Girago/Reviser Girago SA165MF (Attack mode)

Hey guys! This is my second testing thread. I messed up a lot in the Gryph Begaridos 100RF thread, but I am applying everyone's advice to make this thread accurate and correct. Thanks! Smile

The concept:

Testing videos:

Testing:

Counters:

Please give me some feedback and tell me if I did anything incorrectly. I will probably be able to do any tests you want to give me myself, so you can just post and ask and I will try to get around to it. Thanks guys! Smile
Nice tests, how about against MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS?
(Apr. 18, 2013  4:35 AM)diblee123 Wrote: Nice tests, how about against MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS?

Thanks! I'll get that done by 1:00 this afternoon. Smile
(Apr. 18, 2013  2:09 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2013  4:35 AM)diblee123 Wrote: Nice tests, how about against MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS?

Thanks! I'll get that done by 1:00 this afternoon. Smile

that is a outclassed combo. tests are to be done with some competitive stuff. lolol
I will start with a postive thought and then move to a little less positive one.

First, kudos on using Girago with MF. When I got my 2 Giragos I noticed real quick that it seems to resist rotational recoil (basically, it doesn't lose much spin velocity when it gets hit) better than any other Chrome Wheel. Because Girago doesn't suffer from as much rotational recoil as the opponent, it doesn't lose as much spin velocity when they connect, and this is why it appears to "drain" the opponents stamina. This is also part of the reason why it is safe to use Girago on MF without worry of it getting KOed to easily.

I personally was using Girago Girago W145/SA165 MF, but I am assuming your choice of Revizer is because you do not have a 2nd Girago. Another thing that surprised me is that even using MF, it seemed to hold its own vs Diablo BD145RF. Which is a huge testament to its ability to resist rotational recoil, because I believe the reason Diablo works so well for anti-attack is that when it hits the opponent, even if it doesn't KO, the opposing attack type loses soooo much spin. I have not had time lately to do much more than play around because of a new baby so I never got to do formal tests. I am glad someone else sees the potential with Girago, and if I get some time I will try to do some Girago Girago SA165MF tests. In the meantime, I would suggest doing tests vs Diablo Kerbecs BD145RF.

Now for the little less positive thing. First of all, I think it is awesome that you are doing videos, but I would highly suggest that when you do a video, that you do it uninterrupted at least during the testing part. I noticed in both your videos that you cut out between some of your tests. If you have questionable results that you are trying to prove with a video, and the video seems edited at all, then it will have little to no credibility.
(Apr. 18, 2013  4:05 PM)KainHighwind Wrote:

Thanks! You're right, I do not have 2 Girago, and Reviser seemed to work the best for me. Another girago sounds great though! Smile I will positively do that test as soon as I can.

Some things are cut out in the video because, the camera fell over, my launcher jammed a couple times, the stadium got caught by the cord on the launcher and pulled out of view, I missed the stadium while launching one time (oops...) and I launched the bey once and it started rattling and fell apart because i forgot to tighten it. So I did not skip any actual battles, unless my launch slipped and the bey tornado stalled as soon as it hit the ground, or the two beys tied. I just skipped things in between battles that would have made it painfully long, since it can only be a certain length. I was simply trying to make it more convenient. Smile I'll try to make them as little edited as possible though. But I may have to cut some stuff out of the next one to make it match the time limit for youtube uploads.

I posted a test for dilbee123 in the OP against Basalt Aquario 230 CS. Smile

I know its outclassed. But its the best combo I can make. I wanted to see how well it would fare against Girago Revizer. I guess I need to collect more parts, but thats hard when you consider the fact I get only 1 new bey a month.

I know u guys are probably going to say NO WAY,but honestly from what I have seen, I think RB has more stamina than RDF,RSF,and RS. How about against some defence RB combos?
It does have fairly low recoil. It might even have less recoil than Revizer, and its stamina is on par with Revizer. I also did some defense test with Girago Girago BD145RDF and it did surprisingly well. Revizer is still probably going to be the better choice for pure defense because of its smooth sides, but I definitely believe Girago has a place in a defense based balance custom. At one point I told Ingulit that I believe Girago will possibly take Diablo's place as the goto anti-attack wheel once more people get it.

And your test posting looks good. I personally bold the win rate just so its a tad easier to read, but that is a little nitpicky.
Great! thanks! I can see that you are a huge fan of girago. Tongue_out
A track makes a big difference...

