Girago/Reviser Girago SA165MF (Attack mode)

(May. 04, 2013  11:48 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Can someone test the combo with Genbull instead of Girago/Revizer? I know the idea is to test other combos against this than to change the combo itself, but I think it can be useful too for the combo (the problem: I don't have MF and time to test, also I'm tired -I hate adulthood!-)

Thanks!

I won't have my genbull until my second girago comes anyway, and I don't think it will be quite as effective as Reviser/Girago. Kain might have it, but he seems pretty busy... I might be able to try that out in a couple weeks.
You are to scared to make a video for the attack test since you must fail at spinning all forms of attack. Since any half good attack type can KO way to easily.
(May. 17, 2013  9:48 PM)EarthEagle16 Wrote: You are to scared to make a video for the attack test since you must fail at spinning all forms of attack. Since any half good attack type can KO way to easily.
Dont take cheap shots at him, nobody even asked him to make a video, those are false claims, If you have a problem with the results you test it, you post a video.....
(May. 17, 2013  9:48 PM)EarthEagle16 Wrote: You are to scared to make a video for the attack test since you must fail at spinning all forms of attack. Since any half good attack type can KO way to easily.

Alright, challenge accepted. I'll have the video up by tomorrow. And FYI, I can spin attack types like nobody's business. Check my gryph begaridos thread, and don't slam people who spend time and effort to help you get better because you don't agree with them. I did tests. You didn't. But if you want a video, I'll give you one.

Video's up. Smile
Your so nice when someone disses u
Im surprised this combo did so well against e230 nice combo blackdragon Smile
Test
Gear
Revizer Girago SA165 (Attack Mode) MF vs MSF-H Gryph^2 SP230 GF
Girago: 6 (2 KO, 4 OS)
Gryph 14 (14 KO)
Girago win percentage: 30%
Detail
Gryph was KOing Gurago really hard. Girago got a lucky at a few points, but it wasn't enough to make it have a good win percentage.
Wow! Epic fail! Tongue_out I'm gonna try this out!

Since you already did Reviser Girago, I decided to try Girago Girago and see if it did any better... Sorry there are only 10 rounds, I'm kinda short on time. Smile

Girago Girago SA165MF vs. Gryph Gryph SP230GF
Girago launched first on all launches.
Girago: wins, 7/10 (1 KO, 6 OS)
Gryph: wins, 3/10 (All KO)
Girago Girago SA165MF win rate: 70%

I don't think the second Girago could've effected it that much... Then again, I only did 10 rounds. I tried banking and stalling with both, and I just couldn't get Gryph to win. Unhappy Maybe I was still launching it wrong...

I assure you if you keep that attitude you will get banned. I learned it the hard way, but I acknowledged my shortcomings and decided to listen to members who are more experienced than me. I have a 60 percent warning level. Also, do NOT MAKE FALSE CLAIM and make sure you actually have something to support your post instead of posting random stuff.
(Jun. 01, 2013  2:50 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Wow! Epic fail! Tongue_out I'm gonna try this out!

Since you already did Reviser Girago, I decided to try Girago Girago and see if it did any better... Sorry there are only 10 rounds, I'm kinda short on time. Smile

Girago Girago SA165MF vs. Gryph Gryph SP230GF
Girago launched first on all launches.
Girago: wins, 7/10 (1 KO, 6 OS)
Gryph: wins, 3/10 (All KO)
Girago Girago SA165MF win rate: 70%

I don't think the second Girago could've effected it that much... Then again, I only did 10 rounds. I tried banking and stalling with both, and I just couldn't get Gryph to win. Unhappy Maybe I was still launching it wrong...
Wow. I'll redo the tests and post a video. I can't believe we got that diferent results.
(Jun. 01, 2013  11:18 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Wow. I'll redo the tests and post a video. I can't believe we got that diferent results.

That would be awesome! Smile
I'm necroing this one too NECROS EVERYWHERE

Let me start by saying I love that you put the counters to the custom in the OP, that's kind of fantastic for evaluating the customs.

I like this combo a lot, and it put up some very impressive results! I especially like where it curb stomped Diablo in KainHighwind's test, haha! The weakness to Wyvang is understandable and not a huge issue (Wyvang beats everything not on E230 lol), but the weakness to left-spin is troublesome... did Girago Girago do any better against Dragooon than Reviser Girago by chance?
No, the second Girago didn't help at all with Dragooon. Unhappy This is probably the combo's biggest problem, since dragooon combos are so prevalent in the current metagame... It pretty much stomps all over anything right-spin, but any left spin combo that doesn't have horrendous LAD can usually take it out pretty easily.
Carp, I was afraid of that. I still really like this custom based on the tests, but the meta just isn't friendly to it at all right now... The only way I could think to improve this custom would be to find another bottom chrome wheel, but I'm completely unsure if there is a better option. It's relatively tall and on the thin MF, so there isn't much that can be done...

Except change the tip, now that I think about it: what about GF?

I've tried literally every chrome wheel there is (with the exception of phoenic) and none of them work nearly as well as girago. Unhappy GF totally fails on this. It really doesn't do well OSing things like people say, IMO. Super wide flat = low stamina, logically. It has really only been tested a couple times for tornado stalling NOT left-spin (one out of like 3 of which was me Tongue_out) and it's results weren't very impressive at all. here they are

Notice the stamina combo I used wasn't very good (just used for comparison), so its ineffectiveness is much more obvious.
did someone tried this with a different track? if someone did, tell me the experience : D
(Jun. 25, 2013  4:10 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: did someone tried this with a different track? if someone did, tell me the experience : D

This thing is pretty boss on W145, but it seems to have a uch bigger problem with attack-oriented beys. Smile
So how bout them dragoon noobs
What? Confused

If you want to list your parts to ask for competitive combinations, please use the "build me a combo" thread. Smile This one is just for Girago/Reviser Girago SA165MF.
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:16 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: What? Confused

If you want to list your parts to ask for competitive combinations, please use the "build me a combo" thread. Smile This one is just for Girago/Reviser Girago SA165MF.
From what he said, it seems that he talked to me a lot XD
This combo sounds fantastic :3 Does it catch the tornado ridge as well as Phantom on MF?
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:16 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: What? Confused

those parts were from his signature! lol He was wondering how this combo does against dragooon.
Here's a combo that beat your "Girago/Revizer Girago SA165MF" when I tested it. You might want to test it sometime just for fun if you have the parts. Ok, here it is: Saramanda Saramanda F230AS
It won 100% of the time and spun for a really long time AFTER the battle. I used the Pegasus Thunder Whip though because I don't have the TT Attack Type stadium.
If you want to test you have to use the same variables as everyone else, the reason it son was because there were no openings for a ko.
Yeah, I can test it in a Zero-G Stadium too.
Oh yea that's my signature idk how to put it in spoilers
(Jul. 02, 2013  6:57 PM)BahamdiaGoreim Wrote: Yeah, I can test it in a Zero-G Stadium too.
This is a bb10 combo so your zero g tests would be of no value.