Giga Flat Discussion (BB-10 Only!)

Ah where do I start with GF? Perhaps the funky name? Maybe the fact that it is the widest flat tip made so far, an evolution of the f, wf, xf lineage?

GF(Giga Flat):
Despite being the widest flat, Giga Flat is definitely not the most uncontrollable. Because WF and XF get easily caught in the Tornado Ridge, it is much harder to launch them in a way that they can go through the center, or at least not Tornado Stall.

Giga Flat on the other hand, is just the right size that it will be able to hop the Tornado Ridge when desired and catch the TR when desired. (And boy....it catches the TR well.....almost too well)

This is not what makes Giga Flat so amazing though. (If you wanted a sort of attack/spin equalizer hybrid, Killerken Dragooon DF105LRF would be sufficient.)

Giga Flat is amazing because it almost never falls over against another stamina/defense type. GF is so wide that as it slows down, it always stays upright! (paired with a favorable track of course) Because it doesn't fall over, it has so much more LAD than any other bottom in MFB.

The current standard for outspinning/winning against pure spin-equalizing Dragoon combos is MF-H Duo Cancer B:D or something along those lines. I think my B:D is mold A4, but not sure if that has significance to anyone.

Killerken Dragooon D125GF vs MF-H Duo Cancer B:D
Killerken: 10/10 (All OS)
Duo: 0/10 (N/A)

Killerken Win Rate: 100%

I stopped after 10 rounds because the matches continued to remain the same. Basically Killerken Dragooon would stand upright for the entire battle and would get the last 3-4 rotations. BTW: I didn't count the match where I self-koed, but just be wary of you launch if you do go you use this. It is pretty easy to self-ko especially if you are not paying much attention to your launch.

Killerken Dragooon D125GF vs MF-H Duo Cancer BD145RDF
Killerken: 10/10 (9 OS, 1 KO)
Duo: 0/10 (N/A)

Killerken Win Rate: 100%

Again there was no reason to do 20 rounds since it was pretty redundant. The only odd win was by KO, but again I messed up the TS and got a flower patter somehow and managed to KO it. Probably all luck. I'm not sure if I'd be able to do that again. What was funny here, was actually the fact that GF won, not even touching Duo. It just plain outspun Duo while still circling with no contact whatsoever...

All in all, this thing is really scary, being that it completely trashes everything we know about LAD. (How does a flat tip have so much LAD!!!!!!!!!!Rage!!!!) And it goes so fast, I'm starting to wonder what it does to other attack types......more testing for tomorrow!!!!

On a lighter note, just some fun facts to help you picture GF's performance if you don't already have one:
1. GF has almost double the diameter of RF2. If launched perfectly, GF can move the stadium....a lot. My record was 1' 10'' away from the starting place of the stadium, which is pretty far if you think about it. It reminds me of watching like a turtle race. I got it on video so I should have it up in the future.
3. I actually have some footage of Gravity Perseus BD145MF stalling and I speed it up 250%. That edited footage is a tad bit slower than GF's optimal stall.

Wow,GF seems like a total monster! Can you test this against E230? I think the results will pretty much be the same though.Anyways thanks for the tests Meow!

EDIT:If I do get one,I will be having lots of trouble controlling it IMO
Can u test against death ___ B:D
(Dec. 18, 2012  5:17 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: Can u test against death ___ BGrin

He tested against a very similar combo,which was Duo Cancer BGrin.
(Dec. 18, 2012  5:05 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: EDIT:If I do get one,I will be having lots of trouble controlling it IMO

It's actually not as hard as you think. If you tilt the launcher, it hops the ridge and slams into the walls and makes a flower pattern. If you keep the launcher straight, it stalls.

Again one of the biggest graces with this thing, is that it doesn't get caught in the TR as easily as XF and WF because it is so large.
(Dec. 18, 2012  5:21 AM)Meow! Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2012  5:05 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: EDIT:If I do get one,I will be having lots of trouble controlling it IMO

It's actually not as hard as you think. If you tilt the launcher, it hops the ridge and slams into the walls and makes a flower pattern. If you keep the launcher straight, it stalls.

Again one of the biggest graces with this thing, is that it doesn't get caught in the TR as easily as XF and WF because it is so large.

Ok,I think I understand now how the launch would go now.Thanks!
Wait, since when is B:D part of a top-tier combination used for test results in the Attack Type BeyStadium ?
B:D isn't top tier; however, Duo B:D/ Synchrom B:D was used as a counter to Dragooon spin-equalizers. It placed in some of the tournaments when Dragooon first started popping up.

I believe there is some testing in the original Dragooon thread. I can do Phantom/Duo Cancer AD145WD tests tomorrow.
@ BeybladePants11
I know but I wanted to see how it does against the lefty killer
Please don't start giving combos nicknames. As alluring as it sounds, we've had issues with that in the past...

You can see the speed easier when I hold the stadium still....This video was just intended to showcase how far it can move the stadium.

Lol I just though of something at the beginning of the video. Not sure if I made my point clear enough, but I was trying to make a joke about how GF could be used in tournaments to move the stadium to touch your opponents legs/knees and win my default.....bad joke though....
In my experience, GF is easy to control, if the parts set atop of it are heavy .. If it's light, it is slightly harder .. But I am able to control it either way.

Also, do you mind posting some Stamina tests? I want to compare it with my one .. because your results seem a bit strange (I haven't tested it yet, but I will now).
Stamina tests as in solo stall spin times? Or do you mean like against Duo AD145WD and the likes?
Ah, I meant Solo Spins.
Thanks for the tests!
Can you try Phantom 85GF? Thanks Smile
> Can you try Phantom 85GF?
I can tell you from personal experience that Phantom 85__ scrapes on tips as short as GF.

Whoa, okay, these results are crazy! I'd like to see some tests against Death ___ (AD145/W145)WD; it might sound like an odd request, but that is a notoriously difficult combo for most left spin to defeat.

Thank you for this awesome thread/test results, now I know I should be trying to get this by Christmas, haha!
(Dec. 18, 2012  7:07 PM)Ingulit Wrote: > Can you try Phantom 85GF?
I can tell you from personal experience that Phantom 85__ scrapes on tips as short as GF.

Whoa, okay, these results are crazy! I'd like to see some tests against Death ___ (AD145/W145)WD; it might sound like an odd request, but that is a notoriously difficult combo for most left spin to defeat.

Thank you for this awesome thread/test results, now I know I should be trying to get this by Christmas, haha!
Would Phantom 100GF work?

By the way, thanks for the tests Meow!. Looks like I should try getting a Bahamdia sometime then!

Hah, I like the video as-well by the way :3
I'd love to see how GF acted in a zero-g attack type stadium ! XD
Although that would have to be in the zero-g customizations section :L
Can you test MF-H Flash Scorpio W145GF? I wanna see if it can OS better than the MF variant. Can you do comparatives?

I'll get to some full testing later as well as the solo-spin times requested.
For me Giga flat is hard to control when it goes super fast and its so sleek and when it goes then for me it it just rushed out the stadium
(Dec. 18, 2012  5:21 AM)Meow! Wrote:

QFYI~
I don't think that gf would be great in a tournament
(Dec. 19, 2012  7:41 PM)dark aquario 55 Wrote: I don't think that gf would be great in a tournament
Do you have any evidence of why you think it wouldn't do good in a tournament?
well if you are battling a phantom orion b:d you would lose big time because gf stays spinning around and around and phantom has more stamina

EDIT: I am not trying to be mean