........
Act Correction Fix.... 83,23% done.

I think I fixed most of it Tongue_out
(May. 14, 2011  10:26 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Yeah, it was in the end of the first line, second paragraph. It was worded awkwardly.

Yah it seemed like you were saying I was having beer withdrawl and wanted some booze. LULZ.
I'm reading through the acts in hope of fixing all of the spelling errors and change some small and major stuff. I don't know when I will be done so I cannot say when Act 21 will go up. Anyways, keep posting characters. I need an army, remember? Tongue_out
DELETED, HAS NO USE
I must say, I didn't quite get what Näkki was so I had to look it up and man I was surprised.

Näkki also known as Nøkken in Norwegian? I remember reading much about it when I was little. But does a female really suit as a Näkki? Näkki is a swamp monster living in swamps, can transform to a white horse to lure people to its home and trap them there forever. Does that fit your character Dracovianauis, if you think so I can accept that character but I have to make small adjustments in the story when/if she pops up.

I also have to comment on the Lighting Bird race as well. If what I read was right a Lighting Bird is a bird, a normal bird with electric elements. In my opinion it will be hard to get something out of a person transforming to a little bird >_>

I know that Pheonixians would be cool but it is more, how do i put it? It is more of your fantasy than Mythology. I don't know if that actually made sense but please, even if i accepted your Drakage race I would hate to add more non-mythological races.

Please find something else for both the Pheonixians and the Lightning Bird and then inform me of the changes so I can update the character sheets. Thank you for your understanding and I'm sorry if I came out as negative.