Wyvang Dragooon SA165(ZGA Mode)RF vs MSF Revizer Girago SA165(ZGA Mode)MF
Wyvang:15 Wins(8 KO, 7 OS)
Girago: 5 Wins(All KO)
7 Ties
Revizer Girago Win Rate: 25%
Wow! that's crazy! That was such a big difference...
In that situation I can totally see the track making that big of a difference.
How about against MF-H Phantom Cancer BD145RB? Phantom is for stamina, cancer is a good clear wheel for stamina, BD145 and MF-H are for weight so it does not get a stadium out from revizer girago, and RB is a really good defense tip, and I would pick it over RSF and RS for defense.
Phantom isn't a defense wheel he should use Death, Duo or synchrom.
I guess I shouldn't have done those tests using an LW160 as substitute for SA165, since it is obviously not as good. As for diblee's request, That would get almost instantly OSed or KOed. That combo is, shall we say, the wrong way to combine defense and stamina. I also do not have RB, unfortunately. Smile

Do you guys have another left-spin attacker you would like me to tests it against? I can if you want, but shinobuXD has pretty much covered it I think (thanks Shinobu Smile).
Killerken Dragooon DF105LRF(Meow!'s) combo, because its so low I think it might give this thing trouble.
I do think this might be a pretty good combo though. It actually took hits pretty well, and I was surprised, since Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F has pretty much ran all over anything I've put it against previously. RF has a wider surface area than MF though, so OSing was pretty easy though.
(Apr. 21, 2013  3:10 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: I guess I shouldn't have done those tests using an LW160 as substitute for SA165, since it is obviously not as good. As for diblee's request, That would get almost instantly OSed or KOed. That combo is, shall we say, the wrong way to combine defense and stamina. I also do not have RB, unfortunately. Smile

Do you guys have another left-spin attacker you would like me to tests it against? I can if you want, but shinobuXD has pretty much covered it I think (thanks Shinobu Smile).

It will almost never get koed. or OS ed. Phantom fusion wheel is a very good stamina wheel. It adds extra stamina to a bey because the core is plastic while the metal parrt is on the outside. RB is a Rubber Ball, it has awesome defense. And believe it or not it outspins rdf,rsf, and rs. it will win. Get RB.
I think Yous should test this with Duo ___230 MB. It is a great combo that do well with
I have been testing this for a while,
I used to try with Saramanda Girago But it doesn;t do as well as with Revizer.
I really lliked this combo but I have been too busy to test it out
In yesterday's tournament, we had ashton pinto using Girago Girago W105MF.
From what I could notice, it did have quite a lot of Stamina. It even managed to outspin a Duo W145WD combo for some reason.
At the same time, Girago pulled off some really hardcore KOs. It only needed to make contact with the opposite beyblade, and then it was a freak KO.
Apart from resisting Rotational Recoil, this thing has that "Stopping Force" that makes the opposing Beyblade lose a hell lot of spin; something similar to what Diablo does. However, what sets it apart from Diablo is its relatively better Stamina and lack of recoil.
As this "Stopping Force" works only against Right Spin combos, its weakness to Left-Spin combos is justified.

So yeah, this was all I could notice in a short cameo of a Girago combo in yesterday's tourney.
I've been doing some more testing guys, and I think this combo would be quite a bit better with a second Girago, so I ordered one, but will not be here for like a month. Unhappy I will continue to dod tests with reviser, and I may open up a new thread with 2 girago once I get it.
I told you the explanation for it. It seems to "drain" the opponent's stamina because when they make contact Girago loses less spin velocity than the opponent does. That is all due to the fact it resists rotational recoil so well, as I explained in my previous post. I'm still working on finding some time to test, but as soon as do, testing Girago Girago for you is on the top of my list. Again, kudos for posting this.
Well, I was kinda going for why and how does it resist rotational recoil. Smile Maybe I should've been clearer... some tests would be great! It looks like the shipping for my girago #2 is gonna be delayed. I will also be in DC until thursday, so I can't test anything for a couple days. Smile
I saw the videos this time and this combo is so nice that I want to add it to my collection of combos : D

Really nice job!

(Awful thing that I need another Girago, another SA165 -the red one-, and one MF from Screw Lyra, would be really nice, two giragos, nice stone face, stylish red-blue track-bottom combination)
KainHighwind- Yeah, that is true. Grin
Resisting Rotational Recoil would probably be the aspect which allows it to retain its Stamina. However, it has that additional "stopping force" (something which we have often seen in Diablo and Jiraiya Blade) that totally drains an opponent's spin velocity. As this "stopping force" doesn't work against Left-Spin beys, it justifies Girago's weakness against Left-Spin.
Considering how well this Synchrom manages to drain an opponent's Stamina, it is phenomenal to see how it suffers from minimal recoil after that. When KainHighwind first compared it to Diablo, one would think of a heavy Synchrom with the Stamina-draining ability, and loads of recoil.
Thus, its ability to resist recoil even after being almost similar to Diablo in function, is extraordinary.
I don't know how effective this setup would be, but one thing's for sure- Girago is the highlight of this combo, and without it, this combo would not work.
Still, I think there might be better things than SA165 to use... But well, I might be totally wrong with that, haha!